Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones <250$ as of now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphones <250$ as of now? - Page 2

post #16 of 45

For what kind of music?  Open? Closed?  With an amplifier?

post #17 of 45

For me it's the Koss Pro DJ 100 and HD-598. I also like the AKG K240 Studio (and the Sextett), but not any more than these.

HD-598 for me seems to get most everything right. The only thing I don't like about them is the color.

 

EDIT: My KRK is another good one. They're the most detailed headphone I own, but are not always fun to listen to all day.

post #18 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eucariote View Post

For what kind of music?  Open? Closed?  With an amplifier?



ohhh probably closed and a lil bit of amplifier to non should be fine.. ill try to get a small amp/dac =)

post #19 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdockweiler View Post

For me it's the Koss Pro DJ 100 and HD-598. I also like the AKG K240 Studio (and the Sextett), but not any more than these.

HD-598 for me seems to get most everything right. The only thing I don't like about them is the color.

 

EDIT: My KRK is another good one. They're the most detailed headphone I own, but are not always fun to listen to all day.

i liked the 598s bro
 

post #20 of 45

I'd say the Fischer Audio FA-003, but maybe that's just my bias since I loovvvee mine hehe biggrin.gif

post #21 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt77 View Post

I'd say the grossly under appreciated ATH-AD900 deserves a vote here. It's just below $250 and really is an amazing headphone. I've recently regained complete and unfailing respect for it, after automatically going for my ATH-A900Ti for the last two years or so. But now I'm not so sure which of the two is the better headphone. The AD900 surely is the more transparent one. In fact, its transparency is quite amazing, if you ask me. (Ask me!) If that's your thing, besides slightly colored mids (which make them sing with any vocal and 'natural' music), then you can't go wrong with Audio-Technica's ATH-AD900.

ill look for deals about that if i get one illl prolly get it

 

 

what do you guys think about ultrasone pro750, and srh940 "anyreviews yet"?
 

post #22 of 45

Well these are all good phones:

Alessandro MS2 - will sound amazing with rock and great with everything in general.

comfort is arguable, I have the next model up, the MS-Pro and I find them comfy, the MS2 weighs more though.

 

Audio Technica AD900 - these are great all round as well, more soundstage than MS2 but not as exciting sound, is more balanced in sound.

 

Beyer DT880 or 990 - these are both great cans but need a powerful amp, the above phones sound equally as good and don't need an amp.

 

Ultrasone Pro 750- these are about as uncomfy as the MS2, they sound ok but I feel the MS2 and AD900 both sound much better.

 

 

What kind of music do you listen to?

post #23 of 45
Thread Starter 

i listen to everything its wierd so usaying its looks like ms2 and ad900is having the battle on the top?

 

but mostly rock/hiphop/acoustic then i get classical/electronic dubsteps mood sometimes
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.R.A.N.C.E. View Post

Well these are all good phones:

Alessandro MS2 - will sound amazing with rock and great with everything in general.

comfort is arguable, I have the next model up, the MS-Pro and I find them comfy, the MS2 weighs more though.

 

Audio Technica AD900 - these are great all round as well, more soundstage than MS2 but not as exciting sound, is more balanced in sound.

 

Beyer DT880 or 990 - these are both great cans but need a powerful amp, the above phones sound equally as good and don't need an amp.

 

Ultrasone Pro 750- these are about as uncomfy as the MS2, they sound ok but I feel the MS2 and AD900 both sound much better.

 

 

What kind of music do you listen to?

post #24 of 45

If you have an amp, a secondhand DT880 2003 250ohm or Sennheiser HD580 is excellent for $150. If you don't have an amp, the FA-003 will rock the boat nicely. 

 

[edit:] hiphop and dubstep? Man stick to your Shures or try the Ultrasone 580. Hell even the XB700 is awesome for dubstep. 

post #25 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

If you have an amp, a secondhand DT880 2003 250ohm or Sennheiser HD580 is excellent for $150. If you don't have an amp, the FA-003 will rock the boat nicely. 



i was about to mention fa-003 lol, have you tried them? well im thinking of getting a less or equal to 100$ portable amp/dac im not sure what they can drive well...

im just thinking if fa-003 can be compared to srh940 i have a feeling that they are going to be similar..just a feeling

post #26 of 45

I haven't heard the SRH940 so I can't compare them. I have owned the FA-003 but sold it because I prefered the HD580. You can't go wrong with any of the two though. 

post #27 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negakinu View Post

I haven't heard the SRH940 so I can't compare them. I have owned the FA-003 but sold it because I prefered the HD580. You can't go wrong with any of the two though. 



yea i might just wait for a little bit more thanks for the infos

post #28 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengt77 View Post

I'd say the grossly under appreciated ATH-AD900 deserves a vote here. It's just below $250 and really is an amazing headphone. I've recently regained complete and unfailing respect for it, after automatically going for my ATH-A900Ti for the last two years or so. But now I'm not so sure which of the two is the better headphone. The AD900 surely is the more transparent one. In fact, its transparency is quite amazing, if you ask me. (Ask me!) If that's your thing, besides slightly colored mids (which make them sing with any vocal and 'natural' music), then you can't go wrong with Audio-Technica's ATH-AD900.


This, they continue to amaze me every day and are at an absolute steal at $200 on Amazon right now. Every day I love these more and more, and this is after 4 months of having them.

 

Edit: http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-AD900-Open-Dynamic-Headphones/dp/B00070GXBS

 

A huge deal right now. They have handled every type of music sufficiently, at the very least, that I've thrown at it from Drum & Bass to folk.

post #29 of 45

I think most people that are crazy about the AD900 haven't heard the DT880. :) Don't get me wrong, I used to love my AD700 to smithereens but since I got the DT880 I haven't touched it.

post #30 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by diodiel View Post

i listen to everything its wierd so usaying its looks like ms2 and ad900is having the battle on the top?

 

but mostly rock/hiphop/acoustic then i get classical/electronic dubsteps mood sometimes
 



Well, then I will say based on your music preference I would get the MS2 or if you want to spend a bit less, the Grado 225i, but the AD900 would be fine as well.

 

@Negakinu, yea the DT880 are a step up from the AD900, but the AD900 is still better bang for buck as it doesn't need an amp. Also some people may even prefer the sound of the AD900 to the DT880. The 880 has slightly more recessed mids in contrast to the AD900, but a bit more treble sparkle. Both have great soundstages, the area I find better about the DT880 is the bass, it has more impact and texture than the AD900. The DT880 is also a bit more detailed, overall fairly similar phones.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones <250$ as of now?