Well I tried them at 32Ohm audio to day...and I gotta say for $99 they are well worth it. Nice small they even fold SMALLER! They had a Nice neutral sound, a hump in the bass a bit but it docent go very low, they were very clear as well as well as being built very well. I only listened to them for a few minuets before passing them along but I gotta say I was very impressed.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help my dad find a nice set of cans.... Last post on 2/26/15 at 10:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can a headphone Y splitter damage my headphones? Last post on 11/27/15 at 7:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jecklin Float One versus Jecklin Float Two - What's the difference Last post on 2/11/15 at 4:13pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone help! Last post on 2/11/15 at 2:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones recommendations Last post on 2/15/15 at 4:29pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Marshall Major headphones mini-reviewpost #1 of 102/10/11 at 4:30pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 102/11/11 at 12:45pmpost #3 of 102/12/11 at 12:19pmThread Starter
yea man, Someone said they were a repackages Ubranear but they didnt sound like it at try them for your self.post #4 of 102/13/11 at 7:04pm
I was at 32ohms this weekend and listened to them as well...I was impressed. Small, and they have the retro cool thing going on. Sound was good, not great. Punchy bass, a little muddy but not too bad. I just listened for a few minutes before going back to the iem's :)
$99 might be a tough price point though.post #5 of 102/13/11 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Yea, some one was saying they were an UrbanEars repackage....but they really didnt sound like it.post #6 of 102/14/11 at 4:14pmpost #7 of 102/14/11 at 5:43pmThread Starter
yea, they have been out a while, I think i may get a pair for me and my mom for her birth day....but she was really diggin the DT880's and 770's hahaha.post #8 of 104/14/11 at 8:48pm
I love the look of these headphones.
I don't really NEED them, but I'd like to buy them for the look.
I got to listen to them briefly once, but I can't make a final judgement.
They really do look nice, especially in person though and I while I don't remember them sounding extraordinary (bad source, unamped), I don't recall them sounding horrible either.post #9 of 1011/28/11 at 6:35pm
I too like these, used right out of the phone or iPod sans amp. Just picked them up. The forward full 'mid-bassey' sound was appealing and differs from most all the other headphones I have. But upon learning it has a mic and that that mic can control my Droid 3 to make calls and/or use voice commands was the deciding factor; and that's working quite well. As great with Rock as you'd expect, but I think it's even better with Dance music.
Do I wish I didn't pay retail, yes. But then again, I figured I didn't have to wait and didn't have to pay shipping. So I splurged.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Marshall Major headphones mini-review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 22 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 43 seconds ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 54 seconds ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Guerrilla Audio copper cables, Eichmann Bullet connectors 3 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 3 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1200EX impression thread!!! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear