so my worries were unfounded. thank you for clarification!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 4/30/14 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 85
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lasted for 6-7 months. It's time to get mine replaced.
Does anybody know what's the most economical and less time-consuming way to ship to Hong Kong? These are my only pair of IEMs I use daily and I really need mine back quickly.
I don't think economical and less time consuming coexist...
You can't win 'em all but I guess registered air mail is cheap and ins't that slow. I sent mine in mid Dicember last year and it took like 2 weeks to get to HK.
Picked these up for a mobile solution and something that would agree with my K701 taste, and I'm experiencing the same hiss. It's ridiculously loud when nothing is playing and noticeable during quiet songs, most often with classical. It simply sounds like the noise floor has been raised, like you get when a sound sample is amplified too much.
Source to headphones is:
ESI Juli@ > LittleDot Mk. V > *
The K701s are dead silent, but these have an annoying hiss. Will report with different sources/1/4" adapters.
I was considering it; that since the K701s are open-air cans and I've used nothing but them since late 2008 and put several thousand hours on them, that perhaps I'm just not used to having the ambient sound not being a part of the listening experience.
It makes no difference where the volume knob is at, nor what the levels for the Juli@ are set at in Windows. A different 1/4" adapter doesn't make a difference in sound quality, though the included adapter has a loose fit.
Edited by Jon G. - 7/23/13 at 1:48pm
Some Googling suggests that it might be a low impedance/high sensitivity issue, and adding a extension with a couple resistors inside could fix it.
I've been using them on my HP TC4400 using onboard sound straight from the headphone jack and although it's still there, I have to turn the volume way up, near beyond-comfortable listening levels to hear it. I didn't think that the electric design of the tablet would provide a quieter audio experience, but it did! If only it sounded better...
I purchased a resistance adapter from these guys for $15, and it's a genuine Etymotic ER38-24. It works a charm on these and has made them just as silent as my K701s and more 'refined' for lack of better words, as I haven't had these for a long enough time. I'm sure I'll be able to point out differences as I begin to use these more, and now I'm looking forward to it. No hiss, just bliss!
If anyone else ever experiences background hiss from these and wants to get rid of it, or if you want to give yourself a little more control over the volume, definitely check that adapter out. The added resistance does a lot!
The current one I am using, is a koss pro.
It was sufficient till now (it has bass, but I dont like the mids)
Will there be a great difference between the two using a smartphone like
the samsung galaxy s 2? Thanks in advance, TobbelT
Just picked a pair from the mp4nation "2-day" sale for <$100. I had the Vsonic GR07 so I thought I'd try some armature IEM for a change. Overall sound pretty similar in my opinion. The B2 definitely has more details because it can produce those fast notes individually whereas the GR07 will mash it together once the speed goes up. People say the bass are these are weak but they are alright to me. The attack is very prominent and sounds better than the GR07 but after that it just goes splat. For most music I listen to this is enough bass. The highs like cymbal sound a lot more crisp and detailed. I dono if my tips are worn out on the GR07 or what, but the B2 requires 2 less step on the volume to achieve the same loudness and the B2 seals better so my head is more filled with the music. I do like all the accessory it comes with, and I really like it is worn cord up like my GR07. I think I'll switch them around for daily use as either one sound good to me.
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 27 seconds ago
- › Grado Alessandro upgrade 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for COMFY HEADPHONES for PC use. 2 minutes ago
- › SE530/535 Acoustic Filter Mod: More SQ improvement than cables?... 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016) 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...