If you guys haven't already done so, give the Tzar 350 a look, and perhaps a try. It's another accuracy-oriented IEM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need some suggestion's for iem's Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Offers Welcome - Etymotic ER-4 MicroPro, ER4 P to S Conversion Cable and accessories - standard... Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SOLD - Etymotic Research ER-4PT- with all packaging and accessories Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:16pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which one? Etymotic ER-4PT/S , Noble PR or Aurisonics ASG-1+ Last post on 1/26/15 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER4PT with ER4P to ER4S Cable - SALE PENDING to countolaf Last post on 4/11/15 at 5:13am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one word comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 51
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was seriously considering it but I don't support heir audio's method of marketing. If the claim for "reference" accuracy is made, there should be some supporting info about design goals and compromises, like what etymotic does. Without that it's a bunch of fluff imo.
Although some aspects of Heir's marketing are questionable, I feel like the choice to not publish a frequency chart for their IEMs is a way of saying "trust your ears." As opposed to looking at a bunch of numbers/graphs and allowing them to heavily affect your impressions. Too many people get so caught up in the tech specs that they form premature bias and write things off for the wrong reasons. imo
I use my ER-4S with my Schiit Lyr. I didn't buy the Lyr for them specifically but also for my over-ear phones... right now Beyer 880 / 600ohm versions. I hear no noise from the Lyr with my 4S, and it sure gives more transparency and stage depth... as well as a little more bass response.
And, speaking of bass with the 4S... if you will go have some custom ear pieces made for the 4S, it will help the bass end... as well as overall performance. For a little over $100, you can't beat it. And then you don't have to look for the right tips. I love 'em!
I also use 4S a lot for watching movies in bed when my wife is asleep. I just plug them into the headphone output on the side of my Samsung LCD. And I use a rather cheap 10 extension to reach me in bed... never for serious music listening in my main system. The Samsung drives the 4S fairly well for movie watching... or for programs.
Okay so I just got my new set direct from Etymotic, and it's the old version with red and blue cable connectors and unbraided cable. Wow. Will definitely be exchanging it but why would they do that? Exchanging is such a hassle, and I have to pay for shipping again.
Yeah I filled out the return form explaining my problem. Obviously I'll wait until they respond to do anything. I was going to change the cable anyway, but I shouldn't be getting an older version when buying new. The picture on their website has black connectors and an updated box. The whole thing is just weird to me.
I should add that they sound absolutely perfect though. The foams seem to work best for me since there is no bi-flange option included. Thanks to soundstige for selling a pair at a good price that got me to finally bite on these.
Hmm sounds like they're still in the old-to-new version transition phase, and trying to get rid of old inventory; but doing it in this way is not cool. Etymotic should just ship you the new version right now instead of having you wait another week and pay for shipping; that's the right thing to do after you've been caught screwing up! This is unfortunate... but if they take my recommended course of action, you'll have two ER4S! haha
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 19 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 6 minutes ago
- › From Sennheiser HD 650 to HiFiMAN HE-400i... there's no way back! 8 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Balance Card for HIFI-ET MA8 MA9 Super Digital Audio Music Player 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2