Which has the overall best quality and sound, however, bass is very important as is distortion at high volumes. I would be running these through a home audio receiver. PLEASE post, I'm dead-locked between these two!
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/18/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/18/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/18/11
- productV-MODA XFLPR-ROUGE Crossfade LP Overear Headphones (Rouge)tagged by System, 2/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Quick question... V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- is V-moda Crossfade LP good? Last post on 3/2/12 at 10:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB700 or V-MODA Crossfade LP Last post on 9/2/11 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Krk 6400's or ATH-M50's Last post on 2/7/12 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
ATH M-50 vs V-Moda Crossfade LPpost #1 of 42/17/11 at 10:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 42/17/11 at 10:50pmpost #3 of 42/27/11 at 7:48pm
I have both in my possession. Its not even close. The V-Moda's sound like garbage compared to the ATH-M50s. I paid $130 for both of them, and sound quality wise, the M50s make the V-Modas sound like they should cost $70 max.
As for the bass specifically, the V-Modas have a little more, but my more i mean muddy, low quality bass, While the M50s have very satisfying bass. They also have absolutely no sense of sound stage.
Seriously, if its between those two, get the M50s. Its not even a matter of opinion here, its fact. M50s are superior.post #4 of 42/27/11 at 8:54pm
I've owned both but returned the Crossfades. They're(the Crossfades) bassier, but the bass is less defined. It's sloppier and invades the midrange a bit. But there's more of it. The Crossfades are better portable options SQ not considered than the M50s. They're also better looking than the M50s, though as an adult I felt a bit silly wearing them in public. M50 is more versatile and has better overall SQ. Check out Joker's thread - both are reviewed in there: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-69-portable-headphones-reviewed-bowers-wilkins-p5-sony-xb700-added-02-21
- ATH M-50 vs V-Moda Crossfade LP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 37 seconds ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 46 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 57 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › first audiophile headphones ~520 USD 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 with Canare cable From Venus Audio 4 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)