Can having the balls to cup your hands over your ears in public save you hundreds in audio equipment? Also, the bass running through my hands feels amazing... Does anybody else do this?
Related Forum Threads
- What "house sound" annoys you the most? Last post on 9/25/14 at 9:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First audiophile headphones advice Last post on 8/2/10 at 5:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there any chance I will like MX 760 if I absolutely hate MX 500 Last post on 3/1/11 at 5:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do IEM phones sound better than full-size phones? Last post on 7/15/10 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone compared the Sennheiser´ MX760 to the JVC HA-FX34? Last post on 7/2/10 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Very strong and impactfull bass, great build quality. High input power. It is very sensible, has a very loud volume. Very good for DJ monitoring. Not confortable! Very fatiguing. It makes a...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazing
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Oh no. noooo!
I bought an ipod touch a few weeks back and today I did a test with my sennheiser MX760 and apple stock buds.
I had trouble with which sounded better myself, I thought of making a thread but didnt want to get roasted alive by other hifiers.
After a while the deep subtleties of the sennheisers were revealed though. But maybe my ears suck
If you have to push the buds into your ears or form a resonant cavity with your hands in order to get good audio -- which is the case with stock Apple buds -- it is a fundamentally weak design.
I would also point out that Apple no longer even supplies foam earpads with their buds.
Ha! I thought the same thing for a while! I was comparing them with a pair of Hifiman RE262, with amp and without amp. I was pretty sad when I couldn't honestly and definitively say that the RE262 was a significant upgrade. Turns out the RE262 just wasn't my cup of tea. I got rid of 'em and kept searching. I've since fallen in love with the Earsonics SM3 and the Westone UM3X
I won't say that the stock apple buds are horrible, but they can't touch a serious IEM
- Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazing
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 59 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 1 minute ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 1 minute ago
- › Portable DAC/amp for around the house 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-CKR9 & ATH-CKR10 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2