I went from the HD800 to a K1000 but have since sold both. My K240DF and K400 are still favorites of mine. The K240DF for its clean and super detailed sound was similar to that of the HD800, and the K400 just makes music sound beautiful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Set of headphones with amazing tonal accuracy and incredible soundstage? Last post on 8/30/10 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some of the myths associated with K701/2 Last post on 10/28/11 at 12:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 vs. Koss Porta Pro Last post on 2/11/14 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- wrinkles marks under the k701 headband. Last post on 2/9/12 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Any HD800 owners go back to AKG K701/2? - Page 9post #121 of 12312/16/12 at 9:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1231/21/13 at 11:56pmpost #123 of 1231/22/13 at 1:18am
I have both K701 and HD800. I also have T1, D7000 and HD650. All of them are my favorite.
My main cans is K701, with approx. 50% of headphone listening time.
K701 : 50%, connected to ORB JADE-2 Limited
HD650 : 25%, connected to Nmode X-HA1 with SAEC balanced cable
T1 : 15%, connected to Nmode X-HA1
AH-D7000 : <5%, connected to Luxman P-700u
HD800 : <5%, connected to Luxman P-700u with SAEC balanced cable
HD598 : <1%, connected to FOSTEX HP-A8
MDR-MA900 : <1%, connected to DacMagic Plus
beats pro : <1%, connected to Walkman, Smartphone
- Any HD800 owners go back to AKG K701/2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › K701 appreciation thread! 1 minute ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Grade Fuses 2 minutes ago
- › Vsonic GR07: Perfection (Added MKII vs Bass Edition 24/03) 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones fast and slow 3 minutes ago
- › Lightning Cables - Official and Custom (welcomed). 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Sony CD Players through the years 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)