I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 25 IIs, are those a good choice?
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- New Here... Best Over Ear Headphones for me for under $150? Last post on 10/5/11 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Narrowing down options Last post on 9/3/11 at 3:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, closed cans to compliment AD700's Last post on 7/29/11 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH M50 vs Ultrasone HIFI 580 Vs Denon AH D1100 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 ii vs AKG K181?? Last post on 12/7/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or HFI-580 Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?post #1 of 152/17/11 at 8:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 152/17/11 at 8:25pmThread Starterpost #3 of 152/17/11 at 11:04pmThread Starterpost #4 of 152/17/11 at 11:24pm
The M50 is good for electronic and hip-hop, but it's pretty big. It's alright for a "transportable" setup (tossing them in a bag while folded up) but personally I wouldn't wear them around 24/7post #5 of 152/18/11 at 1:04amThread Starter
I'm probably just gonna wear em on the bus ride from school to home so itdoesnt really matter I guess; they'll also probably replace my AD700s..
btw im thinking of getting these skullcandy dx pro throwbacks: http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/sk-pro-throwback.html ....they look beautiful so i can only imagine how they sound.post #6 of 152/18/11 at 10:08am
The ATH-M50s are great for electronica, but too big. I owned them and they were some of my favorite all rounders that were semi-portable. You may want to look at the Denon AH-D1100 (covers the bass and the highs with a forward mid) and the ATH-ES10s (order from AudioCubes or JackAccessories). The ES10 is more compact and provides a great tight bass with good highs, due to the use of a titanium casing. The HD25-I IIs are good, but best for rock. I found they did not provide the highs I was looking for, nor the soundscape of the M50s.post #7 of 152/18/11 at 12:56pmThread Starterpost #8 of 152/18/11 at 12:59pm
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #9 of 152/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
My budget is around 200$.
I want to look normal when out and about lol, but I don't think phones like HD-25II and TMA-1 are really gonna make you look too weird ;p.
I guess I could use some recommendations for IEMs though, I really want this purchase to be very good for Electronica, Hip-Hop and Rock..I want better bass than my AD700s atleast..Quote:Originally Posted by Marcus_C
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #10 of 152/18/11 at 9:14pmThread Starterpost #11 of 152/19/11 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #12 of 152/19/11 at 2:39am
Seeing as no-one else seems to have anything to say, what's putting you off the hd25?
|joker| has done a good review of them recently and there are plentyof others.
Also: Bumping your thread more than once a day is against the rules, the mods'll catch youpost #13 of 152/19/11 at 5:53pmpost #14 of 152/20/11 at 5:06pm
Well, there is plenty said by others here if you leave the egos behind. The HD25-I-IIs are excellent,minus they don't fold up. The M50's are one the the best under $300,but they they are too big for public use unless you want to look like a major dork (only good for use in your office or cube). Like I said, see if you can try out a pair of the ATH ES10s or Denon 1100s.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Grado Fan Club! 57 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › FLAC vs CD quality difference 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 3 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...