Nice to see someone w/a high end custom still speak highly of a universal, the fx700. Usually when people get customs, the universal's "flaws" suddenly become more apparent.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony MDR EX-1000tagged by System, 3/2/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's Under $500 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 157
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 298310/27/11 at 3:49pm
Well, to be fair most anything that could be considered an upgrade to the Coppers is gonna have less bass. The Monster top-tiers are generally some of the bassiest high-end IEMs out there.
Quote:post #2343 of 298310/27/11 at 3:53pm
I think the Monsters are too bass heavy when it comes down to it. It detracts from trying to get close to the recording's true color. To each their own though, nothing wrong with liking that extra coloration.post #2344 of 298310/27/11 at 4:57pm
Couldn't agree more.post #2345 of 298310/27/11 at 6:42pm
Yeah, IMO my custom iem still cannot replicate the timbre of a DD iem like FX700. But for other aspects, like noise isolation, transparency, resolution and faster decay of notes (usually found on BA iems), my custom still tops my other universals. Flaws can be apparent on both ways.
Quote:post #2346 of 298311/5/11 at 11:46pm
These have the perfect amount of bass of anything I've ever heard. Suitable for every genre of music. Never excessive, never lean. Stays out of the way unless needed. Better texturing than anything I've heard. OMGpost #2347 of 298311/5/11 at 11:55pmpost #2348 of 298311/6/11 at 12:12am
Did I mention the bass IMPACT is pretty much perfect too? It doesn't feel like someone's drumming with crowbars as is the case with my Monsters at times, not does it sound like someone's drumming with a french tickler(Yuin PK2, for instance). It's just right.post #2349 of 298311/10/11 at 10:14pm
So you're saying the EX1000 sounds better than the GR07 then, right?
Quote:post #2350 of 298311/10/11 at 10:16pmpost #2351 of 298311/11/11 at 10:15amQuote:
I think eric prefers the GR07 to the EX1000. Otherwise he'd most likely have the EX1000. I bet if the IE80s fixes the issues of the IE8 the new IE80 will be his new all-time favorite.
post #2352 of 298311/11/11 at 3:14pm
Yeah, I'm just stirring the pot.
To those of you who find these sibilant, what source do you use? I find that they're less likely to be sibilant out of my Clip+ than they are out of my E7 for instance.post #2353 of 298311/11/11 at 4:15pmQuote:
Even using it on my Hifiman 601 I found it still sibilant. Not sure if maybe sibilant could be a different term from treble spike. But that was the main issue for me, even with the mellow Hifiman 601.post #2354 of 298311/12/11 at 8:02amQuote:
.... Hmmmmm? Ahhhhh.....No! I'm saying the EX1000 is prettier than the GR07 though... Although I'm mighty fond of the EX1000's middle sister, the 7550. We really like each other. And the baby sister isn't bad (EX600).post #2355 of 298311/13/11 at 12:08pm
I just got the EX600 and I'm just reminded of how difficult it is to get good seal on the EX sisters. They can trick you into having good seal, then when you turn on the music they cry like a wailing banshee into your ears. Unbearable, and I think that illusion of good fit but sub par SQ is what most people struggle in liking the EX1000.
Anyway about the EX600. They're really good for their price but they sound so unrefined and harsh in comparison to the EX1000. And I really miss the lovely mids in the EX1000.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 39 seconds ago
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Alo Audio Tripple Pipe 2 minutes ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 3 minutes ago
- › FIIO E18 - Charge Out not Working 3 minutes ago
- › Choices, choices... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-300 cable broken after 4 days (How could this be?!) 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 4 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude