Anyone here know how to DIY CIEM cable? I know the way make MG6pro sound even better. I need to try out first tho.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 2/16/11
- productFuture Sonics Ear Monitors with 13mm MG6pro Dynamic Driverstagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!) Last post on 6/19/11 at 1:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines too heavy? Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine questions Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 69post #1021 of 11331/30/13 at 8:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1022 of 11332/20/13 at 9:11am
**** - one of my vent plugs must have got snagged or something today as when I went to put them in my ears today I noticed the left monitor's one was gone. Can't find it anywhere grrrr. I used the biggest ones so it looks like I'll need to order another set. Doh. These are the one thing I'm a bit wary about with the MG6 Pros - the plugs fit fairly securely in the shells, but not secure enough that you couldn't pull one out by accident. :(post #1023 of 11332/20/13 at 9:55ampost #1024 of 11332/20/13 at 10:17ampost #1025 of 11332/20/13 at 10:19amThread Starterpost #1026 of 11332/20/13 at 1:06pmpost #1027 of 11332/20/13 at 2:04pm
I should've elaborated more.
I didn't mean fit the vents and then drill them
Neither did I mean hold a vent in your fingers and drill them with an electric drill - with silicone, it's likely to 'grab' and injure your fingers.
What I actually meant is put a fine drill bit, of the appropriate size (roughly 1.3mm or thereabouts?) into the chuck of any drill you have, and then, holding a silicone vent with your fingers (not attached to the CIEM), manually rotate it around the drillbit or manually rotate the drill chuck. Either way, no electrical rotation, just manual rotation using your hands/fingers.
OR, if you're very patient, you could sit and wait for an envelope to arrive from Philadelphia!
Edited by Mython - 2/20/13 at 2:05pmpost #1028 of 11332/20/13 at 2:13pmpost #1029 of 11332/20/13 at 3:10pm
Ironically, FS didn't supply any sealed vents (i.e. no holes) with mine, and I hate the whistling noise any time I'm walking and there's a stiff breeze.
Everyone has different preferences, I guess.post #1030 of 11332/20/13 at 4:38pm
I tend to use my other pair of CIEMs for commuting these days, just because I think the MG6 Pros seem to perform at their best when the drivers can breathe the most - it's fine for home/work though.post #1031 of 11332/21/13 at 11:04ampost #1032 of 11332/21/13 at 3:43pm
I have the SoundEar3's, which are from a newish UK company that are very local to me, I wrote a review the other week. Ultimate Hearing Protection Systems - their site is UtlimateEar but that's... well, you know, very close to Ultimate Ears and they're totally different companies.
They're quite different to my FS's. They're not as 'open' sounding (I listen to the MG6 Pros with the biggest vents), and lack that ridiculous bass feel, although they still reproduce the lowest tones in music I have. The silicone isolates way better in noisy environments though and they're perhaps a little more sparkly in the highs. Being BA driver, they're also more 'BA sounding' in terms of separation of everything, where as the Futuresonics remind me slightly more of full size speakers in their reproduction. The SE3's are a little warmer/funner too, I think. I want to try my MG6 Pros with a Silver Poison cable as well and compare again. The SE3s don't have a removable cable.... er... they go in a lot deeper into my ear too and seal fully, the FS's are a perfect fit, but don't go right down into your ear or vacuum seal.
For travelling I prefer the SE3 as the MG6 Pros sound can't be enjoyed as much when you get wind noise from the Tube even when music is playing. This might be mitigated by using smaller/sealed vents, but I don't like changing them as IMO the more you swap them out, the more likely you are to lose them lol.post #1033 of 11332/21/13 at 4:07pmQuote:
No, I can confirm that even the smallest vents still suffer badly from wind noise.
I'm going to seal my vents with silicone, just as soon as I get around to it.
Edited by Mython - 2/21/13 at 4:28pmpost #1034 of 11334/8/13 at 11:31pmpost #1035 of 11335/20/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Perhaps it depends on how loudly you listen to them, to drown out the sound of the wind
With a username like 'DeepBass', I'm guessing you listen fairly loudly.
I, on the other hand, do not listen loudly (and I'm not alone in doing this - Average_Joe listens to his CIEMs quietly, too, although he doesn't happen to own MG6 Pro).
I went ahead and sealed my MG6Pros and they've been much better for being sealed, in terms of wind noise, but I look forward to the coming months when I can finally replace them with another CIEM. MG6 Pro has not been a happy purchase for me, on several levels.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › Star Citizen 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 5 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 9 minutes ago
- › Best gaming mice 10 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 12 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 13 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 14 minutes ago
- › MassDrop x Hifiman RE00: Reincarnation of the Legend - Impression... 14 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 15 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...