Went and preordered a pair, your review tipped my scales.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 4/30/14 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 13554/27/11 at 5:25am
Pictures of the Black/red scheme on the final production units now up: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/551434/brainwavz-b2-pictures-delicious-in-red
post #198 of 13554/27/11 at 11:01ampost #199 of 13554/27/11 at 11:46am
i quoted a person who said that the B2 are 10$ more expensive than the DBA2. i replied to him that mp4nation offers free shipping, the B2 comes with comply tips and hard case. Also mp4nation ordered this with their own color ( red) instead of DBA2's blue color. I guess that since the first testing units of the B2 were also blue, it makes me think that blue color is the generic color the factory makes. the transition from generic blue to red might rised the price also.
All in all i was trying to support B2 to the person who flamed for the extra 10$ they cost over the DBA2 and he didnt pause to think that the B2's package is fuller.
I hope you understand what i am trying to say.
Edited by Angelopsaro - 4/27/11 at 11:48ampost #200 of 13554/27/11 at 4:54pmpost #201 of 13554/28/11 at 3:52am
:) I hope others like how it looks, as i said in another thread, i really can't wait for all of you who have ordered to get one of these in their hands just to see what i am seeing how nice they are, the combo of the red comply tips is the icing on this sweet cake.post #202 of 13554/28/11 at 3:57ampost #203 of 13554/28/11 at 9:43amDoes anyone know it these things have a chin slider? I simply refuse to buy headphones without one now. I always wear headphones over the ear and I'm not a fan of ear guides.post #204 of 13554/28/11 at 11:22amQuote:
Yeah, red and black would have matched the earpieces nicely, but I don't think they look all that cheap in person. Maybe a little 'bold', but not cheap... to me.
@ dbdynsty25... As for the slider, my DBA-02's have one, and the B2 will have the same cable as those, so most likely... yes. That said, the DBA-02's slider is virtually useless. If it's the same, don't expect much.
post #205 of 13554/28/11 at 12:55pmQuote:
Thanks for the reply...what do you mean useless tho? As long as I can slide it up to hold the cables around my ears, that's all I need. Doesn't need to be tight or anything.post #206 of 13554/28/11 at 12:59pm
The DBA chin slider embodies Newton's third law of motion. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. It goes up, but then it comes down. Gravity is not your friend.post #207 of 13554/28/11 at 1:03pmpost #208 of 13554/28/11 at 2:17pm
Yup. That's what I mean. Pretty useless.
I've yet to find a fault with my Westone's cable or slider. It stays where it's put, and the 'V' is not half a meter long.
My UE Custom slider is as tight as Comply's on the DBA's. You need a needlenose (or jackhammer to move it).
Funny how it's the little things...
cheerspost #209 of 13554/28/11 at 3:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Looking for a new Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Classic Color 2014 Edition: Unboxing and first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › suitable car amp to work with x3 + 2 8's 6 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for: Closed Headphones (~$400) 6 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 6 minutes ago
- › What is an Audiophile, and what make headphones great? 6 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)