I was directed here to ask some questions since you guys are the experts in sound and headphones. Currently, I'm running a logitech ClearChat which has been doing the job and its wireless but its starting to break after a year and a half or so of use so I'm looking into getting something new.
Some specifics on what I'm looking to spend and what I have currently.
- Right now I have onboard RealTek ALC889
- I currently have a Logitech Wireless ClearChat that uses USB.
- I'm not planning on buying a soundcard so its going to be using Onboard or USB.
- I'm willing to spend up to 200 dollars
- I really dont want to use a standalone mic like a standup microphone I like everything being right on the headpiece so its easy to use. I've never used the clip-on ones so I'm not to sure how those work especially since I'm going to be using onboard sound if I have one of these.
- This is mainly being used for Ventrillo chat with friends that I talk to daily and playing games. I spend a lot of time on the computer probably around 4 hours a day at the least so I want the headset to also be comfortable.
- I'd also like something of good quality that wont break after six months. Spending 100s of dollars on a headset only to have it break / wires go bad / ear piece goes out is not a good investment. I don't do anything irrational with my headsets as I leave them attached to the computer and place them on the desk.
With that listed I'm hoping I can get some good insight on to what I should pickup or just any suggestions for what I should pickup. I'm willing to give in on the clip-on if I can learn a little bit more about them and how well they work but right now it seems like they would fall off easy or wires would get tangled etc. I could be wrong on that as I know nothing about them.
I like sound but I'm not looking for something that is like the most amazing sound in the world or anything since if I wanted that I'd be asking for a soundcard too.
Thanks for your time and suggestions!