so my worries were unfounded. thank you for clarification!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 4/30/14 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 85
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lasted for 6-7 months. It's time to get mine replaced.
Does anybody know what's the most economical and less time-consuming way to ship to Hong Kong? These are my only pair of IEMs I use daily and I really need mine back quickly.
I don't think economical and less time consuming coexist...
You can't win 'em all but I guess registered air mail is cheap and ins't that slow. I sent mine in mid Dicember last year and it took like 2 weeks to get to HK.
Picked these up for a mobile solution and something that would agree with my K701 taste, and I'm experiencing the same hiss. It's ridiculously loud when nothing is playing and noticeable during quiet songs, most often with classical. It simply sounds like the noise floor has been raised, like you get when a sound sample is amplified too much.
Source to headphones is:
ESI Juli@ > LittleDot Mk. V > *
The K701s are dead silent, but these have an annoying hiss. Will report with different sources/1/4" adapters.
I was considering it; that since the K701s are open-air cans and I've used nothing but them since late 2008 and put several thousand hours on them, that perhaps I'm just not used to having the ambient sound not being a part of the listening experience.
It makes no difference where the volume knob is at, nor what the levels for the Juli@ are set at in Windows. A different 1/4" adapter doesn't make a difference in sound quality, though the included adapter has a loose fit.
Edited by Jon G. - 7/23/13 at 1:48pm
Some Googling suggests that it might be a low impedance/high sensitivity issue, and adding a extension with a couple resistors inside could fix it.
I've been using them on my HP TC4400 using onboard sound straight from the headphone jack and although it's still there, I have to turn the volume way up, near beyond-comfortable listening levels to hear it. I didn't think that the electric design of the tablet would provide a quieter audio experience, but it did! If only it sounded better...
I purchased a resistance adapter from these guys for $15, and it's a genuine Etymotic ER38-24. It works a charm on these and has made them just as silent as my K701s and more 'refined' for lack of better words, as I haven't had these for a long enough time. I'm sure I'll be able to point out differences as I begin to use these more, and now I'm looking forward to it. No hiss, just bliss!
If anyone else ever experiences background hiss from these and wants to get rid of it, or if you want to give yourself a little more control over the volume, definitely check that adapter out. The added resistance does a lot!
The current one I am using, is a koss pro.
It was sufficient till now (it has bass, but I dont like the mids)
Will there be a great difference between the two using a smartphone like
the samsung galaxy s 2? Thanks in advance, TobbelT
Just picked a pair from the mp4nation "2-day" sale for <$100. I had the Vsonic GR07 so I thought I'd try some armature IEM for a change. Overall sound pretty similar in my opinion. The B2 definitely has more details because it can produce those fast notes individually whereas the GR07 will mash it together once the speed goes up. People say the bass are these are weak but they are alright to me. The attack is very prominent and sounds better than the GR07 but after that it just goes splat. For most music I listen to this is enough bass. The highs like cymbal sound a lot more crisp and detailed. I dono if my tips are worn out on the GR07 or what, but the B2 requires 2 less step on the volume to achieve the same loudness and the B2 seals better so my head is more filled with the music. I do like all the accessory it comes with, and I really like it is worn cord up like my GR07. I think I'll switch them around for daily use as either one sound good to me.
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 5 minutes ago
- › AK 240 Stainless Steel Edition is The Best AK 240 Ever Made like... 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 8 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2