I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 25 IIs, are those a good choice?
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- New Here... Best Over Ear Headphones for me for under $150? Last post on 10/5/11 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Narrowing down options Last post on 9/3/11 at 3:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, closed cans to compliment AD700's Last post on 7/29/11 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH M50 vs Ultrasone HIFI 580 Vs Denon AH D1100 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 ii vs AKG K181?? Last post on 12/7/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or HFI-580 Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?post #1 of 152/17/11 at 8:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 152/17/11 at 8:25pmThread Starterpost #3 of 152/17/11 at 11:04pmThread Starterpost #4 of 152/17/11 at 11:24pm
The M50 is good for electronic and hip-hop, but it's pretty big. It's alright for a "transportable" setup (tossing them in a bag while folded up) but personally I wouldn't wear them around 24/7post #5 of 152/18/11 at 1:04amThread Starter
I'm probably just gonna wear em on the bus ride from school to home so itdoesnt really matter I guess; they'll also probably replace my AD700s..
btw im thinking of getting these skullcandy dx pro throwbacks: http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/sk-pro-throwback.html ....they look beautiful so i can only imagine how they sound.post #6 of 152/18/11 at 10:08am
The ATH-M50s are great for electronica, but too big. I owned them and they were some of my favorite all rounders that were semi-portable. You may want to look at the Denon AH-D1100 (covers the bass and the highs with a forward mid) and the ATH-ES10s (order from AudioCubes or JackAccessories). The ES10 is more compact and provides a great tight bass with good highs, due to the use of a titanium casing. The HD25-I IIs are good, but best for rock. I found they did not provide the highs I was looking for, nor the soundscape of the M50s.post #7 of 152/18/11 at 12:56pmThread Starterpost #8 of 152/18/11 at 12:59pm
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #9 of 152/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
My budget is around 200$.
I want to look normal when out and about lol, but I don't think phones like HD-25II and TMA-1 are really gonna make you look too weird ;p.
I guess I could use some recommendations for IEMs though, I really want this purchase to be very good for Electronica, Hip-Hop and Rock..I want better bass than my AD700s atleast..Quote:Originally Posted by Marcus_C
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #10 of 152/18/11 at 9:14pmThread Starterpost #11 of 152/19/11 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #12 of 152/19/11 at 2:39am
Seeing as no-one else seems to have anything to say, what's putting you off the hd25?
|joker| has done a good review of them recently and there are plentyof others.
Also: Bumping your thread more than once a day is against the rules, the mods'll catch youpost #13 of 152/19/11 at 5:53pmpost #14 of 152/20/11 at 5:06pm
Well, there is plenty said by others here if you leave the egos behind. The HD25-I-IIs are excellent,minus they don't fold up. The M50's are one the the best under $300,but they they are too big for public use unless you want to look like a major dork (only good for use in your office or cube). Like I said, see if you can try out a pair of the ATH ES10s or Denon 1100s.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 9 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 43 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent ORIGINAL 1Plus2 (Version 1) with 5N OCC SPC Custom Cable 3 minutes ago
- › Worst headphones you've ever bought 4 minutes ago
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob