Denon AH-D1100, Bass is good, Soundstage is good. Half the price you are asking for
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Too many choices for movie headphones need help picking one Last post on 7/2/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
Best cans ~$300? - Page 2post #16 of 262/15/11 at 8:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 262/15/11 at 9:02am
The DT770 32Ohm has really terrible reviews! There's more to ohms then just volume...post #18 of 262/15/11 at 9:46am
There's a thread on here that reviews all versions of the DT770s, DT880s, and DT990s, plus compares them against a few other non-Beyer phones. I don't remember the thread title, but I'm sure a search could dig it up.
EDIT: Derp. I already had a tab opened to the thread. In fact, the tab right after the one in which I posted this. Here it is.post #19 of 262/15/11 at 10:11am
They have very tight, impact strong bass ( say "oomph") and it goes very low. They have a huge soundstage, are very fast and super clean in the highs.
The 650s are a good choice too, but i think they have a more bloated, resonant sound in the low frequs. The good thing is that they distort a little bit less, than the HD600s.post #20 of 262/15/11 at 11:29ampost #21 of 262/15/11 at 1:14pm
x3 on HD600. If you don't mind getting another set of senns of course. I like them more than D5000 and maybe more than my RS-1 & D7000 since they don't overdo the highs (like RS-1 & D7000) or the lows (like the D7000 & D5000). The Beyers might be great too, haven't heard them.
Just don't get low-ohm DT770.post #22 of 262/15/11 at 8:33pm
I have both the Denon D2000 and Grado 325is, and for metal I will definitely have to recommend the Grado. They sound amazing with guitars and acoustic. The bass isn't overwhelming but punchy. Unfortunately the highs are a bit harsh, but either they don't sound as bright with burn-in, through a tube amp, or just getting accustomed to them. But I must say they are a bit heavy due to the metal alloy for the casing, and at least for me they hurt after having them on for around 2 hours.
The Denons are many times more comfortable, with more bass (I don't find them muddy, but it depends on the recording), recessed mids, and sparkly highs (in a good way). I don't find them as nice for metal and they have a bit of a more relaxed sound compared to the Grado.post #23 of 262/17/11 at 12:21amQuote:
Okey my bad they come in more versions I was reffering to 250 ohm and 600 ohm :)post #24 of 262/17/11 at 4:48ampost #25 of 262/17/11 at 6:14ampost #26 of 262/17/11 at 9:20am
I have the DT990's and do not find the highs too harsh. Tube amp helps there for sure. However, I find the DT990's sound best with complex detailed music and are not a great impact headphone. For the type of music you mentioned I would consider something else.
- Best cans ~$300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 20 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 48 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 50 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 6 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 6 minutes ago
- › Brooko's Reviews - Past & Future 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 7 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...