dont worry you should be fine as far as comfort with glasses on the xb700
Recent Images In This Thread
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed-back full-sized over ear headphones, ideal for listening to reggae and accoustic Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Bass-Heavy, Comfortable Headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
overall great headphone at its price.
Disclaimer: The Meze 99 Classics were send to me as part of their European Tour. Impression are based on around a week of intensive usage. Preamble: First of all, welcome to another review here...
It's Zmall, it's Zpacious, it's ZuperDAC, from Zorloo - The Review Website: zorloo.com Product details and Specs: LINK MSRP: $74 To read more about the original project, you may...
Sony MDR-XB500 vs Sony MDR-XB700 - Page 12post #166 of 17211/6/12 at 5:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 17211/6/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
Thanks for the fast reply!
I also notice the MDR-XB900 are available now - I wonder how they compare but they are also quite pricey at $200 (incl postage) into Australia from Hong Kong where the XB700 only cost me $70 (from the same country)
Edited by jjcoolaus - 11/6/12 at 8:38pmpost #168 of 17211/6/12 at 8:57pm
I have MDR-X10 (almost identical to XB900, only color variant). Its sound is extremely over bassed and unclear. On-ear pad is not comfortable compared to XB1000 (I do not have XB700). I dislike X10, so I will not recommend X900 to anyone.post #169 of 1721/14/13 at 2:41pmpost #170 of 1724/27/13 at 4:24pm
I was looking for headphones that cost less than 50 € or so, with deep bass and extended mid and not intrusive and annoying.
You say that the Sony XB500 do it for me, or is it better to choose another?post #171 of 1727/21/13 at 7:39amQuote:Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD
Here's how I'd describe the difference between these two using a simplied frequency response graph that would picture how I see the relevance of the lows and mids and highs to each other in these headphones based on how I thought they sounded unEQ'd and how I EQ'd myself and comparing a bit with headphone.com graphs:
XB700 has a quite typical V-shaped frequency response curve while XB500 is more like a slanting slope.
From my experience, the Sony XB500 has more midbass than the Sony XB700 headphones, which is why it has more impact and feel. If you prefer deep subwoofer bass over midbass, then get the XB700 headphones. If you are after headphones that have a great bass impact that you can feel XB500 all the way!post #172 of 17210/27/13 at 10:33pmYour frequency response is wrong. The biggest difference is that the xb700s are boosted around 2khz by about 3 to 5 decibels louder than the xb500s. And also the xb700s reaches their peak in bass around 200hz and slightly starts fading from there.
Edited by dementor338 - 10/27/13 at 10:35pm
- Sony MDR-XB500 vs Sony MDR-XB700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Closed Wars: MrSpeakers ETHER C vs. Audeze LCD-XC vs. Fostex... 42 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true? 3 minutes ago
- › Any opinions / reviews on Gemtune APPJ PA1502A 3 minutes ago
- › ModMic adhesive or alternatives. 3 minutes ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics' new 9 BA driver flagship: the S-EM9 4 minutes ago
- › Over-ear user looking for help with first IEMs - <$200 budget 4 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion &... 5 minutes ago
- › Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by twister6
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Decommo
- › Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II (Carbon) by ryanjsoo
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse