- 11 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 2/16/11
- productFuture Sonics Ear Monitors with 13mm MG6pro Dynamic Driverstagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!) Last post on 6/19/11 at 1:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines too heavy? Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine questions Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Hi guys, I'm surprised this little gizmo isn't more discussed here on head-fi and I happen to be having a lot of fun with it so I figured a brief review in order to build a discussion here would...
I've been listening with K-10 Customs a year now. Because of the almost total isolation I only use them when flying. They are the best sounding IEM I've ever encountered. IMO, they are really as...
Somic v2 Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/809323/somic-v2-headphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Somic, the...
Disclaimer: I received this Jays q-Jays as part of the Australian/New Zealand tour that DJScope arranged. This is my honest opinion of the Jays q-Jays, and I am in no way affiliated with or work...
[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 71post #1051 of 11328/9/13 at 2:28amWell, I think I am chasing some thing uncommon. I guess some where between natural and neutral. Not to much of both, but kinda just enough to make you want to listen forever. Shall try the UERM 1 day. Which is JH13 considered to be closer to natural or neutral? Anyone tried the new UM custom?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 113212/2/13 at 3:16pmThread StarterFuture Sonics is having a Cyber Monday sale!
Type MYMG6PRO over in the store at futuresonics.com and get 10% off a set of MG6Pro Ear Monitors.
The code MYMG5PRO gets you 5% off MG5Pro Ear Monitors.
Edited by Kunlun - 12/2/13 at 3:18pmpost #1053 of 113212/14/13 at 5:15pmpost #1054 of 113212/14/13 at 8:35pmThread Starterpost #1055 of 11321/23/14 at 7:36am
very nice, may i know if this is clear color? last i remembered, clear normally lean towards more of a cloudy white..
very surprised to see its like the typical acrylic clear with no bubbles..post #1056 of 11321/24/14 at 3:38pmThread StarterYes, that's definitely the clear color! I have a clear set and that's how it looks. It's just that Bwhli is a superior photographer! The other effects you mention are from unskilled photographers, the real appearance is what bwhli has captured.post #1057 of 11321/24/14 at 3:42pmpost #1058 of 11322/10/14 at 1:37am
It's my first time posting and I would just like to add on to my experience with purchasing the mg6pros.
I have used a pair of Livewire triple drivers in live stage environment and noticed that it does get fatiguing after a while and sometimes to keep timing on stage, we need to listen to the bass kick of the drum, in which the triple drivers seem to fall short, so to compensate, I end up turning up the volume on my monitors to "get more bass." This ends up in just over-doing the volumes and simply tired ears at the end of the day.
The triple drivers are great in terms of clarity but they had a rather narrow soundstage and I find myself trying to figure out if the track I was listening to was in mono..., not so obvious in a live stage environment where we are more concerned about pitch and timing. Well from my rather limited knowledge but more reading I realised that it's nothing uncommon in CIEMs.
For personal listening pleasure, I always gravitate towards dynamic drivers that somehow give better vocal presentation and better soundstage and just a deeper bass for the musicality of it. I'm someone who doesn't mind sibilance if I get clarity in the male/female vocal registers and a nice bass response without muddying up the lower mids. I really missed that in my BA triple drivers and I was on a hunt for dynamic CIEMs.
After reading Kunlun's detailed review (thanks for the honest review) I decided to just spend the money and get the mg6pros as opposed to toying around with another new CIEM startup company that would take 10 weeks for my CIEM to be made. Well after my impressions reached Futuresonics, I actually got my customs delivered in under 10 days. It's fantastic service and a well made product, I really can't ask for more.
Right out of the box, the sound from these mg6pros are simply what I have been looking for in customs. The soundstage doesn't feel so "in my head" as my previous ones, it's wider definitely but not like head cans. Nice sub-bass with clear punchy bass that doesn't muddy up the lower mix. Vocals are smooth and sit nicely in the mix without being overwhelmed by the high end sparkle without being "tinny". I guess my ear impressions were perfectly made because the mg6pros sit really nicely in my ear and I don't get leaks from jaw movements (singing) isolation is as what I'd expect. The seal from the perfect fit allows me to really feel the sub-bass AND vocals clearly without having to jack up the volumes. I can listen to them all day without the same fatigue I get from an hour with my previous custom triples BAs.
I have left my mg6pros to burn in over 90 hours since I got them and the frequency response across the mids to highs are nicely separated now, everything sounds more open and transparent. Lovely.
Here's hoping my mg6pros will last me a long long long time because I really enjoy the sound of these and I'm sure they will serve me well all all the stage work and occasional commute music enjoyment. :)post #1059 of 11322/10/14 at 6:06amWelcome waxall! And nice review.. Would be great to see some pictures of your monitors.. What colour did u choose?
If u do not have permission to post yet you can pm me the URL and I'll be happy to post them up!post #1060 of 11322/10/14 at 9:13pmThread Starterpost #1061 of 11322/10/14 at 10:03pmpost #1062 of 11322/11/14 at 4:09amQuote:Originally Posted by waxall
Buihia here's the picture I've uploaded to photobucket.
every one, these are brother waxall's ciem
simply stunning and well polished !
should be smoke plates and then the corresponding side colours
waxall mentioned he did it in this color as backstage is normally quite dark
thanks for sharing again waxall !post #1063 of 11322/12/14 at 8:00pmThread Starter
Nice picture, thanks for the assist buihia!
Here's a very nice MG6Pro review by our own bwhli!
He describes the MG6Pro just as I hear them. Good job, bwhli!post #1064 of 11322/13/14 at 8:34ampost #1065 of 11322/13/14 at 4:27pmQuote:
Yes please, looking forward to them
Also of the casing and the accessories too if you don't mind
Thanks!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Best Phone: HTC One M9 vs. LG G Flex 2 vs. iPhone 6 2 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 2 minutes ago
- › DX80 Purist Firmware Modification - For purist audiophiles 2 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-900 W/ Lawton Dampening *Final Price Drop* 6 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...