Thanks, will check them. I still prefer bi / tri-flanges, wanted to order Etymotic tri-flange but Comply are doing good jobs with reducing harshness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 4/30/14 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 90
Gear mentioned in this thread:
what's your budget? you want a 'closed' or 'open' back?
Budget is under $350, don't care very much for closed vs open.
From what I heard, open headphones offer wider soundstage and brighter sound, so, in theory, open ones should be closer to B2.
But if there are some closed alternatives, let me know!
On a side note.......pls remember open HPs best for indoors.
AKG has a closed HP model that offers same sound signature as open. Model 550. But pls make a research for urself before you opt and wait for some more to pour.
I would say ATH-AD900X, although it's not as analytical, but it is as detailed and has wider soundstage.
AD900X in fact is #1 candidate in my list.
Considering I will use it for gaming as well, I guess it fits my needs.
So whats your rig? Is this gonna be your first upgrade over IEM/ first full size HP purchase?
Looks like my B2 (8 months old) kicked the bucket. During my recent flight the right channel lost its power. It looks that it happened after they were thrown off into a cup with some coffee at the bottom. Tried to dry, still no luck.
Looking for a replacement. Maybe, Fischer Audio DBA-02 MKII.
Pic @ the top R corner of the page under 'Recent images in this thread' should give you a good idea of 'typical' fit (assuming you'll be wearing cable 'over ear')
So I guess I will probably have issues with the B2 then
The earpieces are quite small, and the angle of the nozzles means you can get them seriously deep. Plenty of people seem to have fit issues with them, I must admit it took me a few months of fiddling around with them to get it just right, but I was happy when I did; the way I wore them probably wouldn't be for everyone though given I wore them so deep the earpieces were rather tight (by most people's standards) up against the lower part of the concha in my case (that would cause irritation for some people, no doubt).
Sounds like you might have problems with them though (based on that one sentence), so perhaps you might want to look at something else unless you'd be happy to resell at a loss if they didn't work out.
Edited by MistahBungle - 3/18/14 at 4:47am
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › oppo 103 16 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 37 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 50 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 53 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 1 minute ago
- › Looking for in-ear headphones for 50$ (rock, hip-hop & some... 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3