or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 467

post #6991 of 7632

ClieOS, I'm in for the 4B cable. I don't mind waiting for the next batch :D

post #6992 of 7632
Well, the deed is done. Flogged off my ER4S for $200 AUD on eBay a few days ago. That's basically $140 USD after conversation. There was some guilt definitely, and being an original unit with old school cable, red/blue plugs I knew they were worth more. Was the longest duration I kept an IEM the ER4S, many good times but the course of natural selection told me I was done.
post #6993 of 7632
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Well, the deed is done. Flogged off my ER4S for $200 AUD on eBay a few days ago. That's basically $140 USD after conversation. There was some guilt definitely, and being an original unit with old school cable, red/blue plugs I knew they were worth more. Was the longest duration I kept an IEM the ER4S, many good times but the course of natural selection told me I was done.

For some reason the word "Treason" springs leapingly to mind:D

 

I just don't think I could ever sell my originals. They have been a part of my life for over 20 odd years. I think it would be more like a divorce.:basshead:

post #6994 of 7632


Maybe I missed it, but what, may I ask, has replaced them?

post #6995 of 7632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutnicks View Post
 

For some reason the word "Treason" springs leapingly to mind:D

 

I just don't think I could ever sell my originals. They have been a part of my life for over 20 odd years. I think it would be more like a divorce.:basshead:

 

I think it may be one piece of gear I'll regret occasionally, but we had our time.

 

I remember one year on New Years Eve I didn't feel like being festive, the midnight fireworks at Sydney Harbour are some of the most explosive echoing for miles 30 minutes straight. I inserted my ER4S a few minutes before midnight using foam tips and listened to some tracks, I can honestly state I didn't hear a single whisper from the fireworks. When I removed the ER4S I was greeted with complete silence, the fireworks had passed and I would never have known.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdent View Post
 


Maybe I missed it, but what, may I ask, has replaced them?

 

The two Tralucent hybrids, 1Plus2 and Ref.1. They serve up more detail, spacious staging and don't require the deep insertion. I do feel if I still had a source which we've spoken about made the ER4S sing 'really sing', I may have kept them. Though I just couldn't be bothered going through it all again, paring them up to such levels.

post #6996 of 7632
Quote:
Originally Posted by alershka View Post


It appears that one of the adapters I purchased from awwan is failing after a little over a week. It seems to be where the cable plugs into the adapter. I got mmcx/shure connector and if I plug and unplug the cable it comes back for a time. I switched everything around to determine if it was a problem with the cable, adapter or the actual earbud. Anyone have any experience with their eBay shop and returns/exchanges? It is not the best time for getting a response due the lunar new year.

Thanks.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


I did not hear back fro Aawan (probably due to the holiday) so I got a bit more formal and started a return on ebay. I was then contacted and told a replacement set would be sent out.  I'm pretty sure the break is in a solder point because plugging and unplugging the cable does not always fix the problem but moving the cable around does. So in the mean time, I am using my spare connectors without the resistor from Lunashop and a P to S cable I picked up on Amazon (ZY Hifi Cable). It seems to be working well. 

 

Since I never heard the ER4S before, I put the Aawan adapters back on (I'm okay as long as I don't move my head) and used the P to S cable and I am super impressed with the increased clarity and depth in FLAC's. I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep using the S cable once I get the replacement Aawan adapters but I may invest in a small amp to go with my Fiio X3. The X3 can drive the 4S but the volume pretty high.

post #6997 of 7632
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

The two Tralucent hybrids, 1Plus2 and Ref.1. They serve up more detail, spacious staging and don't require the deep insertion. I do feel if I still had a source which we've spoken about made the ER4S sing 'really sing', I may have kept them. Though I just couldn't be bothered going through it all again, paring them up to such levels.

 

I see. So it took you two iems to replace one er4s...  ;) ;)

post #6998 of 7632

No, it only takes 1Plus2 to obliterate an ER4S. I'm just greedy. :wink_face:

post #6999 of 7632

I 'll say I am falling in love again with ER4S, especially with the new cable I made myself (just for much better ergonomics) and driven by either FiiO X7 or Mojo. I listen to ER4S a lot more than any IEM I have these days.

post #7000 of 7632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
 

I 'll say I am falling in love again with ER4S, especially with the new cable I made myself (just for much better ergonomics) and driven by either FiiO X7 or Mojo. I listen to ER4S a lot more than any IEM I have these days.

 

You know your new cable improved the sound too. You know that deep down. :wink_face:

post #7001 of 7632

If someone is looking to pull the trigger on these, let me know before you do.

post #7002 of 7632
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post
 

 

You know your new cable improved the sound too. You know that deep down. :wink_face:

 

Every once in awhile I can use some magic in my life, I guess :D

post #7003 of 7632
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatergb View Post

If someone is looking to pull the trigger on these, let me know before you do.
On what?
post #7004 of 7632
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post

I 'll say I am falling in love again with ER4S, especially with the new cable I made myself (just for much better ergonomics) and driven by either FiiO X7 or Mojo. I listen to ER4S a lot more than any IEM I have these days.

Same here. I always seem to come back.
post #7005 of 7632
Quote:
Originally Posted by jatergb View Post
 

If someone is looking to pull the trigger on these, let me know before you do.

Different hotline or maybe better to post on the dark web to find whoever you seek...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...