Denon AH-D1100, Bass is good, Soundstage is good. Half the price you are asking for
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Too many choices for movie headphones need help picking one Last post on 7/2/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Cayin for providing me with a review sample of their new flagship N6 DAP which is currently available on Amazon and from other retailers like...
After picking these up from the Sony Store about a year ago, I can say that these are definitely not worth the $350-$400 price tag. Luckily, I picked them up for around $180 and to me, this seems...
First of all the reason I rate the SE215 5/5* is primarily because of the value it presents under the $100 mark. You will be extremely hard pressed to find a pair of IEMs at this price considering...
I'm all about best use on a budget for a specific person and lifestyle. In my case, the Jaybird Bluebud X's were fantastic. You can check out my review on head fi here, but I also have an older...
SENNHEISER URBANITE XL REVIEW Full sized headphones haven't been part of my usage options for quite some time now. I used to own a Sony MDR-1R but despite the excellent comfort and decent sound my...
Best cans ~$300? - Page 2post #16 of 262/15/11 at 8:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 262/15/11 at 9:02am
The DT770 32Ohm has really terrible reviews! There's more to ohms then just volume...post #18 of 262/15/11 at 9:46am
There's a thread on here that reviews all versions of the DT770s, DT880s, and DT990s, plus compares them against a few other non-Beyer phones. I don't remember the thread title, but I'm sure a search could dig it up.
EDIT: Derp. I already had a tab opened to the thread. In fact, the tab right after the one in which I posted this. Here it is.post #19 of 262/15/11 at 10:11am
They have very tight, impact strong bass ( say "oomph") and it goes very low. They have a huge soundstage, are very fast and super clean in the highs.
The 650s are a good choice too, but i think they have a more bloated, resonant sound in the low frequs. The good thing is that they distort a little bit less, than the HD600s.post #20 of 262/15/11 at 11:29ampost #21 of 262/15/11 at 1:14pm
x3 on HD600. If you don't mind getting another set of senns of course. I like them more than D5000 and maybe more than my RS-1 & D7000 since they don't overdo the highs (like RS-1 & D7000) or the lows (like the D7000 & D5000). The Beyers might be great too, haven't heard them.
Just don't get low-ohm DT770.post #22 of 262/15/11 at 8:33pm
I have both the Denon D2000 and Grado 325is, and for metal I will definitely have to recommend the Grado. They sound amazing with guitars and acoustic. The bass isn't overwhelming but punchy. Unfortunately the highs are a bit harsh, but either they don't sound as bright with burn-in, through a tube amp, or just getting accustomed to them. But I must say they are a bit heavy due to the metal alloy for the casing, and at least for me they hurt after having them on for around 2 hours.
The Denons are many times more comfortable, with more bass (I don't find them muddy, but it depends on the recording), recessed mids, and sparkly highs (in a good way). I don't find them as nice for metal and they have a bit of a more relaxed sound compared to the Grado.post #23 of 262/17/11 at 12:21amQuote:
Okey my bad they come in more versions I was reffering to 250 ohm and 600 ohm :)post #24 of 262/17/11 at 4:48ampost #25 of 262/17/11 at 6:14ampost #26 of 262/17/11 at 9:20am
I have the DT990's and do not find the highs too harsh. Tube amp helps there for sure. However, I find the DT990's sound best with complex detailed music and are not a great impact headphone. For the type of music you mentioned I would consider something else.
- Best cans ~$300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 4 minutes ago
- › February 21 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 5 minutes ago
- › MQA from Meridian 7 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 9 minutes ago
- › BTG-Audio 9 minutes ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 9 minutes ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by twister6
- › Sony XBA-4SL by cuiter23
- › Shure SE215 by cuiter23
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by ActiveTechREV
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by d marc0
- › HIFIMAN RE300a(Black) InLine Control Earphone by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by mark2410
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3