Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats - Page 282  

post #4216 of 5508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post


You don't find it so?

 

I found that their design and look, is appealing, forget all the hype, forget all the SQ and price - just think of the design, features like the daisy chain cable, and the foldable ear pads

 

 

d16aa260_monster-beats-by-dr-dre-solo-headphones-broken_260741097030.jpg

 

Quality design

post #4217 of 5508

I think design and build quality are two different aspects. I'm sure Totally Dubbed means he likes the actual look of the headphones, not the build quality~

post #4218 of 5508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagelou View Post

I think design and build quality are two different aspects. I'm sure Totally Dubbed means he likes the actual look of the headphones, not the build quality~


That's fair then. When I think design, I think both.

post #4219 of 5508

Amigo, build quality and design are two entirely different things ;)

 

-> thus why in my earphone comparison I have them separated :D

 

EDIT:
What he said ^^

post #4220 of 5508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagelou View Post

I think design and build quality are two different aspects. I'm sure Totally Dubbed means he likes the actual look of the headphones, not the build quality~



That is a little subjective since designing the headphones with more fragile plastic than lets say metal to give the look might directly cause the build quality to deteriorate, but then again that is not always the case

 

 Anyway, in terms of looks i feel that the beats look modern, but nothing stunning. I actually rather stare at something more woody like the LCD-2, which i feel looks much classier and more beautiful. Futuristic wise, most Cans from the electrostatic department would blow these out of the water


Edited by Leynar - 1/27/12 at 11:46am
post #4221 of 5508
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderTJ View Post


So you're saying that if I changed the drivers,and therefore, the sound signature, that they would not hear a difference?
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk


The average listener would probably say they sounded worse (keyword average person who buys beats/bose)

post #4222 of 5508

I can understand paying up for design, but this is a massively marketed product and the design is far from ground breaking. I think they have a very "clean" looking design and generally look nice. They did an exceptional job of implementing brand image in their designs. For their price, I don't think you're getting something that is worth that much aesthetically. I know it's subjective, but I think there are a many headphones that look better and for the price range of the Beats, I know a cooler aesthetic design could be found. If aesthetics were more important to the overall design of the product, they could have done more with it, in my opinion. What bothers me about Beats is not the sound quality or the fact that they might be a more aesthetically oriented headphone, it's the fact that you're paying more for marketing and the recognition of wearing the "cool" product. They're starting to slap the Beats brand name on anything and everything. It wouldn't surprise me to find CD's "with Beats audio" in the near future. (I REALLY hope they aren't reading this... they'd take that idea seriously).

post #4223 of 5508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post


You don't find it so?

 

I found that their design and look, is appealing, forget all the hype, forget all the SQ and price - just think of the design, features like the daisy chain cable, and the foldable ear pads

 

 



I think in terms of design, they don't really look that good. The Pro may look good, but the Solo and the Studio don't to me. I find Audio Technica and Pioneer generally have better looking headphones at the low end.

 

The cable does look and feel good, though, I'll admit.

post #4224 of 5508

I really can't fall for their design. It looks like you have a plastic band on your head, and in reality you have little more. It's basically the idea behind the iPod: people have short attention span. Let's give them a white thingy with as little buttons as possible, so that way they don't get headaches from looking at it. And it works! The mass majority likes things as clean as possible. Look at everything Apple put out in the last 10 years and their rise to becoming the most valuable brand on the panet [citation needed].

post #4225 of 5508
I'm guessing you're talking about those HP laptops with "Beats audio" too. What's up with those?
post #4226 of 5508
Quote:
Originally Posted by oTTwTTo View Post

I'm guessing you're talking about those HP laptops with "Beats audio" too. What's up with those?


I think those are funny. Monster markets the Beats as not needing an amp and then gets HP to market the computer with special soundcard.

 

post #4227 of 5508

Well about the design - I'm saying its very popular for your AVERAGE person

 

Personally, I bloody love my D2000's, XB500/700 look

 

I find it much more professional so to speak, and much techy esk.

 

I am very much into tech, so having for example a phone that's transparent isn't something special to me - but having a phone that's transparent for a reason, now that's cool - if you see what I'm trying to say here

post #4228 of 5508
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 View Post

I really can't fall for their design. It looks like you have a plastic band on your head, and in reality you have little more. It's basically the idea behind the iPod: people have short attention span. Let's give them a white thingy with as little buttons as possible, so that way they don't get headaches from looking at it. And it works! The mass majority likes things as clean as possible. Look at everything Apple put out in the last 10 years and their rise to becoming the most valuable brand on the panet [citation needed].



That's actually very true, when people say they like the iphone over the andorid phones they say its because of a simple "design".

 

Back on topic, do you think people will still beat beats now that monster won't manufacture them (or will they just not be made anymore :D)

post #4229 of 5508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posam View Post



That's actually very true, when people say they like the iphone over the andorid phones they say its because of a simple "design".

 

Back on topic, do you think people will still beat beats now that monster won't manufacture them (or will they just not be made anymore :D)

 

hm, well if they cease to exist, I think the bashing will be significantly lower than when they were in the market. I'm sure there will be people who say "Why did they stop making the bestest headphones ever!? I mean, nothing can top the Beats!", but the trend will probably move onto something new~

 

 

post #4230 of 5508

Who said Monster was going to stop making Beats? I thought they'd just drop the Dr. Dre name

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats