I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 25 IIs, are those a good choice?
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- New Here... Best Over Ear Headphones for me for under $150? Last post on 10/5/11 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Narrowing down options Last post on 9/3/11 at 3:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, closed cans to compliment AD700's Last post on 7/29/11 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH M50 vs Ultrasone HIFI 580 Vs Denon AH D1100 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 ii vs AKG K181?? Last post on 12/7/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or HFI-580 Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?post #1 of 152/17/11 at 8:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 152/17/11 at 8:25pmThread Starterpost #3 of 152/17/11 at 11:04pmThread Starterpost #4 of 152/17/11 at 11:24pm
The M50 is good for electronic and hip-hop, but it's pretty big. It's alright for a "transportable" setup (tossing them in a bag while folded up) but personally I wouldn't wear them around 24/7post #5 of 152/18/11 at 1:04amThread Starter
I'm probably just gonna wear em on the bus ride from school to home so itdoesnt really matter I guess; they'll also probably replace my AD700s..
btw im thinking of getting these skullcandy dx pro throwbacks: http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/sk-pro-throwback.html ....they look beautiful so i can only imagine how they sound.post #6 of 152/18/11 at 10:08am
The ATH-M50s are great for electronica, but too big. I owned them and they were some of my favorite all rounders that were semi-portable. You may want to look at the Denon AH-D1100 (covers the bass and the highs with a forward mid) and the ATH-ES10s (order from AudioCubes or JackAccessories). The ES10 is more compact and provides a great tight bass with good highs, due to the use of a titanium casing. The HD25-I IIs are good, but best for rock. I found they did not provide the highs I was looking for, nor the soundscape of the M50s.post #7 of 152/18/11 at 12:56pmThread Starterpost #8 of 152/18/11 at 12:59pm
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #9 of 152/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
My budget is around 200$.
I want to look normal when out and about lol, but I don't think phones like HD-25II and TMA-1 are really gonna make you look too weird ;p.
I guess I could use some recommendations for IEMs though, I really want this purchase to be very good for Electronica, Hip-Hop and Rock..I want better bass than my AD700s atleast..Quote:Originally Posted by Marcus_C
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #10 of 152/18/11 at 9:14pmThread Starterpost #11 of 152/19/11 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #12 of 152/19/11 at 2:39am
Seeing as no-one else seems to have anything to say, what's putting you off the hd25?
|joker| has done a good review of them recently and there are plentyof others.
Also: Bumping your thread more than once a day is against the rules, the mods'll catch youpost #13 of 152/19/11 at 5:53pmpost #14 of 152/20/11 at 5:06pm
Well, there is plenty said by others here if you leave the egos behind. The HD25-I-IIs are excellent,minus they don't fold up. The M50's are one the the best under $300,but they they are too big for public use unless you want to look like a major dork (only good for use in your office or cube). Like I said, see if you can try out a pair of the ATH ES10s or Denon 1100s.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 28 seconds ago
- › Rate the DAPs you've heard 1 minute ago
- › opinons on power conditioners and regenerators ? 4 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › Burning FLAC with EAC? or nor? 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 no bass? 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 Owners' Impressions and... 10 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear