Are the J$ Pads or Lawton Audio Angle Pads compatible with the D1100? I want to replace the pads of my A100 which has same pads as D1000. How can I remove the D1100 pads? Is it the same system as in the D2000, D5000, D7000 with an plastic ring inside?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda lp vs lp2 Last post on 6/24/12 at 9:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/16/14 at 1:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Review: Denon AH-D1100 - Page 4post #46 of 7010/25/12 at 10:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7010/25/12 at 10:46amQuote:
They won't fit. The D1100 has foam rings in the earpads and all you have to do is pull them off. They snap in and out.post #48 of 7010/25/12 at 12:51pmpost #49 of 7010/26/12 at 2:47am
Also, just throwing this out there, but the pad material on the A100 is SLIGHTLY different and higher quality. The leather used is similar to that in Denons higher end headphones rather than the D1100.post #50 of 7011/13/12 at 5:31pm
I heard the Denon D1100 on a public demo unit in a major UK high street retail store and they had all the usual suspects on this unit they had the Denon D2000 right next to these, they had the Dre Beats of course directly opposite to these, and they had a few Sennheiser and also Bose headphones too plus a few brands I'd never heard of.
Although I liked the sound of the D2000 and LOVED the pure premium fit and feel of that headphone (and premium is the best word to use!) I have to be honest and say that most of the headphones I tried I instantly put down in disgust except for the D2000 which as I say I quite liked, but being completely honest the only headphone out of I'd say about 10 of them on this demo display that really blew me away was this Denon D1100!
The reason it blew me away was because straight away it was just so full sounding but good - the highs were good, the mids to me were great, the soundstage was nice and wide, the bass impact was visceral while the midbass seemed quite neutral to me so this really added a lot of kick to rock music and kick drums in general. The comfort was on another planet too! So light that you can hardly feel it, clamp so little you don't know it, and the earcup wells are deep enough that my ears don't touch the insides.
The only downside I could see was the build quality with the plastic arms. And because of this I couldn't justify the price. But I wanted a pair ever since and I'd find myself on my way home going by this store often times going back in for another listen. And it's always been the same story, my opinion did not change.
So they've been on my list for about 6 months now maybe more, and I finally ordered a pair the other day that should be with me hopefully tomorrow - for £ 40 delivered! I got them for a song, what a bargain!
I wasn't quite willing to pay just over £100 full price for them purely due to the build quality alone, but for £40 to the door I know I've got my bargain of the year!post #51 of 7012/15/12 at 6:17amThese Denon D1100 are some of the best sounding headphones under £70. Now they are even cheaper on ebay. Better sounding than the new D400 in term of sound quality and clarity. BARGAIN!
Cant believe they share the same driver as the A100 thats 499!post #52 of 7012/17/12 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by driveX
Hi, I just want to let people know that the construction of these is not so weak as some people say. Headband is made of metal and also the joint between headband and cups is made of brass. Only outside shell is made of plastic, so it should resistible for normal use. I also realized that it is very easy to disassemble them if you would like to re-cable them. You just need to remove ear-cups that are held on their place just by plastic hooks and then just unscrew 4 screws.
Hello, I got the cupholders replaced and it seems that they are revised and reinforced better now. I'll see in some time how do they resistpost #53 of 7012/17/12 at 11:25ampost #54 of 7012/17/12 at 3:02pmpost #55 of 7012/17/12 at 3:47pmQuote:
Yes, it should be fine.post #56 of 7012/20/12 at 12:35ampost #57 of 7012/20/12 at 1:36am
could it be, that denon changed something over time? mine are brand new (but alreadys burned in 50 hours) and are not that bassy at all. sure they have some weight on bass, but i would not call it boomy or overshadowing.post #58 of 7012/20/12 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lorspeaker
i just opened up the cups by unscrewing the 4 screws...
and doubleside-taped a 1 inch circular thin felt onto both the caps
think these felts were leftbehinds from my grado.. :P
The sound....bass is thumthackkthummthacck...i can feel the kicccck...instead of resonating loosely.
Venus by Bananarama hits so hardddd right this moment.
Looks like i do have a decent DENON canon to slug out onto the streets.
Give it a shot...only took me about 10mins.
I'd have to buy them again. It'd be my third pair. I might pick them up once more in the future, but if I had to own a D1100, it'd be the A100 anniversary version. Those wood cups....post #59 of 7012/21/12 at 3:05ampost #60 of 7012/28/12 at 11:34am
- Review: Denon AH-D1100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › How to clean Headphones Velours 18 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 48 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 4 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Roxanne Universal Fit for Noble Audio Kaiser 10 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Typhoon859
- › Future Sonics mg6pro by Kunlun
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by LeoTheAwesome
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by fxim
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)