Went and preordered a pair, your review tipped my scales.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/17/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 8/9/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 6/8/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 12944/27/11 at 5:25am
Pictures of the Black/red scheme on the final production units now up: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/551434/brainwavz-b2-pictures-delicious-in-red
post #198 of 12944/27/11 at 11:01ampost #199 of 12944/27/11 at 11:46am
i quoted a person who said that the B2 are 10$ more expensive than the DBA2. i replied to him that mp4nation offers free shipping, the B2 comes with comply tips and hard case. Also mp4nation ordered this with their own color ( red) instead of DBA2's blue color. I guess that since the first testing units of the B2 were also blue, it makes me think that blue color is the generic color the factory makes. the transition from generic blue to red might rised the price also.
All in all i was trying to support B2 to the person who flamed for the extra 10$ they cost over the DBA2 and he didnt pause to think that the B2's package is fuller.
I hope you understand what i am trying to say.
Edited by Angelopsaro - 4/27/11 at 11:48ampost #200 of 12944/27/11 at 4:54pmpost #201 of 12944/28/11 at 3:52am
:) I hope others like how it looks, as i said in another thread, i really can't wait for all of you who have ordered to get one of these in their hands just to see what i am seeing how nice they are, the combo of the red comply tips is the icing on this sweet cake.post #202 of 12944/28/11 at 3:57ampost #203 of 12944/28/11 at 9:43amDoes anyone know it these things have a chin slider? I simply refuse to buy headphones without one now. I always wear headphones over the ear and I'm not a fan of ear guides.post #204 of 12944/28/11 at 11:22amQuote:
Yeah, red and black would have matched the earpieces nicely, but I don't think they look all that cheap in person. Maybe a little 'bold', but not cheap... to me.
@ dbdynsty25... As for the slider, my DBA-02's have one, and the B2 will have the same cable as those, so most likely... yes. That said, the DBA-02's slider is virtually useless. If it's the same, don't expect much.
post #205 of 12944/28/11 at 12:55pmQuote:
Thanks for the reply...what do you mean useless tho? As long as I can slide it up to hold the cables around my ears, that's all I need. Doesn't need to be tight or anything.post #206 of 12944/28/11 at 12:59pm
The DBA chin slider embodies Newton's third law of motion. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. It goes up, but then it comes down. Gravity is not your friend.post #207 of 12944/28/11 at 1:03pmpost #208 of 12944/28/11 at 2:17pm
Yup. That's what I mean. Pretty useless.
I've yet to find a fault with my Westone's cable or slider. It stays where it's put, and the 'V' is not half a meter long.
My UE Custom slider is as tight as Comply's on the DBA's. You need a needlenose (or jackhammer to move it).
Funny how it's the little things...
cheerspost #209 of 12944/28/11 at 3:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 24 seconds ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 3 minutes ago
- › portable closed headphone (good isolation & no leakage) for use... 4 minutes ago
- › [Impression] Apple Nano 7G + Lightning-to-30pin adapter 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012) 5 minutes ago
- › Wearing IEMs in your nose? 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi