Nice to see someone w/a high end custom still speak highly of a universal, the fx700. Usually when people get customs, the universal's "flaws" suddenly become more apparent.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productGrado GR10 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/16/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/16/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productOrtofon e-Q5tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 4/12/11
- productSony MDR EX1000tagged by System, 2/16/11
- productSony MDR EX-1000tagged by System, 3/2/13
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser IE80s vs. Utimate Ears UE900? Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best IEM's Under $500 Last post on 11/18/12 at 8:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535's worth upgrading to? Last post on 9/22/12 at 9:50am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade recommendations from Westone 4? Last post on 6/13/13 at 3:05am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Heir Audio 3.AI vs. Heir Audio 4.AI vs Sony EX1000! Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 157
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, to be fair most anything that could be considered an upgrade to the Coppers is gonna have less bass. The Monster top-tiers are generally some of the bassiest high-end IEMs out there.
I think the Monsters are too bass heavy when it comes down to it. It detracts from trying to get close to the recording's true color. To each their own though, nothing wrong with liking that extra coloration.
Couldn't agree more.
Yeah, IMO my custom iem still cannot replicate the timbre of a DD iem like FX700. But for other aspects, like noise isolation, transparency, resolution and faster decay of notes (usually found on BA iems), my custom still tops my other universals. Flaws can be apparent on both ways.
These have the perfect amount of bass of anything I've ever heard. Suitable for every genre of music. Never excessive, never lean. Stays out of the way unless needed. Better texturing than anything I've heard. OMG
Did I mention the bass IMPACT is pretty much perfect too? It doesn't feel like someone's drumming with crowbars as is the case with my Monsters at times, not does it sound like someone's drumming with a french tickler(Yuin PK2, for instance). It's just right.
So you're saying the EX1000 sounds better than the GR07 then, right?
I think eric prefers the GR07 to the EX1000. Otherwise he'd most likely have the EX1000. I bet if the IE80s fixes the issues of the IE8 the new IE80 will be his new all-time favorite.
Yeah, I'm just stirring the pot.
To those of you who find these sibilant, what source do you use? I find that they're less likely to be sibilant out of my Clip+ than they are out of my E7 for instance.
Even using it on my Hifiman 601 I found it still sibilant. Not sure if maybe sibilant could be a different term from treble spike. But that was the main issue for me, even with the mellow Hifiman 601.
.... Hmmmmm? Ahhhhh.....No! I'm saying the EX1000 is prettier than the GR07 though... Although I'm mighty fond of the EX1000's middle sister, the 7550. We really like each other. And the baby sister isn't bad (EX600).
I just got the EX600 and I'm just reminded of how difficult it is to get good seal on the EX sisters. They can trick you into having good seal, then when you turn on the music they cry like a wailing banshee into your ears. Unbearable, and I think that illusion of good fit but sub par SQ is what most people struggle in liking the EX1000.
Anyway about the EX600. They're really good for their price but they sound so unrefined and harsh in comparison to the EX1000. And I really miss the lovely mids in the EX1000.
- [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Linum BaX 2-Pin Long 9 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 or ATH-CKR9? 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › for anyone who is using Spotify 1 minute ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 6 minutes ago
- › Good movie soundtracks (no vocal tracks) in your opinion 7 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 7 minutes ago
- › Onkyo ES-CTI300 Headphones - Inner Fidelity wall of fame member!... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3