Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica Advice. Last post on 3/22/11 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- I am sooo lost! Anyone mind helping me pick out headphones for my husband? Last post on 12/5/10 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need something new again... AKG, Beyer, Grado? What should I do? Last post on 8/10/12 at 7:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Headphones with detachable wire?! - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 212/17/11 at 5:58pmWhy do you need detachable cables? Physical connections, like soldering, are always better than a mechanical connection. Besides, plugging and unplugging jacks causes them to wear out (there's usually a couple of metal prongs that make contact - they tend to bend out of shape after awhile) and replacing those would be as much, if not more, trouble than replacing a cord. Possibly more difficult if the jack is some proprietary thing the company wants a lot of money for or refuses to sell to the public.
Just find the pair of headphones you want, regardless of the cord. If the cord gets damaged, go to the DIY Forum. You can find information on recabling or find a member who will do it for you.post #18 of 212/17/11 at 6:07pmpost #19 of 212/17/11 at 9:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
Why do you need detachable cables? Physical connections, like soldering, are always better than a mechanical connection. Besides, plugging and unplugging jacks causes them to wear out (there's usually a couple of metal prongs that make contact - they tend to bend out of shape after awhile) and replacing those would be as much, if not more, trouble than replacing a cord. Possibly more difficult if the jack is some proprietary thing the company wants a lot of money for or refuses to sell to the public.
Just find the pair of headphones you want, regardless of the cord. If the cord gets damaged, go to the DIY Forum. You can find information on recabling or find a member who will do it for you.
I don't plan on unplugging and plugging in my jacks, just looking for a more suitable solution because of the previous problems I have had. My new set will be an upgrade on what I had before so although I might sacrifice quality being a mechanical connection it will still sound leaps and bounds better then what I previously owned. But i will take your advice and give the DIY Forum a look.
post #20 of 212/17/11 at 9:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by dalethornQuote:
Beware the Sennheiser 580/600/650 fool-ya cables. All the sets I've had and others have had the cables go "bad" and users think the headphone is bad or the cables are. You just pull 'em out, wipe the tips, and plug 'em back in and voila! Like new!
thanks actually, you might have just saved me 200dollars on an unneeded cardas
- Headphones with detachable wire?!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 12 seconds ago
- › Why do no audiophiles listen to electronic music? 33 seconds ago
- › Best 2.1 speakers? 42 seconds ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 43 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 56 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Why are there no competent reviews of the Astell & Kern AK10? 1 minute ago
- › Sportapro Driver Removable Cable Mod 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude