Are the J$ Pads or Lawton Audio Angle Pads compatible with the D1100? I want to replace the pads of my A100 which has same pads as D1000. How can I remove the D1100 pads? Is it the same system as in the D2000, D5000, D7000 with an plastic ring inside?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped Last post on 6/1/11 at 7:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- V moda lp vs lp2 Last post on 6/24/12 at 9:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Beyerdynamic DT250 Thread Last post on 6/22/16 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
(Player: Cowon Plenue D ; Earphone: JH5) Before I start, I must say that this was not the beginning of my experience with the brand cables. I own the Ares cable also (first model) and make...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Firstly I want to thank a local NZ Head-Fier (AudioDHD) for allowing me to spend some time...
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
Review: Denon AH-D1100 - Page 4post #46 of 7210/25/12 at 10:15am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 7210/25/12 at 10:46amQuote:
They won't fit. The D1100 has foam rings in the earpads and all you have to do is pull them off. They snap in and out.post #48 of 7210/25/12 at 12:51pmpost #49 of 7210/26/12 at 2:47am
Also, just throwing this out there, but the pad material on the A100 is SLIGHTLY different and higher quality. The leather used is similar to that in Denons higher end headphones rather than the D1100.post #50 of 7211/13/12 at 5:31pm
I heard the Denon D1100 on a public demo unit in a major UK high street retail store and they had all the usual suspects on this unit they had the Denon D2000 right next to these, they had the Dre Beats of course directly opposite to these, and they had a few Sennheiser and also Bose headphones too plus a few brands I'd never heard of.
Although I liked the sound of the D2000 and LOVED the pure premium fit and feel of that headphone (and premium is the best word to use!) I have to be honest and say that most of the headphones I tried I instantly put down in disgust except for the D2000 which as I say I quite liked, but being completely honest the only headphone out of I'd say about 10 of them on this demo display that really blew me away was this Denon D1100!
The reason it blew me away was because straight away it was just so full sounding but good - the highs were good, the mids to me were great, the soundstage was nice and wide, the bass impact was visceral while the midbass seemed quite neutral to me so this really added a lot of kick to rock music and kick drums in general. The comfort was on another planet too! So light that you can hardly feel it, clamp so little you don't know it, and the earcup wells are deep enough that my ears don't touch the insides.
The only downside I could see was the build quality with the plastic arms. And because of this I couldn't justify the price. But I wanted a pair ever since and I'd find myself on my way home going by this store often times going back in for another listen. And it's always been the same story, my opinion did not change.
So they've been on my list for about 6 months now maybe more, and I finally ordered a pair the other day that should be with me hopefully tomorrow - for £ 40 delivered! I got them for a song, what a bargain!
I wasn't quite willing to pay just over £100 full price for them purely due to the build quality alone, but for £40 to the door I know I've got my bargain of the year!post #51 of 7212/15/12 at 6:17amThese Denon D1100 are some of the best sounding headphones under £70. Now they are even cheaper on ebay. Better sounding than the new D400 in term of sound quality and clarity. BARGAIN!
Cant believe they share the same driver as the A100 thats 499!post #52 of 7212/17/12 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by driveX
Hi, I just want to let people know that the construction of these is not so weak as some people say. Headband is made of metal and also the joint between headband and cups is made of brass. Only outside shell is made of plastic, so it should resistible for normal use. I also realized that it is very easy to disassemble them if you would like to re-cable them. You just need to remove ear-cups that are held on their place just by plastic hooks and then just unscrew 4 screws.
Hello, I got the cupholders replaced and it seems that they are revised and reinforced better now. I'll see in some time how do they resistpost #53 of 7212/17/12 at 11:25ampost #54 of 7212/17/12 at 3:02pmpost #55 of 7212/17/12 at 3:47pmQuote:
Yes, it should be fine.post #56 of 7212/20/12 at 12:35ampost #57 of 7212/20/12 at 1:36am
could it be, that denon changed something over time? mine are brand new (but alreadys burned in 50 hours) and are not that bassy at all. sure they have some weight on bass, but i would not call it boomy or overshadowing.post #58 of 7212/20/12 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lorspeaker
i just opened up the cups by unscrewing the 4 screws...
and doubleside-taped a 1 inch circular thin felt onto both the caps
think these felts were leftbehinds from my grado.. :P
The sound....bass is thumthackkthummthacck...i can feel the kicccck...instead of resonating loosely.
Venus by Bananarama hits so hardddd right this moment.
Looks like i do have a decent DENON canon to slug out onto the streets.
Give it a shot...only took me about 10mins.
I'd have to buy them again. It'd be my third pair. I might pick them up once more in the future, but if I had to own a D1100, it'd be the A100 anniversary version. Those wood cups....post #59 of 7212/21/12 at 3:05ampost #60 of 7212/28/12 at 11:34am
- Review: Denon AH-D1100
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 41 seconds ago
- › SE215 vs RHA MA750 vs T10 51 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...