Can having the balls to cup your hands over your ears in public save you hundreds in audio equipment? Also, the bass running through my hands feels amazing... Does anybody else do this?
Related Forum Threads
- What "house sound" annoys you the most? Last post on 9/25/14 at 9:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First audiophile headphones advice Last post on 8/2/10 at 5:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there any chance I will like MX 760 if I absolutely hate MX 500 Last post on 3/1/11 at 5:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do IEM phones sound better than full-size phones? Last post on 7/15/10 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone compared the Sennheiser´ MX760 to the JVC HA-FX34? Last post on 7/2/10 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Introduction: The whole reason I purchased these was because of jekostas review of the Bette 8MM 1+1 Hybrid: The 10MM version is going to mirror a lot of the 8MM, though I do not have the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazing
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Oh no. noooo!
I bought an ipod touch a few weeks back and today I did a test with my sennheiser MX760 and apple stock buds.
I had trouble with which sounded better myself, I thought of making a thread but didnt want to get roasted alive by other hifiers.
After a while the deep subtleties of the sennheisers were revealed though. But maybe my ears suck
If you have to push the buds into your ears or form a resonant cavity with your hands in order to get good audio -- which is the case with stock Apple buds -- it is a fundamentally weak design.
I would also point out that Apple no longer even supplies foam earpads with their buds.
Ha! I thought the same thing for a while! I was comparing them with a pair of Hifiman RE262, with amp and without amp. I was pretty sad when I couldn't honestly and definitively say that the RE262 was a significant upgrade. Turns out the RE262 just wasn't my cup of tea. I got rid of 'em and kept searching. I've since fallen in love with the Earsonics SM3 and the Westone UM3X
I won't say that the stock apple buds are horrible, but they can't touch a serious IEM
- Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazing
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 42 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 1 minute ago
- › bedroom/homework setup 4 minutes ago
- › The Best Noise Cancelling (ANC) Bluetooth Headphones "discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 7 minutes ago
- › Hello there fellas, just thought I'd introduce myself! 8 minutes ago
- › Portable amp recommendation for Android 8 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 9 minutes ago
- › Help on choosing an IEM 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3