C'est quoi un Canuck?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
I bought these headphones love / hate with the taste of the challenge. I learned that in Germany have discovered a reversible change to free the low and I started the monkey. I got them used to not...
sorry my English is Google translate The sound of these hifiman immediately like it or hate it. They have a strong character, perfect bass, brilliant highs, medium tone mind incorrect. A few years...
sorry my English is Google translate I bought this machine to see if such facilities exist hifi quality level beyond which the feeling of fidelity sound becomes real. Unfortunately, I'm afraid I...
Thanks to FiiO for the loaner unit. If there is a brand other than Apple that is more well-known at Head-Fi than FiiO I’d be very surprised. A number of their products have become pretty...
T-Peos were kind enough to organize a T-Peos Altone 350 (I'll refer to it as A350) unit for a private head-fi Australian review tour . Previously, we arranged tour units via T-Peos (e.g. with...
Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes - Page 114
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Another bonus; for those that prefer FLAC, XLD has two useful encoding adjustments, the chief one being “compression level” or how hard it works to compress the data. I’ve run some tests and found that the file size difference between max and min settings is relatively small so, I used to (these days, I prefer ALAC for several reasons) encode with the minimum compression setting to reduce CPU utilization during playback.
Hi all -- I hope you'll forgive this minor advertisement. Nasturtium Player is a new music app for Mac that integrates with both iTunes and YouTube. I will be the first to admit that it is not targeted towards audiophiles -- the backend is simply QuickTime -- but it does intend to be the player for those who would simply like to choose some music and get back to work.
Here's a few promo codes for download Nasturtium from the Mac App Store:
Otherwise, you can find it here:
Does anyone use Audirvana Plus with a Retina MacBook Pro?
When I have the volume control mouse control axis set to "rotate" (as opposed to horizontal or vertical), rotating the knob hardly changes the volume (i.e. -∞ dB to -39 dB when I try to rotate the knob).
Hm that didn't work for me. I have it on vertical by default.
I tried moving Audrivana to a different part of the screen so I can "rotate" it more. It rotates reaaaaally slowly at first, then rotates really quickly later on. On my older MacBook, the rotate feature works just fine.
Edited by miceblue - 1/11/13 at 9:13pm
For me Audirvana Plus is the best. It has some kind of sweetness in the treble that no other player can (min. for my ears) This is easily detectable with classical music, furthermore with violins.
What are your impressions about it folks ?
Second your impression on Audirvana Plus. Not only it sounds more natural (particularly when compared with Amarra / Amarra HiFi) , the layering, imaging and sound stage are excellent as you can sense the location/tone of individual instrument in an orchestra. Further more with direct play and integer mode turned on, unnecessary software layers (for various audio effects and sample rate conversion) such as Apple Core Audio are bypassed all together, thus settings in Apple MIDI Setup utility do not have any effect on Audirvana Plus. For pure music appreciation by audiophiles, any additional audio processing has adverse effect on sound quality.
Audirvana Plus requires certain amount of memory (buffer size is adjustable) for track preload and processing, scheme for sample rate conversion is adjustable as well (according to capability of your external DAC). It doe not modify any setting in Apple MIDI Setup at all (see above), thus no audio setting should be affected once Audirvana Plus application has been quit (does not matter it ran in hog mod / direct play / integer mode). So if you never set these parameters properly according to your Mac and DAC hardwares and the application keep crashing and audio system never work properly for other applications, then blame yourself instead of the application. With Audirvana Plus, crappy software such as iTunes and all unnecessary software layers can be bypassed completely, thus it should be more stable than Amarra HiFi and Pure Music and even standalone Amarra.
By the way we are talking about paid commercial software Audirvana Plus but not free open source software Audirvana. The free version has some critical components (particularly good sample rate converter) missing.
- Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › IHIFI-812V2 WM8740 24bit/192KHz DAP 25 seconds ago
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-500 Elite Review & Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Help with headphone amplifier for computer 2 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 3 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones EB-BL Jelleez Ear Buds Black by LuigiSound
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by 1Infinity
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by 1Infinity
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2