AFAIK, Audirvana is the only player to support integer mode anymore after apple got rid of it in their latest OS updates.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 1/6/13 at 1:27pm in Computer Audio
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes - Page 105
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Your computer will handle normal files (.wav, .flac, .mp3) with no problem. You get skips or dropouts if you use audirvana to play high res files. I had this issue on my 2010 Macbook until I upgraded to 8gb of RAM. Keep in mind this was only the case when my computer was multitasking with safari, word and A+ running playing high res. If you stick to only audio while playing high res files I don't see you having a problem with 2gb of RAM.
There was also a dropout problem with the direct/integer beta in the last build. It you had integer capable DAC or bridge, that build gave random dropout when direct mode was activated. A new build was release today that seems to fix it.
Meh, I bought it black Friday and that's been my first Mac since like 2003-2004. I wanted to give it another try but I just don't think it's for me. Also 2,200 is a lot of money to a guy like me when I could get the same configure for half the price.
Audirvana + seems to work just fine with itunes11. Tried with the "up next" listening playlist in full view and mini player mode ands it's all fine it seems! Really like the new interface, larger fonts / less clutter. It should also look pretty good on a 11' screen (am using a 15' mbp).
I didn't even hear about iTunes 11 until I saw you post. Thanks for the update! I'll be checking it out once it's downloaded.
MAN that is one ugly interface! I miss the old iTunes 10 already...and I've only used 11 for 5 minutes. :(
Edited by miceblue - 11/29/12 at 8:40pm
If all you need is a column browser, just ditch itunes altogether and use simpler players like box or audirvana "stand alone".
I do use Audirvana Plus, but I have some iTunes downloads.
There IS an option to bring back the sidebar! Yay, iTunes functionality/navigation = restored somewhat
At least I don't need to move the mouse much to go to different media (movies, music, podcasts) and interfaces (iTunes Store, iPod, library). I don't know WHY they decided to put those 2 things on the opposite side of the screen.
I think Apple did a marvelous job with this update. It's beautiful if you have a nice, organized library like me ;)
Edited by anoxy - 11/29/12 at 10:18pm
Maybe I should display my Alpha section. Sans Adele but I got Al Green - Anne Akiko Meyers - Astrud Gilberto - Abraham Laboriel, Sr ect..
- Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Better than the Uber Bifrost 27 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Qobuz lowers streaming prices 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 2 minutes ago
- › the creation of a audiophile system 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob