Can having the balls to cup your hands over your ears in public save you hundreds in audio equipment? Also, the bass running through my hands feels amazing... Does anybody else do this?
Related Forum Threads
- What "house sound" annoys you the most? Last post on Today at 12:06 am in Headphones (full-size)
- First audiophile headphones advice Last post on 8/2/10 at 5:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there any chance I will like MX 760 if I absolutely hate MX 500 Last post on 3/1/11 at 5:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do IEM phones sound better than full-size phones? Last post on 7/15/10 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone compared the Sennheiser´ MX760 to the JVC HA-FX34? Last post on 7/2/10 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Having those for 5 months, I am very impressed as they openned up really with my senheiser momentum after some burn in. I use them with my laptop (pc). This review will be about the VERY good...
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazing
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Oh no. noooo!
I bought an ipod touch a few weeks back and today I did a test with my sennheiser MX760 and apple stock buds.
I had trouble with which sounded better myself, I thought of making a thread but didnt want to get roasted alive by other hifiers.
After a while the deep subtleties of the sennheisers were revealed though. But maybe my ears suck
If you have to push the buds into your ears or form a resonant cavity with your hands in order to get good audio -- which is the case with stock Apple buds -- it is a fundamentally weak design.
I would also point out that Apple no longer even supplies foam earpads with their buds.
Ha! I thought the same thing for a while! I was comparing them with a pair of Hifiman RE262, with amp and without amp. I was pretty sad when I couldn't honestly and definitively say that the RE262 was a significant upgrade. Turns out the RE262 just wasn't my cup of tea. I got rid of 'em and kept searching. I've since fallen in love with the Earsonics SM3 and the Westone UM3X
I won't say that the stock apple buds are horrible, but they can't touch a serious IEM
- Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazing
- › Lightweight cans with good isolation for listening whilst studying 12 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. User Card - uploaded! (page 88) 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Recommended headphones for Bravo Audio Ocean amp. 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › CEntrance DACmini CX with 1ohm impedance mod and variable output mod 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)