My iBasso amp was made in China, so far it's held up extremely well and sounds great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need help identifying a vintage Beyerdynamic Head-set (unknown model #) Last post on 11/20/12 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- FAKE Beyerdynamic headphones?! Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic Heaphone Bag BK with Sennheiser HD 598 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
beyerdynamic introduces DTX 300 p foldable headphone - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I just got a pair of cans, but I'm looking for something closed. I'll wait for reviews for these. If they sound great while being comfortable, and blocking out some of the outside sound, then I'll definitely give these a consider. You can't beat that price.
Ugh, another "is it made in china" question... just go back 20-30 years and people like this were saying everything made in Japan was plastic toys and inferior copies of western electronics. Listen, just cause some Chinese factories cut corners doesn't mean everything made here is crap!! Chinese workers are capable of producing high quality goods in any industry. Wait another 20 years and see what you have to say about China then...
About the headphones, if they can't make a $350 portable sound good, I doubt this one will be some kind of miracle...
Clearly, this post is taking it a bit too far, perhaps a bit too personally.
Thus far, I've not read any "Is it made in China" inquiries on this thread which dissed the quality of Chinese made merchandise; or even implied that merchandise made in China is substandard. Each poster has his/her own reason for inquiring about a product's origin. It is presumptuous, in my opinion, to post in defense of the quality of Chinese goods when, clearly, the quality of the merchandise isn't being outwardly attacked.
I am currently awaiting delivery of a NFB-2 from Audio GD (Chinese Company - Chinese made DAC). I have no doubt, especially after doing the research, that this DAC will be anything less than high quality.
But, I digress....
For my personal Beyerdynamic collection, I'm only interested in Beyers which are actually manufactured in Germany (German Company - German Made Headphones).
can't disagree there, ibasso makes really nice amps
For god sake, look on the back of most products and you will see a 'made in China' sticker.
What a lot of people don't realise is companies get away with putting a 'made in US or UK etc' label for just packing the unit and supplying the instruction and warrenty - most if not all the parts can still be made in China.
+1 to this and all other comments of a similar sentiment.
Anyone here have issues with stuff made in China? Are you using an iPhone? It's made in China.
In the Beyerdynamic store they seem pretty much available, with a delivery time of 3-4 days:
Well, did I order them or not? I'm not sure. The first time I tried, I got all the way to filling the billing address details when it emptied the cart. So I tried again, and this time I got to the payment system, entered my details, then there was a final confirmation window where you type your email address to get payment confirmation. I was typing that when the page redirected back to the still-full shopping cart. I got a confirmation of an order, but not of my payment, so who knows. Not the best system they've got there. I'm using that browser no one uses, called Firefox.
This little headphones gives the K518 from AKG a run for it's money when it comes down to the potential sound quality. Overall balanced sound with a slightly accentuated bass, nothing sticks out or is overly recessed.
Unfortunately the construction of the headband and the missing vertical tilting function for the cups leave me with no seal, the lower part of the pads leave a gap between them and my ears. So I have to seal it by applying force with my hands, bending the cups towards my ears careful not to apply more pressure then the headband does. Then it sounds really good.
The isolation is better then I expected, though far from being great.
The build quality is typical for beyerdynamic, nothing to complain about. I am just worried that these small joints could prove problematic is the future.
The folding mechanism is working flawlessly, the headphone can easily stowed away in the provided soft bag when folded.
A nice touch is that the headband hinges lock in place when opened up pretty firmly.
Overall I think it is well worth it's money - if it fits your head.
I like how nowadays on head-fi, now that it's treated more as a resource and less as a community, people can get away with saying stuff like this, and no one will question if the poster has actually heard either headphone.
M00hk00h, thanks for your impressions though! It sounds like a t50p problem - great if it fits. Something at Beyer isn't what it was when it comes to these things anymore. IF I ordered them, then I hope they fit.
- beyerdynamic introduces DTX 300 p foldable headphone
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Do audio differences exist between capacitors? 33 seconds ago
- › More Fiio X3 64GB MicroSD Issues! 41 seconds ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS H-100J and DAC release!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 2 minutes ago
- › Low End to High end DAP opinion , impression , appreciation and... 2 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe