If you guys haven't already done so, give the Tzar 350 a look, and perhaps a try. It's another accuracy-oriented IEM.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are there IEMs that can match full size headphones Last post on 12/14/14 at 10:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- MUIX IX3000: A collaboration between Golden Ears and iSOUND Last post on 12/3/14 at 9:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Poor Man Reviews] Etymotic Research ER-4PT Last post on 12/1/14 at 5:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need maximum attenuation from outside noise - help me find the best monitors. Last post on 10/27/14 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Schiit Lyr + Bifrost combo doesn't improve my music at all Last post on 11/27/14 at 7:09am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 51
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was seriously considering it but I don't support heir audio's method of marketing. If the claim for "reference" accuracy is made, there should be some supporting info about design goals and compromises, like what etymotic does. Without that it's a bunch of fluff imo.
Although some aspects of Heir's marketing are questionable, I feel like the choice to not publish a frequency chart for their IEMs is a way of saying "trust your ears." As opposed to looking at a bunch of numbers/graphs and allowing them to heavily affect your impressions. Too many people get so caught up in the tech specs that they form premature bias and write things off for the wrong reasons. imo
I use my ER-4S with my Schiit Lyr. I didn't buy the Lyr for them specifically but also for my over-ear phones... right now Beyer 880 / 600ohm versions. I hear no noise from the Lyr with my 4S, and it sure gives more transparency and stage depth... as well as a little more bass response.
And, speaking of bass with the 4S... if you will go have some custom ear pieces made for the 4S, it will help the bass end... as well as overall performance. For a little over $100, you can't beat it. And then you don't have to look for the right tips. I love 'em!
I also use 4S a lot for watching movies in bed when my wife is asleep. I just plug them into the headphone output on the side of my Samsung LCD. And I use a rather cheap 10 extension to reach me in bed... never for serious music listening in my main system. The Samsung drives the 4S fairly well for movie watching... or for programs.
Okay so I just got my new set direct from Etymotic, and it's the old version with red and blue cable connectors and unbraided cable. Wow. Will definitely be exchanging it but why would they do that? Exchanging is such a hassle, and I have to pay for shipping again.
Yeah I filled out the return form explaining my problem. Obviously I'll wait until they respond to do anything. I was going to change the cable anyway, but I shouldn't be getting an older version when buying new. The picture on their website has black connectors and an updated box. The whole thing is just weird to me.
I should add that they sound absolutely perfect though. The foams seem to work best for me since there is no bi-flange option included. Thanks to soundstige for selling a pair at a good price that got me to finally bite on these.
Hmm sounds like they're still in the old-to-new version transition phase, and trying to get rid of old inventory; but doing it in this way is not cool. Etymotic should just ship you the new version right now instead of having you wait another week and pay for shipping; that's the right thing to do after you've been caught screwing up! This is unfortunate... but if they take my recommended course of action, you'll have two ER4S! haha
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 seconds ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 52 seconds ago
- › Audiophile finally throwing down money for Excellence (Need DAP &... 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - 24 bit WAV music player ( impressions,... 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)