Will do. I have an enormous credit card bill (customs + iPhone 5 amongst other things) to pay off, as well as just buying the DX100 so I think for October I'm going to spend as little as I can, then get the cable as an early xmas present to myself in November lol.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 2/16/11
- productFuture Sonics Ear Monitors with 13mm MG6pro Dynamic Driverstagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!) Last post on 6/19/11 at 1:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines too heavy? Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine questions Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 66post #976 of 107110/1/12 at 11:56am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 107110/1/12 at 1:19pmThread StarterQuote:
Ah yes. I will say that straight out of my ipod classic 5.5gen, none of my customs are nearly as satisfying as they are with an amp-that's come home to me over the last few months. That goes for my MG6pro, as well as Heir 8.A and 6.A. The Aurisonics AS-1b was the same as well.
So, maybe Christmas should come early! J/K!post #978 of 107110/1/12 at 2:24pm
I don't think the iPhone 4S I had, or the 5 I have now (or my iPad) sound bad, but as convergence devices go I use them for all that EXCEPT music, I never wanted to fill the memory up with tunes and rinse the battery that way, I'm stubborn and want a pure music source... hence the DX100. One box, job done hopefully! Just got the fun job of transcoding all my library and putting it on it, should keep me busy tomorrow.
Having had a brief play with the iBasso, it's perfectly usable and no problems navigating the thing - any worries about it reminding me of my S:Flo2 instantly buried.
Btw with the M6pros it's pretty crazy how much difference the vent plugs make. I can't help but love the biggest ones though, not just for the bass but for the increased sense of space.
Edited by Somnambulist - 10/1/12 at 2:32pmpost #979 of 107110/1/12 at 7:11pm
I'm curious about how everyone feels about these with iPods, iPhones and computer outputs. I find that they are so sensitive that I have the devices all the way at the bottom of the volume scale. I also hear a fair amount of background noise from the device. When I put an attenuator in line, it all falls into place. The MG5Pros seem to work a lot better for me when it comes to using devices like this.
Disclaimer: my main use for the MG6Pros is on stage as a bass player. Both the 5s and 6s are phenomenal for this use. I'll probably end up using the 5s for location mixing as well.post #980 of 107110/2/12 at 3:15am
Really? With my iPhone 5 (and 4S) and iPad (2012) I find listening volume to be just before you get the 'loud' indicator come up, with the problem being one notch of the volume takes them from being not quite loud enough to too loud. This was just listening to iTunes store samples and YouTube vids (as I was waiting on my DX100 and don't put music on my iDevices). Not a problem with the DX100 though!post #981 of 107110/2/12 at 8:45amThread StarterOut of my ipod classic, the volume gets loud at about 60% of the volume bar with the MG6pro.
Although, loud for me is still moderate for other people, probably.
Edited by Kunlun - 10/2/12 at 8:46ampost #982 of 107110/17/12 at 11:02pm
The bass on these really is something, isn't it? It doesn't feel like it's showing it off either, it's just ready to reach subterranean depths effortlessly if called upon. Can't settle for anything but the biggest vent plugs either; as a speakers guy the increased output and increase in sense of space makes them slightly less IEM-y, even if the isolation in noisy environments suffers a little. Very easy to turn them volume up on them as well as being quite balanced the treble doesn't start piercing your ears as quickly as some of the other things I've tried.post #983 of 107110/25/12 at 6:50pmpost #984 of 107110/25/12 at 10:30pmpost #985 of 107110/26/12 at 7:18am
Yep still enjoying mine! My DX100's charger died (no idea how or why) so I've been waiting for a new one to arrive which finally has, and I can get back to enjoying the music again. I had to make do with using my iPad and iPhone and they're not the same (although I did have a great time listening to that Binaural Babershop clip on YouTube).post #986 of 107110/26/12 at 7:29amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Somnambulist
Yep still enjoying mine! My DX100's charger died (no idea how or why) so I've been waiting for a new one to arrive which finally has, and I can get back to enjoying the music again. I had to make do with using my iPad and iPhone and they're not the same (although I did have a great time listening to that Binaural Babershop clip on YouTube).
Oh yeah, straight out of an iphone isn't the same with any custom I've tried.
My MG6Pro is my favorite custom. I am very happy with my other customs and they are great, but week after week the MG6Pro ends up in my ears the most.post #987 of 107110/26/12 at 8:28amQuote:
That makes me reconsider the 8.A I have on order but have not sent in my impressions for. As the heir audio and these future sonics were my 2 choices and you have both. Though I did make my choice in part based on the fact I like detail in my music and the heirs do look pretty!post #988 of 107110/26/12 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by miandnan
That makes me reconsider the 8.A I have on order but have not sent in my impressions for. As the heir audio and these future sonics were my 2 choices and you have both. Though I did make my choice in part based on the fact I like detail in my music and the heirs do look pretty!
I haven't heard the Heir 8.A, but if you like a detailed sound to your music, I would not be too quick to cancel your 8.A order in favour of the MG6Pro.
In my opinion, the MG6Pro isn't what seemingly almost everyone else in this thread claims it is.
Edited by Mython - 10/26/12 at 2:23pmpost #989 of 107110/26/12 at 1:41pm
Yeah straight out. I don't usually use them for music and got the DX100 specifically because I wanted a single box solution with higher capacity than any iPod (it's 64GB + 64GB microSD at the moment) and great SQ. Supposedly it can be improved further with something like an RX MkIII but I'm very happy with what I'm hearing already, and there's still the Silver Poison to add at some point.
Just updating that now as my charger arrived earlier... intend on going to bed early and spending a couple of hours with my DX100 (now updated to the latest and supposedly greatest firmware) and my MG6Pros.post #990 of 107110/26/12 at 3:58pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › AURALiC owners unite! 14 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 18 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sansa Fuze- color me impressed- Fuze appreciation thread 52 seconds ago
- › Best settings for the Xonar STX? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Moon Cable Dragon V2 Sennhieser HD650 HD600 10Ft. 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-10R Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude