These are my first 'quality in-ears'. I was previously using Creative $40 in-ears. But I'm a music producer and have monitors with a subwoofer. But yea, these Sony's really have no bass in my opinion.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony MDR EX-1000tagged by System, 3/2/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's Under $500 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 187
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2792 of 300011/21/12 at 10:10ampost #2793 of 300011/21/12 at 10:16amQuote:
+2-4 dB is "no bass" for most people --- we tend to forget
For the masses, +6 is "okay bass", while +8-12 is "great bass"...post #2794 of 300011/21/12 at 10:24amQuote:Quote:
Where did you guys find this information?
And what are those values / bass for the Sennheiser IE80 and the Monsters?post #2795 of 300011/21/12 at 10:29amhttp://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/04/effect-of-ear-sleeves-sony-mdr-ex1000.html?m=1
The others you mentioned have gobs of mid bass. You probably find those here:
http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.phppost #2796 of 300011/21/12 at 10:33amQuote:
I estimate the IE80 at the lowest screw setting to be ~6-8 dB over neutral, and the Monster Beat Tour to be +12 dB at least.
Edited by tomscy2000 - 11/21/12 at 10:34ampost #2797 of 300011/21/12 at 10:55amQuote:
okay thanks. What about the Monster Coppers vs Gold vs Miles davis in terms of +db's in bass?post #2798 of 300011/21/12 at 11:02amQuote:
Approximately 10, 15 and 13 in the order you listed them.post #2799 of 300011/21/12 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by shotgunshane
Approximately 10, 15 and 13 in the order you listed them.
THanks a lot! How to read this graph? I think I need to read the first graph to get that value? How to read it?
Sorry for so many questions, but what's the +db's of bass of the JVC HA-FX700?post #2800 of 300011/21/12 at 3:13pmThe gray line is the raw graph, as it actually measured. The colored graph is the compensated version- what your ear should actually hear. That's the simple explanation. Innerfidelity and Rin's blog have a lot of useful information on interpreting graphs.post #2801 of 300011/22/12 at 3:05amQuote:Originally Posted by The Known
I bought the Sony EX1000. I received them today but I think the quality is awful. There is like no bass at all and the highs are too sharp. In order to hear a tiny little bit of bass you have to turn up the volume so much that the highs become very dominating and annoying.
These are definitely gonna be returned to the store.
Make sure you have the proper seal and also let it burn in for some time before you decide on returning it to the store. You may well be likely changing your mind.
The quality of the EX1000 bass is amazing. Whether there is enough bass that can be debatable depending on individual's preference. Personally I don't find it lacking at all in its bass quantity.
The sharp treble at high notes will improve as the burn-in's progress, and yes it could be a little bothering to some individuals but personally it is tolerable/acceptable. One thing worth mentioning is to feed your dap with the quality music regardless what iem's you use.post #2802 of 300011/22/12 at 4:10amQuote:
The FX700s have great bass. Lots of texture, very deep, amazing timbre. But for me the quantity was the problem at higher volumes. Both treble and bass steal the show and the mids are recessed in comparison to the treble and bass. So they were relegated to very low volume listening when I had them. So in the end they just didn't get used much at all and I sold them. But if you don't mind V-shaped the FX700s are the top IMO. Also their imaging is superb. I have yet to hear an IEM that has better imaging at such low volumes compared to the FX700.
Now regarding the IE80s I've tape modded them and the mid bass is very much under control. It's all sub bass power on them now and even that is much more controlled. Treble and mids are much more detailed than before. Also the speed (prat) is much improved. I was surprised to find that the mid bass was what was really slowing things down. They are mid-centric now IMO. A heafier actually compared the mids to his UMX3 with the mod. The sound stage is about the same size just you aren't getting a false sense of size due to mid bass bloat. If the track calls for lots of bass or a little you'll get it, if the sound stage is small or large naturally in the track it will be presented that way on the IE80s. My IE80 is like a chameleon now. For an all arounder IEM they are one of the very best, especially after the tape mod. The MDR-7550s are also quite nice but I think they will lack the bass quantity you want. But they are very neutral and musical at the same time as well.
Edited by lee730 - 11/22/12 at 4:31ampost #2803 of 300011/22/12 at 10:23ampost #2804 of 300011/22/12 at 1:24pmpost #2805 of 300011/22/12 at 5:06pmQuote:
This is uncompensated but bass doesn't really change much after, so it's about 8 to 10 db's.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Pico Slim for sale 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF VIBRO ! 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Rev-1 Good Condition with PlusSound cable! 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)