I went from the HD800 to a K1000 but have since sold both. My K240DF and K400 are still favorites of mine. The K240DF for its clean and super detailed sound was similar to that of the HD800, and the K400 just makes music sound beautiful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Set of headphones with amazing tonal accuracy and incredible soundstage? Last post on 8/30/10 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some of the myths associated with K701/2 Last post on 10/28/11 at 12:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 vs. Koss Porta Pro Last post on 7/4/13 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 9/17/12 at 11:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- wrinkles marks under the k701 headband. Last post on 2/9/12 at 5:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/5/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I had my C435 for nearly 3 months now. The waiting period to obtain them was significantly short of 3 weeks. I knew of this pair of custom through a friend of mine. I wasn't convinced on how...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
Any HD800 owners go back to AKG K701/2? - Page 9post #121 of 12312/16/12 at 9:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1231/21/13 at 11:56pmpost #123 of 1231/22/13 at 1:18am
I have both K701 and HD800. I also have T1, D7000 and HD650. All of them are my favorite.
My main cans is K701, with approx. 50% of headphone listening time.
K701 : 50%, connected to ORB JADE-2 Limited
HD650 : 25%, connected to Nmode X-HA1 with SAEC balanced cable
T1 : 15%, connected to Nmode X-HA1
AH-D7000 : <5%, connected to Luxman P-700u
HD800 : <5%, connected to Luxman P-700u with SAEC balanced cable
HD598 : <1%, connected to FOSTEX HP-A8
MDR-MA900 : <1%, connected to DacMagic Plus
beats pro : <1%, connected to Walkman, Smartphone
- Any HD800 owners go back to AKG K701/2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
- › SilverFi D-2 vs.Oyaide DR-510 Digital cables & SilverFi Spirit SG... 50 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Do I need an amp for Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni + Modi combo WANT TO BUY 3 minutes ago
- › LA7000 - Denon D7000 with Lawton Cups and high end balanced cable 4 minutes ago
- › Bandcamp promotion thread 5 minutes ago
- › [Impression] FiiO E10 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 7 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi