Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 2/16/11
- productFuture Sonics Ear Monitors with 13mm MG6pro Dynamic Driverstagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!) Last post on 6/19/11 at 1:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines too heavy? Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine questions Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Last October 2014, Audio Technica Singapore informed me about their plan for their new products launch. When we met, i had the chance to test the new ATH-MSR7. Connected it to my iBasso DX90, I was...
Tries so many headphones,but just coming back to my 700. Decided to stay with them and my HiFi M8 simply because I love the portability and the sound is great to me.
-Audio The Nucleus Headphone Amplifier/Preamp “Great Sound for the Masses” By Cesar Gutierrez - Audiophile December 2014 It is always exiting to discover and learn about new companies in...
Background So the technology behind the ear cups are quite interesting. This headphone is marketed towards teenagers for the "Bass Sensation". The headphone has a slider on thhe left ear cup, and...
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 72post #1066 of 11192/13/14 at 5:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 11192/17/14 at 9:23pmpost #1068 of 11192/17/14 at 9:48pmThread Starterpost #1069 of 11192/18/14 at 2:36ampost #1070 of 11192/19/14 at 6:58pmpost #1071 of 11192/19/14 at 8:54pmThread Starterpost #1072 of 11193/24/14 at 7:11amThread Starterpost #1073 of 11193/24/14 at 7:13amThread Starter
A friend who owns the MG6Pro in Hong Kong wrote up a little explanation of his musical journey and his time with the MG6Pro. It's kinda neat, so I thought I'd share it here:
Hello and I am writing to express how special the MG6 Pro really are. I have been buying stereo equipment (Home, Car, and Portable) for the last 30 years. For the last 30 years I have been collecting records and cds which has amounted to 4,000 records and a lot of cds (I lost count!). I have also gone to over 200 live concerts world wide. I love music and have made it a goal of building and purchasing stereos and earphones so I can enjoy all the music which I love hearing to on a daily basis. When I was living in USA I didn't spend much on portable equipment due to having a car and a big home. Usually I would buy a Walkman and use the free earphones and it will last a year at best. Once I moved to Hong Kong where I walk and take trains everyday which takes about 2 hours minimum of travel I have been buying higher end portable players and earphones. My first good earphone was the Shure 500 then the Shure 530. I bought 2 pairs of the 530 because I liked them a lot. Then I got the Ultimate Ears 5 EB andthen the Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10. All were good for different reasons. Later I found the Atrios Universals which had a nice bass and were warm sounding like a record. Some years later I bought the JH Audio 13 and I was not that pleased with them so because I enjoyed the Atrios I decided to buy the Future Sonics MG6 Pro. I was very happy with them, they did everything I asked for and more. Also my right side earpiece didnt fit that great and Future Sonics replaced them. I got a new fitting and a new ear piece all for free. That was like three years ago and since then I bought two Aurisonics earphones, Shure 535 earphone, Shure 846 Ear Phones and another custom earphone by JH Audio the 16 model. All have good, great and soso but I keep going back to the MG6 Pro. I like having four good earphones because each has their own unique sound. But no matter what I buy or demo the MG6 Pro is always there for me. It does everything I need and it can do everything the others can do. Through the years all the other companies are turning out new and improve earphones trying to get it right while Future Sonics have stood by its product, this says a lot about this top tier Earphone.post #1074 of 11194/2/14 at 11:50amQuote:
I haven't heard the SRH840 but I agree with your remarks about the MG6Pro.
As for closed vents - you can do what I did and just smear a bit of silicone in the hole of the pair of vents with the smallest hole (well, actually, I used thick superglue, but silicone would be better).post #1075 of 11195/2/14 at 2:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Mython
I haven't heard the SRH840 but I agree with your remarks about the MG6Pro.
As for closed vents - you can do what I did and just smear a bit of silicone in the hole of the pair of vents with the smallest hole (well, actually, I used thick superglue, but silicone would be better).
I still stand by my opinion of MG6Pro needing to reach that little bit more of treble. I listen to stuff like 'Calling All Dawns', 'In the hall of the mountain king', 'Blood on My Hands', MLTR, Everlong, etc.
And as always I feel that there is that little bit of highs getting cut off. I think its 17 kHz and above.
I did that silicone thing but that doesn't really do it. So I am still on the smallest vent.post #1076 of 11197/11/14 at 10:04am
A shout-out to the folks at Future Sonics. I damaged the sockets on my MG6PROs messing around with custom cables. They just took them back, repaired and got them back to me within a couple of days, and - after I'd had them for years - adjusted the fit for free. Great people.post #1077 of 11197/25/14 at 6:45pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by barbes
A shout-out to the folks at Future Sonics. I damaged the sockets on my MG6PROs messing around with custom cables. They just took them back, repaired and got them back to me within a couple of days, and - after I'd had them for years - adjusted the fit for free. Great people.
Awesome, they've always treated me right.post #1078 of 11197/26/14 at 4:48ampost #1079 of 11198/18/14 at 2:30pm
Still alive, still listening to mine. I kept meaning to get a nicer looking cable but keep finding other things to spend my money on... maybe one day. I know if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I'd be interested to know if they're R&D'ing or have come up with any improvements to their drivers for an MG7 or what not - it's been a few years now and I'd like to test out that upgrade discount for existing owners thing! They're not very active on their own site or social media.post #1080 of 11198/18/14 at 6:25pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Somnambulist
Still alive, still listening to mine. I kept meaning to get a nicer looking cable but keep finding other things to spend my money on... maybe one day. I know if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but I'd be interested to know if they're R&D'ing or have come up with any improvements to their drivers for an MG7 or what not - it's been a few years now and I'd like to test out that upgrade discount for existing owners thing! They're not very active on their own site or social media.
Hi there, glad to hear you're alive!
Cables are a luxury item, I'd say. Maybe a lightweight, silver cable, but, honestly, Marty Garcia asked me not to use extra cables as it can wear out the sockets of CIEMs.
As for new things, well, Future Sonics is very careful to only announce new things once they are well-tested and ready. That's the way they roll. I can't say anything further except that they have a long cycle between generations because they really do their homework...yes, that means a lot of R&D on-going.
I think a new universal will be out first before we see a new generation of customs, just speculationReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 7 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 14 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW DannyBai's take on the new Yamaha EPH... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › Listening to LCD-X through Interface 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by earfonia
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by BasilFawlty
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Warnings about equipment online purchase scam
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3