Which has the overall best quality and sound, however, bass is very important as is distortion at high volumes. I would be running these through a home audio receiver. PLEASE post, I'm dead-locked between these two!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/18/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 2/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quick question... V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- is V-moda Crossfade LP good? Last post on 3/2/12 at 10:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB700 or V-MODA Crossfade LP Last post on 9/2/11 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Krk 6400's or ATH-M50's Last post on 2/7/12 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
ATH M-50 vs V-Moda Crossfade LPpost #1 of 42/17/11 at 10:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 42/17/11 at 10:50pmpost #3 of 42/27/11 at 7:48pm
I have both in my possession. Its not even close. The V-Moda's sound like garbage compared to the ATH-M50s. I paid $130 for both of them, and sound quality wise, the M50s make the V-Modas sound like they should cost $70 max.
As for the bass specifically, the V-Modas have a little more, but my more i mean muddy, low quality bass, While the M50s have very satisfying bass. They also have absolutely no sense of sound stage.
Seriously, if its between those two, get the M50s. Its not even a matter of opinion here, its fact. M50s are superior.post #4 of 42/27/11 at 8:54pm
I've owned both but returned the Crossfades. They're(the Crossfades) bassier, but the bass is less defined. It's sloppier and invades the midrange a bit. But there's more of it. The Crossfades are better portable options SQ not considered than the M50s. They're also better looking than the M50s, though as an adult I felt a bit silly wearing them in public. M50 is more versatile and has better overall SQ. Check out Joker's thread - both are reviewed in there: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-69-portable-headphones-reviewed-bowers-wilkins-p5-sony-xb700-added-02-21
- ATH M-50 vs V-Moda Crossfade LP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 55 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)