so my worries were unfounded. thank you for clarification!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/31/11
- brandBrainwavztagged by System, 2/22/11
- productBrainwavz B2 Dual Balanced Armature Earphonestagged by System, 10/16/11
- productBrainwavz M3tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productEtymotic Research HF3tagged by System, 9/27/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/22/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11More
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Brainwavz M3 Review Last post on 4/30/14 at 9:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which one is the best in Brainwavz ? Last post on 12/23/13 at 8:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs like AKG 70x? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for IEMs Last post on 9/16/12 at 4:18am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 85
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1262 of 13557/18/13 at 9:58pmpost #1263 of 13557/19/13 at 3:55ampost #1264 of 13557/19/13 at 8:17pm
Lasted for 6-7 months. It's time to get mine replaced.
Does anybody know what's the most economical and less time-consuming way to ship to Hong Kong? These are my only pair of IEMs I use daily and I really need mine back quickly.post #1265 of 13557/20/13 at 9:29amQuote:
I don't think economical and less time consuming coexist...post #1266 of 13557/20/13 at 1:22pmQuote:
You can't win 'em all but I guess registered air mail is cheap and ins't that slow. I sent mine in mid Dicember last year and it took like 2 weeks to get to HK.post #1267 of 13557/22/13 at 10:34amOnly 6-7 months and they're done? My DBA-02's were going strong for about two years of heavy use until the cable stiffened up enough to crack the insulation. I sent them to BTG Audio who replaced the cables with Westone-type jacks, and I added a Westone EPIC MIC cable, unfortunately no longer made, a year ago. I still use and love them every day. Brian at BTG could make you a cable, or there are other cables available that use that connector.
http://btg-audio.webs.com/mods.htmpost #1268 of 13557/23/13 at 1:13pmQuote:
Picked these up for a mobile solution and something that would agree with my K701 taste, and I'm experiencing the same hiss. It's ridiculously loud when nothing is playing and noticeable during quiet songs, most often with classical. It simply sounds like the noise floor has been raised, like you get when a sound sample is amplified too much.
Source to headphones is:
ESI Juli@ > LittleDot Mk. V > *
The K701s are dead silent, but these have an annoying hiss. Will report with different sources/1/4" adapters.post #1269 of 13557/23/13 at 1:21pmpost #1270 of 13557/23/13 at 1:45pmQuote:
I was considering it; that since the K701s are open-air cans and I've used nothing but them since late 2008 and put several thousand hours on them, that perhaps I'm just not used to having the ambient sound not being a part of the listening experience.
It makes no difference where the volume knob is at, nor what the levels for the Juli@ are set at in Windows. A different 1/4" adapter doesn't make a difference in sound quality, though the included adapter has a loose fit.
Edited by Jon G. - 7/23/13 at 1:48pmpost #1271 of 13557/23/13 at 1:58pmpost #1272 of 13557/24/13 at 11:15am
Some Googling suggests that it might be a low impedance/high sensitivity issue, and adding a extension with a couple resistors inside could fix it.
I've been using them on my HP TC4400 using onboard sound straight from the headphone jack and although it's still there, I have to turn the volume way up, near beyond-comfortable listening levels to hear it. I didn't think that the electric design of the tablet would provide a quieter audio experience, but it did! If only it sounded better...post #1273 of 13558/10/13 at 4:40pm
I purchased a resistance adapter from these guys for $15, and it's a genuine Etymotic ER38-24. It works a charm on these and has made them just as silent as my K701s and more 'refined' for lack of better words, as I haven't had these for a long enough time. I'm sure I'll be able to point out differences as I begin to use these more, and now I'm looking forward to it. No hiss, just bliss!
If anyone else ever experiences background hiss from these and wants to get rid of it, or if you want to give yourself a little more control over the volume, definitely check that adapter out. The added resistance does a lot!post #1274 of 13558/29/13 at 7:08amHello, I am new to hifi (used to buy cheap headphones).
The current one I am using, is a koss pro.
It was sufficient till now (it has bass, but I dont like the mids)
Will there be a great difference between the two using a smartphone like
the samsung galaxy s 2? Thanks in advance, TobbelTpost #1275 of 13558/29/13 at 9:10pm
Just picked a pair from the mp4nation "2-day" sale for <$100. I had the Vsonic GR07 so I thought I'd try some armature IEM for a change. Overall sound pretty similar in my opinion. The B2 definitely has more details because it can produce those fast notes individually whereas the GR07 will mash it together once the speed goes up. People say the bass are these are weak but they are alright to me. The attack is very prominent and sounds better than the GR07 but after that it just goes splat. For most music I listen to this is enough bass. The highs like cymbal sound a lot more crisp and detailed. I dono if my tips are worn out on the GR07 or what, but the B2 requires 2 less step on the volume to achieve the same loudness and the B2 seals better so my head is more filled with the music. I do like all the accessory it comes with, and I really like it is worn cord up like my GR07. I think I'll switch them around for daily use as either one sound good to me.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › stoner acoustic ud110v2 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)