AFAIK, Audirvana is the only player to support integer mode anymore after apple got rid of it in their latest OS updates.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes - Page 105
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Your computer will handle normal files (.wav, .flac, .mp3) with no problem. You get skips or dropouts if you use audirvana to play high res files. I had this issue on my 2010 Macbook until I upgraded to 8gb of RAM. Keep in mind this was only the case when my computer was multitasking with safari, word and A+ running playing high res. If you stick to only audio while playing high res files I don't see you having a problem with 2gb of RAM.
There was also a dropout problem with the direct/integer beta in the last build. It you had integer capable DAC or bridge, that build gave random dropout when direct mode was activated. A new build was release today that seems to fix it.
Meh, I bought it black Friday and that's been my first Mac since like 2003-2004. I wanted to give it another try but I just don't think it's for me. Also 2,200 is a lot of money to a guy like me when I could get the same configure for half the price.
Audirvana + seems to work just fine with itunes11. Tried with the "up next" listening playlist in full view and mini player mode ands it's all fine it seems! Really like the new interface, larger fonts / less clutter. It should also look pretty good on a 11' screen (am using a 15' mbp).
I didn't even hear about iTunes 11 until I saw you post. Thanks for the update! I'll be checking it out once it's downloaded.
MAN that is one ugly interface! I miss the old iTunes 10 already...and I've only used 11 for 5 minutes. :(
Edited by miceblue - 11/29/12 at 8:40pm
If all you need is a column browser, just ditch itunes altogether and use simpler players like box or audirvana "stand alone".
I do use Audirvana Plus, but I have some iTunes downloads.
There IS an option to bring back the sidebar! Yay, iTunes functionality/navigation = restored somewhat
At least I don't need to move the mouse much to go to different media (movies, music, podcasts) and interfaces (iTunes Store, iPod, library). I don't know WHY they decided to put those 2 things on the opposite side of the screen.
I think Apple did a marvelous job with this update. It's beautiful if you have a nice, organized library like me ;)
Edited by anoxy - 11/29/12 at 10:18pm
Maybe I should display my Alpha section. Sans Adele but I got Al Green - Anne Akiko Meyers - Astrud Gilberto - Abraham Laboriel, Sr ect..
- Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Tokyo 2014 Autumn Fujiya Avic Headphone Festival Impressions 51 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 52 seconds ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A71 Dual Dynamic - Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › DAC with optical input and headphones, up to $1000 to spend 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear: Smelly Ear cup........ 2 minutes ago
- › Returned Shure se215, NEED HELP FINDING IEM! 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)