I was looking at the Sennheiser HD 25 IIs, are those a good choice?
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/23/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/23/11
- productSennheiser Adidas HD 25-1 II Orginals Headphones (Black/Blue)tagged by System, 2/23/11
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 2/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- New Here... Best Over Ear Headphones for me for under $150? Last post on 10/5/11 at 10:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Narrowing down options Last post on 9/3/11 at 3:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, closed cans to compliment AD700's Last post on 7/29/11 at 3:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH M50 vs Ultrasone HIFI 580 Vs Denon AH D1100 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 ii vs AKG K181?? Last post on 12/7/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or HFI-580 Last post on 3/21/11 at 10:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?post #1 of 152/17/11 at 8:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 152/17/11 at 8:25pmThread Starterpost #3 of 152/17/11 at 11:04pmThread Starterpost #4 of 152/17/11 at 11:24pm
The M50 is good for electronic and hip-hop, but it's pretty big. It's alright for a "transportable" setup (tossing them in a bag while folded up) but personally I wouldn't wear them around 24/7post #5 of 152/18/11 at 1:04amThread Starter
I'm probably just gonna wear em on the bus ride from school to home so itdoesnt really matter I guess; they'll also probably replace my AD700s..
btw im thinking of getting these skullcandy dx pro throwbacks: http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/sk-pro-throwback.html ....they look beautiful so i can only imagine how they sound.post #6 of 152/18/11 at 10:08am
The ATH-M50s are great for electronica, but too big. I owned them and they were some of my favorite all rounders that were semi-portable. You may want to look at the Denon AH-D1100 (covers the bass and the highs with a forward mid) and the ATH-ES10s (order from AudioCubes or JackAccessories). The ES10 is more compact and provides a great tight bass with good highs, due to the use of a titanium casing. The HD25-I IIs are good, but best for rock. I found they did not provide the highs I was looking for, nor the soundscape of the M50s.post #7 of 152/18/11 at 12:56pmThread Starterpost #8 of 152/18/11 at 12:59pm
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #9 of 152/18/11 at 1:05pmThread Starter
My budget is around 200$.
I want to look normal when out and about lol, but I don't think phones like HD-25II and TMA-1 are really gonna make you look too weird ;p.
I guess I could use some recommendations for IEMs though, I really want this purchase to be very good for Electronica, Hip-Hop and Rock..I want better bass than my AD700s atleast..Quote:Originally Posted by Marcus_C
You seem to be drifting around a lot of headphone types. For a start I suggest you get yourself a budget. After that work out if you want to look normal when out and about (earphones) or like an idiot/mahoossive geek (headphones). How important is isolation, iem's will always be better in that regard.post #10 of 152/18/11 at 9:14pmThread Starterpost #11 of 152/19/11 at 2:14amThread Starterpost #12 of 152/19/11 at 2:39am
Seeing as no-one else seems to have anything to say, what's putting you off the hd25?
|joker| has done a good review of them recently and there are plentyof others.
Also: Bumping your thread more than once a day is against the rules, the mods'll catch youpost #13 of 152/19/11 at 5:53pmpost #14 of 152/20/11 at 5:06pm
Well, there is plenty said by others here if you leave the egos behind. The HD25-I-IIs are excellent,minus they don't fold up. The M50's are one the the best under $300,but they they are too big for public use unless you want to look like a major dork (only good for use in your office or cube). Like I said, see if you can try out a pair of the ATH ES10s or Denon 1100s.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones good for Rock/Electronica/Hip-Hop?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio E18 20 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: T-PEOS Altone 200 Review!) 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha A-S500 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 4 minutes ago
- › All-rounder IEMs for laptop and traveling 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Small comparison of AWEI ES800M (Best bang for buck) 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)