Denon AH-D1100, Bass is good, Soundstage is good. Half the price you are asking for
- productAKG K 702 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productGrado SR-325i Prestige Series Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/11
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 2/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Looking for $200-300 Indie Headphones Last post on 10/3/11 at 3:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones (pref. < $300) that pair amazingly well with Schiit Asgard? Last post on 7/28/11 at 1:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Too many choices for movie headphones need help picking one Last post on 7/2/11 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Best cans ~$300? - Page 2post #16 of 262/15/11 at 8:09am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 262/15/11 at 9:02am
The DT770 32Ohm has really terrible reviews! There's more to ohms then just volume...post #18 of 262/15/11 at 9:46am
There's a thread on here that reviews all versions of the DT770s, DT880s, and DT990s, plus compares them against a few other non-Beyer phones. I don't remember the thread title, but I'm sure a search could dig it up.
EDIT: Derp. I already had a tab opened to the thread. In fact, the tab right after the one in which I posted this. Here it is.post #19 of 262/15/11 at 10:11am
They have very tight, impact strong bass ( say "oomph") and it goes very low. They have a huge soundstage, are very fast and super clean in the highs.
The 650s are a good choice too, but i think they have a more bloated, resonant sound in the low frequs. The good thing is that they distort a little bit less, than the HD600s.post #20 of 262/15/11 at 11:29ampost #21 of 262/15/11 at 1:14pm
x3 on HD600. If you don't mind getting another set of senns of course. I like them more than D5000 and maybe more than my RS-1 & D7000 since they don't overdo the highs (like RS-1 & D7000) or the lows (like the D7000 & D5000). The Beyers might be great too, haven't heard them.
Just don't get low-ohm DT770.post #22 of 262/15/11 at 8:33pm
I have both the Denon D2000 and Grado 325is, and for metal I will definitely have to recommend the Grado. They sound amazing with guitars and acoustic. The bass isn't overwhelming but punchy. Unfortunately the highs are a bit harsh, but either they don't sound as bright with burn-in, through a tube amp, or just getting accustomed to them. But I must say they are a bit heavy due to the metal alloy for the casing, and at least for me they hurt after having them on for around 2 hours.
The Denons are many times more comfortable, with more bass (I don't find them muddy, but it depends on the recording), recessed mids, and sparkly highs (in a good way). I don't find them as nice for metal and they have a bit of a more relaxed sound compared to the Grado.post #23 of 262/17/11 at 12:21amQuote:
Okey my bad they come in more versions I was reffering to 250 ohm and 600 ohm :)post #24 of 262/17/11 at 4:48ampost #25 of 262/17/11 at 6:14ampost #26 of 262/17/11 at 9:20am
I have the DT990's and do not find the highs too harsh. Tube amp helps there for sure. However, I find the DT990's sound best with complex detailed music and are not a great impact headphone. For the type of music you mentioned I would consider something else.
- Best cans ~$300?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 32 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 36 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 41 seconds ago
- › Auralic Taurus Mk1 230v (EU) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3