AFAIK, Audirvana is the only player to support integer mode anymore after apple got rid of it in their latest OS updates.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes - Page 105
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Your computer will handle normal files (.wav, .flac, .mp3) with no problem. You get skips or dropouts if you use audirvana to play high res files. I had this issue on my 2010 Macbook until I upgraded to 8gb of RAM. Keep in mind this was only the case when my computer was multitasking with safari, word and A+ running playing high res. If you stick to only audio while playing high res files I don't see you having a problem with 2gb of RAM.
There was also a dropout problem with the direct/integer beta in the last build. It you had integer capable DAC or bridge, that build gave random dropout when direct mode was activated. A new build was release today that seems to fix it.
Meh, I bought it black Friday and that's been my first Mac since like 2003-2004. I wanted to give it another try but I just don't think it's for me. Also 2,200 is a lot of money to a guy like me when I could get the same configure for half the price.
Audirvana + seems to work just fine with itunes11. Tried with the "up next" listening playlist in full view and mini player mode ands it's all fine it seems! Really like the new interface, larger fonts / less clutter. It should also look pretty good on a 11' screen (am using a 15' mbp).
I didn't even hear about iTunes 11 until I saw you post. Thanks for the update! I'll be checking it out once it's downloaded.
MAN that is one ugly interface! I miss the old iTunes 10 already...and I've only used 11 for 5 minutes. :(
Edited by miceblue - 11/29/12 at 8:40pm
If all you need is a column browser, just ditch itunes altogether and use simpler players like box or audirvana "stand alone".
I do use Audirvana Plus, but I have some iTunes downloads.
There IS an option to bring back the sidebar! Yay, iTunes functionality/navigation = restored somewhat
At least I don't need to move the mouse much to go to different media (movies, music, podcasts) and interfaces (iTunes Store, iPod, library). I don't know WHY they decided to put those 2 things on the opposite side of the screen.
I think Apple did a marvelous job with this update. It's beautiful if you have a nice, organized library like me ;)
Edited by anoxy - 11/29/12 at 10:18pm
Maybe I should display my Alpha section. Sans Adele but I got Al Green - Anne Akiko Meyers - Astrud Gilberto - Abraham Laboriel, Sr ect..
- Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 3 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 7 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 (HD650 cable, adapter) 22 seconds ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M20x 1 minute ago
- › IEMs that are way low priced for it's sonic quality 3 minutes ago
- › Who will review the Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Help! I need a pair of good quality cans that I can use with... 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)