I need help. I can't pick between these two. I read one review it says go with M-50s. I read another and then I lean towards 400s. PLEASE help me figure this out. Looking for best sound quality of the two, comfort is also huge, bass is another factor (not muddy), and high volume distortion is probably the biggest thing. HELP ME!
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Phiaton MS400's Last post on 11/25/13 at 4:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How would the TMA-1 compare to the ATH-M50 Last post on 9/3/11 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones for less than $200 Last post on 8/5/11 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help convince me to return my beats! Last post on 6/21/11 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Iraq, need help choosing setup Last post on 6/13/11 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Phiaton MS 400 vs ATH M-50
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 92/18/11 at 8:35am
Unless you want "style over function" then get the MS400. But I believe the M50 is just a touch above the MS400, excluding the looks department.post #3 of 92/18/11 at 4:22pm
Not so long ago I did a shootout against my M50s. I found it almost impossible to beat them. I bumped up to the 200, 300, 400, 500 dollar level to finally find a better unit (my tastes of course). The Sennheiser 600, 650, the Denon AH-D5000 and the Denon AHA-100s were my new favorites. So, in short, keep your M50s, until you try one of these. To my surprise, I was disappointed by the Phiaton MS400s. They lacked the range, smoothness, and soundstage of the M50s. My suggestion of course, but i hope it helps.post #4 of 92/18/11 at 6:14pm
Phiaton MS400 definitely has more bass than the M50, so that's a point for the Phiatons in that department. It's impossible to accuarately gauge bass quantity though. You can't quantify how much bass you need in words so the only way to really know is to try them out. For me, the M50 bass was too weak, for you it might be perfect.post #5 of 92/18/11 at 6:28pm
Quote:Originally Posted by amy01
I started using babyYour baby can read DVD your program can read with my son who has Down syndrome, when she was 8 months old. Read his first word (sign language) at 13 months and finished the book after about 16 months, 24 months, they completed the program. He is now 36 months and read simple books, suchThe tribe DVD as Mo Willems Elephant and Piggy series independently.We watched the DVD twice a day and read books 2-3 times per day, sign all the time - every day!Children with Down syndrome typicallythe Scrubs DVD learn to read the whole word, using the method by which the use of these books and DVDs. Reading has also been shown to increase the overall capacity of these children which is why I decided to try this method.I love my son feel bright and confident when reading Prison break DVDand speech and language skills are very good now. It took many, many uncertain hours to get here, wondering if something was happening, but I urge parents to give the The office DVDeader a try.We have just started to use mathematics Numicon now, here hoping that we will have the same success!post #6 of 92/18/11 at 6:48pmpost #7 of 92/18/11 at 6:55pmpost #8 of 92/18/11 at 8:05pmpost #9 of 912/18/11 at 7:34pm
hmm, so imo the ms400 is very musical, very very musical. If you want to be impressed by vocals and the musicality of your music XD then get the MS400's. I you want to be wowed by sound get the fun sounding M50. Both have bass, the M50 bass is punchier though, and the M50 has more treble. So again the MS400 will give you goose bumps because you will feel your music, not literally, but like just feel the mood of your music, and with the M50 you will be blown away by the sound. Both are great headphones, honestly very different. Unfortunately I sold my MS400's, I kinda regret doing so, but still great headphones, and the M50's are more versatile, which I think is the reason I sold my MS400s.
- Phiaton MS 400 vs ATH M-50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › AD900x or AD1000x 17 seconds ago
- › How To Build One Of The World's Finest Dynamic Headphones (markl... 21 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 50 seconds ago
- › Advice on buying a first DAC/Amp combo in 40 - 600 price range... 51 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › MHDT Labs: R-2R NOS Tube DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Looking For A Nice Setup Under $350 8 minutes ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V4 cans: seeking full specs and other owners' experiences! 8 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...