Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Show us your Sony ES collection.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show us your Sony ES collection. - Page 2

post #16 of 227

purk.......The Sony SCD-1 is absolutely gorgeous.  Wow.  That is a very impressive design.

post #17 of 227

 

DSC_0219.JPG

 

DSC_0010.jpg

post #18 of 227
Thread Starter 
How does the XA5400 compares to the SCD1? I have both the SCD1 & SCD777es, but I'm looking for a multi-channel sacd player.

I like to know how the XA5400 compares to the XA9000 too.
post #19 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjAmTraX View Post

How does the XA5400 compares to the SCD1? I have both the SCD1 & SCD777es, but I'm looking for a multi-channel sacd player.

I like to know how the XA5400 compares to the XA9000 too.



In a stock form, the XA5400ES is a much better sounding machine especially in the redbook playback.  In SACD playback it is a little bit closer with the edge going to the XA5400ES.  I no longer have the SCD-1 so a direct commparison is not possible.  However, I based the comparison to a much more expensive and better machine, the Exemplar 5910.  The redbook on the 5400ES is probably one of its strong point and I really enjoy the sound of this unit.  I never own the XA9000ES, but many have stated that the 5400ES is a better machine as well.  FYI, I sold a stock SCD-1  after I bought a RAM modified SCD-1 (clock & Op-amps upgrade) which of course was later replaced with an Exemplar unit. 

post #20 of 227
Thread Starter 

You make me want to get one before they're all gone.


Edited by DjAmTraX - 2/27/11 at 4:00pm
post #21 of 227

http://www.royann.ca/sva/sony%20cdp-707esd.htm

 

I don't have any photos of my SONY 707ESD so I thought I'd post a link.

post #22 of 227
Thread Starter 
It's a shame Sony doesn't make good ES gear anymore.
post #23 of 227

I have lots of Sony stuff but these are the only ES items I have.

 

385939582_d4a9aeb03f.jpg

 

385939584_3ed2e08f12.jpg

post #24 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjAmTraX View Post

It's a shame Sony doesn't make good ES gear anymore.


Yes, I'm afraid the XA5400ES maybe the last of it.  The build quality is pretty spectacular on the Sony STR-DA9000ES though.  The 7100ES receiver isn't bad either.

post #25 of 227

Wow, just think if you never pulled the cover on the Sony 707ESD, and didn't get to feast your eyes on that gorgeous copper sub-chassis and isolation panel.  Beautiful.  You'd never know if from the outside.

 

 

DCP_4942.jpg

post #26 of 227
Those internals are nice!!
post #27 of 227
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batphink View Post

I have lots of Sony stuff but these are the only ES items I have.

 

385939582_d4a9aeb03f.jpg

 

385939584_3ed2e08f12.jpg

How does it sound compared to the 2009 remasters? I have MDs.
post #28 of 227

CD, MD, Preamp and phono Sony ES

post #29 of 227

I am not sure either of these is "old" (2001 and 1996) but I have both of these in my system.  Got these pictures off of the web, do not have a good camera right now.  The SCD-1 has been posted already, it is is legend already.  The TC-KA3ES does not get much use anymore, but it sill works.

 

I wanted to post pictures but I get a message that I do not have permission to post attachments.  Not sure why, perhaps someone can explain.

 

 

post #30 of 227


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post

Wow, just think if you never pulled the cover on the Sony 707ESD, and didn't get to feast your eyes on that gorgeous copper sub-chassis and isolation panel.  Beautiful.  You'd never know if from the outside.

 

 

DCP_4942.jpg


I pulled the cover off my 707ESD a few weeks ago.  The build quality is the reason I can't part with it even though I don't use it anymore.  I love the modules to the left  "AUDIO" and "DIGITAL"  The copper chassis is pretty cool.  

 


Edited by WarriorAnt - 3/3/11 at 8:13pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Show us your Sony ES collection.