Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 63

post #931 of 1074

Yeah I asked the lady how I could make sure the same thing didn't happen again. The gist is that most wax should work it's way out naturally, it's just if you're sticking things in your ear regularly that it can get forced back down the ear and congeal/harden. I'll try and keep lubing my ears with oil once I get my customs just to be on the safe side.

 

I'm confident I'll enjoy them, plus FS's upgrade policy means I'll be able to get their newer models in years to come at a fraction of the cost.

post #932 of 1074

Personally, I use hydrogen peroxide each time I take a shower.

post #933 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

Personally, I use hydrogen peroxide each time I take a shower.

 

I suspect you very rarely get head-colds, then

 

 

Anyway, we are digressing...

post #934 of 1074

Hello, does Whiplash Elite TWag v2 cable fit MG5 & 6?

Thanks

post #935 of 1074

Impressions sent off, finally - what's the turnaround time like for these things usually?

post #936 of 1074

So, finally received my MG6Pro after a refit...the fit now perfectly and i listened to them for 2 hours.....

 

They are different as my JH16, it´s that amazing bass and that huge soundstage that let me really enjoy them.

Does burn-in change improve some of the upper areas ? I hope it does, but the bass is the best i´ve heard so far...really amazing....

post #937 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by T1000 View Post

So, finally received my MG6Pro after a refit...the fit now perfectly and i listened to them for 2 hours.....

They are different as my JH16, it´s that amazing bass and that huge soundstage that let me really enjoy them.
Does burn-in change improve some of the upper areas ? I hope it does, but the bass is the best i´ve heard so far...really amazing....

Yes, they improve a lot with time. Most of the change comes in the first tens of hours but they get better for quite q while.
post #938 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulist View Post

Impressions sent off, finally - what's the turnaround time like for these things usually?

 

You can request them to 'expedite' the order (email David)... I did, and mine were in my hands in about 10 days. Hope you enjoy.

post #939 of 1074
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopper29 View Post

Hello, does Whiplash Elite TWag v2 cable fit MG5 & 6?

Thanks


Yes, and I've used it myself in my MG6Pro.

post #940 of 1074

Update for my new MG6Pro after appox. 25 hrs: Soundstage is bigger now, huge improvement in presenting the details, enjoying the upper areas now.

Right out of the box it was a different story, let´s see what will happen after 50 hrs....

post #941 of 1074

it is really weird burn in.

 

i was completely objective about the entire thing going in, but skeptical of it (i bordered on the it's BS side if im honest).

 

after listening to these for the first month, it's impossible not to be a believer. 

 

the first 10 hours alone are night and day difference, im not willing to say i believe it truly changes further than that because i don't know if its my brain, but yeah, for sure burn in is real.

 

also, months down the track, these babies are with me 24/7. seriously in love with them. the bass is just ughhhufmmmmm. but vocals still clear as day, everything is just a step above. a tier higher. 

 

highly recommended if they are your first custom, because theres no way you cannot fall in love with it, add to that futuresonics make it all easy... it's also killed any inclination i had to try any other customs or purchase any more headphones. i know it's not going to get considerably better than this, especially for what i'm after in a sound signature. and sure as hell isnt worth spending another 1000 dollars to get. if these headphones got stolen, i'd order another pair.

 

glad i went this way instead of any other.

 

using them on the go with an iPhone 4, at home with ODAC + O2 setup + FLAC. flawless.


Edited by soalexx - 8/27/12 at 7:18pm
post #942 of 1074

Nice review! I sent my impressions off a week ago via Airsure so hopefully they'll be with FS now. At $750 I couldn't really say no. I've held off on the portable source till the UK meet in a couple of weeks as I'm hoping to try out a few different players, although I have a feeling for the time being the DX100 is the one I want to get.

post #943 of 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by soalexx View Post

it is really weird burn in.

 

i was completely objective about the entire thing going in, but skeptical of it (i bordered on the it's BS side if im honest).

 

after listening to these for the first month, it's impossible not to be a believer. 

 

the first 10 hours alone are night and day difference, im not willing to say i believe it truly changes further than that because i don't know if its my brain, but yeah, for sure burn in is real.

 

also, months down the track, these babies are with me 24/7. seriously in love with them. the bass is just ughhhufmmmmm. but vocals still clear as day, everything is just a step above. a tier higher. 

using them on the go with an iPhone 4, at home with ODAC + O2 setup + FLAC. flawless.

 

Well, it's probably more accurate to describe it as break-in rather than burn-in. Burn-in usually refers to electronics, especially tube electronics where a circuit has the potential to be unstable before the tubes settle in or you want to just run the device for a period of time to make sure it doesn't go haywire, while the phenomenon here is a loosening of the surround. It's exactly what happens with speakers, which is why it doesn't happen with most in ears. I'm sure this is old news to most of you, but most in ears are balanced armature designs which do not have a surround. The design of a balanced armature is such that it pretty much is always the way it is, none of the physical components have any aspects that can loosen or react to the resonance of the physical circuit. Future Sonics, on the other hand, really do benefit from a break-in period as the surround of the driver gains flexibility. I certainly have experienced woofers breaking in for both my studio monitors and my bass rig. Even dynamic headphones experience this phenomenon. However, for those listeners whose in ear experience is limited to balanced armature designs, I can completely understand why they would call BS on the whole thing.

 

In any case, yes the FS's do sound amazing! Both the MG5Pros and MG6Pros have really killer bass that does not in the least overwhelm the rest of the spectrum. I'm spoiled!

post #944 of 1074

Impressions have been received - FS  have been very good with quick replies to my questions - they're now in the production queue. W00t.

post #945 of 1074
Mine came today. Future Sonics was nice enough to reroute the shipment to get to me on a business trip. Dave and his crew have been a real joy to work with.

As for the MG6Pros themselves, very nice out of the box. Seem to be settling in nicely in the first few hours of use. Coming from somewhat mid-centric Westones, it takes a few minutes to adjust to the different presentation, but that is certainly not a knock on these.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors