Head-Fi UK Meet: 02/04/2011 - London
- It's Official! -
Details last updated 30/03/11 (updates in red)
The deadline to confirm attendance has now passed
Thank you to everyone who PM'd me to say they're attending.
AmpCity - UK headphone amp and DAC specialists. Stockists of gear by
- Head Direct
- Audio Gd
- Unique Melody
AmpCity are very kindly funding the venue, which is now booked and paid for. They have put many hours into finding a suitable venue for the most popular date decided upon in the poll (02/04/2011). Without their help and generosity this meet may not have been possible.
Crystals of London
2 Agate Close,
London NW10 7FJ
Room is available 1000 - 1800.
- We need time to setup tables, so we'll open the room to kit bringers at 1030 so they can setup.
The event will open to everyone at 1100
- Right between the M4 and M1, easily accessible from the A406.
- Close to tube stations on the Central and Piccadilly line (Zone 3).
- Close to reasonably priced hotels with parking (Holiday Inn, Travelodge and Premier Inn).
- Venue has 8 on-site parking spaces and apparently street parking usually isn't a problem (no yellow lines near by).
- At least 30 tables (each 5' * 2.5' - room for two people per table), plenty of chairs and 32 plug sockets (people will need to bring power gangs as per previous meets).
- Capacity for 200.
How to Sign-Up/Confirm attendance
In order to confirm your attendance at the meet, please PM jr41 with the following information:
- Your real full name.
- Your telephone number.
- Any kit you're bringing.
- Whether you're bringing an additional person (we would like to limit the number of additional people that attendees can bring to one, and even then please consider that places are primarily for head-fi members interested in attending the meet).
- Whether you're interested in attending an evening meal and social event after the meet.
Your forum alias and the kit you're bringing will then be added to the confirmed listings below.
Since AmpCity are kindly paying the venue costs for the 2011 UK Head-fi meet, there will be no attendance cost.
Had AmpCity not been so generous, entry costs would probably be in the region of £15 each.
As such, we thought it would be a nice idea to setup a Just Giving page for a hearing related charity, so that if attendees wish to, they can donate a small sum to charity instead.
Many thanks for your contribution!
There will be a raffle, to which AmpCity have kindly donated one set of Unique Melody Aero Custom IEMs! smial1966 is kindly donating a RSA `The Tomahawk'. www.highendworkshop.co.uk, who will be present at the meet, are donating a Hifiman HE-4.
- EddieE is working on a programme which will list all gear at the event with room to write listening notes, etc. I've seen a few mock-ups and EddieE is clearly a talented graphic designer!
- A few suppliers have expressed interest in exhibiting their gear, including Graham Slee. Nuwidol has been working with a number of suppliers to secure gear for the meet - there will be more details to follow!
Nuwidol has arranged for Head-Direct to supply the Hifiman HE6, HE4, RE-272, RE-262 and HM-601, along with Audez'e to supply a number of LCD-2's!
AmpCity will be exhibiting the following gear:
- Lite Audio LT-One
- Lite Audio DAC 83
- Lite Audio DAC 68
- Lite Audio P100
- Blacknote DSS30
- Calyx DAC 32/192
- Calyx Kong
- Audio Gd Reference 7.1
- Audio Gd NFB-2
- Audio Gd NFB-12
- Audio Gg NFB-11ES
- Audio Gd NFB-7
- Audio Gd NFB-10ES
- Audio Gd Phoenix
- Audio Gd C2.1
- Audiotailor Jade
- Matrix Mini-i
- Matrix M-Stage
- Matriz Cube
- Hifiman EF5
- Hifiman HE-4
- Hifiman HE-5LE
- Hifiman HE-6
- Hifiman RE0
- Hifiman RE-Zero
- Audiotailor Jade
- Unique Melody Mage
- Unique Melody Miracle
- + variety of headphones from Sennheiser, Denon, AKG, Grado
www.highendworkshop.co.uk will also be bringing the following gear for us to sample:
- AKG Q701 (one in white and one in green) Borrowed from AKG
- AKG HD242 (the new High Def headphones) Borrowed from AKG
- Cables Ixos Ixocita interconnects 4 sets of one metre cables (maybe more)
- Power block by ISO8 (this stop DC voltages and spikes)
- Stax 007 headphones
- Stax 007t amplifier
- Hifi-Man HE4 / HE5le / HE6
- Hifi-Man EF5 Amplifier
- Schiit Audio Asgard / Valhalla / Lyr ( highendworkshop are the new reseller for the UK )
- Omega Headphones stands for all Headphones
- Ayre QB9 and a good USB cable
- Ayre CD player or maybe the new blu ray player
- Laptop to work with the Ayre QB9
- Assortment of high quality power cables, blocks (which are mine) and also many normal power strips and power cables
For safety reasons any mains connected electronics needs to be housed in a suitable enclosure which is properly earthed.
There is a Premier Inn very close to the venue. If you phone up, ask speak to Lauren, and quote 'Head-Fi UK Meet' to her, they can provide 1 room for 1 night at £75 incl. breakfast (you can book for two nights at £150, which I've just done). Lauren said the rate will start to go up soon, and so advised to book as soon as possible.
There are 70 parking spaces at the hotel, which are allocated on a first come first served basis, at £6 per night's stay.
The hotel only opened in October 2010 and gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.
Post Meet Meal and Drinks
Good news - after the last place cancelled our reservation, thanks to help from EddieE, I've booked another restaurant:
The table is booked for 1930
It's a bit further from the meet - about a 30min walk - so some may prefer to get taxis. The menu is on their website - it would help streamline things if everyone worked out what they want, the cost, and brought the right amount of money in cash (plus tip) with them. Thanks.
- So, put 02/04/2011 in your diary, subscribe to this thread, and PM jr41 - as per the above - if you wish to attend! -
Edited by jr41 - 3/30/11 at 11:46am