you mean the B2 have 'wax cleaning' problems ??? that might make me cancel my order!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 4/30/14 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 13555/27/11 at 8:44amQuote:
Not at all. I'm asking a question. Until it's answered, don't go assuming that it's true.post #273 of 13555/27/11 at 11:39am
They are not any more susceptible to wax than say Klipsch or Ety IEMs. Probably less so for most people. My ears are fairly clean so no trouble for me. I have no idea how or if people w/ tons of wax use deeper phones like Ety's or Klipsch's so I can't comment.post #274 of 13555/27/11 at 12:29pmQuote:
I don't know enough about either of those IEMs to follow the comparison. Does the B2 nozzle have a mesh at the end, or is it recessed (or absent entirely)?
Thanks!post #275 of 13555/27/11 at 12:55pmpost #276 of 13555/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #277 of 13555/27/11 at 2:12pmQuote:
Thanks!post #278 of 13555/28/11 at 11:33ampost #279 of 13555/28/11 at 11:50amQuote:
Whether it's a problem depends on your ears.
The Tx series, from my experience, reduces treble a bit. If the shipping B2 continues to be a bit hot in the treble, the Tx Complys might actually serve dual purpose. If the B2's highs end up being that of the DBA-02, well, I guess it depends on the listener as to whether such a change would be good or not.post #280 of 13555/28/11 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by AngryBaconGod
Whether it's a problem depends on your ears.
The Tx series, from my experience, reduces treble a bit. If the shipping B2 continues to be a bit hot in the treble, the Tx Complys might actually serve dual purpose. If the B2's highs end up being that of the DBA-02, well, I guess it depends on the listener as to whether such a change would be good or not.
I agree. I used the 'untrimmed' comply T-100 to slightly reduce the highs. It worked fairly well. The 'trimmed' P-series was a tiny bit too bright. The Tx (if it cuts the highs slightly... I've never used them) might also assist.
This is assuming the highs remain as they were in the review models. If the production models are more similar to the DBA's then I'll just use the trimmed P-series.
I have no ear wax issues, so that's never been a factor for me. I've never had to clean or protect the nozzle of any of my IEM's.
post #281 of 13555/28/11 at 3:53pm
i did have that issues with the regular common traditional and cheap silicone tips that come with those like senns cx series. after a short use the tips got wax inside and sometimes even reached the nozzle itself. so that worries me a bit if i would experience the same with the B2/DBA-02post #282 of 13555/28/11 at 7:56pm
As usual, sir joker did a good job in his review for Brainwavz B2. I'd like to ask a noob question here, sir. Do B2 and Sunrise Xcape IE are in the same league? Which is better in terms of SQ. If only I can afford to buy them both, I will but im on a tight budget so I can pick only one. Thanks and more power!!!
Edited by airomjosh - 5/29/11 at 12:07ampost #283 of 13555/28/11 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by kanuka
i did have that issues with the regular common traditional and cheap silicone tips that come with those like senns cx series. after a short use the tips got wax inside and sometimes even reached the nozzle itself. so that worries me a bit if i would experience the same with the B2/DBA-02
I had a similar issue with the sennheiser eartips, after a week or so, they would frequently become dislodged from the earpiecespost #284 of 13555/28/11 at 10:25pmpost #285 of 13555/28/11 at 10:46pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Band Name Game II 48 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 59 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Trying to find the perfect over-ear headphones to invest in 6 minutes ago
- › Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Out 1000 USB Dac and Headphone Amp 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)