Which has the overall best quality and sound, however, bass is very important as is distortion at high volumes. I would be running these through a home audio receiver. PLEASE post, I'm dead-locked between these two!
Related Forum Threads
- Quick question... V-Moda Cross LP for $100 or Audio-Technica ATH-M50 fro $160? Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V-moda Crossfade LP Last post on 9/17/11 at 3:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- is V-moda Crossfade LP good? Last post on 3/2/12 at 10:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB700 or V-MODA Crossfade LP Last post on 9/2/11 at 9:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Krk 6400's or ATH-M50's Last post on 2/7/12 at 11:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
ATH M-50 vs V-Moda Crossfade LPpost #1 of 42/17/11 at 10:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 42/17/11 at 10:50pmpost #3 of 42/27/11 at 7:48pm
I have both in my possession. Its not even close. The V-Moda's sound like garbage compared to the ATH-M50s. I paid $130 for both of them, and sound quality wise, the M50s make the V-Modas sound like they should cost $70 max.
As for the bass specifically, the V-Modas have a little more, but my more i mean muddy, low quality bass, While the M50s have very satisfying bass. They also have absolutely no sense of sound stage.
Seriously, if its between those two, get the M50s. Its not even a matter of opinion here, its fact. M50s are superior.post #4 of 42/27/11 at 8:54pm
I've owned both but returned the Crossfades. They're(the Crossfades) bassier, but the bass is less defined. It's sloppier and invades the midrange a bit. But there's more of it. The Crossfades are better portable options SQ not considered than the M50s. They're also better looking than the M50s, though as an adult I felt a bit silly wearing them in public. M50 is more versatile and has better overall SQ. Check out Joker's thread - both are reviewed in there: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/433318/shootout-69-portable-headphones-reviewed-bowers-wilkins-p5-sony-xb700-added-02-21
- ATH M-50 vs V-Moda Crossfade LP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 59 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 6 minutes ago
- › very odd speaker & headdphone damage question. 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...