- 1 Post. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Rank all your Headphones - Mini Review Thread Last post on 8/20/12 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones Review - Page 11post #151 of 16212/26/12 at 3:58amI was thinking about grabbing one of these soon. Should I wait for an upgrade from b&w since its already 2.5 years old? Any others to consider?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 1623/27/13 at 2:59pmpost #153 of 1624/17/13 at 1:45amI had mine P5's for nearly two years now and have only just recently paired them with a Fiio amp, this has improved upper frequency and lower extension no end and improved imaging. I highly recommend them and have never had any build quality issues after using them virtually every day!post #154 of 1627/9/13 at 8:41pmpost #155 of 1629/7/13 at 12:15am
Does anyone know if there are any fake P5s out there?
Just wondering. It doesn't sound very possible to me as these headphones are made by very expensive materials and therefore I can''t see any point in producing counterfelts. I would be interested to hear your opinions.
B&W claims there are fake products but doesn't specify which of their models have been ''copied'' if any.
Edited by G_T_J - 9/7/13 at 12:39ampost #156 of 16211/9/13 at 12:55ampost #157 of 16211/9/13 at 1:58am^some studies suggest, though it is mostly alternating magnetic fields that pose a problem. If you care about that buy ultrasone or Stax.
The field strength can actually be very strong with headphones, 10 times stronger than the upper limit of say your computer monitorpost #158 of 16211/9/13 at 2:03amQuote:
Now,mentioning this,I thought about the magnets of the speakers themselves - they are also very close to our heads,so probably it`s ony my doubt that this can be dangerous.
I really like B&W , but P3 (because of the price tag,you know).Enjoy listening them!post #159 of 16211/9/13 at 2:10ampost #160 of 16211/9/13 at 2:23amQuote:
Side effects are also kind of dangers, literally.
Anyway,I think the side effects come from intensity and time of exposure.post #161 of 16211/9/13 at 3:40amOf course. I have not found any difference after using one of ultrasones mu shielded models exclusively compared to my he-500 though. Oth I seem to get fatigued especially when tired by the he-500post #162 of 1621/2/14 at 10:05am
Ok, so i have had the P5 for two years now. The cable really sucks. Within the first month, the cover to the volume control came off. And I don't even use it because I don't have any apple products. Recently the right driver seems to stop delivering any low end note. All the mid to high frequency can be heard, but no bass. Is this a driver issue? or cable? Anybody have this problem?
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid Impressions and Appreciation Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 seconds ago
- › Where do I go from the M100s? 16 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 21 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-009: Best Headphone Ever Made? - Head-Fi TV, Episode 008 22 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 1 minute ago
- › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread -... 1 minute ago
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude