If you guys haven't already done so, give the Tzar 350 a look, and perhaps a try. It's another accuracy-oriented IEM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Etymotic ER4-PT, Musical Fidelity EB50 comparison? Last post on 5/13/14 at 5:30am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- New Eymotics ER-4PT for Bill Last post on 3/24/14 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE-900, SE-425, ER-4PT, SE-215 IEM's for sale. All prices negotiable. Last post on 3/11/14 at 3:50pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which Etymotics for me? Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do in-ear earphones cause damage to ears? Last post on 12/21/13 at 9:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 51
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was seriously considering it but I don't support heir audio's method of marketing. If the claim for "reference" accuracy is made, there should be some supporting info about design goals and compromises, like what etymotic does. Without that it's a bunch of fluff imo.
Although some aspects of Heir's marketing are questionable, I feel like the choice to not publish a frequency chart for their IEMs is a way of saying "trust your ears." As opposed to looking at a bunch of numbers/graphs and allowing them to heavily affect your impressions. Too many people get so caught up in the tech specs that they form premature bias and write things off for the wrong reasons. imo
I use my ER-4S with my Schiit Lyr. I didn't buy the Lyr for them specifically but also for my over-ear phones... right now Beyer 880 / 600ohm versions. I hear no noise from the Lyr with my 4S, and it sure gives more transparency and stage depth... as well as a little more bass response.
And, speaking of bass with the 4S... if you will go have some custom ear pieces made for the 4S, it will help the bass end... as well as overall performance. For a little over $100, you can't beat it. And then you don't have to look for the right tips. I love 'em!
I also use 4S a lot for watching movies in bed when my wife is asleep. I just plug them into the headphone output on the side of my Samsung LCD. And I use a rather cheap 10 extension to reach me in bed... never for serious music listening in my main system. The Samsung drives the 4S fairly well for movie watching... or for programs.
Okay so I just got my new set direct from Etymotic, and it's the old version with red and blue cable connectors and unbraided cable. Wow. Will definitely be exchanging it but why would they do that? Exchanging is such a hassle, and I have to pay for shipping again.
Yeah I filled out the return form explaining my problem. Obviously I'll wait until they respond to do anything. I was going to change the cable anyway, but I shouldn't be getting an older version when buying new. The picture on their website has black connectors and an updated box. The whole thing is just weird to me.
I should add that they sound absolutely perfect though. The foams seem to work best for me since there is no bi-flange option included. Thanks to soundstige for selling a pair at a good price that got me to finally bite on these.
Hmm sounds like they're still in the old-to-new version transition phase, and trying to get rid of old inventory; but doing it in this way is not cool. Etymotic should just ship you the new version right now instead of having you wait another week and pay for shipping; that's the right thing to do after you've been caught screwing up! This is unfortunate... but if they take my recommended course of action, you'll have two ER4S! haha
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 3 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 4 seconds ago
- › AKG Q701 Austria made vs China with picture. 5 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 51 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)