I need help. I can't pick between these two. I read one review it says go with M-50s. I read another and then I lean towards 400s. PLEASE help me figure this out. Looking for best sound quality of the two, comfort is also huge, bass is another factor (not muddy), and high volume distortion is probably the biggest thing. HELP ME!
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Phiaton MS400's Last post on 11/25/13 at 4:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How would the TMA-1 compare to the ATH-M50 Last post on 9/3/11 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones for less than $200 Last post on 8/5/11 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help convince me to return my beats! Last post on 6/21/11 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Iraq, need help choosing setup Last post on 6/13/11 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
I have owned this headphone for 2 years and it never disappointed me. The sound quality is no need to discuss as its sound signature has been discussed multiple times in TH900 thread. This...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Phiaton MS 400 vs ATH M-50
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 92/18/11 at 8:35am
Unless you want "style over function" then get the MS400. But I believe the M50 is just a touch above the MS400, excluding the looks department.post #3 of 92/18/11 at 4:22pm
Not so long ago I did a shootout against my M50s. I found it almost impossible to beat them. I bumped up to the 200, 300, 400, 500 dollar level to finally find a better unit (my tastes of course). The Sennheiser 600, 650, the Denon AH-D5000 and the Denon AHA-100s were my new favorites. So, in short, keep your M50s, until you try one of these. To my surprise, I was disappointed by the Phiaton MS400s. They lacked the range, smoothness, and soundstage of the M50s. My suggestion of course, but i hope it helps.post #4 of 92/18/11 at 6:14pm
Phiaton MS400 definitely has more bass than the M50, so that's a point for the Phiatons in that department. It's impossible to accuarately gauge bass quantity though. You can't quantify how much bass you need in words so the only way to really know is to try them out. For me, the M50 bass was too weak, for you it might be perfect.post #5 of 92/18/11 at 6:28pm
Quote:Originally Posted by amy01
I started using babyYour baby can read DVD your program can read with my son who has Down syndrome, when she was 8 months old. Read his first word (sign language) at 13 months and finished the book after about 16 months, 24 months, they completed the program. He is now 36 months and read simple books, suchThe tribe DVD as Mo Willems Elephant and Piggy series independently.We watched the DVD twice a day and read books 2-3 times per day, sign all the time - every day!Children with Down syndrome typicallythe Scrubs DVD learn to read the whole word, using the method by which the use of these books and DVDs. Reading has also been shown to increase the overall capacity of these children which is why I decided to try this method.I love my son feel bright and confident when reading Prison break DVDand speech and language skills are very good now. It took many, many uncertain hours to get here, wondering if something was happening, but I urge parents to give the The office DVDeader a try.We have just started to use mathematics Numicon now, here hoping that we will have the same success!post #6 of 92/18/11 at 6:48pmpost #7 of 92/18/11 at 6:55pmpost #8 of 92/18/11 at 8:05pmpost #9 of 912/18/11 at 7:34pm
hmm, so imo the ms400 is very musical, very very musical. If you want to be impressed by vocals and the musicality of your music XD then get the MS400's. I you want to be wowed by sound get the fun sounding M50. Both have bass, the M50 bass is punchier though, and the M50 has more treble. So again the MS400 will give you goose bumps because you will feel your music, not literally, but like just feel the mood of your music, and with the M50 you will be blown away by the sound. Both are great headphones, honestly very different. Unfortunately I sold my MS400's, I kinda regret doing so, but still great headphones, and the M50's are more versatile, which I think is the reason I sold my MS400s.
- Phiaton MS 400 vs ATH M-50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro & DT990 Pro (Comparison w/ pictures!) 8 seconds ago
- › Lossless vs 128kbps mp3 vs 320kbps mp3 blind test 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Tralucent DacAmp One... 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo Purple ES-FC300 2 minutes ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)