These are my first 'quality in-ears'. I was previously using Creative $40 in-ears. But I'm a music producer and have monitors with a subwoofer. But yea, these Sony's really have no bass in my opinion.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony MDR EX-1000tagged by System, 3/2/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's Under $500 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 187
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2792 of 298411/21/12 at 10:10ampost #2793 of 298411/21/12 at 10:16amQuote:
+2-4 dB is "no bass" for most people --- we tend to forget
For the masses, +6 is "okay bass", while +8-12 is "great bass"...post #2794 of 298411/21/12 at 10:24amQuote:Quote:
Where did you guys find this information?
And what are those values / bass for the Sennheiser IE80 and the Monsters?post #2795 of 298411/21/12 at 10:29amhttp://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/04/effect-of-ear-sleeves-sony-mdr-ex1000.html?m=1
The others you mentioned have gobs of mid bass. You probably find those here:
http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.phppost #2796 of 298411/21/12 at 10:33amQuote:
I estimate the IE80 at the lowest screw setting to be ~6-8 dB over neutral, and the Monster Beat Tour to be +12 dB at least.
Edited by tomscy2000 - 11/21/12 at 10:34ampost #2797 of 298411/21/12 at 10:55amQuote:
okay thanks. What about the Monster Coppers vs Gold vs Miles davis in terms of +db's in bass?post #2798 of 298411/21/12 at 11:02amQuote:
Approximately 10, 15 and 13 in the order you listed them.post #2799 of 298411/21/12 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by shotgunshane
Approximately 10, 15 and 13 in the order you listed them.
THanks a lot! How to read this graph? I think I need to read the first graph to get that value? How to read it?
Sorry for so many questions, but what's the +db's of bass of the JVC HA-FX700?post #2800 of 298411/21/12 at 3:13pmThe gray line is the raw graph, as it actually measured. The colored graph is the compensated version- what your ear should actually hear. That's the simple explanation. Innerfidelity and Rin's blog have a lot of useful information on interpreting graphs.post #2801 of 298411/22/12 at 3:05amQuote:Originally Posted by The Known
I bought the Sony EX1000. I received them today but I think the quality is awful. There is like no bass at all and the highs are too sharp. In order to hear a tiny little bit of bass you have to turn up the volume so much that the highs become very dominating and annoying.
These are definitely gonna be returned to the store.
Make sure you have the proper seal and also let it burn in for some time before you decide on returning it to the store. You may well be likely changing your mind.
The quality of the EX1000 bass is amazing. Whether there is enough bass that can be debatable depending on individual's preference. Personally I don't find it lacking at all in its bass quantity.
The sharp treble at high notes will improve as the burn-in's progress, and yes it could be a little bothering to some individuals but personally it is tolerable/acceptable. One thing worth mentioning is to feed your dap with the quality music regardless what iem's you use.post #2802 of 298411/22/12 at 4:10amQuote:
The FX700s have great bass. Lots of texture, very deep, amazing timbre. But for me the quantity was the problem at higher volumes. Both treble and bass steal the show and the mids are recessed in comparison to the treble and bass. So they were relegated to very low volume listening when I had them. So in the end they just didn't get used much at all and I sold them. But if you don't mind V-shaped the FX700s are the top IMO. Also their imaging is superb. I have yet to hear an IEM that has better imaging at such low volumes compared to the FX700.
Now regarding the IE80s I've tape modded them and the mid bass is very much under control. It's all sub bass power on them now and even that is much more controlled. Treble and mids are much more detailed than before. Also the speed (prat) is much improved. I was surprised to find that the mid bass was what was really slowing things down. They are mid-centric now IMO. A heafier actually compared the mids to his UMX3 with the mod. The sound stage is about the same size just you aren't getting a false sense of size due to mid bass bloat. If the track calls for lots of bass or a little you'll get it, if the sound stage is small or large naturally in the track it will be presented that way on the IE80s. My IE80 is like a chameleon now. For an all arounder IEM they are one of the very best, especially after the tape mod. The MDR-7550s are also quite nice but I think they will lack the bass quantity you want. But they are very neutral and musical at the same time as well.
Edited by lee730 - 11/22/12 at 4:31ampost #2803 of 298411/22/12 at 10:23ampost #2804 of 298411/22/12 at 1:24pmpost #2805 of 298411/22/12 at 5:06pmQuote:
This is uncompensated but bass doesn't really change much after, so it's about 8 to 10 db's.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 40 seconds ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 - Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Icon Audio HP8 MKII 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K240 Monitor with Hifiman velour pads 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude