what do you guys think, comfort is huge in what i am going to buy as well as bass.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphone for rap and hip-hop!! Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- hd 448 vs shure 440 bass Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 780 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
m50's vs studio beatspost #1 of 402/15/11 at 7:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 402/15/11 at 7:25pmpost #3 of 402/15/11 at 7:52pmQuote:
You'll get both with the Beats. Not much else though and the bass will be garbage.post #4 of 402/15/11 at 8:40pm
The bass of the M50 comes nowhere NEAR the bass of the beats. Since you're already in that price range though there are a few others that will suffice. The HFI-580 has a bit more bass than the M50. The Phiaton MS400 has more bass than the 580. The Denon-1100 also are said to have a lot of bass. The V-Moda Crossfade has more bass than the MS400 and they look prettyy sweet. Those are all under $200 though, there might be even better to be had if you want to go higher though. If you want as much (or a bit less) bass as the beats though, the M50 is not your stop.
EDIT: Haha almost forgot to add this. Don't even consider buying the beats. Terrible build quality and you can get the same or even better headphones for around half the price. Just telling you that before you get a sh** storm of comments from everyone saying how bad the beats are. The big bass is nice for hip hop, but for $300, no way.post #5 of 402/15/11 at 8:47pmpost #6 of 402/15/11 at 8:53pm
Meh, debatable. But the 580 do have punchier/more bass than the M50. It's hard to say one has better bass than the other because better can mean many things. I simply said more bass which seems to be something the OP wants. You must agree that the M50 bass is nowhere near the amount the beats have. Because of that I don't see them being a very good fit.
post #7 of 402/15/11 at 8:55pmpost #8 of 402/15/11 at 8:56pmpost #9 of 402/16/11 at 4:18amThread Starterpost #10 of 402/16/11 at 5:03am
Sony XB500 or XB700 (XB700 may want some amping, XB500 doesn't). Bass and comfort defined (bassiest and comfiest), I'd buy one of those, XB500 if you don't plan on using an amp, otherwise maybe XB700 because XB700 can be comfier due to bigger circumference for some people, then bring it to your friends house and give him a shock as the 4x cheaper headphones sound better than his Beats and hopefully we'd end up saving 1 monster-infected person in the process.
If you want something with better style, V-Moda Crossfades, they are also very comfy and have a lot of bass, for the price unless buying at special bargains isn't very good though but they'd deliver what you asked for. Phiaton MS400 if you want a bit better overall sound quality in change for slightly less bass.post #11 of 402/16/11 at 7:30am
This was recently posted in the Non-audiophile reactions thread... It could be of some use to you...
Non-audiophile take on Beats vs M50s.
My take is that the M50s have controlled but punchy bass. The Beats are more muddy and less accurate, albeit very strong. I feel like the Beats also color the music far too much for my liking, which is why it bothers me so that Best Buy has them hooked up to their DJ stations... Beats is exactly the kind of headphone you DON'T want for that.post #12 of 402/16/11 at 7:42ampost #13 of 402/16/11 at 8:49ampost #14 of 402/16/11 at 8:51amQuote:
Be prepared...if you think the Beats sounded good and then you try some real headphones, your head is likely to explode.post #15 of 402/16/11 at 2:18pm
I compared several different headphones in the $200 to $300 price range before buying including the Beats and M50s. Though I got them for much less $200I bought the M50s. Amazing headphones, better than the Beats.
- m50's vs studio beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 30 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 58 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 2 minutes ago
- › Neurochrome HP-1: Ultra-High End Headphone Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear