They blow W4's away man.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Phonak Audeo + Cowon E2 or Nationite N2? (metal music) Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM for heavy metal under 500 dollars? Last post on Yesterday at 8:24 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232 - Page 55post #811 of 96511/18/12 at 1:41pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #812 of 96511/18/12 at 1:44pmpost #813 of 96511/18/12 at 1:47pm
how about the 232's in comparison with the 4.ai's? Similarly priced for those of us in the U.S. taking advantage of earphone solutions sales...post #814 of 96511/18/12 at 1:49pm
I'd also like to note these sound nice at low listening volumes (my initial concern, along with fatigue).
There is still a bit of sparkle when I get down to focus studying volumes.post #815 of 96511/18/12 at 1:55pmQuote:
I will do this when I get my 4.Ai... Wait until at least the end of the week. I'll be playing with the 4.Ai on Tuesday when I open the box (it should be delivered Monday afternoon).post #816 of 96511/18/12 at 2:39pmQuote:
I went with the 4Ai's because I didn't like the cable on the 232's. But sound wise...the 232's are pretty difficult to beat. The 4Ai's...to my ears...are right in the middle between the W4's and the 232's in sound.post #817 of 96511/18/12 at 2:40pmQuote:
I don't have that kind of will power! LOL When something like that show's up...I'm all over it! LOLpost #818 of 96511/18/12 at 2:52pmQuote:
Well, you'll find it at some point ;) I'll also do comparisons to the W4, 3.Ai, UE 900, Ultrasone IQ... List goes on ;)post #819 of 96511/18/12 at 4:32pmpost #820 of 96511/18/12 at 10:57pmQuote:
The PFE232 and 4A.i are two very different animals. I sold the 4A.i as the 232 was just more musical and enjoyable. The 4A.i is a showstopper but I felt it was trying too hard to impress and don't let you relax and enjoy the music. The soundstage was very wide but very 2D with little depth while the 232 is very holographic with great centre image. The PFE is also a lot smaller, lighter and more comfortable, you just forget you are wearing it after a while.post #821 of 96511/26/12 at 11:50am
The more I listen to my newly acquired PFE232 on my Clip+, the more I find it to be slightly more fatiguing (highs) than I am comfortable with. If I had to predict, I think the PFE232 will be in the FS section shortly after I get my Studio-V DAP (my primary DAP which has a slight bright-sound leaning) back from exchange.
W4 too stronk!post #822 of 96511/26/12 at 12:05pm
The PFE 232 treble is hitting the perfect sweet spot of energy and detail for me, without being fatiguing or annoying. May perhaps be moving from other IEM where the sound is stunted in various ways. After a period of adjustment to the sound signature and experimenting with tips (triple flange best for me), the PFE 232 is beautifully balanced and tonally as close as I have experienced in universal IEM form to the great time I had with a home demo of an Invicta Dac + HD600 (overkill, yes)
There is no denying it is expensive but then again it is right on the limit of universal pricing. Something like the IE800 has no appeal for me simply because might as well take the leap into customs!post #823 of 96511/26/12 at 12:39pmpost #824 of 96511/26/12 at 2:38pmQuote:
Maybe foam tips might helps out a bit. Depending on where the treble is bothering you, a better seal in general may be needed.post #825 of 96511/26/12 at 5:15pmQuote:
I'm getting a good seal. It's just time to try different tips. I'll be trying a few double/tri-flanges. Foam is a good idea too. Do olives work with these? Or is Comply my only option for foam? I don't really know enough about frequencies to be able to say where the treble is bothering me. Would I use a frequency sweep to identify that?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Ibasso D-zero 8 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 37 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 42 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 mod removes the dark sound 1 minute ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 1 minute ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 2 minutes ago
- › Help me stop smashing my head against my desk. Headphones $100-$500 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 4 minutes ago
- › I need help choosing a general purpose IEM 4 minutes ago
- › M^3 Amp with Sigma 11 Power Supply 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe