They blow W4's away man.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for heavy metal under 500 dollars? Last post on 7/9/14 at 10:02pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232 - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
how about the 232's in comparison with the 4.ai's? Similarly priced for those of us in the U.S. taking advantage of earphone solutions sales...
I'd also like to note these sound nice at low listening volumes (my initial concern, along with fatigue).
There is still a bit of sparkle when I get down to focus studying volumes.
I will do this when I get my 4.Ai... Wait until at least the end of the week. I'll be playing with the 4.Ai on Tuesday when I open the box (it should be delivered Monday afternoon).
I went with the 4Ai's because I didn't like the cable on the 232's. But sound wise...the 232's are pretty difficult to beat. The 4Ai's...to my ears...are right in the middle between the W4's and the 232's in sound.
I don't have that kind of will power! LOL When something like that show's up...I'm all over it! LOL
Well, you'll find it at some point ;) I'll also do comparisons to the W4, 3.Ai, UE 900, Ultrasone IQ... List goes on ;)
The PFE232 and 4A.i are two very different animals. I sold the 4A.i as the 232 was just more musical and enjoyable. The 4A.i is a showstopper but I felt it was trying too hard to impress and don't let you relax and enjoy the music. The soundstage was very wide but very 2D with little depth while the 232 is very holographic with great centre image. The PFE is also a lot smaller, lighter and more comfortable, you just forget you are wearing it after a while.
The more I listen to my newly acquired PFE232 on my Clip+, the more I find it to be slightly more fatiguing (highs) than I am comfortable with. If I had to predict, I think the PFE232 will be in the FS section shortly after I get my Studio-V DAP (my primary DAP which has a slight bright-sound leaning) back from exchange.
W4 too stronk!
The PFE 232 treble is hitting the perfect sweet spot of energy and detail for me, without being fatiguing or annoying. May perhaps be moving from other IEM where the sound is stunted in various ways. After a period of adjustment to the sound signature and experimenting with tips (triple flange best for me), the PFE 232 is beautifully balanced and tonally as close as I have experienced in universal IEM form to the great time I had with a home demo of an Invicta Dac + HD600 (overkill, yes)
There is no denying it is expensive but then again it is right on the limit of universal pricing. Something like the IE800 has no appeal for me simply because might as well take the leap into customs!
Hmm, I need to try different tips.
Don't get me wrong, they're still in the running for my go-to IEM, but for me the highs are a little much during longer listening sessions.
Maybe foam tips might helps out a bit. Depending on where the treble is bothering you, a better seal in general may be needed.
I'm getting a good seal. It's just time to try different tips. I'll be trying a few double/tri-flanges. Foam is a good idea too. Do olives work with these? Or is Comply my only option for foam? I don't really know enough about frequencies to be able to say where the treble is bothering me. Would I use a frequency sweep to identify that?
- [NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › I would like to know how many lossless songs i can fit onto a x3 w/... 1 minute ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 1 minute ago
- › Understanding "Detail" in a Headphone Review? 2 minutes ago
- › Whats with the price of Aiaiai TMA-1? Especially Beatport edition 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for high quality Headphones + DAC/amp with 400 EURO budget... 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › beyerdynamic DTX 350 p Portable Headphones by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)