you mean the B2 have 'wax cleaning' problems ??? that might make me cancel my order!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/17/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 8/9/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 6/8/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 19
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 12945/27/11 at 8:44amQuote:
Not at all. I'm asking a question. Until it's answered, don't go assuming that it's true.post #273 of 12945/27/11 at 11:39am
They are not any more susceptible to wax than say Klipsch or Ety IEMs. Probably less so for most people. My ears are fairly clean so no trouble for me. I have no idea how or if people w/ tons of wax use deeper phones like Ety's or Klipsch's so I can't comment.post #274 of 12945/27/11 at 12:29pmQuote:
I don't know enough about either of those IEMs to follow the comparison. Does the B2 nozzle have a mesh at the end, or is it recessed (or absent entirely)?
Thanks!post #275 of 12945/27/11 at 12:55pmpost #276 of 12945/27/11 at 1:50pmpost #277 of 12945/27/11 at 2:12pmQuote:
Thanks!post #278 of 12945/28/11 at 11:33ampost #279 of 12945/28/11 at 11:50amQuote:
Whether it's a problem depends on your ears.
The Tx series, from my experience, reduces treble a bit. If the shipping B2 continues to be a bit hot in the treble, the Tx Complys might actually serve dual purpose. If the B2's highs end up being that of the DBA-02, well, I guess it depends on the listener as to whether such a change would be good or not.post #280 of 12945/28/11 at 3:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by AngryBaconGod
Whether it's a problem depends on your ears.
The Tx series, from my experience, reduces treble a bit. If the shipping B2 continues to be a bit hot in the treble, the Tx Complys might actually serve dual purpose. If the B2's highs end up being that of the DBA-02, well, I guess it depends on the listener as to whether such a change would be good or not.
I agree. I used the 'untrimmed' comply T-100 to slightly reduce the highs. It worked fairly well. The 'trimmed' P-series was a tiny bit too bright. The Tx (if it cuts the highs slightly... I've never used them) might also assist.
This is assuming the highs remain as they were in the review models. If the production models are more similar to the DBA's then I'll just use the trimmed P-series.
I have no ear wax issues, so that's never been a factor for me. I've never had to clean or protect the nozzle of any of my IEM's.
post #281 of 12945/28/11 at 3:53pm
i did have that issues with the regular common traditional and cheap silicone tips that come with those like senns cx series. after a short use the tips got wax inside and sometimes even reached the nozzle itself. so that worries me a bit if i would experience the same with the B2/DBA-02post #282 of 12945/28/11 at 7:56pm
As usual, sir joker did a good job in his review for Brainwavz B2. I'd like to ask a noob question here, sir. Do B2 and Sunrise Xcape IE are in the same league? Which is better in terms of SQ. If only I can afford to buy them both, I will but im on a tight budget so I can pick only one. Thanks and more power!!!
Edited by airomjosh - 5/29/11 at 12:07ampost #283 of 12945/28/11 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by kanuka
i did have that issues with the regular common traditional and cheap silicone tips that come with those like senns cx series. after a short use the tips got wax inside and sometimes even reached the nozzle itself. so that worries me a bit if i would experience the same with the B2/DBA-02
I had a similar issue with the sennheiser eartips, after a week or so, they would frequently become dislodged from the earpiecespost #284 of 12945/28/11 at 10:25pmpost #285 of 12945/28/11 at 10:46pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Heir Audio 5.0 Impressions/Comparison/Review Thread 16 seconds ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 41 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Which device can block noisy human voice, bird singing,... 1 minute ago
- › Next headphone for me to get? 1 minute ago
- › Do you take good headphones with you when you go out? 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi