Changing the cable's the only thing - they're just very microphonic cables.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Eymotics ER-4PT for Bill Last post on 2/7/14 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE-900, SE-425, ER-4PT, SE-215 IEM's for sale. All prices negotiable. Last post on 3/11/14 at 3:50pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Which Etymotics for me? Last post on 12/31/13 at 8:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Do in-ear earphones cause damage to ears? Last post on 12/21/13 at 9:19am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4 S vs ER 4 PT Last post on 1/22/14 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... - Page 47
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #692 of 410410/27/12 at 2:54amQuote:Originally Posted by Dragunov-21
You have an amp, so you'd go the ER-4S for the "blacker" noise floor and (IMO) very slightly better sound over the 4P.
The 4B has a slight boost to treble around the 10kHz region, but I can't see why you'd want that in a phone that's already revealing and treble-centric.
The PT is just a P with some useless bits and a higher pricetag.
Thanks!post #693 of 410410/27/12 at 9:00ampost #694 of 410410/27/12 at 2:20pmpost #695 of 410410/27/12 at 2:51pm
"Teaspoon of Cement", by "HTFU Audio". :P
In seriousness, though they are very microphonic, I just use the shirt-clip and find it acceptable. I haven't changed the cable.post #696 of 410410/27/12 at 5:02pm
this guy sells adapters so you can use whatever cable you want (except the default one ofc)
with this you can put the cable behind the ear and forget microphonics.
only drawback is if you put them really really deep then the 90° angle can be a problem.post #697 of 410410/27/12 at 5:15pm
Actually, that's something I forgot to mention - something that can improve microphonic isolation is to wrap the cable around the back of your ears, over to the front (opposite to most configs).
Whether or not that's comfortable for you might be different, but still ;)post #698 of 410411/2/12 at 5:03pm
Anyone care to try these eq settings on an er4? Head-fier bias posted that link in the sound science forum. It calls for -5dB at 2.5kHz and -8dB at 7.5kHz to correct for both resonance and FR boost in the er4s. I'm trying this on the er-6 as I type this.
Edit (copied from SS forum): Initial impressions are that it sounds somehow flatter. I expected it to muffle the sound a lot more than it did, but the overall effect takes a bit of high frequency emphasis off of vocals and certain drums without impacting much else. I will experiment with more tracks, but so far it is a very impressive effect imo.
Edited by gnarlsagan - 11/2/12 at 5:17pmpost #699 of 410411/5/12 at 9:59am
when i want an "easy listening er4" aka "don't hurt me when i push the volume a little" i do lower around those frequencies, but -1 and -2. not -5 and -8
i tried for science and humanity, but it sounds very much like something i wouldn't want even for free.post #700 of 410411/5/12 at 10:53amQuote:
Awesome thanks for sharing your impressions. The theory is that everyone's preferences will be different. I'm still messing with the eq and I suspect that -5 and -8 is a bit much for me too.post #701 of 410411/5/12 at 5:44pm
That kind of notch cutting is a bit much. Human hearing is less sensitive to cuts compared to peaks, and that might be why this person decided to cut it so steeply.post #702 of 410411/7/12 at 12:11amQuote:
Surprisingly less sensitive in my case. I mean definitely noticeable but not at all like adding dB.post #703 of 410411/8/12 at 5:51ampost #704 of 410411/8/12 at 1:53pmpost #705 of 410411/8/12 at 2:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Laptop or Desktop? 2 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 Sony Extra Bass Earphones ? 3 minutes ago
- › Teac Reference Line UD-501 USB DAC "DSD" 3 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet / Nashville, TN Area / May 10, 2014 (UPDATED 3/4/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude