Are the J$ Pads or Lawton Audio Angle Pads compatible with the D1100? I want to replace the pads of my A100 which has same pads as D1000. How can I remove the D1100 pads? Is it the same system as in the D2000, D5000, D7000 with an plastic ring inside?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda lp vs lp2 Last post on 6/24/12 at 9:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/22/15 at 3:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Review: Denon AH-D1100 - Page 4post #46 of 7010/25/12 at 10:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7010/25/12 at 10:46amQuote:
They won't fit. The D1100 has foam rings in the earpads and all you have to do is pull them off. They snap in and out.post #48 of 7010/25/12 at 12:51pmpost #49 of 7010/26/12 at 2:47am
Also, just throwing this out there, but the pad material on the A100 is SLIGHTLY different and higher quality. The leather used is similar to that in Denons higher end headphones rather than the D1100.post #50 of 7011/13/12 at 5:31pm
I heard the Denon D1100 on a public demo unit in a major UK high street retail store and they had all the usual suspects on this unit they had the Denon D2000 right next to these, they had the Dre Beats of course directly opposite to these, and they had a few Sennheiser and also Bose headphones too plus a few brands I'd never heard of.
Although I liked the sound of the D2000 and LOVED the pure premium fit and feel of that headphone (and premium is the best word to use!) I have to be honest and say that most of the headphones I tried I instantly put down in disgust except for the D2000 which as I say I quite liked, but being completely honest the only headphone out of I'd say about 10 of them on this demo display that really blew me away was this Denon D1100!
The reason it blew me away was because straight away it was just so full sounding but good - the highs were good, the mids to me were great, the soundstage was nice and wide, the bass impact was visceral while the midbass seemed quite neutral to me so this really added a lot of kick to rock music and kick drums in general. The comfort was on another planet too! So light that you can hardly feel it, clamp so little you don't know it, and the earcup wells are deep enough that my ears don't touch the insides.
The only downside I could see was the build quality with the plastic arms. And because of this I couldn't justify the price. But I wanted a pair ever since and I'd find myself on my way home going by this store often times going back in for another listen. And it's always been the same story, my opinion did not change.
So they've been on my list for about 6 months now maybe more, and I finally ordered a pair the other day that should be with me hopefully tomorrow - for £ 40 delivered! I got them for a song, what a bargain!
I wasn't quite willing to pay just over £100 full price for them purely due to the build quality alone, but for £40 to the door I know I've got my bargain of the year!post #51 of 7012/15/12 at 6:17amThese Denon D1100 are some of the best sounding headphones under £70. Now they are even cheaper on ebay. Better sounding than the new D400 in term of sound quality and clarity. BARGAIN!
Cant believe they share the same driver as the A100 thats 499!post #52 of 7012/17/12 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by driveX
Hi, I just want to let people know that the construction of these is not so weak as some people say. Headband is made of metal and also the joint between headband and cups is made of brass. Only outside shell is made of plastic, so it should resistible for normal use. I also realized that it is very easy to disassemble them if you would like to re-cable them. You just need to remove ear-cups that are held on their place just by plastic hooks and then just unscrew 4 screws.
Hello, I got the cupholders replaced and it seems that they are revised and reinforced better now. I'll see in some time how do they resistpost #53 of 7012/17/12 at 11:25ampost #54 of 7012/17/12 at 3:02pmpost #55 of 7012/17/12 at 3:47pmQuote:
Yes, it should be fine.post #56 of 7012/20/12 at 12:35ampost #57 of 7012/20/12 at 1:36am
could it be, that denon changed something over time? mine are brand new (but alreadys burned in 50 hours) and are not that bassy at all. sure they have some weight on bass, but i would not call it boomy or overshadowing.post #58 of 7012/20/12 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lorspeaker
i just opened up the cups by unscrewing the 4 screws...
and doubleside-taped a 1 inch circular thin felt onto both the caps
think these felts were leftbehinds from my grado.. :P
The sound....bass is thumthackkthummthacck...i can feel the kicccck...instead of resonating loosely.
Venus by Bananarama hits so hardddd right this moment.
Looks like i do have a decent DENON canon to slug out onto the streets.
Give it a shot...only took me about 10mins.
I'd have to buy them again. It'd be my third pair. I might pick them up once more in the future, but if I had to own a D1100, it'd be the A100 anniversary version. Those wood cups....post #59 of 7012/21/12 at 3:05ampost #60 of 7012/28/12 at 11:34am
- Review: Denon AH-D1100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3