- 131 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMiles Davis Seven Steps to Heaventagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8i Ear Canal Headsettagged by System, 2/16/11
- productUltimate Ears MetroFi 220 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- My First IEM Last post on 1/13/12 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 advice Last post on 2/16/12 at 12:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Copper or Monster Turbine Pro Miles Davis Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphone graph Last post on 10/18/11 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ultimate ears vs klipsch Last post on 10/17/11 at 5:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
How do you use your multiple IEMspost #1 of 192/15/11 at 7:18pmThread StarterYou can't use more than one set at a time so how do you do it? On a weekly rotation? Based on the music genre? For me it's rather arbitrary.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 192/15/11 at 7:41pm
I have graduated from weekly and monthly rotation, now in quarter-year. j/k
I have too many IEM to do any meaningful rotation so I just keep some of my favorite close and randomly listen to others from time to time.post #3 of 192/15/11 at 10:17pm
I plug them all in and make them one big ear-bud
Ok, for real, they have appointed tasks, lol. Since the copper's sound great at moderate levels and isolate very well, they go with me pretty much everywhere I go (stays in my coat pocket). The Miles Davis pair stay at home because they are better played at lower volumes. My metro.fi 220's go to the gym since they were cheap and sound good; and my triple.fi's are a little of everything(sometimes I take them with me, sometimes I listen to them at home). Although if the reshell turns out well, I'll be using them a lot morepost #4 of 192/15/11 at 10:55pmQuote:
Pretty much this. Though at times, with IEMs that have vastly different sound signatures, I'd rotate between genres as well.post #5 of 192/15/11 at 11:03pm
My PFE's sit in a box...my IE8's are with my basshead friend and I use my UM Miracles every day!...haha...
Sometimes when i visit my friend I listen to some RnB with the bass dials wound to full and the Headstage Arrow on bass II setting...then i get tired after 20 seconds and go back to my now anemic sounding Miracles.post #6 of 192/16/11 at 3:03ampost #7 of 192/16/11 at 4:22ampost #8 of 192/16/11 at 4:30am
Phonak PFE for in bed/sleeping at low volume
Westone 3 for away from home (secondary)
Ortofon e-Q7 for away from home (primary)
Etymotic ER4P for rare home use/critical listening & evaluationpost #9 of 192/16/11 at 4:40am
For me, it's rather easy. The M50s stay at home because of its size, weight restrictions. The SE535s stay at home because of its price tag and I don't want to risk damaging them. And I take the M6s outside because they're cheap, isolate ambient noise well, and sound good. The cheaper stuff like my MX580s and Marshmallows usually are for lending or just short listening sessions where I don't want to bother with looping cords over my ears (watching YouTube videos).
Between the M50s and SE535s which stay at home, I decide which one to use based on what I'm going to use them for. M50s for movies, SE535s for music is what I generally do.post #10 of 192/16/11 at 4:56ampost #11 of 192/16/11 at 5:38am
Triple-Fi stays at home. I carry Monster Turbines and Bose IE with me in my netbook case and use them based on the need for isolation or for no isolation. I have a set of Meelec M2s in the car as my "never get caught without phones" backup. I use either the V-moda Bass Freq or the EP-630 for listening as I am falling asleep as both are very shallow and emphasize bass so they still sound full at low levels. I mow the lawn with Marshmallows or Q:Electronics.post #12 of 192/16/11 at 6:46am
SM3 stays at home, Custom 3 usually go out with me, M1 and KSC75 are for work and the Meelec M6 (strength training) and ATH-CKP300 (cardio) are for working outpost #13 of 192/16/11 at 7:37am
My MX-760 (earbuds) is for bed/sleep listening. MS1i stays at home for occasional listening. M9 is for loud work situations like grass cutting, vacuuming, etc.
HF5 goes with me everywhere else, which is 90-95% of my listening.post #14 of 192/18/11 at 8:53am
I use my jays a-jays most of the time outside of the house due to them being fairly cheap while effectively isolating and not sounding too bad,
my jvc ha fx-66 i use for excercising because of the increased comfort levels and they stay in my ears better than the jays.
When i can i listen to my UE SuperFi 5 as they are my superiour iem but as it is with these things they are the ones with the superior price tag, so they are used for home listening mostly but i do use them in bed and they are always my first choice on long journeys.
I do sometimes swap between my UE and Jays for the type of track i listen to as i find IMO the jays amount of bass makes some tracks sound better but the UE i use for 80% of my IEM listening.post #15 of 192/18/11 at 9:26am
I tend to rotate between a few different IEMs and headphones, depending on my mood.
Some days I favor my Triple.Fis, some days I want the full, lush midrange of my RE-262s. Some days I listen to my RE0s, which got me into this whole high end audio thing in the first place. Some days I want the beautiful acoustic presentation of the Thinksound TS02s and some days I like the thunderous bass offered by the NE-700x. All depends on my mood.
Right now, I'm listening to my Triple.Fis but I'll probably end up switching later today.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- How do you use your multiple IEMs
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 1 second ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Koss HV/A1 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex / Denon Ear Pads - Like New (less than 5 hours) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear