Denon AH-D1100, Bass is good, Soundstage is good. Half the price you are asking for
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Too many choices for movie headphones need help picking one Last post on 7/2/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
They sound nice and have lot of bass.. the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will.... The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a...
The sound of master 1s is trully great for its size, especially the lower end. As you can see the NOS arrived with deteriorated ear pad and it still sound good with lot of bass extension. Even...
Using TheHeadphoneList's Review Format Below Accessories - 3/5 You get a semi-hard case with a felt-like exterior that zips up and 3 different sized tips to help fit your ears....
Brainwavz HM9 is a portable / foldable, super comfortable headphone priced at $150 USD ($119 at the time of writting on Amazon) that surely grabs attention including mine, with it's stylish...
Ok guys, here's my take on the SennGrados... First of all, I would like to mention that these are not my personal cans, they are on loan to me as part of a tour that's spreading the word on...
Best cans ~$300? - Page 2post #16 of 262/15/11 at 8:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 262/15/11 at 9:02am
The DT770 32Ohm has really terrible reviews! There's more to ohms then just volume...post #18 of 262/15/11 at 9:46am
There's a thread on here that reviews all versions of the DT770s, DT880s, and DT990s, plus compares them against a few other non-Beyer phones. I don't remember the thread title, but I'm sure a search could dig it up.
EDIT: Derp. I already had a tab opened to the thread. In fact, the tab right after the one in which I posted this. Here it is.post #19 of 262/15/11 at 10:11am
They have very tight, impact strong bass ( say "oomph") and it goes very low. They have a huge soundstage, are very fast and super clean in the highs.
The 650s are a good choice too, but i think they have a more bloated, resonant sound in the low frequs. The good thing is that they distort a little bit less, than the HD600s.post #20 of 262/15/11 at 11:29ampost #21 of 262/15/11 at 1:14pm
x3 on HD600. If you don't mind getting another set of senns of course. I like them more than D5000 and maybe more than my RS-1 & D7000 since they don't overdo the highs (like RS-1 & D7000) or the lows (like the D7000 & D5000). The Beyers might be great too, haven't heard them.
Just don't get low-ohm DT770.post #22 of 262/15/11 at 8:33pm
I have both the Denon D2000 and Grado 325is, and for metal I will definitely have to recommend the Grado. They sound amazing with guitars and acoustic. The bass isn't overwhelming but punchy. Unfortunately the highs are a bit harsh, but either they don't sound as bright with burn-in, through a tube amp, or just getting accustomed to them. But I must say they are a bit heavy due to the metal alloy for the casing, and at least for me they hurt after having them on for around 2 hours.
The Denons are many times more comfortable, with more bass (I don't find them muddy, but it depends on the recording), recessed mids, and sparkly highs (in a good way). I don't find them as nice for metal and they have a bit of a more relaxed sound compared to the Grado.post #23 of 262/17/11 at 12:21amQuote:
Okey my bad they come in more versions I was reffering to 250 ohm and 600 ohm :)post #24 of 262/17/11 at 4:48ampost #25 of 262/17/11 at 6:14ampost #26 of 262/17/11 at 9:20am
I have the DT990's and do not find the highs too harsh. Tube amp helps there for sure. However, I find the DT990's sound best with complex detailed music and are not a great impact headphone. For the type of music you mentioned I would consider something else.
- Best cans ~$300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica IM50 Black, Final Audio Heaven II Black 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 Series 2 by RubxQub
- › Brainwavz HM9 Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by wormsdriver
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by trevorburnham
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply by Mshenay
- › beyerdynamic T50p by gotak
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Tom22
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)