- 11 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 2/16/11
- productFuture Sonics Ear Monitors with 13mm MG6pro Dynamic Driverstagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!) Last post on 6/19/11 at 1:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines too heavy? Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine questions Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Jomo4 The full and long review can be found here: LINK Website: jomoaudio.com Product page: Link Specifications: o Quad Balanced Armature Drivers: 1 x...
-Introduction- The last encounter I had with Advanced Sound was a decent while ago, right around the release of their first IEM, the M4. That was their freshmen release, and...
All instruments come to live with pm1, crystal clear and smooth at the same time. Pm1 made my Sennheiser hd650 and Grado reference 1 sound harsh and incomplete. I had some time to listen to hd800...
The Fiil Diva headphone is probably one of the most intuitive headphones south of $200. They have features that make them almost 3-4 headphones in one, currently they can be had for about $129 on...
Recently My Noble 5 developed a rattle on the left side, so I sent them back to Noble, in return they upgraded me to the Dulce Bass, I've had these for 3 days now and let me tell you what a step up...
[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 71post #1051 of 11338/9/13 at 2:28amWell, I think I am chasing some thing uncommon. I guess some where between natural and neutral. Not to much of both, but kinda just enough to make you want to listen forever. Shall try the UERM 1 day. Which is JH13 considered to be closer to natural or neutral? Anyone tried the new UM custom?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 113312/2/13 at 3:16pmThread StarterFuture Sonics is having a Cyber Monday sale!
Type MYMG6PRO over in the store at futuresonics.com and get 10% off a set of MG6Pro Ear Monitors.
The code MYMG5PRO gets you 5% off MG5Pro Ear Monitors.
Edited by Kunlun - 12/2/13 at 3:18pmpost #1053 of 113312/14/13 at 5:15pmpost #1054 of 113312/14/13 at 8:35pmThread Starterpost #1055 of 11331/23/14 at 7:36am
very nice, may i know if this is clear color? last i remembered, clear normally lean towards more of a cloudy white..
very surprised to see its like the typical acrylic clear with no bubbles..post #1056 of 11331/24/14 at 3:38pmThread StarterYes, that's definitely the clear color! I have a clear set and that's how it looks. It's just that Bwhli is a superior photographer! The other effects you mention are from unskilled photographers, the real appearance is what bwhli has captured.post #1057 of 11331/24/14 at 3:42pmpost #1058 of 11332/10/14 at 1:37am
It's my first time posting and I would just like to add on to my experience with purchasing the mg6pros.
I have used a pair of Livewire triple drivers in live stage environment and noticed that it does get fatiguing after a while and sometimes to keep timing on stage, we need to listen to the bass kick of the drum, in which the triple drivers seem to fall short, so to compensate, I end up turning up the volume on my monitors to "get more bass." This ends up in just over-doing the volumes and simply tired ears at the end of the day.
The triple drivers are great in terms of clarity but they had a rather narrow soundstage and I find myself trying to figure out if the track I was listening to was in mono..., not so obvious in a live stage environment where we are more concerned about pitch and timing. Well from my rather limited knowledge but more reading I realised that it's nothing uncommon in CIEMs.
For personal listening pleasure, I always gravitate towards dynamic drivers that somehow give better vocal presentation and better soundstage and just a deeper bass for the musicality of it. I'm someone who doesn't mind sibilance if I get clarity in the male/female vocal registers and a nice bass response without muddying up the lower mids. I really missed that in my BA triple drivers and I was on a hunt for dynamic CIEMs.
After reading Kunlun's detailed review (thanks for the honest review) I decided to just spend the money and get the mg6pros as opposed to toying around with another new CIEM startup company that would take 10 weeks for my CIEM to be made. Well after my impressions reached Futuresonics, I actually got my customs delivered in under 10 days. It's fantastic service and a well made product, I really can't ask for more.
Right out of the box, the sound from these mg6pros are simply what I have been looking for in customs. The soundstage doesn't feel so "in my head" as my previous ones, it's wider definitely but not like head cans. Nice sub-bass with clear punchy bass that doesn't muddy up the lower mix. Vocals are smooth and sit nicely in the mix without being overwhelmed by the high end sparkle without being "tinny". I guess my ear impressions were perfectly made because the mg6pros sit really nicely in my ear and I don't get leaks from jaw movements (singing) isolation is as what I'd expect. The seal from the perfect fit allows me to really feel the sub-bass AND vocals clearly without having to jack up the volumes. I can listen to them all day without the same fatigue I get from an hour with my previous custom triples BAs.
I have left my mg6pros to burn in over 90 hours since I got them and the frequency response across the mids to highs are nicely separated now, everything sounds more open and transparent. Lovely.
Here's hoping my mg6pros will last me a long long long time because I really enjoy the sound of these and I'm sure they will serve me well all all the stage work and occasional commute music enjoyment. :)post #1059 of 11332/10/14 at 6:06amWelcome waxall! And nice review.. Would be great to see some pictures of your monitors.. What colour did u choose?
If u do not have permission to post yet you can pm me the URL and I'll be happy to post them up!post #1060 of 11332/10/14 at 9:13pmThread Starterpost #1061 of 11332/10/14 at 10:03pmpost #1062 of 11332/11/14 at 4:09amQuote:Originally Posted by waxall
Buihia here's the picture I've uploaded to photobucket.
every one, these are brother waxall's ciem
simply stunning and well polished !
should be smoke plates and then the corresponding side colours
waxall mentioned he did it in this color as backstage is normally quite dark
thanks for sharing again waxall !post #1063 of 11332/12/14 at 8:00pmThread Starter
Nice picture, thanks for the assist buihia!
Here's a very nice MG6Pro review by our own bwhli!
He describes the MG6Pro just as I hear them. Good job, bwhli!post #1064 of 11332/13/14 at 8:34ampost #1065 of 11332/13/14 at 4:27pmQuote:
Yes please, looking forward to them
Also of the casing and the accessories too if you don't mind
Thanks!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 52 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo E700M - FOTM for September 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Omni w/ Darker Wood 3 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio Jomo4 by Zelda
- › Advanced Sound by Cinder
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sam 88
- › Fiil Diva Bluetooth, Noise Cancelling Headphones by Tom22
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by darober2
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...