lol, i'm tempted to give it a try, and would love to compare it with my metrum octave...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The best portable DAC/Amp? TTVJ or Head Amp? Last post on 8/2/10 at 10:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Balanced headamp with two different balanced inputs? Last post on 7/21/10 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First DAC purchase: HeadAmp Pico DAC vs Little Dot DAC 1 vs others? Last post on 7/14/10 at 9:39pm in Dedicated Source Components
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
Ross Martin Audio DACs? BB PCM1794 based DAC ($199 single DAC, $399 dual DAC with headamp) - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'm almost buying one...
I hope it's as good as read here.
Could have better external finish...
Could wait a few more reviews...
But curiosity is a silent killer.
And the price damn good.
By the way ...
I contacted Mr.Ross and he answered my questions quickly and clearly.
Another important point to make this choice.
I'm working my mind to decide.
WHY #2 ????
I'm just upgrading a Musiland Monitor 03.
Great for the money as the Monitor 02.
I have the same questions about the Ross DACs.
I know it seems like a "dark shot" option.
And what about the very positive feedback from here?
Nothing ventured nothing gained?
Explain your concerns...
Edited by Faithless - 5/23/12 at 8:23pm
I just had mine delivered today but I can't plug it in yet because....there's no plug, ... just bare wires.
Can someone advise on how to wire up a wall-plug. I'll be getting a second opinion obviously, but some basic advice would help as I'm not an electrician.
There seems to be no + or - so it appears as though it doesn't matter which way it's wired - correct?
I really can't understand the logic of not supplying a wall-plug.
If anyone's interested, I'll post a review once it's burned in. My current DAC is a modified Audio-GD NFB-2, I bi-amp into 2 integrateds and have a pair of modified AKG's which are very difficult to drive... and I had Ross put (dual) gain control on the DAC - as I assumed it would be too hot as is.
- Ross Martin Audio DACs? BB PCM1794 based DAC ($199 single DAC, $399 dual DAC with headamp)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The State of the Flagships 18 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 335 IEMs compared (Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear... 5 minutes ago
- › Remote FLAC streaming 7 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2