Im wondering what the best in ear solution i can get for 250 US dollars. doesnt matter if its IEM's + portable amp and dac or whatever, as long as the price is around 250 =P im using an iPod Touch 4G as a source.
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 2/10/11
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productPhiaton PS 200 Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones with Dual Micro Transducers (Woofer andTweeter)tagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for my first pair of nice iem Last post on 1/1/13 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 12/29/13 at 11:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Why dynamic drivers have better bass than BA drivers? Last post on 6/5/14 at 2:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Best portable in ear solution for 250bucks
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The thing I find with an iPod Touch 4G is that you're not going to find the best sound out of them straight through the headphone jack. I don't know WHAT it is, but music just sounds more "lively" through the Sony machines that I have. That's not to say you should get rid of your Touch, but recognise that as long as you use it straight out of the headphone jack it won't sound as good as it can be.
That being said, at 250 bucks you're looking at a some serious sound quality output. The truth is, a $250 IEM is going to be better than a $100 IEM and a $150 amp, unless that IEM is the RE-0. Oh yeah, that doesn't even include your interconnects/LODs. You also have to take portability into consideration. I don't know about you, but I buy portable players so I either A) slip them into my back pocket and chill on commutes or B) use the apps on the Touch. I don't like strapping on an amp, because it longer fits my definition of portable.
Now for the crux of this post: depending on the music you listen to, you'll gravitate towards different 'sound signatures'. As someone who listens to everything, I'm pretty happy with the Westone 3. It's just a fun set to listen to. Plenty of low end (so much more than expected for a balanced armature set) for dips into the "hip-hop" culture, and plenty of resolution for the faster pieces. Handles everything well. This fact, however, isn't stopping me from oggling a pair of Phiaton PS200 though. I sure could use less bass for some of the jazz that I listen to.
What's the moral of the story here? You're not going to find an ideal solution. You can find compromises though. So just read around head-fi! There's a good link >>HERE<< that you should check out. Just skip to whatever price range you're looking at, or go right to the numbers if you're a "too long; didn't read" type of dude. Good luck!
Depends on what kind of sound you are looking for. Bassy, sparkly and fun? I recommend Panasonic HJE900. Generally neutral with some warmth and smoothness added to spice things up? I suggest Fischer Audio DBA-02. Neutral and accurate with very little to no coloration? Etymotic ER4 P/S is your best friend.
I posted this to try to learn more, and to figure out my x-mas gift(gotta start early) =D
as for music i listen to its mostly metal(almost all sub genres apart from core and nu) but also rap/hip hop, epic movie music, j-rock, j-pop, folk, folk rock and some more stuff..
I bought my first real IEM's(non chinese) about 7months ago and thats when portable music started getting fun. (the monster turbines cost 240bucks in norway, if your lucky you can find them for 200.. =S)
thanks for the help so far =D
- Best portable in ear solution for 250bucks
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Competitive Headset/Phone Set-up Idea? (PS4) 40 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)