or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 205

post #3061 of 3075

While I'm waiting for my sweet Flare Audio R2Pros to arrive... Was fiddling about and decided to try Neutron player for iOS... Gosh! Suddenly I have no need for any external amps with the pre-amp tuned up in the app. Making me fall in love with my EX1000 all over again. Makes it even good enough over bluetooth > Sony SBH20 > EX1000. So much so that I just ordered a 25cm for the EX1000 to use with the SBH20 lol.

 

That said, can't wait to see how the 5mm dynamic on the R2Pro stacks up against the EX1000 :)

post #3062 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanut View Post
 

While I'm waiting for my sweet Flare Audio R2Pros to arrive... Was fiddling about and decided to try Neutron player for iOS... Gosh! Suddenly I have no need for any external amps with the pre-amp tuned up in the app. Making me fall in love with my EX1000 all over again. Makes it even good enough over bluetooth > Sony SBH20 > EX1000. So much so that I just ordered a 25cm for the EX1000 to use with the SBH20 lol.

 

That said, can't wait to see how the 5mm dynamic on the R2Pro stacks up against the EX1000 :)

im wanting to buy the SBH20 foy my EX600, how is the SQ from it? your comment made me want it again =)

post #3063 of 3075

EX1000 users check in!!!  Still going strong after 2 years I love this IEM (minus the isolation duh)

 

Anyways any suggestion to upgrade the EX1000? Ear tips? Cables?

 

I really don't want my EX1000 to die, or should I buy a new one and keep in storage for the future lol.

post #3064 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwanness View Post

EX1000 users check in!!!  Still going strong after 2 years I love this IEM (minus the isolation duh)

Anyways any suggestion to upgrade the EX1000? Ear tips? Cables?

I really don't want my EX1000 to die, or should I buy a new one and keep in storage for the future lol.
using a twau for it now
post #3065 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwanness View Post
 

EX1000 users check in!!!  Still going strong after 2 years I love this IEM (minus the isolation duh)

 

Anyways any suggestion to upgrade the EX1000? Ear tips? Cables?

 

I really don't want my EX1000 to die, or should I buy a new one and keep in storage for the future lol.

 

LOL The EX1000 has basically killed my passion for this hobby after I tried a few others. Maybe my ears/brain are now adapted to this thing but who cares as long as it clicks. I bought a spare pair of EX1000 (Japan version) many months ago just in case to maintain the continuity, but it's been collecting dust somewhere in my house since the old pair still going strong. I have been pairing my EX1000 with the EX800 cable. 

 

As this hobby has died down, I have ventured into other hobbies thanks to the EX1000.

 

For those who may be interested, I strongly recommend pairing the EX1000 with totally capless DAP/AMP. Awesome sounding  - clean, organic and dynamic.

post #3066 of 3075
For me the natural upgrade from EX-1000 is the kaede II.
post #3067 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

LOL The EX1000 has basically killed my passion for this hobby after I tried a few others. Maybe my ears/brain are now adapted to this thing but who cares as long as it clicks. I bought a spare pair of EX1000 (Japan version) many months ago just in case to maintain the continuity, but it's been collecting dust somewhere in my house since the old pair still going strong. I have been pairing my EX1000 with the EX800 cable. 

As this hobby has died down, I have ventured into other hobbies thanks to the EX1000.

For those who may be interested, I strongly recommend pairing the EX1000 with totally capless DAP/AMP. Awesome sounding  - clean, organic and dynamic.

Same here!!!! I have no interest in other stuff this is truly my endgame iem! I had hd800 and ciems before this but still I just love the ex1000 as a whole. 2 years already and i hope more to come..


As for getting another pair of ex1000, I admit I am in a dilemma, hints of upgradetitis still linger! Gotta stay retired though this hobby is fun in a sense of the people we can meet and relate...
post #3068 of 3075

Hi! Long time lurker but first time poster to the EX-1000 thread.

 

I have been looking at buying one of these for a while now, but they're not anywhere to be found in Australia. Someone has just recently put a good condition used one up for sale for about 325 USD and before pulling the trigger I wanted to know whether it would be good value for someone who is looking for better bass than the ER4S but still good detail in the mids and high/trebles that aren't rolled off like in the RE-600S.

post #3069 of 3075
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucart1985 View Post
 

Hi! Long time lurker but first time poster to the EX-1000 thread.

 

I have been looking at buying one of these for a while now, but they're not anywhere to be found in Australia. Someone has just recently put a good condition used one up for sale for about 325 USD and before pulling the trigger I wanted to know whether it would be good value for someone who is looking for better bass than the ER4S but still good detail in the mids and high/trebles that aren't rolled off like in the RE-600S.

 

Hi, here's my quick 2c: depends on whether you want something close to the RE600, but with better treble presence. Or something close to the ER4S, but with better bass. In the first case, the EX1000 are a great choice. In the latter case, I'd rather steer you towards the DUNU 2000J.

post #3070 of 3075
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post
 

 

Hi, here's my quick 2c: depends on whether you want something close to the RE600, but with better treble presence. Or something close to the ER4S, but with better bass. In the first case, the EX1000 are a great choice. In the latter case, I'd rather steer you towards the DUNU 2000J.

Thanks for replying so quickly! I've heard about the DUNU 2000J - its a hybrid, so I was concerned about the drivers interfering with one another's sound, but will now check it out further =)

post #3071 of 3075

I pulled the trigger on the Dunu 2000J - some reviews say that it is not far from the performance of the $1000 AKG K3003, but for a little less than half the price!!! 

 

Thanks for the suggestion! =)

post #3072 of 3075
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alucart1985 View Post
 

Thanks for replying so quickly! I've heard about the DUNU 2000J - its a hybrid, so I was concerned about the drivers interfering with one another's sound, but will now check it out further =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alucart1985 View Post
 

I pulled the trigger on the Dunu 2000J - some reviews say that it is not far from the performance of the $1000 AKG K3003, but for a little less than half the price!!! 

 

Thanks for the suggestion! =)

 

Despite being hybrids, the 2000J's driver integration is virtually seamless. They're awesome IEMs, except for slightly too sibilant / splashy treble, which can be resolved by a simple mod (linked in my sig).

 

Please post feedback in the 2000J thread... I'd be interested in a short comparison to your ER4S (if you can find the time). :smile_phones: 

post #3073 of 3075

I will certainly compare the 2000Js to my ER4S - will post my opinion in the 2000J thread.

 

Now the constant checking of the parcel tracking begins! :D

post #3074 of 3075
Very good.. Enough to drive the earphones surprisingly well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Angel View Post

im wanting to buy the SBH20 foy my EX600, how is the SQ from it? your comment made me want it again =)
post #3075 of 3075

so excited for these again, will try the ex1000 on Hugo TT 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5