My iBasso amp was made in China, so far it's held up extremely well and sounds great.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- [HELP] Need help choosing the correct Headphone Full-size for me. Last post on 2/24/14 at 6:14pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD600 + Extended Bass + Larger Soundstage = ? Last post on Yesterday at 2:41 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Need help identifying a vintage Beyerdynamic Head-set (unknown model #) Last post on 11/20/12 at 4:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
beyerdynamic introduces DTX 300 p foldable headphone - Page 4
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I just got a pair of cans, but I'm looking for something closed. I'll wait for reviews for these. If they sound great while being comfortable, and blocking out some of the outside sound, then I'll definitely give these a consider. You can't beat that price.
Ugh, another "is it made in china" question... just go back 20-30 years and people like this were saying everything made in Japan was plastic toys and inferior copies of western electronics. Listen, just cause some Chinese factories cut corners doesn't mean everything made here is crap!! Chinese workers are capable of producing high quality goods in any industry. Wait another 20 years and see what you have to say about China then...
About the headphones, if they can't make a $350 portable sound good, I doubt this one will be some kind of miracle...
Clearly, this post is taking it a bit too far, perhaps a bit too personally.
Thus far, I've not read any "Is it made in China" inquiries on this thread which dissed the quality of Chinese made merchandise; or even implied that merchandise made in China is substandard. Each poster has his/her own reason for inquiring about a product's origin. It is presumptuous, in my opinion, to post in defense of the quality of Chinese goods when, clearly, the quality of the merchandise isn't being outwardly attacked.
I am currently awaiting delivery of a NFB-2 from Audio GD (Chinese Company - Chinese made DAC). I have no doubt, especially after doing the research, that this DAC will be anything less than high quality.
But, I digress....
For my personal Beyerdynamic collection, I'm only interested in Beyers which are actually manufactured in Germany (German Company - German Made Headphones).
can't disagree there, ibasso makes really nice amps
For god sake, look on the back of most products and you will see a 'made in China' sticker.
What a lot of people don't realise is companies get away with putting a 'made in US or UK etc' label for just packing the unit and supplying the instruction and warrenty - most if not all the parts can still be made in China.
+1 to this and all other comments of a similar sentiment.
Anyone here have issues with stuff made in China? Are you using an iPhone? It's made in China.
In the Beyerdynamic store they seem pretty much available, with a delivery time of 3-4 days:
Well, did I order them or not? I'm not sure. The first time I tried, I got all the way to filling the billing address details when it emptied the cart. So I tried again, and this time I got to the payment system, entered my details, then there was a final confirmation window where you type your email address to get payment confirmation. I was typing that when the page redirected back to the still-full shopping cart. I got a confirmation of an order, but not of my payment, so who knows. Not the best system they've got there. I'm using that browser no one uses, called Firefox.
This little headphones gives the K518 from AKG a run for it's money when it comes down to the potential sound quality. Overall balanced sound with a slightly accentuated bass, nothing sticks out or is overly recessed.
Unfortunately the construction of the headband and the missing vertical tilting function for the cups leave me with no seal, the lower part of the pads leave a gap between them and my ears. So I have to seal it by applying force with my hands, bending the cups towards my ears careful not to apply more pressure then the headband does. Then it sounds really good.
The isolation is better then I expected, though far from being great.
The build quality is typical for beyerdynamic, nothing to complain about. I am just worried that these small joints could prove problematic is the future.
The folding mechanism is working flawlessly, the headphone can easily stowed away in the provided soft bag when folded.
A nice touch is that the headband hinges lock in place when opened up pretty firmly.
Overall I think it is well worth it's money - if it fits your head.
I like how nowadays on head-fi, now that it's treated more as a resource and less as a community, people can get away with saying stuff like this, and no one will question if the poster has actually heard either headphone.
M00hk00h, thanks for your impressions though! It sounds like a t50p problem - great if it fits. Something at Beyer isn't what it was when it comes to these things anymore. IF I ordered them, then I hope they fit.
- beyerdynamic introduces DTX 300 p foldable headphone
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 20 seconds ago
- › Commodore 64 music - binaural mix 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › Low budget headphones? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 6 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 7 minutes ago
- › Should I buy the Schitt Magni, or spend the extra $20 for the Vali? 8 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude