Anyone here know how to DIY CIEM cable? I know the way make MG6pro sound even better. I need to try out first tho.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCablestagged by System, 3/29/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 2/16/11
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 2/16/11
- productFuture Sonics Ear Monitors with 13mm MG6pro Dynamic Driverstagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMonster Turbine In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/29/11
Related Forum Threads
- Future Sonics Custom Dynamic Driver MG6pro. What the wha...?! (Now with reviews!) Last post on 6/19/11 at 1:01am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbines too heavy? Last post on 10/7/11 at 7:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine questions Last post on 10/4/11 at 6:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How To Create An Ultra Custom JH Audio IEM Cable Last post on 5/8/12 at 1:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Hi End Cables
Last edited: 1/8/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
[Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors - Page 69post #1021 of 11331/30/13 at 8:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1022 of 11332/20/13 at 9:11am
**** - one of my vent plugs must have got snagged or something today as when I went to put them in my ears today I noticed the left monitor's one was gone. Can't find it anywhere grrrr. I used the biggest ones so it looks like I'll need to order another set. Doh. These are the one thing I'm a bit wary about with the MG6 Pros - the plugs fit fairly securely in the shells, but not secure enough that you couldn't pull one out by accident. :(post #1023 of 11332/20/13 at 9:55ampost #1024 of 11332/20/13 at 10:17ampost #1025 of 11332/20/13 at 10:19amThread Starterpost #1026 of 11332/20/13 at 1:06pmpost #1027 of 11332/20/13 at 2:04pm
I should've elaborated more.
I didn't mean fit the vents and then drill them
Neither did I mean hold a vent in your fingers and drill them with an electric drill - with silicone, it's likely to 'grab' and injure your fingers.
What I actually meant is put a fine drill bit, of the appropriate size (roughly 1.3mm or thereabouts?) into the chuck of any drill you have, and then, holding a silicone vent with your fingers (not attached to the CIEM), manually rotate it around the drillbit or manually rotate the drill chuck. Either way, no electrical rotation, just manual rotation using your hands/fingers.
OR, if you're very patient, you could sit and wait for an envelope to arrive from Philadelphia!
Edited by Mython - 2/20/13 at 2:05pmpost #1028 of 11332/20/13 at 2:13pmpost #1029 of 11332/20/13 at 3:10pm
Ironically, FS didn't supply any sealed vents (i.e. no holes) with mine, and I hate the whistling noise any time I'm walking and there's a stiff breeze.
Everyone has different preferences, I guess.post #1030 of 11332/20/13 at 4:38pm
I tend to use my other pair of CIEMs for commuting these days, just because I think the MG6 Pros seem to perform at their best when the drivers can breathe the most - it's fine for home/work though.post #1031 of 11332/21/13 at 11:04ampost #1032 of 11332/21/13 at 3:43pm
I have the SoundEar3's, which are from a newish UK company that are very local to me, I wrote a review the other week. Ultimate Hearing Protection Systems - their site is UtlimateEar but that's... well, you know, very close to Ultimate Ears and they're totally different companies.
They're quite different to my FS's. They're not as 'open' sounding (I listen to the MG6 Pros with the biggest vents), and lack that ridiculous bass feel, although they still reproduce the lowest tones in music I have. The silicone isolates way better in noisy environments though and they're perhaps a little more sparkly in the highs. Being BA driver, they're also more 'BA sounding' in terms of separation of everything, where as the Futuresonics remind me slightly more of full size speakers in their reproduction. The SE3's are a little warmer/funner too, I think. I want to try my MG6 Pros with a Silver Poison cable as well and compare again. The SE3s don't have a removable cable.... er... they go in a lot deeper into my ear too and seal fully, the FS's are a perfect fit, but don't go right down into your ear or vacuum seal.
For travelling I prefer the SE3 as the MG6 Pros sound can't be enjoyed as much when you get wind noise from the Tube even when music is playing. This might be mitigated by using smaller/sealed vents, but I don't like changing them as IMO the more you swap them out, the more likely you are to lose them lol.post #1033 of 11332/21/13 at 4:07pmQuote:
No, I can confirm that even the smallest vents still suffer badly from wind noise.
I'm going to seal my vents with silicone, just as soon as I get around to it.
Edited by Mython - 2/21/13 at 4:28pmpost #1034 of 11334/8/13 at 11:31pmpost #1035 of 11335/20/13 at 4:03amQuote:
Perhaps it depends on how loudly you listen to them, to drown out the sound of the wind
With a username like 'DeepBass', I'm guessing you listen fairly loudly.
I, on the other hand, do not listen loudly (and I'm not alone in doing this - Average_Joe listens to his CIEMs quietly, too, although he doesn't happen to own MG6 Pro).
I went ahead and sealed my MG6Pros and they've been much better for being sealed, in terms of wind noise, but I look forward to the coming months when I can finally replace them with another CIEM. MG6 Pro has not been a happy purchase for me, on several levels.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Future Sonics MG6PRO Ear Monitors: Dynamic Driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitors
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 1 second ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 25 seconds ago
- › Interesting issue with my Sennheiser HD cans 30 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › VE RUNABOUT Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...