Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232 - Page 49

post #721 of 983

Aaah, ok. Too many PFE threads to keep track of, I'm slightly confused. :)

post #722 of 983

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

Aaah, ok. Too many PFE threads to keep track of, I'm slightly confused. :)

 

hehe :P!
Yeah I had to make sure I was posting in the right one, about the 232s! :D

post #723 of 983

I just posted a 'short story' of a very recent audiophile journey that involves the PFE 232s here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/607383/shure-se535-vs-phonak-pfe-232-alo-rx-mk-3-clas-vs-fostex-hp-p1-and-ibasso-dx-100

Owners and potential owners of the PFE 232 might find it interesting...

post #724 of 983

^ ^

 

I agree. With the right source, you'll stop looking for other headphones and just enjoy the music.

post #725 of 983
Unhappy. 232's amplify subtle ambient noise that my callers complain about. They are relieved when I disconnect the headphone and talk directly into the phone. That kills it for me. I was really liking the sound.
post #726 of 983

I can bet you that the mic won't work with android...

tape mod, here we come.

post #727 of 983

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

I can bet you that the mic won't work with android...

tape mod, here we come.

 

Do not forget that there's also the audio-only cable ;)

No tape mod this time tongue.gif


Edited by ItsMeHere - 4/27/12 at 1:42am
post #728 of 983

Is anyone aware of an after-marker upgrade replacement cable for the 232s? If so, could you please post link (and review)? Thanks!

post #729 of 983

Alright, I've just purchased these from earphonesolutions. Had to sacrifice my D7000 for it. These better be good! tongue.gif

 

Back to the IEM world for me which I once thought I was done with once it for all... all thanks to the PFE's as they're the only ones I can tolerate inside my ears comfortably for long periods of time...

post #730 of 983

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by at1692 View Post

Is anyone aware of an after-marker upgrade replacement cable for the 232s? If so, could you please post link (and review)? Thanks!

 

I'm also looking for something like this but so far have come up with nothing

post #731 of 983

 

 

Quote:
Back to the IEM world for me which I once thought I was done with once it for all... all thanks to the PFE's as they're the only ones I can tolerate inside my ears comfortably for long periods of time...

 

I hated the previous IEM I owned because of comfort issues - they were too invasive. Never thought I'd pick up another pair, until the 232s. They are truly weightless.

post #732 of 983

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert View Post

 

 

 

I hated the previous IEM I owned because of comfort issues - they were too invasive. Never thought I'd pick up another pair, until the 232s. They are truly weightless.

 


The 232s are weightless :p 

post #733 of 983

232's in....i'm very impressed.

I have to say, whoever (can't remember who it was) that told me the 232's have a better bass impact than the 112's was 100% right.

For once I'm satisfied with the bass coming out of a BA...this is for me guys, a first - of course it doesn't come close to the mg7's and the cks77's...but still, it's very lean and clean - i like it.

The clarity of the music, and the precision is unbelievably accurate.

 

To add to the cake, here was the cherry:

PFE thought about the audience.

We aren't all iPod users. We don't all eat Apples for breakfast.

So they added a second cable, that isn't mic'ed up.

 

There I was thinking: Tape mod

Little did I know about that second cable, I can't remember reading it anywhere. More like not understanding/overlooking what another member said lol tongue.gif

 

Good job Phonak Audéo, good job.

 

EDIT:
Filters do exactly what the booklet say.

 

-I found the grey ones to be the most sibilant and accurate

-Green ones to be very much bassier

-Black ones to be in the middle

 

I was in-between black and green - currently on green, as it responds better to bass via the ZO2.

Was a little strange that the green ones needed to be driven more, much more, than the other 2.

I'll play around with which I'll settle with :D


Edited by Totally Dubbed - 4/30/12 at 10:27am
post #734 of 983

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

232's in....i'm very impressed.

I have to say, whoever (can't remember who it was) that told me the 232's have a better bass impact than the 112's was 100% right.

For once I'm satisfied with the bass coming out of a BA...this is for me guys, a first - of course it doesn't come close to the mg7's and the cks77's...but still, it's very lean and clean - i like it.

The clarity of the music, and the precision is unbelievably accurate.

 

To add to the cake, here was the cherry:

PFE thought about the audience.

We aren't all iPod users. We don't all eat Apples for breakfast.

So they added a second cable, that isn't mic'ed up.

 

There I was thinking: Tape mod

Little did I know about that second cable, I can't remember reading it anywhere.

 

Good job Phonak Audéo, good job.

 

EDIT:
Filters do exactly what the booklet say.

 

-I found the grey ones to be the most sibilant and accurate

-Green ones to be very much bassier

-Black ones to be in the middle

 

I was in-between black and green - currently on green, as it responds better to bass via the ZO2.

Was a little strange that the green ones needed to be driven more, much more, than the other 2.

I'll play around with which I'll settle with :D

 

I think there was another member that mentioned the second cable after you said you were getting a pair.  If I remember correctly, he said something along the lines that you would not need a tape mod.  I also mentioned the second cable in my review as well in the In The Box Section (what's included) along with the Value section as it was talked about briefly.

 

Regarding the filters and the fact that the green one was harder to drive...  This is normal.  Think about what a filter does, it filters out sound by reducing it.  Essentially, the filter stops some sound from penetrating by slowing it down.  A filter rarely add to a certain frequency, instead, it'll take from given frequencies by slowing them down.  So think of it this way.  Think of the filters as barriers.  There is on barrier for grey, two for black, and three for green.  Now think of a speeding car as your sound.  The car may have no problem going through the first filter...  It may have a slightly harder problem going through two (it'll still be harder than one)...  It might be able to get through three, but by the time it does, it'll be slowed down a lot.  All a filter really does is add resistance to sound.  Since this resistance isn't linear with the frequency response, it is able to shape sound differently.

post #735 of 983

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

I think there was another member that mentioned the second cable after you said you were getting a pair.  If I remember correctly, he said something along the lines that you would not need a tape mod.  I also mentioned the second cable in my review as well in the In The Box Section (what's included) along with the Value section as it was talked about briefly.

 

Regarding the filters and the fact that the green one was harder to drive...  This is normal.  Think about what a filter does, it filters out sound by reducing it.  Essentially, the filter stops some sound from penetrating by slowing it down.  A filter rarely add to a certain frequency, instead, it'll take from given frequencies by slowing them down.  So think of it this way.  Think of the filters as barriers.  There is on barrier for grey, two for black, and three for green.  Now think of a speeding car as your sound.  The car may have no problem going through the first filter...  It may have a slightly harder problem going through two (it'll still be harder than one)...  It might be able to get through three, but by the time it does, it'll be slowed down a lot.  All a filter really does is add resistance to sound.  Since this resistance isn't linear with the frequency response, it is able to shape sound differently.

 

thanks for the explanation - although I kind of guessed that myself :P

 

And yeah the tape mod..i must have misunderstood the comment lol - check above - i must have overlooked it :P


Edited by Totally Dubbed - 4/30/12 at 10:27am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232