C'est quoi un Canuck?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes - Page 114
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Another bonus; for those that prefer FLAC, XLD has two useful encoding adjustments, the chief one being “compression level” or how hard it works to compress the data. I’ve run some tests and found that the file size difference between max and min settings is relatively small so, I used to (these days, I prefer ALAC for several reasons) encode with the minimum compression setting to reduce CPU utilization during playback.
Hi all -- I hope you'll forgive this minor advertisement. Nasturtium Player is a new music app for Mac that integrates with both iTunes and YouTube. I will be the first to admit that it is not targeted towards audiophiles -- the backend is simply QuickTime -- but it does intend to be the player for those who would simply like to choose some music and get back to work.
Here's a few promo codes for download Nasturtium from the Mac App Store:
Otherwise, you can find it here:
Does anyone use Audirvana Plus with a Retina MacBook Pro?
When I have the volume control mouse control axis set to "rotate" (as opposed to horizontal or vertical), rotating the knob hardly changes the volume (i.e. -∞ dB to -39 dB when I try to rotate the knob).
Hm that didn't work for me. I have it on vertical by default.
I tried moving Audrivana to a different part of the screen so I can "rotate" it more. It rotates reaaaaally slowly at first, then rotates really quickly later on. On my older MacBook, the rotate feature works just fine.
Edited by miceblue - 1/11/13 at 9:13pm
For me Audirvana Plus is the best. It has some kind of sweetness in the treble that no other player can (min. for my ears) This is easily detectable with classical music, furthermore with violins.
What are your impressions about it folks ?
Second your impression on Audirvana Plus. Not only it sounds more natural (particularly when compared with Amarra / Amarra HiFi) , the layering, imaging and sound stage are excellent as you can sense the location/tone of individual instrument in an orchestra. Further more with direct play and integer mode turned on, unnecessary software layers (for various audio effects and sample rate conversion) such as Apple Core Audio are bypassed all together, thus settings in Apple MIDI Setup utility do not have any effect on Audirvana Plus. For pure music appreciation by audiophiles, any additional audio processing has adverse effect on sound quality.
Audirvana Plus requires certain amount of memory (buffer size is adjustable) for track preload and processing, scheme for sample rate conversion is adjustable as well (according to capability of your external DAC). It doe not modify any setting in Apple MIDI Setup at all (see above), thus no audio setting should be affected once Audirvana Plus application has been quit (does not matter it ran in hog mod / direct play / integer mode). So if you never set these parameters properly according to your Mac and DAC hardwares and the application keep crashing and audio system never work properly for other applications, then blame yourself instead of the application. With Audirvana Plus, crappy software such as iTunes and all unnecessary software layers can be bypassed completely, thus it should be more stable than Amarra HiFi and Pure Music and even standalone Amarra.
By the way we are talking about paid commercial software Audirvana Plus but not free open source software Audirvana. The free version has some critical components (particularly good sample rate converter) missing.
- Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › "The Lab" 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › RSA SR-71A burn-in 3 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2