Interesting. Inks, if you can get your hands on some of the RE-400 filters try measuring them with Rin. It's a good combo. (I also did the same thing on my filterless pair of Heaven C's...)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony MDR EX-1000tagged by System, 3/2/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's Under $500 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: Today
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 197post #2941 of 29574/1/13 at 8:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2942 of 29574/6/13 at 8:23am
I used the RE262 filters on the 600s, and that took the edge off by quit abit,
I just took a look at the RE400 filters anf they look different then the 262s? more cloth like? could just be the pictuer though?
Edited by ANDEROAN - 4/6/13 at 8:25ampost #2943 of 29574/11/13 at 1:42pm
I finally got my EX1000 this week and I´m really happy with them. Coming from the MDR-7550 they are exactly what I expected/read: more air, a more delicate presentation and a wider sound stage. Bass is a little less impactful, but it´s always fast and never ever masks the midrange at all. It´s simply extremely neutral with maybe a hint of V-shape. The most commonly stated flaw is also correct: it has a slight tendency towards sibilance, but it´s nowhere near as bad as one could think looking at the frequency response charts. I think the delicate effortless presentation manages to mask the peak quite well. What really sticks out however is that they don´t have the usual downfall of V-shape tuning: the soundstage is so wide that the vocals are placed in their own area that is really separate from the instruments. I´m not sure I hear any midrange recess here - if there the wide soundstage hides it very well.
The EX1000 to my ears is in many things superior (and then worse in others of course) to the Sennheiser IE800. Overall I would perhaps even place it in the same league as the IE800. It´s clearly a step up from the Shure 530/Sennheiser IE8 I used to own. For the record I´m pretty heavily biased towards soundstage/clarity/open sound so maybe that explaisn why I hold the EX1000 on such a high level. While the tuning is indeed not really meant for mainstream music, feed the EX1000 with well recorded acoustic for example and they simply stunning. It´s the only IEM I´ve heard in addition to the IE8/IE80 (and SQ wise those aren´t in the same league IMO) that has a soundstage close to full size headphones and can mimic many "out of head" sound effects pretty pretty well.
If you can live with the almost absolute lack of isolation (and many can´t which is understandable), prefer a neutral yet not analytical sound (a very rare combination I might add), listen mostly well recorder audiophile oriented music and can stand the occasional sibilant peaks you can´t really go wrong with the EX1000. It´s a top tier choice and one that I have no intentions of selling. I simply can´t understand why Sony are pulling these out of the US (and it seems EU too) market. I have the XBA-40 here and they do not replace the void these will leave in the Sony portfolio in any way! If anyone in the US/EU are interested in these it´s pretty much now or never as soon it seems Japan will be their only market.
PS: The MDR-7550 complements these superbly. While I easily prefer the EX1000 with well recorded materials, the MDR-7550 wins with modern loudly mastered top 40 stuff like hip hop. They are going for 150 euros at session.de right now - highly recommended, perhaps the best value in IEMs right now! I´ll be keeping both.post #2944 of 29574/12/13 at 6:49pm
Well my Ex1000 just arrived and I am on the fence. I like them with some of my music but find their mids a bit to "neutral" for my liking the 7550 was more where I prefer my mids. But I like their treble more as it's more where I like the treble LOL. Too bad both IEM's didn't have a kid :-).
I will give these some time but aside from enjoying their comfort I prefer the sound of my UE900 a bit more and may decide to only keep one flagship IEM...post #2945 of 29574/12/13 at 7:03pm
Hmm interesting. EX1000's mids are excellent IMO and I haven't heard much negatives about it's mids tho. Make sure you got a proper seal without leaking the mids.
Give it some time as your brain adjusts to a new sound signature.post #2946 of 29574/12/13 at 7:09pm
Definitely will give it some time :). In the meantime a very slightly boosted the mids with the EQ on my phone. I also realize I have grown used to slightly less treble with the UE900 than say my SRH-940/1440 headphones. I will let my brain do some burning in LOL.post #2947 of 29574/28/13 at 1:23pmpost #2948 of 29575/18/13 at 2:50pm
My 4Ai pairs well with the Rx MK2 as this little amp is a little bassy and the 4Ai is easily driven. Yet my EX1000 is a great fit for the UHA-6S.MK2. EX1000 is hard to drive by the Rx and amping- hungry and the UHA just does that.
Ultimate gear: EX1000 + UHA-6S.MK2 + iPod modded with Kemet/Evox caps + Pure silver lod
Backup ultimate gear: 4.Ai + Rx MK2 + iPod modded with Wima caps + Pure silver lodpost #2949 of 29576/27/13 at 1:18pmpost #2950 of 29576/27/13 at 8:58pmThread Starterpost #2951 of 295710/11/13 at 2:17pmpost #2952 of 295710/11/13 at 2:24pmpost #2953 of 295710/11/13 at 2:58pm
That sounds good. I have them incoming right now. Shot a like new pair on Ebay. I have the Sennheiser IE80 IEM. They sound a little unbalanced to me compared to my fullsize cans. I hope the EX-1000 is much better. I do not need that much bass, that the IE80 provides.
Edited by pietcux - 10/11/13 at 3:00pmpost #2954 of 295710/11/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
It should be a nice upgrade from IE80 and I really consider them as an upgrade.
Edited by audionewbi - 10/11/13 at 5:08pmpost #2955 of 295710/11/13 at 4:06pmQuote:
I used to own a pair of IE80, after I had been listening to the EX1000 for a while I couldn't take the IE80 anymore in the end. The IE80's bass just overpowers the details making my music sometimes sound muddy. The treble of the IE80 is very smooth and 'elastic".Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 19 seconds ago
- › RE262 broke, looking to replace with Vsonic GR07 29 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 37 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-D5000 Like new 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics S-EM6 Six driver universal IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi