Thanks, will check them. I still prefer bi / tri-flanges, wanted to order Etymotic tri-flange but Comply are doing good jobs with reducing harshness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 4/30/14 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 90
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1337 of 13551/16/14 at 12:28ampost #1338 of 13551/16/14 at 7:26amQuote:
what's your budget? you want a 'closed' or 'open' back?post #1339 of 13551/17/14 at 12:10am
Budget is under $350, don't care very much for closed vs open.
From what I heard, open headphones offer wider soundstage and brighter sound, so, in theory, open ones should be closer to B2.
But if there are some closed alternatives, let me know!post #1340 of 13551/17/14 at 12:58amQuote:
On a side note.......pls remember open HPs best for indoors.
AKG has a closed HP model that offers same sound signature as open. Model 550. But pls make a research for urself before you opt and wait for some more to pour.post #1341 of 13551/17/14 at 7:41ampost #1342 of 13551/17/14 at 9:37amQuote:
I would say ATH-AD900X, although it's not as analytical, but it is as detailed and has wider soundstage.post #1343 of 13551/17/14 at 11:17amQuote:
AD900X in fact is #1 candidate in my list.
Considering I will use it for gaming as well, I guess it fits my needs.
Thank you!post #1344 of 13551/17/14 at 6:28pmQuote:
So whats your rig? Is this gonna be your first upgrade over IEM/ first full size HP purchase?post #1345 of 13551/19/14 at 10:27amlistening to portishead's dummy and actually really pleased with the bass from the b2s, seems to hit just right and it's detailed and goes pretty low. guess good production can make a difference in that regard.post #1346 of 13553/16/14 at 8:06am
Looks like my B2 (8 months old) kicked the bucket. During my recent flight the right channel lost its power. It looks that it happened after they were thrown off into a cup with some coffee at the bottom. Tried to dry, still no luck.
Looking for a replacement. Maybe, Fischer Audio DBA-02 MKII.post #1347 of 13553/18/14 at 3:49ampost #1348 of 13553/18/14 at 4:05amQuote:
Pic @ the top R corner of the page under 'Recent images in this thread' should give you a good idea of 'typical' fit (assuming you'll be wearing cable 'over ear')post #1349 of 13553/18/14 at 4:13amQuote:
So I guess I will probably have issues with the B2 thenpost #1350 of 13553/18/14 at 4:45am
The earpieces are quite small, and the angle of the nozzles means you can get them seriously deep. Plenty of people seem to have fit issues with them, I must admit it took me a few months of fiddling around with them to get it just right, but I was happy when I did; the way I wore them probably wouldn't be for everyone though given I wore them so deep the earpieces were rather tight (by most people's standards) up against the lower part of the concha in my case (that would cause irritation for some people, no doubt).
Sounds like you might have problems with them though (based on that one sentence), so perhaps you might want to look at something else unless you'd be happy to resell at a loss if they didn't work out.
Edited by MistahBungle - 3/18/14 at 4:47amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 second ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 seconds ago
- › LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox) 24 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 59 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › I have $1000 for audio in my new computer build. Is this my best... 2 minutes ago
- › Benefits of better amps and dacs 4 minutes ago
- › Torn between picking Soundmagic E10 or Xiaomi Piston II 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)