Related Forum Threads
- Audio Technica Advice. Last post on 3/22/11 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- I am sooo lost! Anyone mind helping me pick out headphones for my husband? Last post on 12/5/10 at 11:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need something new again... AKG, Beyer, Grado? What should I do? Last post on 8/10/12 at 7:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Headphones with detachable wire?! - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 212/17/11 at 5:58pmWhy do you need detachable cables? Physical connections, like soldering, are always better than a mechanical connection. Besides, plugging and unplugging jacks causes them to wear out (there's usually a couple of metal prongs that make contact - they tend to bend out of shape after awhile) and replacing those would be as much, if not more, trouble than replacing a cord. Possibly more difficult if the jack is some proprietary thing the company wants a lot of money for or refuses to sell to the public.
Just find the pair of headphones you want, regardless of the cord. If the cord gets damaged, go to the DIY Forum. You can find information on recabling or find a member who will do it for you.post #18 of 212/17/11 at 6:07pmpost #19 of 212/17/11 at 9:10pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Uncle Erik
Why do you need detachable cables? Physical connections, like soldering, are always better than a mechanical connection. Besides, plugging and unplugging jacks causes them to wear out (there's usually a couple of metal prongs that make contact - they tend to bend out of shape after awhile) and replacing those would be as much, if not more, trouble than replacing a cord. Possibly more difficult if the jack is some proprietary thing the company wants a lot of money for or refuses to sell to the public.
Just find the pair of headphones you want, regardless of the cord. If the cord gets damaged, go to the DIY Forum. You can find information on recabling or find a member who will do it for you.
I don't plan on unplugging and plugging in my jacks, just looking for a more suitable solution because of the previous problems I have had. My new set will be an upgrade on what I had before so although I might sacrifice quality being a mechanical connection it will still sound leaps and bounds better then what I previously owned. But i will take your advice and give the DIY Forum a look.
post #20 of 212/17/11 at 9:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by dalethornQuote:
Beware the Sennheiser 580/600/650 fool-ya cables. All the sets I've had and others have had the cables go "bad" and users think the headphone is bad or the cables are. You just pull 'em out, wipe the tips, and plug 'em back in and voila! Like new!
thanks actually, you might have just saved me 200dollars on an unneeded cardas
- Headphones with detachable wire?!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 16 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Hissy/staticky "s" and cymbals? 8 minutes ago
- › Warm Portable amp for Beyerdynamic DT770 250 Ohm 8 minutes ago
- › [Appreciation] Westone UM PRO Series 8 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude