Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 134

post #1996 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

I've yet to find an equal match; their synergy is as if the Zo was built exclusively with the EX1000 in mind. Nothing like it, really. biggrin.gif


ZO v2 - where are you? frown.gif

 

On second thoughts, even without the ZO, EX-1000 is one of my favorites as far as bass goes.

post #1997 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by esanthosh View Post

ZO v2 - where are you? frown.gif

 

On second thoughts, even without the ZO, EX-1000 is one of my favorites as far as bass goes.

 

No doubt about it my friend. But the Zo takes my love for the EX1000 to the next level, if ever there was one. etysmile.gif

post #1998 of 3000

Curse it, guys!

 

My wallet has suffered enough and now I have to go and pick up the ZO too?! basshead.gif

post #1999 of 3000

^ LOL, thankfully my wallet is already empty and cannot be punished any further...for now at least. I can only sit here and watch you all gush about this and that IEM and amp or ZO or whatnot. Its quite a relief on one hand but on the other I am dying of curiosity. tongue.gif

post #2000 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

 

No doubt about it my friend. But the Zo takes my love for the EX1000 to the next level, if ever there was one. etysmile.gif



Just grabbed a ZO with imperfections by emailing the company.  $70 plus $5.20 shipping in US.  

post #2001 of 3000

Right now I have an Iphone 4 and Cowon C2 as my daps. I'm using Westone UM3X with both. While I like the sound of the Westone  after awhile they can be a bit boring. I'm looking for something at the oppisite end of the spectrum compared to the westone's, something a little bit more fun with a wider soundstage not so analytical I guess. I listen to mainly 90's alternative rock, some metal and punk also. Would the EX1000's be what I'm looking for? With the recent lower prices I'm very interested in them. Thanks!

post #2002 of 3000

Fellow EXmen, and fellow ZOwners, brace yourselves... basshead.gif

 

post #2003 of 3000
^hmn, something has landed?!
post #2004 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxChino View Post

Right now I have an Iphone 4 and Cowon C2 as my daps. I'm using Westone UM3X with both. While I like the sound of the Westone  after awhile they can be a bit boring. I'm looking for something at the oppisite end of the spectrum compared to the westone's, something a little bit more fun with a wider soundstage not so analytical I guess. I listen to mainly 90's alternative rock, some metal and punk also. Would the EX1000's be what I'm looking for? With the recent lower prices I'm very interested in them. Thanks!


Sennheiser IE8, FX700, EX1000(highely recommended and ZO is good match with EX series), EX7550, EX600, GR07, MTP Gold, MTP Copper and TF10Pro.

 


Edited by ZARIM - 8/26/11 at 6:16am
post #2005 of 3000

What's this Zo you guys are talking about?

post #2006 of 3000
post #2007 of 3000

Interesting, thanks. I think the Zo might pair well with my slightly lean sounding RE272. Actually, based on how insanely high quality the low end sounds to me on the RE272, this amp might make the sound really special...


Edited by Pianist - 8/26/11 at 8:16am
post #2008 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post

^hmn, something has landed?!


rolleyes.gif Em3 pro??

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARIM View Post




Sennheiser IE8, FX700, EX1000(highely recommended and ZO is good match with EX series), EX7550, EX600, GR07, MTP Gold, MTP Copper and TF10Pro.

 


yup, agree with the MTP Coppers and TF10pro :D

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

What's this Zo you guys are talking about?

eek.gifeek.gif
 

 

post #2009 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

What's this Zo you guys are talking about?

 

Zo = blink.gif...basshead.gif...evil_smiley.gif

post #2010 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by the chimp View Post

Just popped over to Tyll Hertsens' InnerFidelity website, where I see he has given both the Sony EX1000 and EX600 a favourable review. 

 

//www.innerfidelity.com/content/sony-mdr-ex600-and-mdr-ex1000-ear-headphones



I think this is pretty much spot on review, except if I had to choose between Shure SE535 and EX1000 for any kind of portable gear use, the Shure's wouldn't be my choice under any kind of circumstances.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5