I went from the HD800 to a K1000 but have since sold both. My K240DF and K400 are still favorites of mine. The K240DF for its clean and super detailed sound was similar to that of the HD800, and the K400 just makes music sound beautiful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Set of headphones with amazing tonal accuracy and incredible soundstage? Last post on 8/30/10 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Some of the myths associated with K701/2 Last post on 12/5/14 at 12:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 vs. Koss Porta Pro Last post on 2/11/14 at 9:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG Q701 too analytical ? whats your opinion.. Last post on 5/30/12 at 6:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
Any HD800 owners go back to AKG K701/2? - Page 9post #121 of 12312/16/12 at 9:50am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 1231/21/13 at 11:56pmpost #123 of 1231/22/13 at 1:18am
I have both K701 and HD800. I also have T1, D7000 and HD650. All of them are my favorite.
My main cans is K701, with approx. 50% of headphone listening time.
K701 : 50%, connected to ORB JADE-2 Limited
HD650 : 25%, connected to Nmode X-HA1 with SAEC balanced cable
T1 : 15%, connected to Nmode X-HA1
AH-D7000 : <5%, connected to Luxman P-700u
HD800 : <5%, connected to Luxman P-700u with SAEC balanced cable
HD598 : <1%, connected to FOSTEX HP-A8
MDR-MA900 : <1%, connected to DacMagic Plus
beats pro : <1%, connected to Walkman, Smartphone
- Any HD800 owners go back to AKG K701/2?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › "The Lab" 6 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 7 seconds ago
- › Need advice on what to buy next 53 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FS: MINT AKG K7XX Stealth Black headphones with suspension... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2