Changing the cable's the only thing - they're just very microphonic cables.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Eymotics ER-4PT for Bill Last post on 3/24/14 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE-900, SE-425, ER-4PT, SE-215 IEM's for sale. All prices negotiable. Last post on 3/11/14 at 3:50pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which Etymotics for me? Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do in-ear earphones cause damage to ears? Last post on 12/21/13 at 9:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4 S vs ER 4 PT Last post on 1/22/14 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 47
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 424610/27/12 at 2:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Dragunov-21
You have an amp, so you'd go the ER-4S for the "blacker" noise floor and (IMO) very slightly better sound over the 4P.
The 4B has a slight boost to treble around the 10kHz region, but I can't see why you'd want that in a phone that's already revealing and treble-centric.
The PT is just a P with some useless bits and a higher pricetag.
Thanks!post #693 of 424610/27/12 at 9:00ampost #694 of 424610/27/12 at 2:20pmpost #695 of 424610/27/12 at 2:51pm
"Teaspoon of Cement", by "HTFU Audio". :P
In seriousness, though they are very microphonic, I just use the shirt-clip and find it acceptable. I haven't changed the cable.post #696 of 424610/27/12 at 5:02pm
this guy sells adapters so you can use whatever cable you want (except the default one ofc)
with this you can put the cable behind the ear and forget microphonics.
only drawback is if you put them really really deep then the 90° angle can be a problem.post #697 of 424610/27/12 at 5:15pm
Actually, that's something I forgot to mention - something that can improve microphonic isolation is to wrap the cable around the back of your ears, over to the front (opposite to most configs).
Whether or not that's comfortable for you might be different, but still ;)post #698 of 424611/2/12 at 5:03pm
Anyone care to try these eq settings on an er4? Head-fier bias posted that link in the sound science forum. It calls for -5dB at 2.5kHz and -8dB at 7.5kHz to correct for both resonance and FR boost in the er4s. I'm trying this on the er-6 as I type this.
Edit (copied from SS forum): Initial impressions are that it sounds somehow flatter. I expected it to muffle the sound a lot more than it did, but the overall effect takes a bit of high frequency emphasis off of vocals and certain drums without impacting much else. I will experiment with more tracks, but so far it is a very impressive effect imo.
Edited by gnarlsagan - 11/2/12 at 5:17pmpost #699 of 424611/5/12 at 9:59am
when i want an "easy listening er4" aka "don't hurt me when i push the volume a little" i do lower around those frequencies, but -1 and -2. not -5 and -8
i tried for science and humanity, but it sounds very much like something i wouldn't want even for free.post #700 of 424611/5/12 at 10:53amQuote:
Awesome thanks for sharing your impressions. The theory is that everyone's preferences will be different. I'm still messing with the eq and I suspect that -5 and -8 is a bit much for me too.post #701 of 424611/5/12 at 5:44pm
That kind of notch cutting is a bit much. Human hearing is less sensitive to cuts compared to peaks, and that might be why this person decided to cut it so steeply.post #702 of 424611/7/12 at 12:11amQuote:
Surprisingly less sensitive in my case. I mean definitely noticeable but not at all like adding dB.post #703 of 424611/8/12 at 5:51ampost #704 of 424611/8/12 at 1:53pmpost #705 of 424611/8/12 at 2:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Philips Golden Ears challenge 14 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMan HE-560 Review 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › NuForce Icon DAC with Android/DSD support now release! 4 minutes ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 4 minutes ago
- › Recommending Hifiman HE-400 or Philips X1 4 minutes ago
- › A headfi movie script I wrote in the HE500 thread a long time ago,... 4 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob