Thanks, will check them. I still prefer bi / tri-flanges, wanted to order Etymotic tri-flange but Comply are doing good jobs with reducing harshness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 4/30/14 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 90
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 13771/16/14 at 12:28am
Which full-size headphones sharing the traits of B2 would you recommend if I really like B2?
Bright, energetic, somewhat aggressive, with amazing clarity, beautiful mids and enough bass for non-bassheads?post #1338 of 13771/16/14 at 7:26amQuote:
what's your budget? you want a 'closed' or 'open' back?post #1339 of 13771/17/14 at 12:10am
Budget is under $350, don't care very much for closed vs open.
From what I heard, open headphones offer wider soundstage and brighter sound, so, in theory, open ones should be closer to B2.
But if there are some closed alternatives, let me know!post #1340 of 13771/17/14 at 12:58amQuote:
On a side note.......pls remember open HPs best for indoors.
AKG has a closed HP model that offers same sound signature as open. Model 550. But pls make a research for urself before you opt and wait for some more to pour.post #1341 of 13771/17/14 at 7:41ampost #1342 of 13771/17/14 at 9:37amQuote:
I would say ATH-AD900X, although it's not as analytical, but it is as detailed and has wider soundstage.post #1343 of 13771/17/14 at 11:17amQuote:
AD900X in fact is #1 candidate in my list.
Considering I will use it for gaming as well, I guess it fits my needs.
Thank you!post #1344 of 13771/17/14 at 6:28pmQuote:
So whats your rig? Is this gonna be your first upgrade over IEM/ first full size HP purchase?post #1345 of 13771/19/14 at 10:27amlistening to portishead's dummy and actually really pleased with the bass from the b2s, seems to hit just right and it's detailed and goes pretty low. guess good production can make a difference in that regard.post #1346 of 13773/16/14 at 8:06am
Looks like my B2 (8 months old) kicked the bucket. During my recent flight the right channel lost its power. It looks that it happened after they were thrown off into a cup with some coffee at the bottom. Tried to dry, still no luck.
Looking for a replacement. Maybe, Fischer Audio DBA-02 MKII.post #1347 of 13773/18/14 at 3:49ampost #1348 of 13773/18/14 at 4:05amQuote:
Pic @ the top R corner of the page under 'Recent images in this thread' should give you a good idea of 'typical' fit (assuming you'll be wearing cable 'over ear')post #1349 of 13773/18/14 at 4:13amQuote:
So I guess I will probably have issues with the B2 thenpost #1350 of 13773/18/14 at 4:45am
The earpieces are quite small, and the angle of the nozzles means you can get them seriously deep. Plenty of people seem to have fit issues with them, I must admit it took me a few months of fiddling around with them to get it just right, but I was happy when I did; the way I wore them probably wouldn't be for everyone though given I wore them so deep the earpieces were rather tight (by most people's standards) up against the lower part of the concha in my case (that would cause irritation for some people, no doubt).
Sounds like you might have problems with them though (based on that one sentence), so perhaps you might want to look at something else unless you'd be happy to resell at a loss if they didn't work out.
Edited by MistahBungle - 3/18/14 at 4:47amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Comparison: Cowon Plenue D Vs Sony NW-A35 1 minute ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear