Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread - Page 79

post #1171 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane55 View Post

Well... the sig works for me.

Having had the W4 in my ears (exclusively) since I bought them a couple months ago, I put the DBA-02 in my ears today. Once again the clarity and brilliance that is missing in the W4 came back to where I really like it. Sharp, crisp, and crystal clear.

Don't get me wrong... I think the W4 is a more 'natural' sounding IEM. I think the bass extension and warmth (slight as it may be) have a bit more 'acoustic' quality to them. But they are not without their issues. The W4 have a severe dip in the upper mids, and a roll off of the highs. If these two issues were not present, I'd crown them king of the IEM's I've ever owned. Sure they can be less fatiguing than the DBA-02/ B2 (to some folks), but I've never had an issue with their highs.

 

My point is that some IEM's that cost 3x as much don't have the overall clarity and neutrality that the DBA-02 / B2 have. As fine and smooth and mellow and 'acoustic' as the W4 is, I can't really say they are 'better' than the DBA-02.

The DBA-02 is still my go to IEM. They should be... I own 3 of them.

 

Dear Shane55

 

I had a similar feeling about the W4 since I bought it. What attracted me to it was the "natural" feeling that I had when I listened to them, and I like them a lot, but for sometime now I have been wanting something clearer/brighter I think, if possible with the same level of detail as the W4.

 

After reading some reviews, I was considering either the DBA-02 or the B2, the later would be simpler to find but I'm not entirely sure if they are equivalent.

 

Do you think they would be good for me?

Right now most of my collection is in flac with a bit in MP3, so I shouldn't have too many problems with bad recordings and the like. Also I listen to a variety of music, ranging from classical, barroque, jazz(both instrumental and vocal), rock, metal (progressive, power), j-music ....

post #1172 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelsas View Post

 

Dear Shane55

 

I had a similar feeling about the W4 since I bought it. What attracted me to it was the "natural" feeling that I had when I listened to them, and I like them a lot, but for sometime now I have been wanting something clearer/brighter I think, if possible with the same level of detail as the W4.

 

After reading some reviews, I was considering either the DBA-02 or the B2, the later would be simpler to find but I'm not entirely sure if they are equivalent.

 

Do you think they would be good for me?

Right now most of my collection is in flac with a bit in MP3, so I shouldn't have too many problems with bad recordings and the like. Also I listen to a variety of music, ranging from classical, barroque, jazz(both instrumental and vocal), rock, metal (progressive, power), j-music ....

 

I will to a certain degree back up shane55's experience since I had both the W4 and B2 at the same time and finally ended up keeping the B2 purely based on a value/music preference/personal judgement.

 

The B2 are very similar sounding to the DBA-02. There's also the Rockit R-50 using same driver and they also sound very much like the B2 and DBA-02 so if I was you I would just go for the cheapest price and also choosing the design that you prefer of any of these three. As posted earlier in this thread you can't go much wrong with the B2 etc. 

post #1173 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiterknight View Post

 

I will to a certain degree back up shane55's experience since I had both the W4 and B2 at the same time and finally ended up keeping the B2 purely based on a value/music preference/personal judgement.

 

The B2 are very similar sounding to the DBA-02. There's also the Rockit R-50 using same driver and they also sound very much like the B2 and DBA-02 so if I was you I would just go for the cheapest price and also choosing the design that you prefer of any of these three. As posted earlier in this thread you can't go much wrong with the B2 etc. 

 

The price I've found for the B2 was 140€ shipped by headsound, which is an authorized from Brainwavz and Fischer Audio in europe, but they don't seem to have the DBA-02(neither mk1 or mk2). Would it be an interesting price for it?

 

Also, do you know any authorized resseler from Fischer Audio in France? Would it make too much of a diference between the two, to the point of beeing worth to look for the DBA-02? (I don't mind the looks of the B2, so appearance wouldn't be a problem for me).

post #1174 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelsas View Post

 

The price I've found for the B2 was 140€ shipped by headsound, which is an authorized from Brainwavz and Fischer Audio in europe, but they don't seem to have the DBA-02(neither mk1 or mk2). Would it be an interesting price for it?

 

Also, do you know any authorized resseler from Fischer Audio in France? Would it make too much of a diference between the two, to the point of beeing worth to look for the DBA-02? (I don't mind the looks of the B2, so appearance wouldn't be a problem for me).

 

Why not buy directly form MP4 nation, they ship the b2 to almost everywhere and in some cases with free fedex (really fast), plus they are 160 american dollars and not 140 euros (chepear). If you can choose between the two dba-02 I say that the mk2 look better.

post #1175 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post

 

Why not buy directly form MP4 nation, they ship the b2 to almost everywhere and in some cases with free fedex (really fast), plus they are 160 american dollars and not 140 euros (chepear). If you can choose between the two dba-02 I say that the mk2 look better.

 

I ended up buying the B2 for 114€ from amazon shipped by the MP4nation as you said. I should be getting them this friday.

 

Thanks for the help

post #1176 of 1352

Its amazing how different Jays Foam and Comply Foam sounds on these.

post #1177 of 1352
They don't sell tips separately anymore tho, do they ? Heard a rumour along those lines & haven't been able to find any info on being able to buy them now. I personally find Complys are just fine with these, and it's more the source that determines how they sound I.E through a ****ty smartphone (Galaxy S2, even FLAC's are average) they sound ordinary, but through a Cowon they sound seriously good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkoudai View Post

Its amazing how different Jays Foam and Comply Foam sounds on these.

post #1178 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post

They don't sell tips separately anymore tho, do they ? Heard a rumour along those lines & haven't been able to find any info on being able to buy them now.I personally find Complys are just fine with these, and it's more the source that determines how they sound I.E through a ****ty smartphone (Galaxy S2, even FLAC's are average) they sound ordinary, but through a Cowon they sound seriously good.

 

They are still available in South Korea through Zound.co.kr

 

around 16 bucks for 8 pairs.

 

way, way better than Comply for the B2s, to achieve same treble with Comply. I need to put the treble on +2 on my J3 but it loses the transparency.

 

Maybe if anyone want them, i can send it to people without any profit.

post #1179 of 1352

i got a greenhouse gh-erc-dms .. which apparently is a B2 clone from a japanese accessory company retailing for 160 usd

 

atleast the seller said it sounded the same.. he owned both.

 

i got it second hand for 90 dollars, however it had a faulty left driver.. so i got a new pair for 90 dollars and extra 10 dollars for shipping to japan for warranty (1 year - japan only)

 

which i believe for the sound they give is a hell of a deal .. they have superb high fidelity ... very great and revealing 

post #1180 of 1352
Thanks for the tip man, I'll check that website out ;-)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkoudai View Post

They are still available in South Korea through Zound.co.kr

 

around 16 bucks for 8 pairs.

 

way, way better than Comply for the B2s, to achieve same treble with Comply. I need to put the treble on +2 on my J3 but it loses the transparency.

 

Maybe if anyone want them, i can send it to people without any profit.

post #1181 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelsas View Post

 

I ended up buying the B2 for 114€ from amazon shipped by the MP4nation as you said. I should be getting them this friday.

 

Thanks for the help

Hope you enjoy them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post

They don't sell tips separately anymore tho, do they ? Heard a rumour along those lines & haven't been able to find any info on being able to buy them now.I personally find Complys are just fine with these, and it's more the source that determines how they sound I.E through a ****ty smartphone (Galaxy S2, even FLAC's are average) they sound ordinary, but through a Cowon they sound seriously good.

 

Really? I don't know what I am missing then, they sound pretty sterile out of my zune hd (plus sibilance is present), they do sound better out of my GT-I9100, speacially from the CM 10 nightlies. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turgid View Post

i got a greenhouse gh-erc-dms .. which apparently is a B2 clone from a japanese accessory company retailing for 160 usd

 

atleast the seller said it sounded the same.. he owned both.

 

i got it second hand for 90 dollars, however it had a faulty left driver.. so i got a new pair for 90 dollars and extra 10 dollars for shipping to japan for warranty (1 year - japan only)

 

which i believe for the sound they give is a hell of a deal .. they have superb high fidelity ... very great and revealing 

 

Yeah, even the lame zippered case is the same

 

On another note, I believe my b2 are imbalanced or theres a channel missmatch, because the left bud sounds quieter than the right one, at first I thought that was my ears, I even went to the doctor but he said that my ears were fine, then I switched buds, and still the left one sounded quieter, any ideas or a posible solution?

post #1182 of 1352
Yeah. I've never liked the sound out of the SGS2. The person at Samsung who decided to put that Yamaha sound chip in the phone should be taken out the back & shot (given they'd used fantastic sounding Wolfson chips in the SGS/SGS3). I've always found the sound out of it really fatiguing to listen to (across 4 different canals; B2's, M3's, VSonic R2O2, CX300's), I've never noticed a great deal of difference across the roms I've tried (which makes sense given the limiting factor is the hardware itself, not firmware/software). Listening to the B2's thru the Cowon (X9) is like night & day compared to the SGS2 and an absolute joy. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good phone, I just don't enjoy listening to music through it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post

.

Really? I don't know what I am missing then, they sound pretty sterile out of my zune hd (plus sibilance is present), they do sound better out of my GT-I9100, speacially from the CM 10 nightlies. 

post #1183 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post

On another note, I believe my b2 are imbalanced or theres a channel missmatch, because the left bud sounds quieter than the right one, at first I thought that was my ears, I even went to the doctor but he said that my ears were fine, then I switched buds, and still the left one sounded quieter, any ideas or a posible solution?

 

Seems like you might have a bad seal. Could you try the foam tips with them, or Sony Hybrids? It doesn't make sense that the same channel has less volume even when you switch.

post #1184 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post

Hope you enjoy them.

 

Thanks,

 

My B2 arrived today, I'm very impressed as for my first impression, I think it was what I was searching for.

 

Thanks everybody for the help

 

BTW

 

how I can make sure if my B2 has or hasn't channel imbalance? I think they have a bit but I'm not sure.

post #1185 of 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardKing1 View Post

 

Seems like you might have a bad seal. Could you try the foam tips with them, or Sony Hybrids? It doesn't make sense that the same channel has less volume even when you switch.

At first I thought that it was a fit issue, I still can't get a decent fit with the stock small silicon tips, but I have used many sizes of the super tips (foam and gel) from monster and the sony hybrid tips (with and without foam) and even also I got some small olive shures, but still I have that weird issue, when using any silicon and as I insert the left tip it sounds as loud as the right bud but then the sound fades away after a few seconds, I almost feel like I am deaf from that ear, thats why I even went to the doctor, but he said I was fine and I don't have any problem with other phones, maybe because all of them are open or over the ear? I know that I get a good seal even with the silicons because when I remove them if  feels like there is some kind of suction or void created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelsas View Post

 

Thanks,

 

My B2 arrived today, I'm very impressed as for my first impression, I think it was what I was searching for.

 

Thanks everybody for the help

 

BTW

 

how I can make sure if my B2 has or hasn't channel imbalance? I think they have a bit but I'm not sure.

It's kinda funny because at first listen I don't remember having the imbalance issue, but if you have have it you will hear it for sure.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread