Nice to see someone w/a high end custom still speak highly of a universal, the fx700. Usually when people get customs, the universal's "flaws" suddenly become more apparent.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony MDR EX-1000tagged by System, 3/2/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's Under $500 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 157
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2342 of 300010/27/11 at 3:49pm
Well, to be fair most anything that could be considered an upgrade to the Coppers is gonna have less bass. The Monster top-tiers are generally some of the bassiest high-end IEMs out there.
Quote:post #2343 of 300010/27/11 at 3:53pm
I think the Monsters are too bass heavy when it comes down to it. It detracts from trying to get close to the recording's true color. To each their own though, nothing wrong with liking that extra coloration.post #2344 of 300010/27/11 at 4:57pm
Couldn't agree more.post #2345 of 300010/27/11 at 6:42pm
Yeah, IMO my custom iem still cannot replicate the timbre of a DD iem like FX700. But for other aspects, like noise isolation, transparency, resolution and faster decay of notes (usually found on BA iems), my custom still tops my other universals. Flaws can be apparent on both ways.
Quote:post #2346 of 300011/5/11 at 11:46pm
These have the perfect amount of bass of anything I've ever heard. Suitable for every genre of music. Never excessive, never lean. Stays out of the way unless needed. Better texturing than anything I've heard. OMGpost #2347 of 300011/5/11 at 11:55pmpost #2348 of 300011/6/11 at 12:12am
Did I mention the bass IMPACT is pretty much perfect too? It doesn't feel like someone's drumming with crowbars as is the case with my Monsters at times, not does it sound like someone's drumming with a french tickler(Yuin PK2, for instance). It's just right.post #2349 of 300011/10/11 at 10:14pm
So you're saying the EX1000 sounds better than the GR07 then, right?
Quote:post #2350 of 300011/10/11 at 10:16pmpost #2351 of 300011/11/11 at 10:15amQuote:
I think eric prefers the GR07 to the EX1000. Otherwise he'd most likely have the EX1000. I bet if the IE80s fixes the issues of the IE8 the new IE80 will be his new all-time favorite.
post #2352 of 300011/11/11 at 3:14pm
Yeah, I'm just stirring the pot.
To those of you who find these sibilant, what source do you use? I find that they're less likely to be sibilant out of my Clip+ than they are out of my E7 for instance.post #2353 of 300011/11/11 at 4:15pmQuote:
Even using it on my Hifiman 601 I found it still sibilant. Not sure if maybe sibilant could be a different term from treble spike. But that was the main issue for me, even with the mellow Hifiman 601.post #2354 of 300011/12/11 at 8:02amQuote:
.... Hmmmmm? Ahhhhh.....No! I'm saying the EX1000 is prettier than the GR07 though... Although I'm mighty fond of the EX1000's middle sister, the 7550. We really like each other. And the baby sister isn't bad (EX600).post #2355 of 300011/13/11 at 12:08pm
I just got the EX600 and I'm just reminded of how difficult it is to get good seal on the EX sisters. They can trick you into having good seal, then when you turn on the music they cry like a wailing banshee into your ears. Unbearable, and I think that illusion of good fit but sub par SQ is what most people struggle in liking the EX1000.
Anyway about the EX600. They're really good for their price but they sound so unrefined and harsh in comparison to the EX1000. And I really miss the lovely mids in the EX1000.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone recommendations. Bose QC 25, Sennheiser Momentum,... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › Nordost Heimdall headphone cable 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)