AFAIK, Audirvana is the only player to support integer mode anymore after apple got rid of it in their latest OS updates.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes - Page 105
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Your computer will handle normal files (.wav, .flac, .mp3) with no problem. You get skips or dropouts if you use audirvana to play high res files. I had this issue on my 2010 Macbook until I upgraded to 8gb of RAM. Keep in mind this was only the case when my computer was multitasking with safari, word and A+ running playing high res. If you stick to only audio while playing high res files I don't see you having a problem with 2gb of RAM.
There was also a dropout problem with the direct/integer beta in the last build. It you had integer capable DAC or bridge, that build gave random dropout when direct mode was activated. A new build was release today that seems to fix it.
Meh, I bought it black Friday and that's been my first Mac since like 2003-2004. I wanted to give it another try but I just don't think it's for me. Also 2,200 is a lot of money to a guy like me when I could get the same configure for half the price.
Audirvana + seems to work just fine with itunes11. Tried with the "up next" listening playlist in full view and mini player mode ands it's all fine it seems! Really like the new interface, larger fonts / less clutter. It should also look pretty good on a 11' screen (am using a 15' mbp).
I didn't even hear about iTunes 11 until I saw you post. Thanks for the update! I'll be checking it out once it's downloaded.
MAN that is one ugly interface! I miss the old iTunes 10 already...and I've only used 11 for 5 minutes. :(
Edited by miceblue - 11/29/12 at 8:40pm
If all you need is a column browser, just ditch itunes altogether and use simpler players like box or audirvana "stand alone".
I do use Audirvana Plus, but I have some iTunes downloads.
There IS an option to bring back the sidebar! Yay, iTunes functionality/navigation = restored somewhat
At least I don't need to move the mouse much to go to different media (movies, music, podcasts) and interfaces (iTunes Store, iPod, library). I don't know WHY they decided to put those 2 things on the opposite side of the screen.
I think Apple did a marvelous job with this update. It's beautiful if you have a nice, organized library like me ;)
Edited by anoxy - 11/29/12 at 10:18pm
Maybe I should display my Alpha section. Sans Adele but I got Al Green - Anne Akiko Meyers - Astrud Gilberto - Abraham Laboriel, Sr ect..
- Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 5 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 5 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 8 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 14 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 29 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 31 seconds ago
- › I'm confused 51 seconds ago
- › Moving away from DT-990(250Ohms) 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)