what do you guys think, comfort is huge in what i am going to buy as well as bass.
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- productDenon AH-D1100tagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productPhiaton MS 400 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- headphone for rap and hip-hop!! Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- hd 448 vs shure 440 bass Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone HFI 780 Last post on 10/31/11 at 9:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Ultrasone 580 vs Denon 1100 vs Ath M50 vs Ath Pro 700 MK2 Last post on 5/15/12 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Rock Jaw is an audio hardware company based in Britain. Owing true to the legacy of their fore-bearers, Rock Jaw continues to engineer great audio hardware. The Alfa Genus V2 is no exception....
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
m50's vs studio beatspost #1 of 402/15/11 at 7:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 402/15/11 at 7:25pmpost #3 of 402/15/11 at 7:52pmQuote:
You'll get both with the Beats. Not much else though and the bass will be garbage.post #4 of 402/15/11 at 8:40pm
The bass of the M50 comes nowhere NEAR the bass of the beats. Since you're already in that price range though there are a few others that will suffice. The HFI-580 has a bit more bass than the M50. The Phiaton MS400 has more bass than the 580. The Denon-1100 also are said to have a lot of bass. The V-Moda Crossfade has more bass than the MS400 and they look prettyy sweet. Those are all under $200 though, there might be even better to be had if you want to go higher though. If you want as much (or a bit less) bass as the beats though, the M50 is not your stop.
EDIT: Haha almost forgot to add this. Don't even consider buying the beats. Terrible build quality and you can get the same or even better headphones for around half the price. Just telling you that before you get a sh** storm of comments from everyone saying how bad the beats are. The big bass is nice for hip hop, but for $300, no way.post #5 of 402/15/11 at 8:47pmpost #6 of 402/15/11 at 8:53pm
Meh, debatable. But the 580 do have punchier/more bass than the M50. It's hard to say one has better bass than the other because better can mean many things. I simply said more bass which seems to be something the OP wants. You must agree that the M50 bass is nowhere near the amount the beats have. Because of that I don't see them being a very good fit.
post #7 of 402/15/11 at 8:55pmpost #8 of 402/15/11 at 8:56pmpost #9 of 402/16/11 at 4:18amThread Starterpost #10 of 402/16/11 at 5:03am
Sony XB500 or XB700 (XB700 may want some amping, XB500 doesn't). Bass and comfort defined (bassiest and comfiest), I'd buy one of those, XB500 if you don't plan on using an amp, otherwise maybe XB700 because XB700 can be comfier due to bigger circumference for some people, then bring it to your friends house and give him a shock as the 4x cheaper headphones sound better than his Beats and hopefully we'd end up saving 1 monster-infected person in the process.
If you want something with better style, V-Moda Crossfades, they are also very comfy and have a lot of bass, for the price unless buying at special bargains isn't very good though but they'd deliver what you asked for. Phiaton MS400 if you want a bit better overall sound quality in change for slightly less bass.post #11 of 402/16/11 at 7:30am
This was recently posted in the Non-audiophile reactions thread... It could be of some use to you...
Non-audiophile take on Beats vs M50s.
My take is that the M50s have controlled but punchy bass. The Beats are more muddy and less accurate, albeit very strong. I feel like the Beats also color the music far too much for my liking, which is why it bothers me so that Best Buy has them hooked up to their DJ stations... Beats is exactly the kind of headphone you DON'T want for that.post #12 of 402/16/11 at 7:42ampost #13 of 402/16/11 at 8:49ampost #14 of 402/16/11 at 8:51amQuote:
Be prepared...if you think the Beats sounded good and then you try some real headphones, your head is likely to explode.post #15 of 402/16/11 at 2:18pm
I compared several different headphones in the $200 to $300 price range before buying including the Beats and M50s. Though I got them for much less $200I bought the M50s. Amazing headphones, better than the Beats.
- m50's vs studio beats
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 1 minute ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 1 minute ago
- › K340 KT88 mod guide :) 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by Cinder
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...