dont worry you should be fine as far as comfort with glasses on the xb700
Recent Images In This Thread
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed-back full-sized over ear headphones, ideal for listening to reggae and accoustic Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Bass-Heavy, Comfortable Headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Acknowledgment Thanks Mike Diaz at Ultimate Ears for supplying these as a review sample, with special thanks to David Guitierrez for his excellent customer service. These are going to kick butt...
It's not free to you, but it was to me. I was not even interested in this IEM until it was offered to me for free by Rose on the condition I reviewed it. I'm happy to say this is an honest 5 star...
With thanks to our great supporter of headfi @Andykong, I have had the Cayin i5 on loan for a fortnight or so. I have had the chance to listen to it extensively. My focus has mainly been on the...
Introduction With thanks to @glassmonkey , and Aune, here is my first review for 2017 - the M1S DAP. I shall not be labouring the point. There is a 55 page discussions and impressions...
This is the only DAC that I have owned at this point and I am currently looking to purchases something a little bit better in quality after buying a pair of Sennheiser HD 600. For my liking the...
Sony MDR-XB500 vs Sony MDR-XB700 - Page 12post #166 of 17311/6/12 at 5:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 17311/6/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
Thanks for the fast reply!
I also notice the MDR-XB900 are available now - I wonder how they compare but they are also quite pricey at $200 (incl postage) into Australia from Hong Kong where the XB700 only cost me $70 (from the same country)
Edited by jjcoolaus - 11/6/12 at 8:38pmpost #168 of 17311/6/12 at 8:57pm
I have MDR-X10 (almost identical to XB900, only color variant). Its sound is extremely over bassed and unclear. On-ear pad is not comfortable compared to XB1000 (I do not have XB700). I dislike X10, so I will not recommend X900 to anyone.post #169 of 1731/14/13 at 2:41pmpost #170 of 1734/27/13 at 4:24pm
I was looking for headphones that cost less than 50 € or so, with deep bass and extended mid and not intrusive and annoying.
You say that the Sony XB500 do it for me, or is it better to choose another?post #171 of 1737/21/13 at 7:39amQuote:Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD
Here's how I'd describe the difference between these two using a simplied frequency response graph that would picture how I see the relevance of the lows and mids and highs to each other in these headphones based on how I thought they sounded unEQ'd and how I EQ'd myself and comparing a bit with headphone.com graphs:
XB700 has a quite typical V-shaped frequency response curve while XB500 is more like a slanting slope.
From my experience, the Sony XB500 has more midbass than the Sony XB700 headphones, which is why it has more impact and feel. If you prefer deep subwoofer bass over midbass, then get the XB700 headphones. If you are after headphones that have a great bass impact that you can feel XB500 all the way!post #172 of 17310/27/13 at 10:33pmYour frequency response is wrong. The biggest difference is that the xb700s are boosted around 2khz by about 3 to 5 decibels louder than the xb500s. And also the xb700s reaches their peak in bass around 200hz and slightly starts fading from there.
Edited by dementor338 - 10/27/13 at 10:35pmpost #173 of 1738/8/16 at 9:09pm
Having owned both headphones, I can say that the Sony MDR-XB700's are more comfortable wear, and definitely offer more in the low frequency range. When connected to an amp, the 700's physically vibrate . Great for bassheads. Now to acquire the XB1000's ...
- Sony MDR-XB500 vs Sony MDR-XB700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 47 seconds ago
- › *OFFICAL* Echobox Explorer Review Tour Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 1 minute ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Jbl headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered by glassmonkey
- › Rose Aurora by vapman
- › Cayin i5 by Takeanidea
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Takeanidea
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by MrChiSox
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear