Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 192

post #2866 of 3000

SONY if you can hear me please just revamp the design for the looks only and keep the SQ intact. Wearing the EX1000 makes me feel like the ogre in 'Shrek".

post #2867 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

SONY if you can hear me please just revamp the design for the looks only and keep the SQ intact. Wearing the EX1000 makes me feel like the ogre in 'Shrek".

LOL.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

I can only speak from memory (as my Heaven C's are loaned to a fellow member atm), but I'd say the C's have a tad more bass and the mids are a smidgen less forward. Plus, the Final Audios sound slightly fuller than the Ortofons. The difference is small though even with stock tips, and the C's are tunable with Sony hybrids, as mentioned earlier.

Thanks.

post #2868 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

SONY if you can hear me please just revamp the design for the looks only and keep the SQ intact.

 

Be careful what you wish for... wink.gif

 

post #2869 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

 

Be careful what you wish for... wink.gif

 

 

Haha, is that IEM? The guy looks like lost. LOL.

post #2870 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

Haha, is that IEM? The guy looks like lost. LOL.

 

No, it's the PVR-V1. That was back in 2008. Then someone asked them to "please just revamp the design for the looks only and keep the SQ intact" and that brought us the EX1000, lol. wink.gif

post #2871 of 3000
Hahahah mate I'm afraid I must injure your fashion confidence, the V1s are not the pinnacle of fashion, the AKG K1000s are.
Edited by Ypoknons - 2/18/13 at 5:37am
post #2872 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

SONY if you can hear me please just revamp the design for the looks only and keep the SQ intact. Wearing the EX1000 makes me feel like the ogre in 'Shrek".

 

Agree totally with this.  I just received a pair of EX1000's as part of a trade and these sound beautiful.  As a previous owner of the EX600's many months ago I had a general idea what I was in store for.....but they really are the best sounding universal I've heard. 

 

A shame I cannot stand the fit / design.  Very odd shaped, they stick out quite a bit and are a total non-option if I'm on the go anywhere.  I'll have to keep them for the office.

 

...and since I'm posting in the comparison thread here i might as well add my 2 cents on the others:

 

- The EQ5's are a steal for their price imo, amazing with strings and seam very balanced. I've had them for 1-2 years now and don't listen to them much anymore mostly due to fit (I prefer the westone over-the-ear fit).

 

- The FX700 was one I could never really get into.  The bass is too much for me, it just feels like it takes over everything.  I have enjoyed them with with more beat related music  (daft punk or maybe deadmau5 etc).  The vocals are very clear but seam to be pushed back in the presentation in a way I do not enjoy.

 

Have not heard the GR10.  Mostly just came to say I was impressed with the EX1000.

post #2873 of 3000

Be warned the EX1000 is capable of causing you to lose appetite for hi-fi upgrade. wink_face.gif

 

I recently sold my IE80's because of the EX1000. I just couldn't stand listening to the IE80's anymore after using the EX1000 for a few months.

post #2874 of 3000
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by barid View Post

- The FX700 was one I could never really get into.  The bass is too much for me, it just feels like it takes over everything.  I have enjoyed them with with more beat related music  (daft punk or maybe deadmau5 etc).  The vocals are very clear but seam to be pushed back in the presentation in a way I do not enjoy.

 

Rin just finshed his anaysis of the FX700 and provides an insight on how to make these sound a bit more balanced. In a nutshell, use long-stem tips and a loose seal to get the best out of them.

 

His conclusions from measurements mirror my own listening experience quite nicely: longer stem and smaller diameter is the way to go with the FX700.

post #2875 of 3000

EX1000 just arrived and I can say that I have never encountered any headphone/IEM to sound good to my ear right from the get go, this has never happened to me. My only concern is the cable, they dont seem to accept the shape of my ear loops. 

post #2876 of 3000

Does the EX1000 isolate well enough for airplanes? The PFE232 had enough isolation for me, is the EX1000's isolation a lot worse?

post #2877 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

EX1000 just arrived and I can say that I have never encountered any headphone/IEM to sound good to my ear right from the get go, this has never happened to me. My only concern is the cable, they dont seem to accept the shape of my ear loops. 
Congrats! It's a brilliant phone.
post #2878 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by up late View Post


Congrats! It's a brilliant phone.

Thank you, listening to my standard IEM testing tune and so far it has passed the tracks with flying colors! 

post #2879 of 3000

You can't be disappointed with the EX1000 unless you have hearing issues. wink_face.gif

 

You are warned the EX1000 will sound much better after 1,000 hrs of burn-ins. Be patient.

post #2880 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMinor View Post

You can't be disappointed with the EX1000 unless you have hearing issues. wink_face.gif

 

You are warned the EX1000 will sound much better after 1,000 hrs of burn-ins. Be patient.

Go to be honest I bought this thinking that will be super bright IEM but they are just not that, CK100PRO not that is a bright IEM!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5