Can having the balls to cup your hands over your ears in public save you hundreds in audio equipment? Also, the bass running through my hands feels amazing... Does anybody else do this?
Related Forum Threads
- What "house sound" annoys you the most? Last post on 9/25/14 at 9:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- First audiophile headphones advice Last post on 8/2/10 at 5:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is there any chance I will like MX 760 if I absolutely hate MX 500 Last post on 3/1/11 at 5:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do IEM phones sound better than full-size phones? Last post on 7/15/10 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Has anyone compared the Sennheiser´ MX760 to the JVC HA-FX34? Last post on 7/2/10 at 9:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Edifier K180 Communicator EarbudIn many ways the Edifier H180 is a classic. As of 2017, they have been around for four years, earning a nice reputation at Head-Fi. The slightly different K180...
DisclaimerThis sample was sent to me for the purpose of an honest review. All opinions and observations here are my own based on my experience with the product. I have no affiliation with the...
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazingpost #1 of 92/19/11 at 12:14amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 92/19/11 at 12:41am
Oh no. noooo!
I bought an ipod touch a few weeks back and today I did a test with my sennheiser MX760 and apple stock buds.
I had trouble with which sounded better myself, I thought of making a thread but didnt want to get roasted alive by other hifiers.
After a while the deep subtleties of the sennheisers were revealed though. But maybe my ears suckpost #3 of 92/19/11 at 6:20ampost #4 of 92/19/11 at 9:27ampost #5 of 92/19/11 at 9:31ampost #6 of 92/19/11 at 12:20pm
If you have to push the buds into your ears or form a resonant cavity with your hands in order to get good audio -- which is the case with stock Apple buds -- it is a fundamentally weak design.
I would also point out that Apple no longer even supplies foam earpads with their buds.post #7 of 92/19/11 at 12:32pmpost #8 of 95/28/12 at 3:49pmpost #9 of 95/28/12 at 7:43pm
Ha! I thought the same thing for a while! I was comparing them with a pair of Hifiman RE262, with amp and without amp. I was pretty sad when I couldn't honestly and definitively say that the RE262 was a significant upgrade. Turns out the RE262 just wasn't my cup of tea. I got rid of 'em and kept searching. I've since fallen in love with the Earsonics SM3 and the Westone UM3X
I won't say that the stock apple buds are horrible, but they can't touch a serious IEMReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Apple Earbuds with Hands Cupped Over Ears Sound Amazing
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 11 seconds ago
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 13 seconds ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 22 seconds ago
- › Topping A30 Headphone Amplifier 39 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Aigo Z1 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear