dont worry you should be fine as far as comfort with glasses on the xb700
Recent Images In This Thread
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed-back full-sized over ear headphones, ideal for listening to reggae and accoustic Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Bass-Heavy, Comfortable Headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Mixcder ShareMe Pro, a Bluetooth headphone created with the aim of bringing listeners together. I was first introduced to...
Preamble: Before I begin with my review, I’d like to take the time to thank Jeongjae from DIGNIS for providing me with a sample of the LAETUS case for the Chord Electronics Mojo DAC-Amp...
Undoubtedly, one of the biggest influences on the audio market was the invention of the operational amplifiers. Compact and inexpensive (mostly) chips allowed to create small and well sounding...
The F7200 is a single balanced armature in ear moniter from the Japanese company Final. Final have been in business since 1974 and in my opinion make some retro looking IEM and full size...
Sony MDR-XB500 vs Sony MDR-XB700 - Page 12post #166 of 17311/6/12 at 5:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 17311/6/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
Thanks for the fast reply!
I also notice the MDR-XB900 are available now - I wonder how they compare but they are also quite pricey at $200 (incl postage) into Australia from Hong Kong where the XB700 only cost me $70 (from the same country)
Edited by jjcoolaus - 11/6/12 at 8:38pmpost #168 of 17311/6/12 at 8:57pm
I have MDR-X10 (almost identical to XB900, only color variant). Its sound is extremely over bassed and unclear. On-ear pad is not comfortable compared to XB1000 (I do not have XB700). I dislike X10, so I will not recommend X900 to anyone.post #169 of 1731/14/13 at 2:41pmpost #170 of 1734/27/13 at 4:24pm
I was looking for headphones that cost less than 50 € or so, with deep bass and extended mid and not intrusive and annoying.
You say that the Sony XB500 do it for me, or is it better to choose another?post #171 of 1737/21/13 at 7:39amQuote:Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD
Here's how I'd describe the difference between these two using a simplied frequency response graph that would picture how I see the relevance of the lows and mids and highs to each other in these headphones based on how I thought they sounded unEQ'd and how I EQ'd myself and comparing a bit with headphone.com graphs:
XB700 has a quite typical V-shaped frequency response curve while XB500 is more like a slanting slope.
From my experience, the Sony XB500 has more midbass than the Sony XB700 headphones, which is why it has more impact and feel. If you prefer deep subwoofer bass over midbass, then get the XB700 headphones. If you are after headphones that have a great bass impact that you can feel XB500 all the way!post #172 of 17310/27/13 at 10:33pmYour frequency response is wrong. The biggest difference is that the xb700s are boosted around 2khz by about 3 to 5 decibels louder than the xb500s. And also the xb700s reaches their peak in bass around 200hz and slightly starts fading from there.
Edited by dementor338 - 10/27/13 at 10:35pmpost #173 of 1738/8/16 at 9:09pm
Having owned both headphones, I can say that the Sony MDR-XB700's are more comfortable wear, and definitely offer more in the low frequency range. When connected to an amp, the 700's physically vibrate . Great for bassheads. Now to acquire the XB1000's ...
- Sony MDR-XB500 vs Sony MDR-XB700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Are we getting old? 45 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 49 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 2 minutes ago
- › Better source, DAC or headphones to improve audio quality 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO Proudly Announces the Sonica Grand Wi-Fi Speaker. North... 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › RHA T20 by RaoulRutnam
- › ampsandsound Agartha Single-Ended Amplifier by Dillan
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...