How are these compared to, say, an ER4? They seem to have a similar sound signature.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 4/30/14 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 2post #16 of 13772/18/11 at 6:15pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 13772/18/11 at 6:23pmQuote:
Can't speak to the B2 but if they are like the DBA I would say similar but different. They both have similar strengths but go about it in different ways. To me the ER4 takes the form of an audio tool used to analyze recordings. The DBA takes the form of more natural musical engagement in how it implements its technical abilities.post #18 of 13772/18/11 at 9:15pmQuote:
Most likely ones without the filter, not all Comply models are available for OEM. I will try to get them in red as they would match the final color scheme and would work well with how in the presentation of the final packaging.Quote:
We have a pricing in mind, but i won't announce just yet, but like all our Brainwavz products i know buyers will be left with a feeling that they have a product that is worth much more than they actually paid :)post #19 of 13772/18/11 at 9:25pm
I remember someone stating that the W2 uses the Knowles used in the ER4 but adds another BA for it's lower regions.post #20 of 13772/18/11 at 9:29pm
Quote:Originally Posted by razzer001
Most likely ones without the filter, not all Comply models are available for OEM. I will try to get them in red as they would match the final color scheme and would work well with how in the presentation of the final packaging.
We have a pricing in mind, but i won't announce just yet, but like all our Brainwavz products i know buyers will be left with a feeling that they have a product that is worth much more than they actually paid :)
I had a feeling they would be red .
Unless they aren't. In which case, I'll still be looking forward to the pricing.post #21 of 13772/18/11 at 9:46pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
Nice. If I had my DBA's I would have sent them on over to ya. Your comments on bass sound right inline w/ the DBA's how I hear them. Definitely some similarities in the mid forwardness and some aggression to the overall signature. Which did you find to be more sibilant and harsher in the treble for you, B2 or CK10?
The CK10 is quite flat to my ears until above 8k which is out of the conventional 'sibilance' range for the most part. Therefore I've never had a sibilance problem with them whereas the B2 can be mildly sibilant when a track hits one of the treble peaks just right.
Quote:Originally Posted by Anaxilus
Can't speak to the B2 but if they are like the DBA I would say similar but different. They both have similar strengths but go about it in different ways. To me the ER4 takes the form of an audio tool used to analyze recordings. The DBA takes the form of more natural musical engagement in how it implements its technical abilities.
Yes, I think this is true of the B2 as well - it can make a monitoring tool but it doesn't necessarily strive to be one.post #22 of 13772/19/11 at 5:56ampost #23 of 13772/19/11 at 8:01am
Raz, are these finished or is possible that they may get a tweak before production based on comments. Sounds like they're plenty good but even things like a different wax screen or cable can be influencial on something this informative. I wonder if the silver plated cable that you use will get smoother sounding over time.post #24 of 13772/19/11 at 8:11am
I'm a bit curious but are you planning on using this thread as an impressions thread for this earphone when other reviewers get the chance to hear this earphone from the loaner program? The treble peak of the B2 does worry me based on what you said about them compared to the CK10 however.post #25 of 13772/19/11 at 6:10pmThread StarterQuote:
I scored them a 9.5 but I will be moving to a decimal rating system pretty soon which will give me a little more freedom.Quote:Originally Posted by rawrster
I'm a bit curious but are you planning on using this thread as an impressions thread for this earphone when other reviewers get the chance to hear this earphone from the loaner program? The treble peak of the B2 does worry me based on what you said about them compared to the CK10 however.
Yes, I will change the thread title to something a bit more suitable and keep track of the impressions in the OP.post #26 of 13772/19/11 at 6:20pmpost #27 of 13772/19/11 at 6:43pmpost #28 of 13772/19/11 at 8:15pmpost #29 of 13772/20/11 at 5:08amQuote:
I'm listening to the Brainwavz B2 now as part of the MP4nation loaner program - they came in yesterday. The funny thing is that I just thought that these most sound like the ER4P's I briefly owned - with no filters. Without filters, those ER4P's had a habit of getting harsh in the higher frequencies. Similarly, when these hit the region of the treble spike - it can be disarming at best. The extension is good - not as extended as the ER4's though. Besides that - these have more bass quantity and feel more balanced/well rounded.
I've been playing with accessories to see how they'd sound best. Controversial as it might be with multiple armatures, it seems to me that I get the best sound using a 75ohm impedance adapter and sony hybrid tips. It seems like the harshness is reduced at the top - or else my ears have just gotten used to it. Before I finish auditioning these, I'm going to do some back to back comparisons with and without the impedance adapter.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › DDC - Digital USB interfaces - Xmos or Amanero Combo384 based -... 30 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › My AKG comparison K7XX, K712, 65th Annies and the rest! to stop... 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VI 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Annoying hiss through 3.5mm jack 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 6 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear