How are these compared to, say, an ER4? They seem to have a similar sound signature.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 8/9/13 at 1:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 2post #16 of 13452/18/11 at 6:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 13452/18/11 at 6:23pmQuote:
Can't speak to the B2 but if they are like the DBA I would say similar but different. They both have similar strengths but go about it in different ways. To me the ER4 takes the form of an audio tool used to analyze recordings. The DBA takes the form of more natural musical engagement in how it implements its technical abilities.post #18 of 13452/18/11 at 9:15pmQuote:
Most likely ones without the filter, not all Comply models are available for OEM. I will try to get them in red as they would match the final color scheme and would work well with how in the presentation of the final packaging.Quote:
We have a pricing in mind, but i won't announce just yet, but like all our Brainwavz products i know buyers will be left with a feeling that they have a product that is worth much more than they actually paid :)post #19 of 13452/18/11 at 9:25pm
I remember someone stating that the W2 uses the Knowles used in the ER4 but adds another BA for it's lower regions.post #20 of 13452/18/11 at 9:29pm
Quote:Originally Posted by razzer001
Most likely ones without the filter, not all Comply models are available for OEM. I will try to get them in red as they would match the final color scheme and would work well with how in the presentation of the final packaging.
We have a pricing in mind, but i won't announce just yet, but like all our Brainwavz products i know buyers will be left with a feeling that they have a product that is worth much more than they actually paid :)
I had a feeling they would be red .
Unless they aren't. In which case, I'll still be looking forward to the pricing.post #21 of 13452/18/11 at 9:46pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
Nice. If I had my DBA's I would have sent them on over to ya. Your comments on bass sound right inline w/ the DBA's how I hear them. Definitely some similarities in the mid forwardness and some aggression to the overall signature. Which did you find to be more sibilant and harsher in the treble for you, B2 or CK10?
The CK10 is quite flat to my ears until above 8k which is out of the conventional 'sibilance' range for the most part. Therefore I've never had a sibilance problem with them whereas the B2 can be mildly sibilant when a track hits one of the treble peaks just right.
Quote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
Can't speak to the B2 but if they are like the DBA I would say similar but different. They both have similar strengths but go about it in different ways. To me the ER4 takes the form of an audio tool used to analyze recordings. The DBA takes the form of more natural musical engagement in how it implements its technical abilities.
Yes, I think this is true of the B2 as well - it can make a monitoring tool but it doesn't necessarily strive to be one.post #22 of 13452/19/11 at 5:56ampost #23 of 13452/19/11 at 8:01am
Raz, are these finished or is possible that they may get a tweak before production based on comments. Sounds like they're plenty good but even things like a different wax screen or cable can be influencial on something this informative. I wonder if the silver plated cable that you use will get smoother sounding over time.post #24 of 13452/19/11 at 8:11am
I'm a bit curious but are you planning on using this thread as an impressions thread for this earphone when other reviewers get the chance to hear this earphone from the loaner program? The treble peak of the B2 does worry me based on what you said about them compared to the CK10 however.post #25 of 13452/19/11 at 6:10pmThread StarterQuote:
I scored them a 9.5 but I will be moving to a decimal rating system pretty soon which will give me a little more freedom.Quote:Originally Posted by rawrster
I'm a bit curious but are you planning on using this thread as an impressions thread for this earphone when other reviewers get the chance to hear this earphone from the loaner program? The treble peak of the B2 does worry me based on what you said about them compared to the CK10 however.
Yes, I will change the thread title to something a bit more suitable and keep track of the impressions in the OP.post #26 of 13452/19/11 at 6:20pmpost #27 of 13452/19/11 at 6:43pmpost #28 of 13452/19/11 at 8:15pmpost #29 of 13452/20/11 at 5:08amQuote:
I'm listening to the Brainwavz B2 now as part of the MP4nation loaner program - they came in yesterday. The funny thing is that I just thought that these most sound like the ER4P's I briefly owned - with no filters. Without filters, those ER4P's had a habit of getting harsh in the higher frequencies. Similarly, when these hit the region of the treble spike - it can be disarming at best. The extension is good - not as extended as the ER4's though. Besides that - these have more bass quantity and feel more balanced/well rounded.
I've been playing with accessories to see how they'd sound best. Controversial as it might be with multiple armatures, it seems to me that I get the best sound using a 75ohm impedance adapter and sony hybrid tips. It seems like the harshness is reduced at the top - or else my ears have just gotten used to it. Before I finish auditioning these, I'm going to do some back to back comparisons with and without the impedance adapter.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Reterminate 6.3mm to 4 pin XLR 6 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 50 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 57 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 1 minute ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude