Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 19

post #271 of 1355

you mean the B2 have 'wax cleaning' problems ??? that might make me cancel my order!

post #272 of 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

you mean the B2 have 'wax cleaning' problems ??? that might make me cancel my order!


Not at all. I'm asking a question. Until it's answered, don't go assuming that it's true.
post #273 of 1355

They are not any more susceptible to wax than say Klipsch or Ety IEMs.  Probably less so for most people.  My ears are fairly clean so no trouble for me.  I have no idea how or if people w/ tons of wax use deeper phones like Ety's or Klipsch's so I can't comment.

post #274 of 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

They are not any more susceptible to wax than say Klipsch or Ety IEMs.  Probably less so for most people.  My ears are fairly clean so no trouble for me.  I have no idea how or if people w/ tons of wax use deeper phones like Ety's or Klipsch's so I can't comment.


I don't know enough about either of those IEMs to follow the comparison. Does the B2 nozzle have a mesh at the end, or is it recessed (or absent entirely)?

Thanks!
post #275 of 1355


No filter on the end.  Recessed.  I believe that was a change done in the DBA v.1 to v.2 to either improve sound or deal w/ another issue.  I forget which.

 

 

post #276 of 1355

Thanks to HF, I've learned more about people's earwax/cleaning habits than I've ever cared to know.

 

ph34r.gif

post #277 of 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post


No filter on the end.  Recessed.  I believe that was a change done in the DBA v.1 to v.2 to either improve sound or deal w/ another issue.  I forget which.

 

 


Thanks!
post #278 of 1355

can the comply Tx series help with any wax problem? or any other tips??

post #279 of 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

can the comply Tx series help with any wax problem? or any other tips??


Whether it's a problem depends on your ears. smily_headphones1.gif

The Tx series, from my experience, reduces treble a bit. If the shipping B2 continues to be a bit hot in the treble, the Tx Complys might actually serve dual purpose. If the B2's highs end up being that of the DBA-02, well, I guess it depends on the listener as to whether such a change would be good or not.
post #280 of 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBaconGod View Post


Whether it's a problem depends on your ears. smily_headphones1.gif

The Tx series, from my experience, reduces treble a bit. If the shipping B2 continues to be a bit hot in the treble, the Tx Complys might actually serve dual purpose. If the B2's highs end up being that of the DBA-02, well, I guess it depends on the listener as to whether such a change would be good or not.


I agree. I used the 'untrimmed' comply T-100 to slightly reduce the highs. It worked fairly well. The 'trimmed' P-series was a tiny bit too bright. The Tx (if it cuts the highs slightly... I've never used them) might also assist.

This is assuming the highs remain as they were in the review models. If the production models are more similar to the DBA's then I'll just use the trimmed P-series.

 

I have no ear wax issues, so that's never been a factor for me. I've never had to clean or protect the nozzle of any of my IEM's.
 

 

post #281 of 1355

i did have that issues with the regular common traditional and cheap silicone tips that come with those like senns cx series. after a short use the tips got wax inside and sometimes even reached the nozzle itself. so that worries me a bit if i would experience the same with the B2/DBA-02

post #282 of 1355

As usual, sir joker did a good job in his review for Brainwavz B2. I'd like to ask a noob question here, sir. Do B2 and Sunrise Xcape IE are in the same league? Which is better in terms of SQ. If only I can afford to buy them both, I will but im on a tight budget so I can pick only one. Thanks and more power!!!


Edited by airomjosh - 5/29/11 at 12:07am
post #283 of 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

i did have that issues with the regular common traditional and cheap silicone tips that come with those like senns cx series. after a short use the tips got wax inside and sometimes even reached the nozzle itself. so that worries me a bit if i would experience the same with the B2/DBA-02


I had a similar issue with the sennheiser eartips, after a week or so, they would frequently become dislodged from the earpieces

post #284 of 1355

i wonder... is there any iem that doesnt have that problem?

post #285 of 1355
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

i wonder... is there any iem that doesnt have that problem?



is their any headphone without a problem... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread