They blow W4's away man.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for heavy metal under 500 dollars? Last post on 9/26/14 at 2:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
I originally bought these after my earphones that came with my phone broke. After receiving these I was extremely pleased with the bass: it was boomy, punchy and felt powerful. These were also very...
I am an amateur recording engineer that mainly uses a laptop pc on location with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. The bus power is no doubt as noisy as a baby with a full diaper that's up way past...
NOTE: This is my first review and I'm a budding audio enthusiast. This is no pro review, just a newb trying to put audio nuances to words. These are my first pair of Balanced Armatures and I am...
Background In about 1990, when Joseph Grado was designing his HMP-1 Holographic Scalera Scanner (perfectly-matched pair of microphones for recording), he needed some detailed, neutral...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232 - Page 55
Gear mentioned in this thread:
how about the 232's in comparison with the 4.ai's? Similarly priced for those of us in the U.S. taking advantage of earphone solutions sales...
I will do this when I get my 4.Ai... Wait until at least the end of the week. I'll be playing with the 4.Ai on Tuesday when I open the box (it should be delivered Monday afternoon).
I went with the 4Ai's because I didn't like the cable on the 232's. But sound wise...the 232's are pretty difficult to beat. The 4Ai's...to my ears...are right in the middle between the W4's and the 232's in sound.
I don't have that kind of will power! LOL When something like that show's up...I'm all over it! LOL
Well, you'll find it at some point ;) I'll also do comparisons to the W4, 3.Ai, UE 900, Ultrasone IQ... List goes on ;)
The PFE232 and 4A.i are two very different animals. I sold the 4A.i as the 232 was just more musical and enjoyable. The 4A.i is a showstopper but I felt it was trying too hard to impress and don't let you relax and enjoy the music. The soundstage was very wide but very 2D with little depth while the 232 is very holographic with great centre image. The PFE is also a lot smaller, lighter and more comfortable, you just forget you are wearing it after a while.
The more I listen to my newly acquired PFE232 on my Clip+, the more I find it to be slightly more fatiguing (highs) than I am comfortable with. If I had to predict, I think the PFE232 will be in the FS section shortly after I get my Studio-V DAP (my primary DAP which has a slight bright-sound leaning) back from exchange.
W4 too stronk!
The PFE 232 treble is hitting the perfect sweet spot of energy and detail for me, without being fatiguing or annoying. May perhaps be moving from other IEM where the sound is stunted in various ways. After a period of adjustment to the sound signature and experimenting with tips (triple flange best for me), the PFE 232 is beautifully balanced and tonally as close as I have experienced in universal IEM form to the great time I had with a home demo of an Invicta Dac + HD600 (overkill, yes)
There is no denying it is expensive but then again it is right on the limit of universal pricing. Something like the IE800 has no appeal for me simply because might as well take the leap into customs!
Maybe foam tips might helps out a bit. Depending on where the treble is bothering you, a better seal in general may be needed.
I'm getting a good seal. It's just time to try different tips. I'll be trying a few double/tri-flanges. Foam is a good idea too. Do olives work with these? Or is Comply my only option for foam? I don't really know enough about frequencies to be able to say where the treble is bothering me. Would I use a frequency sweep to identify that?
- [NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bricasti M1 DAC impressions. 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 6 minutes ago
- › NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › RHA T20 by Cotnijoe
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)