Well I tried them at 32Ohm audio to day...and I gotta say for $99 they are well worth it. Nice small they even fold SMALLER! They had a Nice neutral sound, a hump in the bass a bit but it docent go very low, they were very clear as well as well as being built very well. I only listened to them for a few minuets before passing them along but I gotta say I was very impressed.
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for an 'almost perfect' headphone under ~250$ Last post on 6/1/14 at 10:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shure SE215 - RANTING! READ THIS BEFORE BUYING WRONG HEADPHONES or IEM Last post on 12/23/13 at 5:48am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- ATH-W1000x Modded Re-cabled | Purrin's Mod | L3000 Pads Last post on 12/3/13 at 3:11pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Last post on 9/27/14 at 12:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Marshall Major headphones mini-reviewpost #1 of 102/10/11 at 4:30pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 102/11/11 at 12:45pmpost #3 of 102/12/11 at 12:19pmThread Starter
yea man, Someone said they were a repackages Ubranear but they didnt sound like it at try them for your self.post #4 of 102/13/11 at 7:04pm
I was at 32ohms this weekend and listened to them as well...I was impressed. Small, and they have the retro cool thing going on. Sound was good, not great. Punchy bass, a little muddy but not too bad. I just listened for a few minutes before going back to the iem's :)
$99 might be a tough price point though.post #5 of 102/13/11 at 9:14pmThread Starter
Yea, some one was saying they were an UrbanEars repackage....but they really didnt sound like it.post #6 of 102/14/11 at 4:14pmpost #7 of 102/14/11 at 5:43pmThread Starter
yea, they have been out a while, I think i may get a pair for me and my mom for her birth day....but she was really diggin the DT880's and 770's hahaha.post #8 of 104/14/11 at 8:48pm
I love the look of these headphones.
I don't really NEED them, but I'd like to buy them for the look.
I got to listen to them briefly once, but I can't make a final judgement.
They really do look nice, especially in person though and I while I don't remember them sounding extraordinary (bad source, unamped), I don't recall them sounding horrible either.post #9 of 1011/28/11 at 6:35pm
I too like these, used right out of the phone or iPod sans amp. Just picked them up. The forward full 'mid-bassey' sound was appealing and differs from most all the other headphones I have. But upon learning it has a mic and that that mic can control my Droid 3 to make calls and/or use voice commands was the deciding factor; and that's working quite well. As great with Rock as you'd expect, but I think it's even better with Dance music.
Do I wish I didn't pay retail, yes. But then again, I figured I didn't have to wait and didn't have to pay shipping. So I splurged.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Marshall Major headphones mini-review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Birthday present for me!! Budget 600$ Headphone/amp/dac setup for... 11 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 18 seconds ago
- › Sony ex1000 for sale 34 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 36 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 52 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Best bang for the buck headphone? 1 minute ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)