Interesting. Inks, if you can get your hands on some of the RE-400 filters try measuring them with Rin. It's a good combo. (I also did the same thing on my filterless pair of Heaven C's...)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony MDR EX-1000tagged by System, 3/2/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's Under $500 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 197
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I used the RE262 filters on the 600s, and that took the edge off by quit abit,
I just took a look at the RE400 filters anf they look different then the 262s? more cloth like? could just be the pictuer though?
Edited by ANDEROAN - 4/6/13 at 8:25am
I finally got my EX1000 this week and I´m really happy with them. Coming from the MDR-7550 they are exactly what I expected/read: more air, a more delicate presentation and a wider sound stage. Bass is a little less impactful, but it´s always fast and never ever masks the midrange at all. It´s simply extremely neutral with maybe a hint of V-shape. The most commonly stated flaw is also correct: it has a slight tendency towards sibilance, but it´s nowhere near as bad as one could think looking at the frequency response charts. I think the delicate effortless presentation manages to mask the peak quite well. What really sticks out however is that they don´t have the usual downfall of V-shape tuning: the soundstage is so wide that the vocals are placed in their own area that is really separate from the instruments. I´m not sure I hear any midrange recess here - if there the wide soundstage hides it very well.
The EX1000 to my ears is in many things superior (and then worse in others of course) to the Sennheiser IE800. Overall I would perhaps even place it in the same league as the IE800. It´s clearly a step up from the Shure 530/Sennheiser IE8 I used to own. For the record I´m pretty heavily biased towards soundstage/clarity/open sound so maybe that explaisn why I hold the EX1000 on such a high level. While the tuning is indeed not really meant for mainstream music, feed the EX1000 with well recorded acoustic for example and they simply stunning. It´s the only IEM I´ve heard in addition to the IE8/IE80 (and SQ wise those aren´t in the same league IMO) that has a soundstage close to full size headphones and can mimic many "out of head" sound effects pretty pretty well.
If you can live with the almost absolute lack of isolation (and many can´t which is understandable), prefer a neutral yet not analytical sound (a very rare combination I might add), listen mostly well recorder audiophile oriented music and can stand the occasional sibilant peaks you can´t really go wrong with the EX1000. It´s a top tier choice and one that I have no intentions of selling. I simply can´t understand why Sony are pulling these out of the US (and it seems EU too) market. I have the XBA-40 here and they do not replace the void these will leave in the Sony portfolio in any way! If anyone in the US/EU are interested in these it´s pretty much now or never as soon it seems Japan will be their only market.
PS: The MDR-7550 complements these superbly. While I easily prefer the EX1000 with well recorded materials, the MDR-7550 wins with modern loudly mastered top 40 stuff like hip hop. They are going for 150 euros at session.de right now - highly recommended, perhaps the best value in IEMs right now! I´ll be keeping both.
Well my Ex1000 just arrived and I am on the fence. I like them with some of my music but find their mids a bit to "neutral" for my liking the 7550 was more where I prefer my mids. But I like their treble more as it's more where I like the treble LOL. Too bad both IEM's didn't have a kid :-).
I will give these some time but aside from enjoying their comfort I prefer the sound of my UE900 a bit more and may decide to only keep one flagship IEM...
Hmm interesting. EX1000's mids are excellent IMO and I haven't heard much negatives about it's mids tho. Make sure you got a proper seal without leaking the mids.
Give it some time as your brain adjusts to a new sound signature.
Definitely will give it some time :). In the meantime a very slightly boosted the mids with the EQ on my phone. I also realize I have grown used to slightly less treble with the UE900 than say my SRH-940/1440 headphones. I will let my brain do some burning in LOL.
My 4Ai pairs well with the Rx MK2 as this little amp is a little bassy and the 4Ai is easily driven. Yet my EX1000 is a great fit for the UHA-6S.MK2. EX1000 is hard to drive by the Rx and amping- hungry and the UHA just does that.
Ultimate gear: EX1000 + UHA-6S.MK2 + iPod modded with Kemet/Evox caps + Pure silver lod
Backup ultimate gear: 4.Ai + Rx MK2 + iPod modded with Wima caps + Pure silver lod
That sounds good. I have them incoming right now. Shot a like new pair on Ebay. I have the Sennheiser IE80 IEM. They sound a little unbalanced to me compared to my fullsize cans. I hope the EX-1000 is much better. I do not need that much bass, that the IE80 provides.
Edited by pietcux - 10/11/13 at 3:00pm
It should be a nice upgrade from IE80 and I really consider them as an upgrade.
Edited by audionewbi - 10/11/13 at 5:08pm
I used to own a pair of IE80, after I had been listening to the EX1000 for a while I couldn't take the IE80 anymore in the end. The IE80's bass just overpowers the details making my music sometimes sound muddy. The treble of the IE80 is very smooth and 'elastic".
- [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 second ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 11 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 25 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Jomo Audio 4 - Custom & Universal Fun 1 minute ago
- › Is it worth it? 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 CanJam @ RMAF, October 7-9, 2016: The Exhibitor List! 5 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...