Anyone here know how to DIY CIEM cable? I know the way make MG6pro sound even better. I need to try out first tho.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 2/16/11
- productFuture Sonics Ear Monitors with 13mm MG6pro Dynamic Driverstagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!) Last post on 6/19/11 at 1:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines too heavy? Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine questions Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 7/6/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 69post #1021 of 11321/30/13 at 8:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1022 of 11322/20/13 at 9:11am
**** - one of my vent plugs must have got snagged or something today as when I went to put them in my ears today I noticed the left monitor's one was gone. Can't find it anywhere grrrr. I used the biggest ones so it looks like I'll need to order another set. Doh. These are the one thing I'm a bit wary about with the MG6 Pros - the plugs fit fairly securely in the shells, but not secure enough that you couldn't pull one out by accident. :(post #1023 of 11322/20/13 at 9:55ampost #1024 of 11322/20/13 at 10:17ampost #1025 of 11322/20/13 at 10:19amThread Starterpost #1026 of 11322/20/13 at 1:06pmpost #1027 of 11322/20/13 at 2:04pm
I should've elaborated more.
I didn't mean fit the vents and then drill them
Neither did I mean hold a vent in your fingers and drill them with an electric drill - with silicone, it's likely to 'grab' and injure your fingers.
What I actually meant is put a fine drill bit, of the appropriate size (roughly 1.3mm or thereabouts?) into the chuck of any drill you have, and then, holding a silicone vent with your fingers (not attached to the CIEM), manually rotate it around the drillbit or manually rotate the drill chuck. Either way, no electrical rotation, just manual rotation using your hands/fingers.
OR, if you're very patient, you could sit and wait for an envelope to arrive from Philadelphia!
Edited by Mython - 2/20/13 at 2:05pmpost #1028 of 11322/20/13 at 2:13pmpost #1029 of 11322/20/13 at 3:10pm
Ironically, FS didn't supply any sealed vents (i.e. no holes) with mine, and I hate the whistling noise any time I'm walking and there's a stiff breeze.
Everyone has different preferences, I guess.post #1030 of 11322/20/13 at 4:38pm
I tend to use my other pair of CIEMs for commuting these days, just because I think the MG6 Pros seem to perform at their best when the drivers can breathe the most - it's fine for home/work though.post #1031 of 11322/21/13 at 11:04ampost #1032 of 11322/21/13 at 3:43pm
I have the SoundEar3's, which are from a newish UK company that are very local to me, I wrote a review the other week. Ultimate Hearing Protection Systems - their site is UtlimateEar but that's... well, you know, very close to Ultimate Ears and they're totally different companies.
They're quite different to my FS's. They're not as 'open' sounding (I listen to the MG6 Pros with the biggest vents), and lack that ridiculous bass feel, although they still reproduce the lowest tones in music I have. The silicone isolates way better in noisy environments though and they're perhaps a little more sparkly in the highs. Being BA driver, they're also more 'BA sounding' in terms of separation of everything, where as the Futuresonics remind me slightly more of full size speakers in their reproduction. The SE3's are a little warmer/funner too, I think. I want to try my MG6 Pros with a Silver Poison cable as well and compare again. The SE3s don't have a removable cable.... er... they go in a lot deeper into my ear too and seal fully, the FS's are a perfect fit, but don't go right down into your ear or vacuum seal.
For travelling I prefer the SE3 as the MG6 Pros sound can't be enjoyed as much when you get wind noise from the Tube even when music is playing. This might be mitigated by using smaller/sealed vents, but I don't like changing them as IMO the more you swap them out, the more likely you are to lose them lol.post #1033 of 11322/21/13 at 4:07pmQuote:
No, I can confirm that even the smallest vents still suffer badly from wind noise.
I'm going to seal my vents with silicone, just as soon as I get around to it.
Edited by Mython - 2/21/13 at 4:28pmpost #1034 of 11324/8/13 at 11:31pmpost #1035 of 11325/20/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Perhaps it depends on how loudly you listen to them, to drown out the sound of the wind
With a username like 'DeepBass', I'm guessing you listen fairly loudly.
I, on the other hand, do not listen loudly (and I'm not alone in doing this - Average_Joe listens to his CIEMs quietly, too, although he doesn't happen to own MG6 Pro).
I went ahead and sealed my MG6Pros and they've been much better for being sealed, in terms of wind noise, but I look forward to the coming months when I can finally replace them with another CIEM. MG6 Pro has not been a happy purchase for me, on several levels.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Three Word Story 19 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 40 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 5 minutes ago
- › Isolating cans: DT 770 32ohm or Custom One Pro ? 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 8 minutes ago
- › Finding a DAC for the Cavalli Liquid Carbon. Only Four Months to Go. 8 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3