If you guys haven't already done so, give the Tzar 350 a look, and perhaps a try. It's another accuracy-oriented IEM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- need some suggestion's for iem's Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:19am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Offers Welcome - Etymotic ER-4 MicroPro, ER4 P to S Conversion Cable and accessories - standard... Last post on 2/2/15 at 10:22pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- SOLD - Etymotic Research ER-4PT- with all packaging and accessories Last post on 2/10/15 at 2:16pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which one? Etymotic ER-4PT/S , Noble PR or Aurisonics ASG-1+ Last post on 1/26/15 at 6:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER4PT with ER4P to ER4S Cable Last post on 2/15/15 at 9:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 51
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was seriously considering it but I don't support heir audio's method of marketing. If the claim for "reference" accuracy is made, there should be some supporting info about design goals and compromises, like what etymotic does. Without that it's a bunch of fluff imo.
Although some aspects of Heir's marketing are questionable, I feel like the choice to not publish a frequency chart for their IEMs is a way of saying "trust your ears." As opposed to looking at a bunch of numbers/graphs and allowing them to heavily affect your impressions. Too many people get so caught up in the tech specs that they form premature bias and write things off for the wrong reasons. imo
I use my ER-4S with my Schiit Lyr. I didn't buy the Lyr for them specifically but also for my over-ear phones... right now Beyer 880 / 600ohm versions. I hear no noise from the Lyr with my 4S, and it sure gives more transparency and stage depth... as well as a little more bass response.
And, speaking of bass with the 4S... if you will go have some custom ear pieces made for the 4S, it will help the bass end... as well as overall performance. For a little over $100, you can't beat it. And then you don't have to look for the right tips. I love 'em!
I also use 4S a lot for watching movies in bed when my wife is asleep. I just plug them into the headphone output on the side of my Samsung LCD. And I use a rather cheap 10 extension to reach me in bed... never for serious music listening in my main system. The Samsung drives the 4S fairly well for movie watching... or for programs.
Okay so I just got my new set direct from Etymotic, and it's the old version with red and blue cable connectors and unbraided cable. Wow. Will definitely be exchanging it but why would they do that? Exchanging is such a hassle, and I have to pay for shipping again.
Yeah I filled out the return form explaining my problem. Obviously I'll wait until they respond to do anything. I was going to change the cable anyway, but I shouldn't be getting an older version when buying new. The picture on their website has black connectors and an updated box. The whole thing is just weird to me.
I should add that they sound absolutely perfect though. The foams seem to work best for me since there is no bi-flange option included. Thanks to soundstige for selling a pair at a good price that got me to finally bite on these.
Hmm sounds like they're still in the old-to-new version transition phase, and trying to get rid of old inventory; but doing it in this way is not cool. Etymotic should just ship you the new version right now instead of having you wait another week and pay for shipping; that's the right thing to do after you've been caught screwing up! This is unfortunate... but if they take my recommended course of action, you'll have two ER4S! haha
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › Best mid-highs in these headphones (Please a comparison of the... 42 seconds ago
- › Lossless vs 128kbps mp3 vs 320kbps mp3 blind test 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2