Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 12

post #166 of 3000

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuahogary View Post

Having heard James' FX700 for a while, I can understand now why he puts the EX1000's timbre above the FX700. The EX1000 simply does more instruments better than the FX700 though the FX700 is still better in acoustic guitars and the HJE900 still puts more expensive IEMs to shame with its timbre for electric guitar and drums. I have also updated my impressions again after figuring this out.

 

There are some instruments which I have not much experience listening to in real life i.e. bassoon, cello, etc. so I'm not in a position to comment much on them. However, I can say I'm fairly experienced with being around guitars and even keyboards / pianos and drums.

 

Thanks again James for helping me out with the loaner units wink.gif


I didn't listen to electric guitar on the HJE900, but I wasn't impressed how it reproduced drums at all. I think e-Q7 and FX700 have better quality bass.

post #167 of 3000
I agree on the awesomeness of distortion rock guitars (I have not heard better) on the panny's but drums are pretty weak to me.
post #168 of 3000

Agreed, drums are find though especially modded. 

 

Edit: Actually on the guitar front I think the Atrio MG7 takes the crown on this one, with electric or acoustic.


Edited by Confispect - 4/2/11 at 12:35pm
post #169 of 3000

I have a feeling the EX1000 may be an IEM that I will really like. Too bad its so darn expensive. I doubt its worth the extra $$$ over the FX700, but who knows.

post #170 of 3000

 

To be honest my mission is to get them and compare I feel these will go head to head.

 

As I'm hearing the Sony does sub-bass nicely as well at least that's what I think I heard tongue_smile.gif

post #171 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post

Agreed, drums are find though especially modded. 

 

Edit: Actually on the guitar front I think the Atrio MG7 takes the crown on this one, with electric or acoustic.


 

Really? Hmmm gotta get my hand on a pair of atrios now lol.. though the excessive bass doesn't sound as alluring


Edited by Daanish - 4/2/11 at 2:59pm
post #172 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

I have a feeling the EX1000 may be an IEM that I will really like. Too bad its so darn expensive. I doubt its worth the extra $$$ over the FX700, but who knows.



Yea I would wait till the street price comes down somewhat

post #173 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanish View Post




 

Really? Hmmm gotta get my hand on a pair of atrios now lol.. though the excessive bass doesn't sound as alluring


Hmmm,

 

I think excessive bass is looked at badly I'm not talking about bloated, mid-bass or what not just a highly refined and textured bass. Probably the best quality around next to the FX700, Radius, and Gold, Hippo I have no clue on the MD.

 

I still need to get my hands on a pair of IE8 but that can come much later.

 

 

 

 

post #174 of 3000

It's not excessive; at least to me it's not. However most people are not used to hearing any sub bass and if they do, not very much in quantity, so it may seem excessive to those; especially if they prefer an analytical sound signature.  Atrios have sub bass in spades but to me is never intrusive and never bleeds into the midrange.

post #175 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post




Hmmm,

 

I think excessive bass is looked at badly I'm not talking about bloated, mid-bass or what not just a highly refined and textured bass. Probably the best quality around next to the FX700, Radius, and Gold, Hippo I have no clue on the MD.

 

I still need to get my hands on a pair of IE8 but that can come much later.

 

 

 

 


Man can you tell me if these are the ones you are talking about? Because they had a deal on them for $100 in Toronto a few weeks ago, I'm going to feel like an idiot for not nabbing a pair if they are tongue_smile.gif

 

http://www.takeitngo.com/recentDeals.php#

 

The march 5th posting

 

post #176 of 3000

^That's the ones!

post #177 of 3000


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daanish View Post




Man can you tell me if these are the ones you are talking about? Because they had a deal on them for $100 in Toronto a few weeks ago, I'm going to feel like an idiot for not nabbing a pair if they are tongue_smile.gif

 

http://www.takeitngo.com/recentDeals.php#

 

The march 5th posting

 


Yes those are the ones 

 

I think I got mines for 108 or something at Ecost you can check them. They also are covered under warranty that site that you provided it not secure I would be wary of them.

 

Best to check with David at Future sonic since he handles stuff of this nature.

 

 

@Shotgun, Agreed, I think it would take a more mid bass emphasis or hump to bleed into the mids, otherwise it's clean and effortless. 

 

This is the Sony Ex1000 thread though we completely took over we need more impressions  biggrin.gif Vs. The Fx700 are all by themselves.

 

post #178 of 3000

I got to hear the EX1000s & FX700s back to back today at the UK meet.... which was very telling. I'd forgotten how huge the bass is on the FX700! Man is it a boat load. The bass on the EX1000 is quite a bit behind in pure quantity, but conveys the character of the drums more effectively. I think they're about equally extended in treble, while the FX700 does indeed have a more aggressive edge there. They also have show that 'V' shape when it comes to mids, being rather sucked out by comparison. That was immediately apparent, and the very first difference I noticed (besides the bigger bass). Soundstage and timbre are also quite a bit of a jump in quality with the EX1000s. 

post #179 of 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn11 View Post

I got to hear the EX1000s & FX700s back to back today at the UK meet.... which was very telling. I'd forgotten how huge the bass is on the FX700! Man is it a boat load. The bass on the EX1000 is quite a bit behind in pure quantity, but conveys the character of the drums more effectively. I think they're about equally extended in treble, while the FX700 does indeed have a more aggressive edge there. They also have show that 'V' shape when it comes to mids, being rather sucked out by comparison. That was immediately apparent, and the very first difference I noticed (besides the bigger bass). Soundstage and timbre are also quite a bit of a jump in quality with the EX1000s. 


Interesting to say the least. And the fit?

 

post #180 of 3000
Does the Sony exhibit the reverb the JVC's have or is that exclusive to the wooden housing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5