I went from the HD800 to a K1000 but have since sold both. My K240DF and K400 are still favorites of mine. The K240DF for its clean and super detailed sound was similar to that of the HD800, and the K400 just makes music sound beautiful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Set of headphones with amazing tonal accuracy and incredible soundstage? Last post on 8/30/10 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some of the myths associated with K701/2 Last post on 10/28/11 at 12:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 vs. Koss Porta Pro Last post on 4/16/13 at 4:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 9/17/12 at 11:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- wrinkles marks under the k701 headband. Last post on 2/9/12 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
- Grado Modification OverviewEdited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
I used to be sure that I am not a basshead. My favorite IEMs for the longest time were RE-0, my favorite headphones were (and still are) various variations of ATH "sweet treble" sound signature,...
It's exactly what it says it is. I've tried some pretty incredibly expensive DAPs - Honestly, in my opinion, a lot of them just add colouration, or EQ, or look pretty. Some of them do perform...
Any HD800 owners go back to AKG K701/2? - Page 9post #121 of 12312/16/12 at 9:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1231/21/13 at 11:56pmpost #123 of 1231/22/13 at 1:18am
I have both K701 and HD800. I also have T1, D7000 and HD650. All of them are my favorite.
My main cans is K701, with approx. 50% of headphone listening time.
K701 : 50%, connected to ORB JADE-2 Limited
HD650 : 25%, connected to Nmode X-HA1 with SAEC balanced cable
T1 : 15%, connected to Nmode X-HA1
AH-D7000 : <5%, connected to Luxman P-700u
HD800 : <5%, connected to Luxman P-700u with SAEC balanced cable
HD598 : <1%, connected to FOSTEX HP-A8
MDR-MA900 : <1%, connected to DacMagic Plus
beats pro : <1%, connected to Walkman, Smartphone
- Any HD800 owners go back to AKG K701/2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 8 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: Does life seem worthwhile... 21 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 thread 1 minute ago
- › Yulong's new DA8 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the IEM's you've heard 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe