dont worry you should be fine as far as comfort with glasses on the xb700
Recent Images In This Thread
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSony MDR-XB700 50mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass Headphones Help! (About $150 budget) Last post on 6/1/14 at 9:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed-back full-sized over ear headphones, ideal for listening to reggae and accoustic Last post on 6/12/12 at 7:05am in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Bass-Heavy, Comfortable Headphones Last post on 6/6/12 at 10:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Sony MDR-XB500 vs Sony MDR-XB700 - Page 12post #166 of 17211/6/12 at 5:21pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #167 of 17211/6/12 at 8:34pmQuote:
Thanks for the fast reply!
I also notice the MDR-XB900 are available now - I wonder how they compare but they are also quite pricey at $200 (incl postage) into Australia from Hong Kong where the XB700 only cost me $70 (from the same country)
Edited by jjcoolaus - 11/6/12 at 8:38pmpost #168 of 17211/6/12 at 8:57pm
I have MDR-X10 (almost identical to XB900, only color variant). Its sound is extremely over bassed and unclear. On-ear pad is not comfortable compared to XB1000 (I do not have XB700). I dislike X10, so I will not recommend X900 to anyone.post #169 of 1721/14/13 at 2:41pmpost #170 of 1724/27/13 at 4:24pm
I was looking for headphones that cost less than 50 € or so, with deep bass and extended mid and not intrusive and annoying.
You say that the Sony XB500 do it for me, or is it better to choose another?post #171 of 1727/21/13 at 7:39amQuote:Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD
Here's how I'd describe the difference between these two using a simplied frequency response graph that would picture how I see the relevance of the lows and mids and highs to each other in these headphones based on how I thought they sounded unEQ'd and how I EQ'd myself and comparing a bit with headphone.com graphs:
XB700 has a quite typical V-shaped frequency response curve while XB500 is more like a slanting slope.
From my experience, the Sony XB500 has more midbass than the Sony XB700 headphones, which is why it has more impact and feel. If you prefer deep subwoofer bass over midbass, then get the XB700 headphones. If you are after headphones that have a great bass impact that you can feel XB500 all the way!post #172 of 17210/27/13 at 10:33pmYour frequency response is wrong. The biggest difference is that the xb700s are boosted around 2khz by about 3 to 5 decibels louder than the xb500s. And also the xb700s reaches their peak in bass around 200hz and slightly starts fading from there.
Edited by dementor338 - 10/27/13 at 10:35pm
- Sony MDR-XB500 vs Sony MDR-XB700
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › How bright are Grados? 6 seconds ago
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 57 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i ***Canada*** 4 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)