Denon AH-D1100, Bass is good, Soundstage is good. Half the price you are asking for
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Too many choices for movie headphones need help picking one Last post on 7/2/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Best cans ~$300? - Page 2post #16 of 262/15/11 at 8:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 262/15/11 at 9:02am
The DT770 32Ohm has really terrible reviews! There's more to ohms then just volume...post #18 of 262/15/11 at 9:46am
There's a thread on here that reviews all versions of the DT770s, DT880s, and DT990s, plus compares them against a few other non-Beyer phones. I don't remember the thread title, but I'm sure a search could dig it up.
EDIT: Derp. I already had a tab opened to the thread. In fact, the tab right after the one in which I posted this. Here it is.post #19 of 262/15/11 at 10:11am
They have very tight, impact strong bass ( say "oomph") and it goes very low. They have a huge soundstage, are very fast and super clean in the highs.
The 650s are a good choice too, but i think they have a more bloated, resonant sound in the low frequs. The good thing is that they distort a little bit less, than the HD600s.post #20 of 262/15/11 at 11:29ampost #21 of 262/15/11 at 1:14pm
x3 on HD600. If you don't mind getting another set of senns of course. I like them more than D5000 and maybe more than my RS-1 & D7000 since they don't overdo the highs (like RS-1 & D7000) or the lows (like the D7000 & D5000). The Beyers might be great too, haven't heard them.
Just don't get low-ohm DT770.post #22 of 262/15/11 at 8:33pm
I have both the Denon D2000 and Grado 325is, and for metal I will definitely have to recommend the Grado. They sound amazing with guitars and acoustic. The bass isn't overwhelming but punchy. Unfortunately the highs are a bit harsh, but either they don't sound as bright with burn-in, through a tube amp, or just getting accustomed to them. But I must say they are a bit heavy due to the metal alloy for the casing, and at least for me they hurt after having them on for around 2 hours.
The Denons are many times more comfortable, with more bass (I don't find them muddy, but it depends on the recording), recessed mids, and sparkly highs (in a good way). I don't find them as nice for metal and they have a bit of a more relaxed sound compared to the Grado.post #23 of 262/17/11 at 12:21amQuote:
Okey my bad they come in more versions I was reffering to 250 ohm and 600 ohm :)post #24 of 262/17/11 at 4:48ampost #25 of 262/17/11 at 6:14ampost #26 of 262/17/11 at 9:20am
I have the DT990's and do not find the highs too harsh. Tube amp helps there for sure. However, I find the DT990's sound best with complex detailed music and are not a great impact headphone. For the type of music you mentioned I would consider something else.
- Best cans ~$300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 19 seconds ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 27 seconds ago
- › Help need with Audio GD DAC 19 10 yr Anniversary Edition and MacBook 32 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Revive Rio-511 and RD-3 (together or separate) 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for new IEM to replace ATH-IM50 4 minutes ago
- › Seeking advice re: Beyerdynamic DT 770 80 ohm vs 250 ohm 6 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 6 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...