- 126 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Connecticut, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productMiles Davis Seven Steps to Heaventagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8i Ear Canal Headsettagged by System, 2/16/11
- productUltimate Ears MetroFi 220 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- My First IEM Last post on 1/13/12 at 9:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 advice Last post on 2/16/12 at 12:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine Pro Copper or Monster Turbine Pro Miles Davis Last post on 1/3/12 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphone graph Last post on 10/18/11 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ultimate ears vs klipsch Last post on 10/17/11 at 5:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Oriveti seems to be a rather obscure company, without any big breaks or long-running hype trains. They offer a single model that seems to be highly regarded, but hasn't really...
Background: The Audio-Technica CK10 is a dual BA IEM that was released in 2008, back then in those simpler times, CIEMs were a highly niche market, three BA drivers per ear was considered a lot,...
Focal Utopia Review Utopia - definition: An imagined state of things in which everything is perfect. My initial intention was just to write some detailed impressions, but throughout that...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I'd like to acknowledge Head-fier Ajaxander (Andy) and also Ken Ball from ALO/Campfire...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
How do you use your multiple IEMs
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have graduated from weekly and monthly rotation, now in quarter-year. j/k
I have too many IEM to do any meaningful rotation so I just keep some of my favorite close and randomly listen to others from time to time.
I plug them all in and make them one big ear-bud
Ok, for real, they have appointed tasks, lol. Since the copper's sound great at moderate levels and isolate very well, they go with me pretty much everywhere I go (stays in my coat pocket). The Miles Davis pair stay at home because they are better played at lower volumes. My metro.fi 220's go to the gym since they were cheap and sound good; and my triple.fi's are a little of everything(sometimes I take them with me, sometimes I listen to them at home). Although if the reshell turns out well, I'll be using them a lot more
Pretty much this. Though at times, with IEMs that have vastly different sound signatures, I'd rotate between genres as well.
My PFE's sit in a box...my IE8's are with my basshead friend and I use my UM Miracles every day!...haha...
Sometimes when i visit my friend I listen to some RnB with the bass dials wound to full and the Headstage Arrow on bass II setting...then i get tired after 20 seconds and go back to my now anemic sounding Miracles.
Phonak PFE for in bed/sleeping at low volume
Westone 3 for away from home (secondary)
Ortofon e-Q7 for away from home (primary)
Etymotic ER4P for rare home use/critical listening & evaluation
For me, it's rather easy. The M50s stay at home because of its size, weight restrictions. The SE535s stay at home because of its price tag and I don't want to risk damaging them. And I take the M6s outside because they're cheap, isolate ambient noise well, and sound good. The cheaper stuff like my MX580s and Marshmallows usually are for lending or just short listening sessions where I don't want to bother with looping cords over my ears (watching YouTube videos).
Between the M50s and SE535s which stay at home, I decide which one to use based on what I'm going to use them for. M50s for movies, SE535s for music is what I generally do.
Triple-Fi stays at home. I carry Monster Turbines and Bose IE with me in my netbook case and use them based on the need for isolation or for no isolation. I have a set of Meelec M2s in the car as my "never get caught without phones" backup. I use either the V-moda Bass Freq or the EP-630 for listening as I am falling asleep as both are very shallow and emphasize bass so they still sound full at low levels. I mow the lawn with Marshmallows or Q:Electronics.
SM3 stays at home, Custom 3 usually go out with me, M1 and KSC75 are for work and the Meelec M6 (strength training) and ATH-CKP300 (cardio) are for working out
My MX-760 (earbuds) is for bed/sleep listening. MS1i stays at home for occasional listening. M9 is for loud work situations like grass cutting, vacuuming, etc.
HF5 goes with me everywhere else, which is 90-95% of my listening.
I use my jays a-jays most of the time outside of the house due to them being fairly cheap while effectively isolating and not sounding too bad,
my jvc ha fx-66 i use for excercising because of the increased comfort levels and they stay in my ears better than the jays.
When i can i listen to my UE SuperFi 5 as they are my superiour iem but as it is with these things they are the ones with the superior price tag, so they are used for home listening mostly but i do use them in bed and they are always my first choice on long journeys.
I do sometimes swap between my UE and Jays for the type of track i listen to as i find IMO the jays amount of bass makes some tracks sound better but the UE i use for 80% of my IEM listening.
I tend to rotate between a few different IEMs and headphones, depending on my mood.
Some days I favor my Triple.Fis, some days I want the full, lush midrange of my RE-262s. Some days I listen to my RE0s, which got me into this whole high end audio thing in the first place. Some days I want the beautiful acoustic presentation of the Thinksound TS02s and some days I like the thunderous bass offered by the NE-700x. All depends on my mood.
Right now, I'm listening to my Triple.Fis but I'll probably end up switching later today.
- How do you use your multiple IEMs
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 46 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 58 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 2 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sonic Orbiter 4 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 4 minutes ago
- › RHA MA750i by meetpatel3686
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY - Whole Aluminium Body, Triple Drivers Hybrid 2... by ustinj
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphones by mrstrangeguy
- › Focal Utopia by x RELIC x
- › Campfire Audio Nova by Brooko
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...