- 114 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMiles Davis Seven Steps to Heaventagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8i Ear Canal Headsettagged by System, 2/16/11
- productUltimate Ears MetroFi 220 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- My First IEM Last post on 1/13/12 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 advice Last post on 2/16/12 at 12:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Copper or Monster Turbine Pro Miles Davis Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphone graph Last post on 10/18/11 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ultimate ears vs klipsch Last post on 10/17/11 at 5:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
How do you use your multiple IEMs
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I have graduated from weekly and monthly rotation, now in quarter-year. j/k
I have too many IEM to do any meaningful rotation so I just keep some of my favorite close and randomly listen to others from time to time.
I plug them all in and make them one big ear-bud
Ok, for real, they have appointed tasks, lol. Since the copper's sound great at moderate levels and isolate very well, they go with me pretty much everywhere I go (stays in my coat pocket). The Miles Davis pair stay at home because they are better played at lower volumes. My metro.fi 220's go to the gym since they were cheap and sound good; and my triple.fi's are a little of everything(sometimes I take them with me, sometimes I listen to them at home). Although if the reshell turns out well, I'll be using them a lot more
Pretty much this. Though at times, with IEMs that have vastly different sound signatures, I'd rotate between genres as well.
My PFE's sit in a box...my IE8's are with my basshead friend and I use my UM Miracles every day!...haha...
Sometimes when i visit my friend I listen to some RnB with the bass dials wound to full and the Headstage Arrow on bass II setting...then i get tired after 20 seconds and go back to my now anemic sounding Miracles.
Phonak PFE for in bed/sleeping at low volume
Westone 3 for away from home (secondary)
Ortofon e-Q7 for away from home (primary)
Etymotic ER4P for rare home use/critical listening & evaluation
For me, it's rather easy. The M50s stay at home because of its size, weight restrictions. The SE535s stay at home because of its price tag and I don't want to risk damaging them. And I take the M6s outside because they're cheap, isolate ambient noise well, and sound good. The cheaper stuff like my MX580s and Marshmallows usually are for lending or just short listening sessions where I don't want to bother with looping cords over my ears (watching YouTube videos).
Between the M50s and SE535s which stay at home, I decide which one to use based on what I'm going to use them for. M50s for movies, SE535s for music is what I generally do.
Triple-Fi stays at home. I carry Monster Turbines and Bose IE with me in my netbook case and use them based on the need for isolation or for no isolation. I have a set of Meelec M2s in the car as my "never get caught without phones" backup. I use either the V-moda Bass Freq or the EP-630 for listening as I am falling asleep as both are very shallow and emphasize bass so they still sound full at low levels. I mow the lawn with Marshmallows or Q:Electronics.
SM3 stays at home, Custom 3 usually go out with me, M1 and KSC75 are for work and the Meelec M6 (strength training) and ATH-CKP300 (cardio) are for working out
My MX-760 (earbuds) is for bed/sleep listening. MS1i stays at home for occasional listening. M9 is for loud work situations like grass cutting, vacuuming, etc.
HF5 goes with me everywhere else, which is 90-95% of my listening.
I use my jays a-jays most of the time outside of the house due to them being fairly cheap while effectively isolating and not sounding too bad,
my jvc ha fx-66 i use for excercising because of the increased comfort levels and they stay in my ears better than the jays.
When i can i listen to my UE SuperFi 5 as they are my superiour iem but as it is with these things they are the ones with the superior price tag, so they are used for home listening mostly but i do use them in bed and they are always my first choice on long journeys.
I do sometimes swap between my UE and Jays for the type of track i listen to as i find IMO the jays amount of bass makes some tracks sound better but the UE i use for 80% of my IEM listening.
I tend to rotate between a few different IEMs and headphones, depending on my mood.
Some days I favor my Triple.Fis, some days I want the full, lush midrange of my RE-262s. Some days I listen to my RE0s, which got me into this whole high end audio thing in the first place. Some days I want the beautiful acoustic presentation of the Thinksound TS02s and some days I like the thunderous bass offered by the NE-700x. All depends on my mood.
Right now, I'm listening to my Triple.Fis but I'll probably end up switching later today.
- How do you use your multiple IEMs
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 35 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 46 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Why would I need a DAC? 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 5 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Head-Fidentification! 6 minutes ago
- › Hybrid IEM comparison requested: Astrotec AX60, DUNU DN1000, TPEOS... 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital