Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 2/16/11
- productFuture Sonics Ear Monitors with 13mm MG6pro Dynamic Driverstagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!) Last post on 6/19/11 at 1:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines too heavy? Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine questions Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 72post #1066 of 10782/13/14 at 5:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1067 of 10782/17/14 at 9:23pmpost #1068 of 10782/17/14 at 9:48pmThread Starterpost #1069 of 10782/18/14 at 2:36ampost #1070 of 10782/19/14 at 6:58pmpost #1071 of 10782/19/14 at 8:54pmThread Starterpost #1072 of 10783/24/14 at 7:11amThread Starterpost #1073 of 10783/24/14 at 7:13amThread Starter
A friend who owns the MG6Pro in Hong Kong wrote up a little explanation of his musical journey and his time with the MG6Pro. It's kinda neat, so I thought I'd share it here:
Hello and I am writing to express how special the MG6 Pro really are. I have been buying stereo equipment (Home, Car, and Portable) for the last 30 years. For the last 30 years I have been collecting records and cds which has amounted to 4,000 records and a lot of cds (I lost count!). I have also gone to over 200 live concerts world wide. I love music and have made it a goal of building and purchasing stereos and earphones so I can enjoy all the music which I love hearing to on a daily basis. When I was living in USA I didn't spend much on portable equipment due to having a car and a big home. Usually I would buy a Walkman and use the free earphones and it will last a year at best. Once I moved to Hong Kong where I walk and take trains everyday which takes about 2 hours minimum of travel I have been buying higher end portable players and earphones. My first good earphone was the Shure 500 then the Shure 530. I bought 2 pairs of the 530 because I liked them a lot. Then I got the Ultimate Ears 5 EB andthen the Ultimate Ears triple.fi 10. All were good for different reasons. Later I found the Atrios Universals which had a nice bass and were warm sounding like a record. Some years later I bought the JH Audio 13 and I was not that pleased with them so because I enjoyed the Atrios I decided to buy the Future Sonics MG6 Pro. I was very happy with them, they did everything I asked for and more. Also my right side earpiece didnt fit that great and Future Sonics replaced them. I got a new fitting and a new ear piece all for free. That was like three years ago and since then I bought two Aurisonics earphones, Shure 535 earphone, Shure 846 Ear Phones and another custom earphone by JH Audio the 16 model. All have good, great and soso but I keep going back to the MG6 Pro. I like having four good earphones because each has their own unique sound. But no matter what I buy or demo the MG6 Pro is always there for me. It does everything I need and it can do everything the others can do. Through the years all the other companies are turning out new and improve earphones trying to get it right while Future Sonics have stood by its product, this says a lot about this top tier Earphone.post #1074 of 10784/2/14 at 11:50amQuote:
I haven't heard the SRH840 but I agree with your remarks about the MG6Pro.
As for closed vents - you can do what I did and just smear a bit of silicone in the hole of the pair of vents with the smallest hole (well, actually, I used thick superglue, but silicone would be better).post #1075 of 10785/2/14 at 2:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Mython
I haven't heard the SRH840 but I agree with your remarks about the MG6Pro.
As for closed vents - you can do what I did and just smear a bit of silicone in the hole of the pair of vents with the smallest hole (well, actually, I used thick superglue, but silicone would be better).
I still stand by my opinion of MG6Pro needing to reach that little bit more of treble. I listen to stuff like 'Calling All Dawns', 'In the hall of the mountain king', 'Blood on My Hands', MLTR, Everlong, etc.
And as always I feel that there is that little bit of highs getting cut off. I think its 17 kHz and above.
I did that silicone thing but that doesn't really do it. So I am still on the smallest vent.post #1076 of 10787/11/14 at 10:04am
A shout-out to the folks at Future Sonics. I damaged the sockets on my MG6PROs messing around with custom cables. They just took them back, repaired and got them back to me within a couple of days, and - after I'd had them for years - adjusted the fit for free. Great people.post #1077 of 10787/25/14 at 6:45pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by barbes
A shout-out to the folks at Future Sonics. I damaged the sockets on my MG6PROs messing around with custom cables. They just took them back, repaired and got them back to me within a couple of days, and - after I'd had them for years - adjusted the fit for free. Great people.
Awesome, they've always treated me right.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 21 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 45 seconds ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 4 minutes ago
- › FS: RSA Protector 5 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)