lol, i'm tempted to give it a try, and would love to compare it with my metrum octave...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) Last post on 12/8/13 at 12:22pm in Source Components For Sale / Trade
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- The best portable DAC/Amp? TTVJ or Head Amp? Last post on 8/2/10 at 10:15am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Balanced headamp with two different balanced inputs? Last post on 7/21/10 at 6:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- First DAC purchase: HeadAmp Pico DAC vs Little Dot DAC 1 vs others? Last post on 7/14/10 at 9:39pm in Dedicated Source Components
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Ross Martin Audio DACs? BB PCM1794 based DAC ($199 single DAC, $399 dual DAC with headamp) - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'm almost buying one...
I hope it's as good as read here.
Could have better external finish...
Could wait a few more reviews...
But curiosity is a silent killer.
And the price damn good.
By the way ...
I contacted Mr.Ross and he answered my questions quickly and clearly.
Another important point to make this choice.
I'm working my mind to decide.
WHY #2 ????
I'm just upgrading a Musiland Monitor 03.
Great for the money as the Monitor 02.
I have the same questions about the Ross DACs.
I know it seems like a "dark shot" option.
And what about the very positive feedback from here?
Nothing ventured nothing gained?
Explain your concerns...
Edited by Faithless - 5/23/12 at 8:23pm
I just had mine delivered today but I can't plug it in yet because....there's no plug, ... just bare wires.
Can someone advise on how to wire up a wall-plug. I'll be getting a second opinion obviously, but some basic advice would help as I'm not an electrician.
There seems to be no + or - so it appears as though it doesn't matter which way it's wired - correct?
I really can't understand the logic of not supplying a wall-plug.
If anyone's interested, I'll post a review once it's burned in. My current DAC is a modified Audio-GD NFB-2, I bi-amp into 2 integrateds and have a pair of modified AKG's which are very difficult to drive... and I had Ross put (dual) gain control on the DAC - as I assumed it would be too hot as is.
- Ross Martin Audio DACs? BB PCM1794 based DAC ($199 single DAC, $399 dual DAC with headamp)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 2014 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange 2 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 1 minute ago
- › Tidal lossless listening test, what's going on here? 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Official AAMML 2015 Holiday Gift Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Advices for catching the right home loan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3