I need help. I can't pick between these two. I read one review it says go with M-50s. I read another and then I lean towards 400s. PLEASE help me figure this out. Looking for best sound quality of the two, comfort is also huge, bass is another factor (not muddy), and high volume distortion is probably the biggest thing. HELP ME!
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Phiaton MS400's Last post on 11/25/13 at 4:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How would the TMA-1 compare to the ATH-M50 Last post on 9/3/11 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones for less than $200 Last post on 8/5/11 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help convince me to return my beats! Last post on 6/21/11 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Iraq, need help choosing setup Last post on 6/13/11 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Phiaton MS 400 vs ATH M-50
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 92/18/11 at 8:35am
Unless you want "style over function" then get the MS400. But I believe the M50 is just a touch above the MS400, excluding the looks department.post #3 of 92/18/11 at 4:22pm
Not so long ago I did a shootout against my M50s. I found it almost impossible to beat them. I bumped up to the 200, 300, 400, 500 dollar level to finally find a better unit (my tastes of course). The Sennheiser 600, 650, the Denon AH-D5000 and the Denon AHA-100s were my new favorites. So, in short, keep your M50s, until you try one of these. To my surprise, I was disappointed by the Phiaton MS400s. They lacked the range, smoothness, and soundstage of the M50s. My suggestion of course, but i hope it helps.post #4 of 92/18/11 at 6:14pm
Phiaton MS400 definitely has more bass than the M50, so that's a point for the Phiatons in that department. It's impossible to accuarately gauge bass quantity though. You can't quantify how much bass you need in words so the only way to really know is to try them out. For me, the M50 bass was too weak, for you it might be perfect.post #5 of 92/18/11 at 6:28pm
Quote:Originally Posted by amy01
I started using babyYour baby can read DVD your program can read with my son who has Down syndrome, when she was 8 months old. Read his first word (sign language) at 13 months and finished the book after about 16 months, 24 months, they completed the program. He is now 36 months and read simple books, suchThe tribe DVD as Mo Willems Elephant and Piggy series independently.We watched the DVD twice a day and read books 2-3 times per day, sign all the time - every day!Children with Down syndrome typicallythe Scrubs DVD learn to read the whole word, using the method by which the use of these books and DVDs. Reading has also been shown to increase the overall capacity of these children which is why I decided to try this method.I love my son feel bright and confident when reading Prison break DVDand speech and language skills are very good now. It took many, many uncertain hours to get here, wondering if something was happening, but I urge parents to give the The office DVDeader a try.We have just started to use mathematics Numicon now, here hoping that we will have the same success!post #6 of 92/18/11 at 6:48pmpost #7 of 92/18/11 at 6:55pmpost #8 of 92/18/11 at 8:05pmpost #9 of 912/18/11 at 7:34pm
hmm, so imo the ms400 is very musical, very very musical. If you want to be impressed by vocals and the musicality of your music XD then get the MS400's. I you want to be wowed by sound get the fun sounding M50. Both have bass, the M50 bass is punchier though, and the M50 has more treble. So again the MS400 will give you goose bumps because you will feel your music, not literally, but like just feel the mood of your music, and with the M50 you will be blown away by the sound. Both are great headphones, honestly very different. Unfortunately I sold my MS400's, I kinda regret doing so, but still great headphones, and the M50's are more versatile, which I think is the reason I sold my MS400s.
- Phiaton MS 400 vs ATH M-50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Fan Club! 58 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › NEED HELP FOR CLEANING HEADPHONE DRIVER !!!!!!!!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2