Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › GREAT DEAL! (CROSSFADE LP's 129.99 ON AMAZON)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GREAT DEAL! (CROSSFADE LP's 129.99 ON AMAZON)

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 

I just wanted to let people know. Thats 120 dollars off the msrp. So think again about buying them off ebay. Mine as well just go for the safe amazon price.

post #2 of 26

Yea I had to go for it, what color did ya get?

post #3 of 26
Thread Starter 

I'm still not sure whether i want these or the ultrasone 580's! But id for sure go with the gunmetal black. Whatd u end up getting?

post #4 of 26

Crossfades are absolute crud.

post #5 of 26

I got the white, they look pretty sick with the chrome accenting. But I think it just depends on how much bass you want. From what I've heard the Crossfade has more. I was seriously considering the 580's too though. Amazon has a great return policy so I'm glad I can use that if I end up not liking them when they come. If those don't work out I will probably order the Ultrasone DJ1. It is literally the same pair of headphones as the 580 but it looks cooler and has a coiled cord for portability.

Ultrasone-DJ1.jpg

post #6 of 26

If you want more bass out of the HFI 580, you can get it running with a linear phase equalizer like VST ones to Foobar through a bridge plugin. Or get a Cowon with BBE which has a linear phase EQ w/ enhancements. Then they can have the bass impact rivaling the Sony XB700 but with much better mids and treble resolution.

 

Either way, the HFI 580 will sound better.

post #7 of 26
Thread Starter 

@slapshot30 thanks man seems like were sort of in the same boat. can u let me know how the crossfades work out for you. i keep leaning one way then the other! wind016 ya i've heard that they a have a crisper clearer sound than the v modas but the truth is im not dying to get the clearest sound...bass is more important to me. Im only 15 and i travel a ton for basketball so i just need some really good bass heavy headphones for long plane and car rides and before games.

post #8 of 26

thanks for posting this, been looking for some new bassy full-size headphones. was going to get these on ebay, but with this deal on amazon, i can't say no! free shipping with my amazon prime is great too. hopefully they satisfy my bass needs without having terrible mids and highs. if not, i'll return and look at something else. if nothing else, at least it'll be fun to do some bass tests with them. :p

post #9 of 26

I don't think you'd want a bass heavy headphone for long plane rides. I find it rather fatiguing, but I'm not you...

post #10 of 26

Yea I'm in highschool as well and I'll be using these on the bus when football comes around. We are in the same boat though. I don't have the skilled ears most of these audiophiles do, I'd be willing to bet most new comers don't. So if I can get more bass but with some slight clarity loss, so be it, I will probably barely be able to tell the difference. I'll let you know how they are when they come in (this thursday hopefully). If bass is too muddy (I really don't think it will be) then I will go to the 580's or DJ1's.

 

wind016, would you mind telling me the difference between the Ultrasone DJ1 and DJ1 PRO. I read on here one of the two is the same as the 580, just with a coiled cord and different look. I also read the pro version has less bass. I'm having a hard time looking up the difference, can you help?
 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyryan View Post

@slapshot30 thanks man seems like were sort of in the same boat. can u let me know how the crossfades work out for you. i keep leaning one way then the other! wind016 ya i've heard that they a have a crisper clearer sound than the v modas but the truth is im not dying to get the clearest sound...bass is more important to me. Im only 15 and i travel a ton for basketball so i just need some really good bass heavy headphones for long plane and car rides and before games.

post #11 of 26
Thread Starter 

yeah really appreciate the feedback but yeah i think im going to go with the crossfades.

post #12 of 26

The PROs I believe are the PRO 550 and the regular DJs are the HFI 580. They sound very different. The 580 has a more aggressive upfront sound signature. It's potential for bass impact is really high. It's also a bit bright sounding to give it that energetic sound.

 

The 550 PRO has a much wider soundstage. It has less bass impact in exchange for the "surround" sound. I think the 550 is a bit more refined, but the 580 is probably one of the most aggressive headphones on Head-fi.

post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyryan View Post

yeah really appreciate the feedback but yeah i think im going to go with the crossfades.

 

It's your $130. Have fun.
 

post #14 of 26
Thread Starter 

also i noticed the dj1's are pricier...cant find em lower than 160...dj deals has the 580s for 139.99 just sayn

post #15 of 26

Okay, so the DJ1's would be the best bet for bass impact if these don't work out. thanks man.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind016 View Post

The PROs I believe are the PRO 550 and the regular DJs are the HFI 580. They sound very different. The 580 has a more aggressive upfront sound signature. It's potential for bass impact is really high. It's also a bit bright sounding to give it that energetic sound.

 

The 550 PRO has a much wider soundstage. It has less bass impact in exchange for the "surround" sound. I think the 550 is a bit more refined, but the 580 is probably one of the most aggressive headphones on Head-fi.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › GREAT DEAL! (CROSSFADE LP's 129.99 ON AMAZON)