AFAIK, Audirvana is the only player to support integer mode anymore after apple got rid of it in their latest OS updates.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 4/25/11
Related Forum Threads
- How can I listen to High Res above 96hz Last post on 8/22/13 at 12:25pm in Computer Audio
- Cannot install foobar Last post on 4/1/13 at 2:59pm in Computer Audio
- MQn minimalist Wasapi WAV C++ memory player integrated with foobar2000 Last post on 9/24/13 at 8:02pm in Computer Audio
- Need help removing mic hiss Last post on 3/30/13 at 9:44am in Computer Audio
- iTunes 11 columns? Last post on 2/14/15 at 10:50pm in Computer Audio
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes - Page 105
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Your computer will handle normal files (.wav, .flac, .mp3) with no problem. You get skips or dropouts if you use audirvana to play high res files. I had this issue on my 2010 Macbook until I upgraded to 8gb of RAM. Keep in mind this was only the case when my computer was multitasking with safari, word and A+ running playing high res. If you stick to only audio while playing high res files I don't see you having a problem with 2gb of RAM.
There was also a dropout problem with the direct/integer beta in the last build. It you had integer capable DAC or bridge, that build gave random dropout when direct mode was activated. A new build was release today that seems to fix it.
Meh, I bought it black Friday and that's been my first Mac since like 2003-2004. I wanted to give it another try but I just don't think it's for me. Also 2,200 is a lot of money to a guy like me when I could get the same configure for half the price.
Audirvana + seems to work just fine with itunes11. Tried with the "up next" listening playlist in full view and mini player mode ands it's all fine it seems! Really like the new interface, larger fonts / less clutter. It should also look pretty good on a 11' screen (am using a 15' mbp).
I didn't even hear about iTunes 11 until I saw you post. Thanks for the update! I'll be checking it out once it's downloaded.
MAN that is one ugly interface! I miss the old iTunes 10 already...and I've only used 11 for 5 minutes. :(
Edited by miceblue - 11/29/12 at 8:40pm
If all you need is a column browser, just ditch itunes altogether and use simpler players like box or audirvana "stand alone".
I do use Audirvana Plus, but I have some iTunes downloads.
There IS an option to bring back the sidebar! Yay, iTunes functionality/navigation = restored somewhat
At least I don't need to move the mouse much to go to different media (movies, music, podcasts) and interfaces (iTunes Store, iPod, library). I don't know WHY they decided to put those 2 things on the opposite side of the screen.
I think Apple did a marvelous job with this update. It's beautiful if you have a nice, organized library like me ;)
Edited by anoxy - 11/29/12 at 10:18pm
Maybe I should display my Alpha section. Sans Adele but I got Al Green - Anne Akiko Meyers - Astrud Gilberto - Abraham Laboriel, Sr ect..
- Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 9 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 21 seconds ago
- › Gilmore Lite power supply questions. 24 seconds ago
- › Shure 1540 Headphones 36 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 3 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2