They blow W4's away man.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for heavy metal under 500 dollars? Last post on 9/26/14 at 2:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232 - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
how about the 232's in comparison with the 4.ai's? Similarly priced for those of us in the U.S. taking advantage of earphone solutions sales...
I will do this when I get my 4.Ai... Wait until at least the end of the week. I'll be playing with the 4.Ai on Tuesday when I open the box (it should be delivered Monday afternoon).
I went with the 4Ai's because I didn't like the cable on the 232's. But sound wise...the 232's are pretty difficult to beat. The 4Ai's...to my ears...are right in the middle between the W4's and the 232's in sound.
I don't have that kind of will power! LOL When something like that show's up...I'm all over it! LOL
Well, you'll find it at some point ;) I'll also do comparisons to the W4, 3.Ai, UE 900, Ultrasone IQ... List goes on ;)
The PFE232 and 4A.i are two very different animals. I sold the 4A.i as the 232 was just more musical and enjoyable. The 4A.i is a showstopper but I felt it was trying too hard to impress and don't let you relax and enjoy the music. The soundstage was very wide but very 2D with little depth while the 232 is very holographic with great centre image. The PFE is also a lot smaller, lighter and more comfortable, you just forget you are wearing it after a while.
The more I listen to my newly acquired PFE232 on my Clip+, the more I find it to be slightly more fatiguing (highs) than I am comfortable with. If I had to predict, I think the PFE232 will be in the FS section shortly after I get my Studio-V DAP (my primary DAP which has a slight bright-sound leaning) back from exchange.
W4 too stronk!
The PFE 232 treble is hitting the perfect sweet spot of energy and detail for me, without being fatiguing or annoying. May perhaps be moving from other IEM where the sound is stunted in various ways. After a period of adjustment to the sound signature and experimenting with tips (triple flange best for me), the PFE 232 is beautifully balanced and tonally as close as I have experienced in universal IEM form to the great time I had with a home demo of an Invicta Dac + HD600 (overkill, yes)
There is no denying it is expensive but then again it is right on the limit of universal pricing. Something like the IE800 has no appeal for me simply because might as well take the leap into customs!
Maybe foam tips might helps out a bit. Depending on where the treble is bothering you, a better seal in general may be needed.
I'm getting a good seal. It's just time to try different tips. I'll be trying a few double/tri-flanges. Foam is a good idea too. Do olives work with these? Or is Comply my only option for foam? I don't really know enough about frequencies to be able to say where the treble is bothering me. Would I use a frequency sweep to identify that?
- [NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
- › Fidue Headphones clearance sale 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...