I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 25 IIs, are those a good choice?
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- New Here... Best Over Ear Headphones for me for under $150? Last post on 10/5/11 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Narrowing down options Last post on 9/3/11 at 3:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, closed cans to compliment AD700's Last post on 7/29/11 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH M50 vs Ultrasone HIFI 580 Vs Denon AH D1100 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 ii vs AKG K181?? Last post on 12/7/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or HFI-580 Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?post #1 of 152/17/11 at 8:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 152/17/11 at 8:25pmThread Starterpost #3 of 152/17/11 at 11:04pmThread Starterpost #4 of 152/17/11 at 11:24pm
The M50 is good for electronic and hip-hop, but it's pretty big. It's alright for a "transportable" setup (tossing them in a bag while folded up) but personally I wouldn't wear them around 24/7post #5 of 152/18/11 at 1:04amThread Starter
I'm probably just gonna wear em on the bus ride from school to home so itdoesnt really matter I guess; they'll also probably replace my AD700s..
btw im thinking of getting these skullcandy dx pro throwbacks: http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/sk-pro-throwback.html ....they look beautiful so i can only imagine how they sound.post #6 of 152/18/11 at 10:08am
The ATH-M50s are great for electronica, but too big. I owned them and they were some of my favorite all rounders that were semi-portable. You may want to look at the Denon AH-D1100 (covers the bass and the highs with a forward mid) and the ATH-ES10s (order from AudioCubes or JackAccessories). The ES10 is more compact and provides a great tight bass with good highs, due to the use of a titanium casing. The HD25-I IIs are good, but best for rock. I found they did not provide the highs I was looking for, nor the soundscape of the M50s.post #7 of 152/18/11 at 12:56pmThread Starterpost #8 of 152/18/11 at 12:59pm
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #9 of 152/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
My budget is around 200$.
I want to look normal when out and about lol, but I don't think phones like HD-25II and TMA-1 are really gonna make you look too weird ;p.
I guess I could use some recommendations for IEMs though, I really want this purchase to be very good for Electronica, Hip-Hop and Rock..I want better bass than my AD700s atleast..Quote:Originally Posted by Marcus_C
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #10 of 152/18/11 at 9:14pmThread Starterpost #11 of 152/19/11 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #12 of 152/19/11 at 2:39am
Seeing as no-one else seems to have anything to say, what's putting you off the hd25?
|joker| has done a good review of them recently and there are plentyof others.
Also: Bumping your thread more than once a day is against the rules, the mods'll catch youpost #13 of 152/19/11 at 5:53pmpost #14 of 152/20/11 at 5:06pm
Well, there is plenty said by others here if you leave the egos behind. The HD25-I-IIs are excellent,minus they don't fold up. The M50's are one the the best under $300,but they they are too big for public use unless you want to look like a major dork (only good for use in your office or cube). Like I said, see if you can try out a pair of the ATH ES10s or Denon 1100s.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › headphone w/speaker amp- mcintosh vs parasound vs peachtree 47 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod HD 439 the budget Bass King??? 6 minutes ago
- › Melodious MX-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2