C'est quoi un Canuck?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes - Page 114
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Another bonus; for those that prefer FLAC, XLD has two useful encoding adjustments, the chief one being “compression level” or how hard it works to compress the data. I’ve run some tests and found that the file size difference between max and min settings is relatively small so, I used to (these days, I prefer ALAC for several reasons) encode with the minimum compression setting to reduce CPU utilization during playback.
Hi all -- I hope you'll forgive this minor advertisement. Nasturtium Player is a new music app for Mac that integrates with both iTunes and YouTube. I will be the first to admit that it is not targeted towards audiophiles -- the backend is simply QuickTime -- but it does intend to be the player for those who would simply like to choose some music and get back to work.
Here's a few promo codes for download Nasturtium from the Mac App Store:
Otherwise, you can find it here:
Does anyone use Audirvana Plus with a Retina MacBook Pro?
When I have the volume control mouse control axis set to "rotate" (as opposed to horizontal or vertical), rotating the knob hardly changes the volume (i.e. -∞ dB to -39 dB when I try to rotate the knob).
Hm that didn't work for me. I have it on vertical by default.
I tried moving Audrivana to a different part of the screen so I can "rotate" it more. It rotates reaaaaally slowly at first, then rotates really quickly later on. On my older MacBook, the rotate feature works just fine.
Edited by miceblue - 1/11/13 at 9:13pm
For me Audirvana Plus is the best. It has some kind of sweetness in the treble that no other player can (min. for my ears) This is easily detectable with classical music, furthermore with violins.
What are your impressions about it folks ?
Second your impression on Audirvana Plus. Not only it sounds more natural (particularly when compared with Amarra / Amarra HiFi) , the layering, imaging and sound stage are excellent as you can sense the location/tone of individual instrument in an orchestra. Further more with direct play and integer mode turned on, unnecessary software layers (for various audio effects and sample rate conversion) such as Apple Core Audio are bypassed all together, thus settings in Apple MIDI Setup utility do not have any effect on Audirvana Plus. For pure music appreciation by audiophiles, any additional audio processing has adverse effect on sound quality.
Audirvana Plus requires certain amount of memory (buffer size is adjustable) for track preload and processing, scheme for sample rate conversion is adjustable as well (according to capability of your external DAC). It doe not modify any setting in Apple MIDI Setup at all (see above), thus no audio setting should be affected once Audirvana Plus application has been quit (does not matter it ran in hog mod / direct play / integer mode). So if you never set these parameters properly according to your Mac and DAC hardwares and the application keep crashing and audio system never work properly for other applications, then blame yourself instead of the application. With Audirvana Plus, crappy software such as iTunes and all unnecessary software layers can be bypassed completely, thus it should be more stable than Amarra HiFi and Pure Music and even standalone Amarra.
By the way we are talking about paid commercial software Audirvana Plus but not free open source software Audirvana. The free version has some critical components (particularly good sample rate converter) missing.
- Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 seconds ago
- › time for a new set of buds.. recommendations welcome 15 seconds ago
- › Looking for an airy headphone. 38 seconds ago
- › DT 990 PRO vs AD900x 49 seconds ago
- › Walking Away From Headfi GIVEAWAY 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP/T20RP Modding Lot 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3