Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Fidelia - OS X Premium Music Player |OT|
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fidelia - OS X Premium Music Player |OT| - Page 4

post #46 of 88

I downloaded it a week before and got the licence for the basic version today. sounds pretty good to me.

post #47 of 88

can you port the remote to android devices too?

post #48 of 88

The only problem i have with my itunes library and Fidelia is that FLAC files opened with Fluke do not work that could possibly why things do not appear in order?

post #49 of 88
Wow! I just signed up for the 15 day trial and compared Fidelia to the iTunes player...what a difference in SQ! Next in line were A/B tests against my Squeezebox and although a closer call, the Fidelia wins again! The option for plugins is greyed out, is that because i'm on the trial version? Also, can anyone suggest the best method to use this player to stream internet radio? Thanks.
post #50 of 88

How much is the Amarra running these days  Is it down to $99?   I like the way it handles iTunes better than Fidelia.   


Edited by WarriorAnt - 4/25/11 at 1:50pm
post #51 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post

Wow! I just signed up for the 15 day trial and compared Fidelia to the iTunes player...what a difference in SQ! Next in line were A/B tests against my Squeezebox and although a closer call, the Fidelia wins again! The option for plugins is greyed out, is that because i'm on the trial version? Also, can anyone suggest the best method to use this player to stream internet radio? Thanks.


Internet radio is basically only up to 192k mp3 quality (and most of the time 128k) so I wouldn't bother with that idea.

post #52 of 88

>


Edited by grokit - 4/29/11 at 1:30am
post #53 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post




Internet radio is basically only up to 192k mp3 quality (and most of the time 128k) so I wouldn't bother with that idea.

 

Yes i realize that, however i like to occasionally listen to internet radio in the background while i'm working. I have a playlist in iTunes with my favorite stations, and i can see this playlist in the Fidelia window, however when i select the playlist the stations are missing...anyone else has this problem?

 

Also, can i use Airport Express to stream music with Fidelia? Thanks.
 

 

post #54 of 88

I did definitely notice an improvement over iTunes. I just wish the playlist system was more integrated so I could outright replace iTunes with this and only use iTunes for my iPhone.

post #55 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlach View Post



 

Yes i realize that, however i like to occasionally listen to internet radio in the background while i'm working. I have a playlist in iTunes with my favorite stations, and i can see this playlist in the Fidelia window, however when i select the playlist the stations are missing...anyone else has this problem?

 

Also, can i use Airport Express to stream music with Fidelia? Thanks.
 

 


Fidelia doesn't do streaming music, either from internet radio, nor to an Airport Express. It only plays music files stored on a hard disk. There would be zero point in using Fidelia for either. :)

 

post #56 of 88

Fidelia just crashed my music stack like a MoFo!

GRRrrr....

post #57 of 88

Thanks for confirming this Currawong!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post




Fidelia doesn't do streaming music, either from internet radio, nor to an Airport Express. It only plays music files stored on a hard disk. There would be zero point in using Fidelia for either. :)

 



 

post #58 of 88

Fidelia is the best sounding player I have tried. Easily bests Play, Songbird, Vox, and ITunes. However, the library and playlist interface is, at present, pretty much a disaster. Worse for classical music collectors, there is no folder system like in ITunes, so composers, symphonies, etc. show up as a bunch of loose files without rhyme or reason. Some playlists tend to disappear on restart of Fidelia and I can't seem to figure out why since not all pre-made files disappear. Someone already mentioned inability to edit track information.

 

I can't see myself spending $20.00 at the moment for this glorified beta test. What's tempting is the sound of the player and for that, and that alone, I may blow the money in hopes that the rest is improved in the near future.


Edited by Mambosenior - 5/11/11 at 6:03pm
post #59 of 88

 

does anyone know how to use a VST plug in like TB Isone with Fidelia?

post #60 of 88

I had been completely happy with Fidelia, till I messed up and demo-ed Amarra. The latter for me is a significant improvement, in terms similar to that of moving from an entry/mid-level to a lower high end amplifier. Not only is detail resolution increased, but tonal richness as well.

 

 

 

 

As an example, Hilary Hahn's Bach Violin Concerto 2, 1st movement: 

 

With iTunes I was at first happy to carefully hear deeply buried in a congested background, fleeting evidence of a harpsichord. Fidelia separated its image slightly, bringing the harpsichord forward just enough to make it a background presence. Amarra keeps it in the background where it belongs, but now there is the option to listen to exactly what it doing and what role it plays in the music. How to live without Amarra [shrugs]?

 

My question pertains to Fidelia Advanced. Will it improve Fidelia to Amarra's level?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Fidelia - OS X Premium Music Player |OT|