Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 21

post #301 of 3000

Just realized Sony DAPs don't play FLAC frown.gif

post #302 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan View Post

 


I know I'm comparing apples and oranges here (other than that both items have the LCP drivers), however - I've been happy with my iPhone 4G since it first came out, however - getting the MDR-Z1000, I decided to get my NWZ-X1060 out and charge it up...  Wow... Sony to Sony is gooooood :D
 

 

 

That's exactly what I find with my EX1000's & X1060. I really didn't mean to wind up with an all Sony rig, and seem like a fanboy, but that's what happened!! Ha ha ha.... But the synergy is just so good with the two Sony pieces. Sometimes I find myself preferring the clean sound I get with that humble portable setup over my Ultrasone Pro 900 / Sony X / JA uHA 120 rig. Scary that just the Sony DAP and the EX1000's can rival that much bigger of a setup.
 

 

post #303 of 3000

^You know what, for me it doesn't have have be only for Sony DAPs.  Anything I source to it is great, this is how high end IEMs should be designed(designed to sound good with any source).smile.gif

post #304 of 3000

Question: How does EX1000 compare with RE0? Expected answer: You kidding? Can't even be compared! EX1000 chops the RE0 into a million pieces and blows them into outer space to the furthest part of the universe!

 

lol But seriously, I just borrowed the RE0 again from a friend and I am just so impressed with them. Compared them directly with my e-Q5 and while they may not be better than e-Q5, they are easily on par in pretty much everything, but perhaps even better. They are also around the FX700 level at least IMO, just with less bass quantity and a different flavor. And all this quantity for only $79... man, it makes me feel so horrible for spending so much money on the e-Q5 or FX700.

post #305 of 3000

I've just realized today that with some headphones you notice difference in sound from different DAP sources.  But with certain headphones, you don't notice much difference.  It probably has to synergy the headphones provides to the DAP.  Some headphones provide great synergy to wide range of DAPs.  So far, I feel that EX-1000 does that.


Edited by High_Q - 4/30/11 at 12:29pm
post #306 of 3000

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

Question: How does EX1000 compare with RE0? Expected answer: You kidding? Can't even be compared! EX1000 chops the RE0 into a million pieces and blows them into outer space to the furthest part of the universe!

 

lol But seriously, I just borrowed the RE0 again from a friend and I am just so impressed with them. Compared them directly with my e-Q5 and while they may not be better than e-Q5, they are easily on par in pretty much everything, but perhaps even better. They are also around the FX700 level at least IMO, just with less bass quantity and a different flavor. And all this quantity for only $79... man, it makes me feel so horrible for spending so much money on the e-Q5 or FX700.

 

I get the very same feeling when listening to the SW-Xcape Impressive Edition (a close relative to the RE0) and yeah they are pretty good IEMs. Certainly very good for their price and if I were to judge by SQ alone (not build quality, accessories, etc.) I'd think that they cost around $200. That being said, I'm not sure they're better or on par with the FX700 or e-Q7 though... Close, but still a noticeable margin IMO. 
 

 

post #307 of 3000

These are the most amazing IEMs I've ever listened to.  I don't know how much better it can get. So clear and detailed, and smooth with my tube amp.  It amazes me every time I listen to them after listening to other IEMs.  These sound noticibly better than anything else that I have.  I will compare these to my 1964 triples when I get them.


Edited by High_Q - 5/1/11 at 4:10pm
post #308 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Q View Post

These are the most amazing IEMs I've ever listened to.  I don't know how much better it can get. So clear and detailed, and smooth with my tube amp.  It amazes me every time I listen to them after listening to other IEMs.  These sound noticibly better than anything else that I have.  I will compare these to my 1964 triples when I get them.


lol...IEMs + tube amp...
post #309 of 3000

I just got a pair of EX1000 today,, does it took very long time to be fully burned just as IE8 did? since both has dynamic driver

post #310 of 3000

I would think they do undergo some burn-in (being a large dynamic driver), but honestly I didn't notice as big a change as I did with the IE8, for whatever reason. I can't even recall what changed about the EX1000!! 

post #311 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Q View Post

These are the most amazing IEMs I've ever listened to.  I don't know how much better it can get. So clear and detailed, and smooth with my tube amp.  It amazes me every time I listen to them after listening to other IEMs.  These sound noticibly better than anything else that I have.  I will compare these to my 1964 triples when I get them.




lol...IEMs + tube amp...


To be fair, I would hardly ever consider the EX1000 for portable use (currently only using it when I need to hear my environment -- WOULD NOT use it for commute). So, if tube amps make the EX1000 sound much more impressive, then I am all for it!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by mayoniizu View Post

I just got a pair of EX1000 today,, does it took very long time to be fully burned just as IE8 did? since both has dynamic driver


 

Personally, the only "burn-in" syndrome I received from my EX1000 is that it gained a slightly tighter control over the treble. Not a dashingly big difference really.

post #312 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Q View Post

I will compare these to my 1964 triples when I get them.


That should be interesting.
 

 

post #313 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxwellDemon View Post




To be fair, I would hardly ever consider the EX1000 for portable use (currently only using it when I need to hear my environment -- WOULD NOT use it for commute). So, if tube amps make the EX1000 sound much more impressive, then I am all for it!

 




 

Personally, the only "burn-in" syndrome I received from my EX1000 is that it gained a slightly tighter control over the treble. Not a dashingly big difference really.


lol, non-portable IEMs? heh, how bad is the seal? I had EX500 and EX700 and they were both fairly ok with the right size silicon tips (not sm3 or ety er6i, but still ok even for a train full of school vermin). (EX700 had burning treble as well and there was minimal difference re: burn-in...mostly psychological and me going deaf)
Edited by svyr - 5/3/11 at 12:55am
post #314 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by svyr View Post



lol, non-portable IEMs? heh, how bad is the seal? I had EX500 and EX700 and they were both fairly ok with the right size silicon tips (not sm3 or ety er6i, but still ok even for a train full of school vermin). (EX700 had burning treble as well and there was minimal difference re: burn-in...mostly psychological and me going deaf)



The isolation is, so far, the worst I have experienced due its ear hangers. It managed to have an even shallower insertion compared to barrel-shaped IEMs like the RE0.

 

I need to get around to trying bi-flanges or triple flanges tip on these somehow -- just to increase their portability. tongue.gif

post #315 of 3000

I have similar issues... to keep from having the ear loops skew the proper seal by their stiff nature, I have to cinch up the chin slider right under my throat. That keeps it all secure, but whenever the chin slider starts to creep back down I have to tighten it again. Kind of a pain, but it works in keeping the seal.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5