About two months ago I requested a quote for an Audio-GD FUN B version with the following options: WM8741 DAC chip, DIR9001 chip & TE7022 USB chip. I received the quote (added some OPA modules) and then sent off another email to confirm the final cost. After I received the final quote I sent the payment. After a few days (and being OCD) I sent off another email to them requesting confirmation that I would receive the exact components I wanted, offering to pay for any that they may have missed. I was assured in an email that my FUN would have the upgraded usb, the WM8741 & the DIR9001 modules.
About ten days later I received my FUN. The problem arose when I tried to increase the output sample rate on my computer to take advantage of the TE7022's 96khz/24bit usb support; I found I was limited to 44khz/16bit. So I popped open the FUN, compared some pictures of the different modules online and sure enough Audio-GD didn't send me the TE7022 usb module. Frustrated, I sent off another email. They replied that not only did they forget to install the usb module I wanted, they also (very conveniently) forgot to charge me for it.
Of course, there's no way to verify the breakdown in costs of the different components since one was not given in my quote (which is why I asked for a quote again.) The only option they offered me was to pay for the module ($26) and said they'd cover the cost of shipping. I opted not to get the upgraded usb module.
Edit: Issue with optical input resolved.
Edited by sphinxvc - 2/24/11 at 4:00pm