I need help. I can't pick between these two. I read one review it says go with M-50s. I read another and then I lean towards 400s. PLEASE help me figure this out. Looking for best sound quality of the two, comfort is also huge, bass is another factor (not muddy), and high volume distortion is probably the biggest thing. HELP ME!
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Phiaton MS400's Last post on 11/25/13 at 4:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How would the TMA-1 compare to the ATH-M50 Last post on 9/3/11 at 12:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for some new headphones for less than $200 Last post on 8/5/11 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help convince me to return my beats! Last post on 6/21/11 at 5:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In Iraq, need help choosing setup Last post on 6/13/11 at 1:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Phiaton MS 400 vs ATH M-50
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 92/18/11 at 8:35am
Unless you want "style over function" then get the MS400. But I believe the M50 is just a touch above the MS400, excluding the looks department.post #3 of 92/18/11 at 4:22pm
Not so long ago I did a shootout against my M50s. I found it almost impossible to beat them. I bumped up to the 200, 300, 400, 500 dollar level to finally find a better unit (my tastes of course). The Sennheiser 600, 650, the Denon AH-D5000 and the Denon AHA-100s were my new favorites. So, in short, keep your M50s, until you try one of these. To my surprise, I was disappointed by the Phiaton MS400s. They lacked the range, smoothness, and soundstage of the M50s. My suggestion of course, but i hope it helps.post #4 of 92/18/11 at 6:14pm
Phiaton MS400 definitely has more bass than the M50, so that's a point for the Phiatons in that department. It's impossible to accuarately gauge bass quantity though. You can't quantify how much bass you need in words so the only way to really know is to try them out. For me, the M50 bass was too weak, for you it might be perfect.post #5 of 92/18/11 at 6:28pm
Quote:Originally Posted by amy01
I started using babyYour baby can read DVD your program can read with my son who has Down syndrome, when she was 8 months old. Read his first word (sign language) at 13 months and finished the book after about 16 months, 24 months, they completed the program. He is now 36 months and read simple books, suchThe tribe DVD as Mo Willems Elephant and Piggy series independently.We watched the DVD twice a day and read books 2-3 times per day, sign all the time - every day!Children with Down syndrome typicallythe Scrubs DVD learn to read the whole word, using the method by which the use of these books and DVDs. Reading has also been shown to increase the overall capacity of these children which is why I decided to try this method.I love my son feel bright and confident when reading Prison break DVDand speech and language skills are very good now. It took many, many uncertain hours to get here, wondering if something was happening, but I urge parents to give the The office DVDeader a try.We have just started to use mathematics Numicon now, here hoping that we will have the same success!post #6 of 92/18/11 at 6:48pmpost #7 of 92/18/11 at 6:55pmpost #8 of 92/18/11 at 8:05pmpost #9 of 912/18/11 at 7:34pm
hmm, so imo the ms400 is very musical, very very musical. If you want to be impressed by vocals and the musicality of your music XD then get the MS400's. I you want to be wowed by sound get the fun sounding M50. Both have bass, the M50 bass is punchier though, and the M50 has more treble. So again the MS400 will give you goose bumps because you will feel your music, not literally, but like just feel the mood of your music, and with the M50 you will be blown away by the sound. Both are great headphones, honestly very different. Unfortunately I sold my MS400's, I kinda regret doing so, but still great headphones, and the M50's are more versatile, which I think is the reason I sold my MS400s.
- Phiaton MS 400 vs ATH M-50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Jakarta Get-Together - August 2014 52 seconds ago
- › 2 days in Tokyo - looking for HighEnd HiFi shops 1 minute ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 2 minutes ago
- › Losing virginity late in life 4 minutes ago
- › I hear no difference. What am I doing wrong? 4 minutes ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › IEMs/Earbuds for university (/w PS4 compatibility?) 9 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: The Stunning McIntosh D100 13 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 13 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)