Can having the balls to cup your hands over your ears in public save you hundreds in audio equipment? Also, the bass running through my hands feels amazing... Does anybody else do this?
Related Forum Threads
- What "house sound" annoys you the most? Last post on 9/25/14 at 9:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First audiophile headphones advice Last post on 8/2/10 at 5:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there any chance I will like MX 760 if I absolutely hate MX 500 Last post on 3/1/11 at 5:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do IEM phones sound better than full-size phones? Last post on 7/15/10 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone compared the Sennheiser´ MX760 to the JVC HA-FX34? Last post on 7/2/10 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazing
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Oh no. noooo!
I bought an ipod touch a few weeks back and today I did a test with my sennheiser MX760 and apple stock buds.
I had trouble with which sounded better myself, I thought of making a thread but didnt want to get roasted alive by other hifiers.
After a while the deep subtleties of the sennheisers were revealed though. But maybe my ears suck
If you have to push the buds into your ears or form a resonant cavity with your hands in order to get good audio -- which is the case with stock Apple buds -- it is a fundamentally weak design.
I would also point out that Apple no longer even supplies foam earpads with their buds.
Ha! I thought the same thing for a while! I was comparing them with a pair of Hifiman RE262, with amp and without amp. I was pretty sad when I couldn't honestly and definitively say that the RE262 was a significant upgrade. Turns out the RE262 just wasn't my cup of tea. I got rid of 'em and kept searching. I've since fallen in love with the Earsonics SM3 and the Westone UM3X
I won't say that the stock apple buds are horrible, but they can't touch a serious IEM
- Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazing
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.2 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for classical music 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 7 minutes ago
- › Crackling noise in my AKG K702's 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 High-Resolution USB DAC 600 ohm Headphone... 8 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)