what do you guys think, comfort is huge in what i am going to buy as well as bass.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphone for rap and hip-hop!! Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- hd 448 vs shure 440 bass Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 780 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
T-PEOS H-100II Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/726296/t-peos-h-100ii-review-by-mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Brief: Crazy cheap detail monsters,...
My privileged Yulong adventure started several years ago with the highly regarded D100. At the time I owned the $2500usd Antelope zodiac+ so it really was just a bit of fun to see what all the hype...
Review to come when i have some time. Bottom line is, if you can pick these up on sale, they are a good buy for what they are. They are fairly comfortable, have ample bass which sadly lacks a...
Okay, these are my thoughts after a few hours. I recognize that's it's only been a few hours, but my opinion rarely changes with additional time. Initial Impressions: As has been...
I recently parted with my V-Moda Crossfade M-100 DJ Headphones and decided to move into something new. I had heard a lot about the Sennheiser HD 8 DJ and had a chance to own a pair for a Discount...
m50's vs studio beatspost #1 of 402/15/11 at 7:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 402/15/11 at 7:25pmpost #3 of 402/15/11 at 7:52pmQuote:
You'll get both with the Beats. Not much else though and the bass will be garbage.post #4 of 402/15/11 at 8:40pm
The bass of the M50 comes nowhere NEAR the bass of the beats. Since you're already in that price range though there are a few others that will suffice. The HFI-580 has a bit more bass than the M50. The Phiaton MS400 has more bass than the 580. The Denon-1100 also are said to have a lot of bass. The V-Moda Crossfade has more bass than the MS400 and they look prettyy sweet. Those are all under $200 though, there might be even better to be had if you want to go higher though. If you want as much (or a bit less) bass as the beats though, the M50 is not your stop.
EDIT: Haha almost forgot to add this. Don't even consider buying the beats. Terrible build quality and you can get the same or even better headphones for around half the price. Just telling you that before you get a sh** storm of comments from everyone saying how bad the beats are. The big bass is nice for hip hop, but for $300, no way.post #5 of 402/15/11 at 8:47pmpost #6 of 402/15/11 at 8:53pm
Meh, debatable. But the 580 do have punchier/more bass than the M50. It's hard to say one has better bass than the other because better can mean many things. I simply said more bass which seems to be something the OP wants. You must agree that the M50 bass is nowhere near the amount the beats have. Because of that I don't see them being a very good fit.
post #7 of 402/15/11 at 8:55pmpost #8 of 402/15/11 at 8:56pmpost #9 of 402/16/11 at 4:18amThread Starterpost #10 of 402/16/11 at 5:03am
Sony XB500 or XB700 (XB700 may want some amping, XB500 doesn't). Bass and comfort defined (bassiest and comfiest), I'd buy one of those, XB500 if you don't plan on using an amp, otherwise maybe XB700 because XB700 can be comfier due to bigger circumference for some people, then bring it to your friends house and give him a shock as the 4x cheaper headphones sound better than his Beats and hopefully we'd end up saving 1 monster-infected person in the process.
If you want something with better style, V-Moda Crossfades, they are also very comfy and have a lot of bass, for the price unless buying at special bargains isn't very good though but they'd deliver what you asked for. Phiaton MS400 if you want a bit better overall sound quality in change for slightly less bass.post #11 of 402/16/11 at 7:30am
This was recently posted in the Non-audiophile reactions thread... It could be of some use to you...
Non-audiophile take on Beats vs M50s.
My take is that the M50s have controlled but punchy bass. The Beats are more muddy and less accurate, albeit very strong. I feel like the Beats also color the music far too much for my liking, which is why it bothers me so that Best Buy has them hooked up to their DJ stations... Beats is exactly the kind of headphone you DON'T want for that.post #12 of 402/16/11 at 7:42ampost #13 of 402/16/11 at 8:49ampost #14 of 402/16/11 at 8:51amQuote:
Be prepared...if you think the Beats sounded good and then you try some real headphones, your head is likely to explode.post #15 of 402/16/11 at 2:18pm
I compared several different headphones in the $200 to $300 price range before buying including the Beats and M50s. Though I got them for much less $200I bought the M50s. Amazing headphones, better than the Beats.
- m50's vs studio beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome everyone! Let's introduce ourselves! :) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & comparisons (Added K3003, XBA-H3, S-EM6) 5 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by DJPhiltheThrill
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Cachicamo
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by kman1211
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by TrollDragon
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kman1211
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by MarcadoStalker7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)