Will do. I have an enormous credit card bill (customs + iPhone 5 amongst other things) to pay off, as well as just buying the DX100 so I think for October I'm going to spend as little as I can, then get the cable as an early xmas present to myself in November lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!) Last post on 6/19/11 at 1:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Heir Audio 8.A: 8-Driver, 4-Way Crossover Custom Fit In-Ear Monitors Last post on 12/20/12 at 9:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines too heavy? Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine questions Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Edited on 8/16/12
- Hi End CablesEdited on 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 66post #976 of 104710/1/12 at 11:56am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 104710/1/12 at 1:19pmThread StarterQuote:
Ah yes. I will say that straight out of my ipod classic 5.5gen, none of my customs are nearly as satisfying as they are with an amp-that's come home to me over the last few months. That goes for my MG6pro, as well as Heir 8.A and 6.A. The Aurisonics AS-1b was the same as well.
So, maybe Christmas should come early! J/K!post #978 of 104710/1/12 at 2:24pm
I don't think the iPhone 4S I had, or the 5 I have now (or my iPad) sound bad, but as convergence devices go I use them for all that EXCEPT music, I never wanted to fill the memory up with tunes and rinse the battery that way, I'm stubborn and want a pure music source... hence the DX100. One box, job done hopefully! Just got the fun job of transcoding all my library and putting it on it, should keep me busy tomorrow.
Having had a brief play with the iBasso, it's perfectly usable and no problems navigating the thing - any worries about it reminding me of my S:Flo2 instantly buried.
Btw with the M6pros it's pretty crazy how much difference the vent plugs make. I can't help but love the biggest ones though, not just for the bass but for the increased sense of space.
Edited by Somnambulist - 10/1/12 at 2:32pmpost #979 of 104710/1/12 at 7:11pm
I'm curious about how everyone feels about these with iPods, iPhones and computer outputs. I find that they are so sensitive that I have the devices all the way at the bottom of the volume scale. I also hear a fair amount of background noise from the device. When I put an attenuator in line, it all falls into place. The MG5Pros seem to work a lot better for me when it comes to using devices like this.
Disclaimer: my main use for the MG6Pros is on stage as a bass player. Both the 5s and 6s are phenomenal for this use. I'll probably end up using the 5s for location mixing as well.post #980 of 104710/2/12 at 3:15am
Really? With my iPhone 5 (and 4S) and iPad (2012) I find listening volume to be just before you get the 'loud' indicator come up, with the problem being one notch of the volume takes them from being not quite loud enough to too loud. This was just listening to iTunes store samples and YouTube vids (as I was waiting on my DX100 and don't put music on my iDevices). Not a problem with the DX100 though!post #981 of 104710/2/12 at 8:45amThread StarterOut of my ipod classic, the volume gets loud at about 60% of the volume bar with the MG6pro.
Although, loud for me is still moderate for other people, probably.
Edited by Kunlun - 10/2/12 at 8:46ampost #982 of 104710/17/12 at 11:02pm
The bass on these really is something, isn't it? It doesn't feel like it's showing it off either, it's just ready to reach subterranean depths effortlessly if called upon. Can't settle for anything but the biggest vent plugs either; as a speakers guy the increased output and increase in sense of space makes them slightly less IEM-y, even if the isolation in noisy environments suffers a little. Very easy to turn them volume up on them as well as being quite balanced the treble doesn't start piercing your ears as quickly as some of the other things I've tried.post #983 of 104710/25/12 at 6:50pmpost #984 of 104710/25/12 at 10:30pmpost #985 of 104710/26/12 at 7:18am
Yep still enjoying mine! My DX100's charger died (no idea how or why) so I've been waiting for a new one to arrive which finally has, and I can get back to enjoying the music again. I had to make do with using my iPad and iPhone and they're not the same (although I did have a great time listening to that Binaural Babershop clip on YouTube).post #986 of 104710/26/12 at 7:29amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Somnambulist
Yep still enjoying mine! My DX100's charger died (no idea how or why) so I've been waiting for a new one to arrive which finally has, and I can get back to enjoying the music again. I had to make do with using my iPad and iPhone and they're not the same (although I did have a great time listening to that Binaural Babershop clip on YouTube).
Oh yeah, straight out of an iphone isn't the same with any custom I've tried.
My MG6Pro is my favorite custom. I am very happy with my other customs and they are great, but week after week the MG6Pro ends up in my ears the most.post #987 of 104710/26/12 at 8:28amQuote:
That makes me reconsider the 8.A I have on order but have not sent in my impressions for. As the heir audio and these future sonics were my 2 choices and you have both. Though I did make my choice in part based on the fact I like detail in my music and the heirs do look pretty!post #988 of 104710/26/12 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by miandnan
That makes me reconsider the 8.A I have on order but have not sent in my impressions for. As the heir audio and these future sonics were my 2 choices and you have both. Though I did make my choice in part based on the fact I like detail in my music and the heirs do look pretty!
I haven't heard the Heir 8.A, but if you like a detailed sound to your music, I would not be too quick to cancel your 8.A order in favour of the MG6Pro.
In my opinion, the MG6Pro isn't what seemingly almost everyone else in this thread claims it is.
Edited by Mython - 10/26/12 at 2:23pmpost #989 of 104710/26/12 at 1:41pm
Yeah straight out. I don't usually use them for music and got the DX100 specifically because I wanted a single box solution with higher capacity than any iPod (it's 64GB + 64GB microSD at the moment) and great SQ. Supposedly it can be improved further with something like an RX MkIII but I'm very happy with what I'm hearing already, and there's still the Silver Poison to add at some point.
Just updating that now as my charger arrived earlier... intend on going to bed early and spending a couple of hours with my DX100 (now updated to the latest and supposedly greatest firmware) and my MG6Pros.post #990 of 104710/26/12 at 3:58pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
- Hi End Cables
- › Capital Audiofest Meet July 26-28, Silver Spring, MD at Sheraton Hotel 15 seconds ago
- › New in ear buds for my new iPhone 5 33 seconds ago
- › What is So Great About The Sansa + and Cowon Players? 43 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress: Factory visit starting pg... 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › 7th Annual ChiUniFi - June 22nd 3 minutes ago
- › The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Good PX100 Replacement < $75 4 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe